AVAILABLE TO RENT: Flexible
Our family waits to go there and hates to leave! Our house located on the North Fork in the middle of beautiful beaches and wonderful vineyards and just two hours from New York City. Set on 1.9 acres it is Great for groups with a 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom newly renovated main house with a separate loft studio apartment (not renovated but nice) above the garage. Perfect for children and their endless adventures.
The house is located on exclusive Nassau Point where you can see the sun rise over the water just across the street on our private deeded beach – where there is swimming, boating, clamming, fishing and everything else the North Fork has to offer. Less than a ¼ mile to the beautiful exclusive Nassau Point Beach with playground, facilities, lifeguard and volleyball. This house and location is perfect for children, with everything you need for endless adventures.
When we renovated the house it was with the intention that you would feel that even though you were inside you could see and experience the outside from every room. The main house has huge windows that open all the way out; throughout for tons of light and upstairs the master bedroom feels like you are sleeping amongst the trees. The new fully equipped open kitchen has a huge old farm table that seats 12 and is certain to become the center for all things happening. When you open up the kitchen doors to the patio you feel as if there is not separation between the two and it is all one big room.
The home offers a beautifully and peaceful landscaped private backyard, stone patio and fire pit, fantastic outdoor shower, gas Weber grill, laundry, and very comfortable new beds. The house sleeps up to 12 easily and the guest loft can sleep 3-4. For the kids there is a screened in porch with a foosball table, a small basketball court outside, lots of bicycles, tree swings and a large lawn for all types of games. There is a family kayak to explore the bay with.
Enjoy local award winning restaurants, wineries, shopping, farm stands, antique shops and fall harvest festivals. Centrally located, visit many Award Winning Northfork wineries, the Hamptons, Montauk, Greenport, Shelter Island or Orient Point. Close to Splish Splash water park, Atlantis Marine World Aquarium, Tanger outlet mall shopping, and antique shopping.
Come enjoy pumpkin picking, corn mazes, maritime festival and fall harvest festivities.
Location: Cutchogue, North Fork, Long Island, New York, USA (90 miles from NYC, 20 min to Hamptons or Shelter Island)
$4,500 per week= six nights (up to 8 guests)
$5,500 per week= six nights (up to 12 guests)
$6,000 per week= six nights (up to 12 guests + use of the guest house)
Absolutely loved the house. It had everything we needed for a family vacation by the beach over the holidays. Jamie and Jodi were thorough hosts who worked hard to anticipate our every need. Hope to visit again and often.
An amazing house, in every regard. We've stayed in numerous rental houses over the years, both on the North Fork and elsewhere, and none can compare to this one. Shockingly, the great photos on the site don't even do the house justice - it's far more beautiful in person. Some of the highlights, in no particular order:
- Each bedroom has its own private bathroom, which is an absolute godsend when sharing the house with guests.
- Despite a very open and airy feeling, the house is surprisingly soundproof - also great when (hypothetically) the 9 months pregnant woman wants go to sleep at 9pm and her husband and friends want to stay up late playing the piano and playing card games that involve a lot of shouting.
- The kitchen is incredibly well-equipped - good knives, a cabinet full of Le Cruset cookware, good plates/glasses, a terrific gas range, etc. Clearly this is a house lived in by people who actually cook (which is rarely the case with rental properties).
- Love that the house isn't centered around the TV. There *is* a good TV, and enough seats to gather around it if desired, but I love that it's not the main sitting area of the house. We instead spent our time actually socializing, cooking, eating, drinking, playing card games, making smores, etc. So much better.
- The yard feels shockingly private given the relative proximity to the road and neighbors. The landscaping is gorgeous, and creates an almost zen-like sanctuary. The fire pit is a wonderful touch (as was the fact that there was an ample supply of pre-cut wood and kindling).
- The proximity to the private beach is fabulous. Most of our other stays on the North Fork have been spent searching in vain for a dog-friendly beach that's not restricted by parking passes - so this was a really wonderful perk.
- The beds are suuuuuper comfortable (another rarity in rental properties). Again, being 9 months pregnant, this was of critical importance to me - I even brought along a memory foam topper, assuming the bed would be rock hard, but never used it. And lovely sheets/towels/linens. Very much appreciated that each bed had a proper duvet and multiple pillows.
- Powerful, zoned a/c. So so good.
- That said, we loved being able to literally open up the entire house on cooler days - the big windows everywhere created a fantastic indoor/outdoor sensibility, which was very pleasant on afternoons spent indoors.
- The house's location was truly ideal - just a short drive from everything we needed, shops in Mattituck, seafood market in Cutchogue, great restaurants in Greenport, etc.
Running out of words, but suffice it to say, we cannot WAIT to come back!
Jamie's house is incredible, one of the best and most well equipped vacation homes we've ever stayed in. It comfortably housed 6 adults and 6 children with plenty of room to spare. The large beautifully landscaped wooded garden kept the kids occupied and away from the TV for hours! The house also has a large play room and a garage full of beach equipment that the hosts kindly allow guests to use. For adults, the house and garden provide many tranquil, comfortable reading and resting spots as well as great areas to eat and socialize in. The beach, just a minutes walk away, is perfect for early morning swims, the kids couldn't get enough of it. We loved the house so much we were sorry to leave, we will definitely be back!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT