Please DO NOT SUBMIT A BOOKING REQUEST WITHOUT CONTACTING ME FIRST. Read the thorough room description below for details about this. Additionally, please read the "SEPTEMBER TRAVEL NOTE" for details about booking requests for the end of September.
SEPTEMBER TRAVEL NOTE: I will be traveling from the 23rd of September through the 4th of October. During this time, priority will be given to guests who will be staying the greatest number of days during that time.
This is the SMALLER of TWO guest rooms. Your bedroom will be private, but YOU WILL BE SHARING THE COMMON AREAS of the apartment if I have guests in the other guest room for the same time period. Please read below FIRST for full details.
PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST (via the "Contact Host" button below the photo of me) with any questions, the dates of your visit and your approximate arrival time BEFORE making an actual booking request (via the "Request to Book" button).
If you make a booking request before contacting me and getting a response with an invitation to submit a booking request, I regret that I will have to decline your booking request.
My guest room is in an excellent location, a great value and an extremely popular booking--all of which you can see in my glowing reviews. Sometimes my calendar may show dates available, but I may actually be holding those dates for someone who has already contacted me first. In fairness, I always accept booking requests for the same dates in the order received.
Also--and THIS IS IMPORTANT--I will never extend an invitation to make a booking request to anyone who doesn't have his or her profile completed with:
1) a clear personal photo (of yourself--not of the mountains or your dog or flowers or...);
2) some Airbnb verifications--not necessarily reviews, but Airbnb verifications in the form of identification, verified phone number, email address, etc.: https://www.airbnb.com/verify; and,
3) some personal information so that I have an idea of whom I might be inviting into my home.
Please make sure of this BEFORE contacting me.
One final note--because I have had a couple of recent bookings where the guests informed me of a late-night arrival AFTER booking the room--I generally cannot accommodate late-night arrivals in this apartment. If your flight, bus, train or other mode of transportation will have you arriving at night (especially international flights arriving in the late evening) and arriving at the apartment at a late hour, I apologize in advance, but I will not be able to accommodate a late check-in.
I'm offering a very small but cozy, private room in my apartment in the East Village. (Also see my other listing for the larger guest room in this apartment: "Great Room in Lively East Village".) The guest room is comfortably furnished with a beautiful single bed from West Elm with a relaxing, restful, plush euro pillowtop mattress--not some cheap, hard mattress with springs poking you in the back all night and barely any cushioning! Additionally, there's an armoire/wardrobe in the room if you'd like to fully unpack your suitcase and get comfortable.
Fresh, quality bed linens and towels are provided for your stay, as is WiFi. Additionally, there is an iron and hair dryer available for shared use. In the kitchen you'll find a delicious selection of mostly organic teas for your enjoyment. You are absolutely welcome to make use of the kitchen to prepare any meals, if you wish, and you are invited to get comfortable in the living room area and read a book or watch television. In the bedroom you will find a power strip that has four USB ports to charge your electronics and two electrical outlets with international adapters built in to accommodate most all various worldwide electrical plugs. Who's got you covered? I do!
My apartment is a fairly typical NYC flat--not humongous but very welcoming, warm, safe and clean (earth-friendly, cruelty-free products are used). Typical smaller, older, downtown apartment buildings like this one don't have an elevator/lift--but this one does (as of a couple of years ago!) to make transporting your luggage upstairs easy or if you have problems with stairs.
Your host--that would be me--is a genuinely kind, friendly, former Midwesterner who wants to make sure your visit to this fabulous city is wonderful (I hope you love it as much as I do!) and that your stay in my home is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. In short, while you are visiting, my home is your home.
Situated on East 10th Street, the location is convenient to all that this city has to offer. The L train is a less-than-5-minute walk away, and Tompkins Square Park is right around the corner. Within a short walking distance is Union Square, Greenwich Village, the Lower East Side, Chinatown, SoHo, Washington Square Park and more! Subway trains that are very close include the L, 4, 5, 6, F, N, R, Q, all of which will connect you wherever you want to go in a snap!
For your convenience, the neighborhood offers plenty of restaurants (including vegetarian/vegan, Thai, Japanese, Mexican, pizza, falafels, diners and much more), grocery stores (including Whole Foods and Trader Joe's), farmer's markets, coffee shops, 24-hour delis and pharmacies, off-Broadway theatres, cinemas, nightlife options and more.
