About this listing
Enjoy your Shanghai trip in a SHANGHIGH design home! Studio type room, ensuite bathroom, kitchen, plus the bed on the second floor of the duplex. Designer home concept combined with a unique scenery will make your visit to this city unforgettable.
Love Shanghai, live ShangHIGH.
Room size: 45m2
- Printing service
- Washing machine
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- toothpaste (*you need to bring your toothbrush)
Interaction with guests
We usually wait for the guests to arrive so we can show them around the house and give them the key. In that manner, we would appreciate to tell us your time of arrival and departure so we can tune our schedules.
Studio is in the building completed in 1997 as a part of that day's modern urban planning along North Bund. However, the rare road, Wuchang Road, is full of little shops offering various services (fruits, veggies, dry cleaning, hair saloon, ...). Behind this lively small business is traditional chinese housing typology shikumen (石库门), known for it's super dense design, where neighbours share their daily routines and kids play in the alleyways.
The small river you can see from the studio is Suzhou River (苏州 河) and it's river bank is perfect for the morning jog, taichi or evening beer on one of the benches along the way. In the night, the corner in front of our building alongside with the rare roads, turns into lively street food display. We recommend you try shaokao 烧烤 skewers with veggies, meat and tofu.
You can take a walk to the Bund (10 minutes) or to Nanjing East Road (15 minutes). Taxi to Nanjing East Road will take 10 minutes. The nearest metro station is line 10, Tiantong Road (天潼路站)and Sichuan North Road (四川北路站), also line 10. Distance from the studio to the metro station is around 8 minutes walking.
1. Please keep the noise level down throughout the day as well as in the evening. Our speakers have high volume, but if you turn your music up too loud (in the evening or in the other part of the day) neighbours have the right to call the police. Some of our neighbours also have small children so keep that in mind too.
2. We would prefer that you don't smoke. If you must, please do it in the area close to the windows so you can ventilate easily.
3. In case you are staying more than 5 days, we will offer to change the sheets, towels and do the cleaning in the half of your stay.
4. In the case of an emergency, our room is equipped with the fire extinguisher. Please take care of our room and make sure to turn aircon and heaters off before going out.
Hi! We are a group of designers living, working and enjoying Shanghai. The best thing about this city is diversity making the views from our windows breathtaking. If you are passing by, we are happy to host you and make sure that you have the authentic ShangHIGH experience. All of our listings are in high buildings so you won't lack any daylight or landscape. See you soon!