About This Listing
150 feet from the trendy "canal Saint-Martin", in the heart of Paris...
"little house in paris" is in our courtyard, hidden at the end of a private alley...
Seated on the terrace, overlooking at our rose, bamboo and orange trees, you'll feel peaceful and relax as if staying in french countryside, while you'll stay right in the center of the city!
The house has been fully renovated in 2012.
* Sleeps comfortably 2 people (new queen size mattress)
* Terrace, with a view on our private courtyard
* Bathroom with japanese style bath
* Fully equipped kitchen, with washing machine
* Trendy and safe neighborhood
* 4 doors (with 2 secured code) between street and you
* Amazingly quiet though situated in a very central location
* High-Speed Internet (ADSL, WiFi) connection
Little house (27 sq meter) :
Living room with kitchen space (12 sq meter),
bed on the mezzanine (7 sq meter),
bathroom (2 sq meter)
and outside private little terrace (4 sq meter)
All the comfort of home :
* Living room with a club chair, a 2 seater sofa, a wardrobe and a chest of drawers
* Real mattress bed "queen size" on the mezzanine
* Fully equipped kitchen (fridge, toaster, kettle, microwave, vitro-cooker, eating utensils), washing machine, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, bedding and linen, towels. On request: vacuum ...
* Tea (MARIAGE Frères), herbal tea, coffee, sugar, mineral water, salt, pepper, olive oil, hand soap, laundry soap, detergent... and some other basics
Private access to the upper terrace.
Interaction with Guests
The little house is an annex of our home. Both have independent entrance, from the same courtyard. We respect your privacy, so we won't interact with you, unless you need us.
MONUMENTS-LEISURE close to the house
Near the center G. Pompidou (Beaubourg), the Halles, the P.Picasso Museum (the area Le Marais is at walking distance), the Parc de la Villette (Cité des Sciences, geode, Cité des enfants, Cité de la Musique, shows at the great Halle de la Villette ...), the Parc des Buttes Chaumont, the cemetery of Père Lachaise ...
A lot of design shops, bar and restaurant all in the area, very busy in the evenings and on weekends, a little typical food Sunday market at the corner… Walks, run or cruise (boat) along the Canal Saint-Martin, evening picnic along the canal or in the Square Villemin ...
LOCATION - ACCESSIBILITY
* 50m from the very trendy canal Saint-Martin
* 2min from a "Vélib' Station" (Public "Rent a bike")
* Conveniently accessible by public transportation: 3 very close underground (subway/tube) lines (5, 4 and 2), plus the main station Republique within 10 min walk (lines : 3, 5, 8, 9 and 11).
* Within walking distance from train stations :
Gare de l'Est (8 min) or Gare du Nord (17 min).
Other Things to Note
- High season : 170 euros/night - 1110 euros/week
MAY-JULY & SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER
End of year (Minimum stay : 6 nights)
Week-end (Minimum stay : 3 nights)
- Low season : -20% Off for week stay (760 euros/week)
JANUARY(from 5th), FEBRUARY
A FEW RULES
* Minimum stay is 3 nights. If you would like to stay less than three nights, the cost will still be the same as a three days stay: ask us.
* For long stays, it is best to ask us.
* Cleaning is done before your arrival but if you wish to have additional cleaning done for an extra charge, during your stay, please let us know.
* No smoking inside the little house, but you may smoke on the terrace
* No pets are allowed (but you may admire the cats of the neighborhood who also like birds)
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
* Standard arrival time is at 16.00 (4p.m.) onwards.
If you would like to come in earlier, please feel free to ask and we'll try to accommodate.
* Someone is always present at check-in to meet you, hand you the keys, explain to you how things work and answer any questions you may have.
* Departure is at 10.00 a.m. at the latest; so as to allow time for the cleaning person to clean and prepare the apartment for the next guest.
* If you wish to leave your luggage and pick it up before taking your train or flight back, please feel free to ask.
* We will ask you to send us a photocopy of your passport's identification page.
* We are asking a security deposit of 500 €. For term rentals longer than two weeks , we may require a higher deposit.
* The deposit will be used to pay for any damages which may be caused during your stay. In the event that the cost to repair such damages is higher than the security deposit you will be liable for the difference.
* We want you to relax and feel comfortable, so costs of minor accidents such as a broken drinking-glass will not be deducted and your deposit will be refunded in full, but we ask you to let us know if such little accidents do accur.
Perfect little cottage. We never met Segire but she arranged everything perfectly by email. The little house made Paris feel delightful and whimsical and welcoming.
