Welcome to your home-away-from-home hotel alternative lodging experience in a fabulous tropical resort-style gated mini-estate that is yours to embrace!
Your host is a Hollywood celebrity actress, author, and entrepreneur. Cheri is the ex-wife of international pop star Stevie Woods, daughter-in-law of jazz icon Rusty Bryant, and cousin-in-law of “Miami Vice” TV star Phillip Michael-Thomas. Cheri is a licensed real-estate agent and can assist you with any real-estate needs such as a permanent rental or selling / purchasing property in the Los Angeles or Las Vegas area. We are the best kept secret in the entertainment industry for lodging in the Los Angeles area. All you need is your toothbrush and a bathing suit!
* In the exclusive Woodland Hills/Calabasas area (known as "The Beverly Hills of the San Fernando Valley") in the upscale "South of the blvd." (hillside) section of L.A. * Right off the 101 fwy. * 1/2 block to bus transportation * A stone's throw to Old Town Calabasas tourist attractions * 4 mi. to Warner Center, Westfield and Promenade Malls * Within walking distance to dining, entertainment and businesses * 20 mi. to Burbank airport * 29 mi. to LAX airport * 17 mi. to Universal Studios * 18 mi. to Hollywood * 23 mi. to ocean (Santa Monica/Malibu) * 52 mi. to Disneyland
* Over 10,000 sq.ft. mini-estate with 24/7 surveillance cameras. Guest houses located behind electric gates with private gated side entry. Guest units surrounded by tropical country-club setting * Natural rock waterfall splashing into a sparkling laguna-style lap pool.
OUTDOOR SHARED AMENITIES INCLUDE :
* Natural rock waterfall splashing into a sparkling laguna-style lap pool * 24/7 heated spa * Romantic custom Tiki Hut cabana w/ wicker chairs, end table & bench overlooking pool *Outdoor bar * pool area lounge chair * upper deck tanning area with 4 lounge chairs * umbrella covered table & chairs (seating for 6) Bar-B-Que w/ 2 gazebo-covered picnic tables and benches for group dining * Fire pit * Coin laundry
400 sq.ft turnkey guest unit, steps out to BBQ area, portable heating / wall AC, table fan and portable heater, Plantation blinds, kitchen table w/ seating for 3, freestanding unit that shares no common walls.
* 50" flat panel TV * Wifi (computer DSL wireless) * Reprogrammable electronic digital safe * Custom faux painting * Saltillo tile flooring * Fully furnished in Cottage/Country/Shabby Chic theme decor * Queen bed with pillow-top mattress * Twin sofa bed * 3/4 bathroom * Hair dryer * Towels * All utilities paid *
NOTE: All guesthouses/units do NOT come with full kitchens. This means no stove, oven or kitchen sink. As a courtesy to my guests, I have added a "kitchenette." Consider this a bonus, not an amenity! Items include: Bar-size refrigerator/freezer * Double burner hotplate * Toaster * Microwave oven * Coffeemaker * Kitchen wares
Pets are welcome with prior approval. Certain breed restrictions due to liability issues.
* Prices are less than a government per diem, perfect for extended-stay business travelers, relocating employees, entertainment industry clients, or any other purpose. It is a cost-saving alternative to hotels or corporate-housing chains. There are no taxes or hidden costs. No discounts are offered so do not ask! The units are so reasonably priced that we often have to turn guests away! Prices are based on up to double occupancy. Extra guests are $10 person per night. Children under 5 and pets are free.
* Early check-in
* No agents commission
* No set-up fee
* No credit check or fee
* No lease or fee
* No resort fee
* No safe fee
* No taxes
* No minimum stay
* No internet fee
* No pet fee
* No hidden fees
* Check host calendar prior to making your reservation. To secure a reservation, you must provide an advance payment in full for the # of nights you are reserving. Your cleaning fee and refundable security deposit are automatically included in your booking payment. No pet deposit required.
Payment made directly through Airbnb. Hosts are not involved in the payment process.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after 2 guests|
|Weekly Price:||$420 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1860 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
|Neighborhood:||Woodland Hills/Warner Center|
We had a great time at Cheri's place.
The bungalow is so nice, the perfect place to stay if you visit Woodland Hills, 20mn from the beautiful beaches of Malibu.
The place was charming, we felt like we were on holidays in another country!
Cheri was a very attentive and nice host.
Overall Great Experience. Cheri was very helpful.
I only needed to contact her once as the instructions were crystal clear. Great place, great Airbnb gig. No complaints. Massive flat screen TV at the Bungalow was pleasant.