This is the smaller of TWO guest rooms in this apartment. Your bedroom will be private, but YOU WILL BE SHARING THE COMMON AREAS of the apartment--bathroom, kitchen and living room areas.
Interaction with guests
I love NYC, and I love sharing my love of the city with my guests! I'm easily available if there are any issues, you have any questions or if you simply need some recommendations, tips or directions. If we don't see much of each other, just send me an Airbnb message, text message, iMessage, Airbnb message, etc.
Other things to note
1. The room itself is very small and is approximately 6.5'x8.25' (about 53.5 sq. feet/5 sq. meters), and there are two guest rooms in the apartment.
2. Your bedroom is private, but YOU WILL BE SHARING THE COMMON AREAS of the apartment (bathroom, kitchen and living room) if I have guests in the other guest room for the same time period. If this is an issue for you, then do not book this room.
3. If I am not traveling, then I personally tidy up my place every day or every other one to clean the common areas and to make sure things are stocked (teas, hand soap, paper towels, toilet tissue, etc.) and garbage and recyclables are removed. I do ask that you help me keep the place clean by picking up after yourself and disposing of trash and recyclables in their proper places.
The place is super-convenient as noted above, has an awesome host (if I may say so myself) and is a great value.
I enjoy meeting different people, and I look forward to welcoming you as a guest into my home.
Be kind. That about sums it up--not just in my apartment, but in life in general. :-)
Beyond that, here are a few things to note:
• I generally say that check-in is after 12pm (noon) and check-out is by 10am. However, I'm flexible if you're arriving/departing earlier or later (depending on my work projects and/or meetings that day); please let me know your arrival and departure times IN ADVANCE.
• Please no smoking (including e-cigarettes and/or vaping) in the apartment or building--not even if a window is open. You will be asked to leave immediately, reported to Airbnb and charged a substantial fee for professional cleaning and odor removal services of the entire apartment.
• Help conserve energy by turning off lights, air conditioning, television, laptops and other electronics when not in use.
• Please help keep the kitchen and the rest of the apartment tidy by cleaning up after yourself--washing dishes, glasses and utensils immediately after use and cleaning up any spills and messes that you may make.
• As a courtesy to the guests who may be in the other guest room and for general safety and security, please no visitors without permission in advance; and, absolutely no un-booked late-night/overnight guests. But you're a courteous, responsible adult, so you wouldn't even think about doing this anyway, right?
• Save your drama for your mama, please. Let's keep my place a Positive Energy Zone. (mmmmm...PEZ...)
• If you need anything or have any concerns while staying at my place, please let me know.
• Most importantly, enjoy your visit!
• If you're arriving early (which we would have already discussed and agreed upon before you booked) and I already have a guest, you are welcome to leave your bags until the room is ready.
• If you are departing later in the day and I have a new guest waiting for the room, you will most likely be welcome to leave your bags in the common area of the apartment until your departure. Please discuss this with me in advance. Please allow me access to the bedroom by the standard check-out time so that I may properly clean the room for the next guest.
This host has 430 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a New Yorker by way of the Midwest who is as madly in love with NYC as the first time I visited--actually, probably even more. I enjoy travel (though I don't get to do it as much as I'd like), photography, meeting new people and continually exploring this great city. I am a genuinely friendly and caring person with a creative and nurturing spirit.
In my day job, I am a web content manager/producer and manage the web production team for the company for which I work in support of the company's website, network of blogs and social media efforts. If I could earn a living by traveling the world and doing photography, I would be a very happy camper!
NOTE TO POTENTIAL GUESTS: You must CONTACT ME FIRST instead of submitting a booking request. Please read the full room description for information about this request and for thorough details about the room. I will never extend an invitation to make a booking request to anyone who doesn't have his or her profile completed with 1) a clear personal photo (of yourself--not of the mountains or your dog or flowers or...), 2) some Airbnb verifications--not necessarily reviews, but Airbnb verifications in the form of identification, verified phone number, email address, etc.; and 3) some personal information so that I have an idea of whom I might be inviting into my home. Please make sure of this BEFORE contacting me.