We had a lovely time in this little house. Segire was extremely easy to get in touch with. Check in was a breeze. She gave us great recommendations about bakeries and restaurants in the area.
The location is great. There are plenty of nice cafes, restaurants and shopping in the area. It was a great home base. We used the bike share program, Velib, and there are a couple of bike docks within easy walking distance.
The place itself is charming. It is small (which Segire details clearly in the description), but worked very well for us. We found the mattress to be very comfortable. And the place was very clean and it's very quiet. The little terrace overlooking the garden was a nice place to sit and enjoy a glass of wine after a day wandering around the city. The wifi worked well for us. And it was so nice to have a hair dryer.
I would definitely recommend staying at this place and would love to stay again if we find ourselves traveling back to Paris.
My son and I had a lovely stay here. The place was cozy and comfortable. The location excellent (we were there on a Sunday and enjoyed walking in the Marais area). Sergire helped with restaurant recommendations and a ride to the airport. All in all a lovely 3 days and we would love to come again!
The Little House is Paris is a magical place. An amazing discovery in the middle of the city and it makes you feel like you're staying in the best spot possible. Plus it's quiet!
The little house is so sweet, every nook is well thought out. And it has a king size mattress! We loved the little kitchen and bed-side reading lights.
Segire was a great host and very accommodating.
The area around the house has many places to eat and see. Highly recommended.
Maison charmante et très calme. Tout y est organisé au mieux compte tenu d'un espace réduit et on s'y sent à l'aise dès le 1er instant!
Nous avons été accueilli parfaitement. Un petit problème de fusible a été géré a distance sans aucun désagrément pour nous et la propriétaire a été très souple pour nous faciliter la vie le jour de notre départ.
La "petite maison" est un lieu insolite et exceptionnel de Paris, dans un quartier agréable et populaire tout en étant très bien situé (canal St-Martin, à deux pas de la Gare de l'Est, proche de la Bastille et du Marais, etc.). Nous nous réjouissons d'y revenir!
Segire is a wonderful host, and the little house itself is wonderful and very special. The flat is very small, as expected, but the layout is very good and everything is very high quality. The quality is much better than one generally expects at other AirBNB places or even most hotels. For example, not all the furnishings are IKEA, but rather a mixture of well chosen design pieces and antiques...you can tell that Segire and Louis cared about how they furnished the space and did not simply buy the cheapest acceptable goods to fill the space.
The location itself is ideal, with a number of excellent restaurants and cafes in the area and a beautiful canal to walk down. It is not that near to transport, but within 5-15 minutes walk you can get to a few different major stations (Gare du Nord, Gare de l'est, Republique etc). The house itself is secluded in a private courtyard that blocks out much of the noise and bustle of the city...a local friend of mine came for a visit and she was really surprised by how nice it was as well!
As hosts, Segire and Louis were wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful, and seemed to be available when needed, yet for the rest of the time the place felt very private. The pickup and handover of keys was very simple and easy, and I did not find it difficult to find. The entry into the space is behind three gates, so it is a bit complicated, but very easy to deal with once you have the keys.
I will definitely book the place again if it is available when I am next in Paris. For a solo traveler or couple, it seems like it would be very hard to find anything equivalent!
I enjoyed my stay in Segire's wonderful little house. A true gem in the middle of busy Paris.