I really enjoyed this little bungalow. You seriously cannot find a place like this for the price. I mean, you really are on a tropical resort and it's beautiful! I totally recommend reading the instructions for checking in before getting there, so that its not confusing. There are a lot of helpful, detailed instructions. As a seasoned traveler, the little checklist at the end was really nice! Thanks Cheri! I will be back!
The Bungalow was very comfortable, clean, and a great location for us. We enjoyed our stay. Thanks to Cheri for the detailed instructions both before our visit and those left in the Bungalow. They made checking in and out very smooth. The Bungalow was very quiet. There are a lot of amenities for the price. We would highly recommend the Resort to anyone looking for accommodations in the Woodland Hills/Calabassas area.
I'm not sure we encountered the same Cheri that others had left reviews on. From the moment we arrived and had difficulty opening the gate Cheri was unpleasant, confrontational and unaccommodating..
My wife and I travel a lot and have stayed at hundreds of B&B's and vacation rentals. We have never encountered anyone who was so downright unpleasant to deal with.
As for the location and the unit I would only say that if you have any physical limitations I would not stay here. Just getting up the driveway and getting into the high bed were challenges for my wife who has had hip surgury.
I accepted these guests who had no reviews. The listing, confirmation sent to them by airbnb & my check-in instructions clearly state self check-in time starts @ 3:00, yet they disregarded our check-in time arriving 3 hrs. early. Since Larry's personal security code had not yet been set on the property access gate, Larry broke the electronic lock forcing their way in, but only after phoning airbnb to complain instead of contacting me for assistance, although he claimed they "texted" me (not a contact option, as I don't text.) Despite the fact housekeeping was still cleaning the unit from the previous guests who had just checked out that AM, I still tried to accommodate them by allowing them to immediately go into the unit.
That evening, since it was after ofc. hrs. they began knocking on my kitchen door while I was in the middle of dinner, to complain about the bed being too high as she'd had surgery (so why not sleep on the sofa bed then?) & also the puddle of water on the floor in front of the refrigerator due to their 3 hr. early check-in while housekeeping was still in the process of defrosting the refrig. which is our only time to do so, in between guests!) They asked if I had another unit so I offered them 2 options: an upgrade to the Spanish Hacienda or to book the lesser-priced Hawaiian Hut, but they declined both. They said they were going to a hotel & demanded a refund (ignoring our refund policy.) The following day I discovered they had taken all of my keys with them when they checked out. A few days later I observed them back inside my property w/ an unauthorized 3rd person, attempting to gain entry into my guest house. When I approached them, Larry handed me the keyring and again demanded a refund. Although you would think mature couples would especially tend to be more respectful of a host's property, this was not the case. They had a bad attitude & were problematic from the start. I would not recommend them to any host based on my experience with them.
Our stay at the Bungalow was lovely, a great staycation that felt very relaxed and out of the city which was exactly what we wanted. The bed was extremely comfortable. Our stay was short so we didn't use the kitchenette features, just went out to dinner (there are a lot of great restaurants on Ventura Blvd, less than a mile away). We definitely used the jacuzzi which was perfect. The pool was freezing but to be expected in November.
A quick note to those Airbnb-ers who enjoy staying in a more residential place: This is basically a bunch of units broken up like a motel/hotel. It kind of feels odd and a little impersonal if you're used to staying in a full residential apartment or home on Airbnb. There are a lot of rules, instructions, and checklists that seemed excessive for the space. So be warned, it's not like staying at a typical Airbnb apartment or home. This was just the Bungalow, so I can't speak for other units.
Otherwise, it was perfect for what we wanted....a one-day getaway.
Cheri was a most enjoyable host. I had a nice conversation with her and she is full of interesting tid bits of information. The accommodations were perfect and the story behind the property was amazing.! She was able to accommodate me and my critters, and that was very much appreciated. I will stay there again on my next trip to the LA area!
Great stay in the Bungalow. Very private, quaint, and had all necessities at arm's reach. Great central location. Would definitely recommend this private little oasis.
cheris ' the bungalow ' is highly recommendabel , if you're looking for a well equipped room , a comfortabel connection to the 101 and a independent vacation location.
We spent quite a bit of time in the bungalow. And we enjoyed its tranquil-tropical, spacious setting in convenient proximity of Santa Monica, Malibu, and Beverly Hills. We also enjoyed the additional facilities that are provided by the very responsive host: ranging from a large barbecue with extensive seating to a pool with a small waterfall that amplifies the audiovisual ambiance of this location.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.