This host has 28 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Segire
General groceries just at the corner!Quai de Jemmapes Paris IDF 75010
lunch only (or brunch on sunday) - everything is made homeRue Bichat Paris 75010
Gift and ideasRue Bichat Paris 75010
tea - cakes - saladsRue Bichat Paris 75010
the place to have your traditional morning coffee au comptoir or a full french breakfast : café crème, croissant ou tartine beurrée, orange presséeRue Bichat Paris IDF 75010
1h personal coaching (with club access) 90 eurosRue de la Grange aux Belles Paris IDF 75010
Alibaba cavernQuai de Jemmapes Paris 75010
restaurantQuai de Jemmapes Paris IDF 75010
JewelryRue de la Grange aux Belles Paris IDF 75010
cappuccino - scones - cakes - soup - sandwichesRue de la Grange aux Belles Paris IDF 75010
Jewelry - indépendant designerRue de la Grange aux Belles Paris 75010
dinner - lively atmosphereQuai de Jemmapes Paris 75010
tea time with kids - gift shopRue des Récollets Paris IDF 75010
Vintage clothes for kidsRue des Récollets 75010
veggie from brazil - ingredients you may never heard of before - lunch onlyRue des Vinaigriers Paris 75010
Comics book shopRue des Vinaigriers Paris 75010
Just at the corner!Rue Vinaigriers Paris 75010
book storeQuai Valmy Paris 75010
cakes cakes cakesRue des Vinaigriers Paris IDF 75010
crepes - french pancakesRue de Lancry Paris IDF 75010
wine bar and traditional foodRue de Lancry Paris Ile-de-France 75010
Crepes (french pancake) - To GoQuai de Valmy Paris 75010
Nice square, on the way to the cheese shop and the butcher...Rue Juliette Dodu Paris IDF 75010
Beautiful and unexpected industrial place Bar - Brunch on sundays - Associative eventsQuai de Jemmapes Paris Île-de-France 75010
CheeseRue de la Grange aux Belles Paris IDF 75010
Beautiful architectureRue Bichat Paris Ile-de-France 75010
Italian delicatessenRue de Lancry Paris IDF 75010
single menuRue Marie et Louise Paris IDF 75010
ButcherRue de la Grange aux Belles Paris IDF 75010
All fresh fruits and vegetablesRue de Lancry Paris 75010
Best bakerie everRue Yves Toudic Paris 75010
General groceryRue de Marseille Paris Île-de-France 75010
CheeseRue de Lancry Paris IDF 75010
Second hand shop - woman clothes and accessoriesRue Beaurepaire Paris IDF 75010
Trendy kids clothesRue Yves Toudic Paris IDF 75010
breakfast - brunch - smoothie - bagelsQuai de Valmy Paris 75010
Very nice tiny street with many workshop of independent designers. Ends up on Place Sainte-marthe, very nice square with coffee shops with terracesRue Sainte-Marthe Paris IDF 75010
One coffee shop/ restaurant above many along this street (I would rather stop for a coffee but maybe not for a meal)Rue Sainte-Marthe Paris Île-de-France 75010
CocktailsRue du Château d'Eau Paris Île-de-France 75010
4 STARSAvenue Parmentier Paris Île-de-France 75010
**** 4 STARS ****Avenue Parmentier Paris 75011
Wine barAvenue Parmentier Paris Île-de-France 75011
VeggeRue Pierre Levée Paris 75011
fine kitchenRue de la Pierre Levée Paris IDF 75011
Movies theaterQuai de la Loire Paris 75019
Movies theatreQuai de la Seine Paris Île-de-France 75019
Oldest market place in Paris - Plus many restaurantsRue de Bretagne Paris 75003
Biological market - general groceryRue Beaubourg Paris 75003
Huge garden, beautiful view on Paris from the topAvenue Simon Bolivar Paris 75019
Design for kidsRue des Filles du Calvaire Paris IDF 75003
Kids clothes, bedding, gift and books... and hair dresser !boulevard des Filles du Calvaire Paris 75003
new kitchenRue du Nil Paris 75002
exceptional and unexpected scenographyrue des Archives Paris 75003
clothes - furnitures - house ware - gift - coffee lunchBoulevard Beaumarchais Paris Île-de-France 75003
Mansion - 18th century - one of the most beautiful in Le Marais area - exceptional temporary exhibition (art and history)Rue du Temple Paris Île-de-France 75003
gyozas only (japanese ravioli pasta stuffed with meat)Passage des Panoramas Paris Île-de-France 75002
View from top floorPlace Georges Pompidou Paris 75004
Beautiful garden and architectureParis IdF
PhotographyRue de Fourcy Paris Ile-de-France 75004
Palais Garnier last minute ticket : (website hidden)Pl. Jacques Rouché Paris IDF 75009
Amazing gothic chapel - concertBoulevard du Palais Paris Île-de-France 75001
Delicious meat and dessertsRue Richard Lenoir Paris 75011
Old cemeteryRue Repos Paris 75020
Egyptian, Antique sculpture galeriesParis 75001
Gardens, Carousels, Museums (Cité des sciences, Cité de la musique, Grande Halle), Book store, Concerts, Movies (Imax, 3D)...Paris 93300
PhotographyPlace de la Concorde Paris IDF 75008
Beautiful hammam - tea and restaurantPlace du Puits de l'Ermite Paris IDF 75005
Museum (Science and Nature), Zoo, Garden, CarouselRue Geoffroy-Saint-Hilaire Paris Île-de-France 75005
Mansion - as alive in 1910-14Rue Monceau Paris 75008
Mansion - end of 19th centuryBoulevard Haussmann Paris 75008