150 feet from the trendy "canal Saint-Martin", in the heart of Paris...
"little house in paris" is in our courtyard, hidden at the end of a private alley...
Seated on the terrace, overlooking at our rose, bamboo and orange trees, you'll feel peaceful and relax as if staying in french countryside, while you'll stay right in the center of the city!
The house has been fully renovated in 2012.
* Sleeps comfortably 2 people (new queen size mattress)
* Terrace, with a view on our private courtyard
* Bathroom with japanese style bath
* Fully equipped kitchen, with washing machine
* Trendy and safe neighborhood
* 4 doors (with 2 secured code) between street and you
* Amazingly quiet though situated in a very central location
* High-Speed Internet (ADSL, WiFi) connection
Little house (27 sq meter) :
Living room with kitchen space (12 sq meter),
bed on the mezzanine (7 sq meter),
bathroom (2 sq meter)
and outside private little terrace (4 sq meter)
All the comfort of home :
* Living room with a club chair, a 2 seater sofa, a wardrobe and a chest of drawers
* Real mattress bed "queen size" on the mezzanine
* Fully equipped kitchen (fridge, toaster, kettle, microwave, vitro-cooker, eating utensils), washing machine, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, bedding and linen, towels. On request: vacuum ...
* Tea (MARIAGE Frères), herbal tea, coffee, sugar, mineral water, salt, pepper, olive oil, hand soap, laundry soap, detergent... and some other basics
Private access to the upper terrace.
Interaction with Guests
The little house is an annex of our home. Both have independent entrance, from the same courtyard. We respect your privacy, so we won't interact with you, unless you need us.
MONUMENTS-LEISURE close to the house
Near the center G. Pompidou (Beaubourg), the Halles, the P.Picasso Museum (the area Le Marais is at walking distance), the Parc de la Villette (Cité des Sciences, geode, Cité des enfants, Cité de la Musique, shows at the great Halle de la Villette ...), the Parc des Buttes Chaumont, the cemetery of Père Lachaise ...
A lot of design shops, bar and restaurant all in the area, very busy in the evenings and on weekends, a little typical food Sunday market at the corner… Walks, run or cruise (boat) along the Canal Saint-Martin, evening picnic along the canal or in the Square Villemin ...
LOCATION - ACCESSIBILITY
* 50m from the very trendy canal Saint-Martin
* 2min from a "Vélib' Station" (Public "Rent a bike")
* Conveniently accessible by public transportation: 3 very close underground (subway/tube) lines (5, 4 and 2), plus the main station Republique within 10 min walk (lines : 3, 5, 8, 9 and 11).
* Within walking distance from train stations :
Gare de l'Est (8 min) or Gare du Nord (17 min).
Other Things to Note
- High season : 170 euros/night - 1110 euros/week
MAY-JULY & SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER
End of year (Minimum stay : 6 nights)
Week-end (Minimum stay : 3 nights)
- Low season : -20% Off for week stay (760 euros/week)
JANUARY(from 5th), FEBRUARY
A FEW RULES
* Minimum stay is 3 nights. If you would like to stay less than three nights, the cost will still be the same as a three days stay: ask us.
* For long stays, it is best to ask us.
* Cleaning is done before your arrival but if you wish to have additional cleaning done for an extra charge, during your stay, please let us know.
* No smoking inside the little house, but you may smoke on the terrace
* No pets are allowed (but you may admire the cats of the neighborhood who also like birds)
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
* Standard arrival time is at 16.00 (4p.m.) onwards.
If you would like to come in earlier, please feel free to ask and we'll try to accommodate.
* Someone is always present at check-in to meet you, hand you the keys, explain to you how things work and answer any questions you may have.
* Departure is at 10.00 a.m. at the latest; so as to allow time for the cleaning person to clean and prepare the apartment for the next guest.
* If you wish to leave your luggage and pick it up before taking your train or flight back, please feel free to ask.
* We will ask you to send us a photocopy of your passport's identification page.
* We are asking a security deposit of 500 €. For term rentals longer than two weeks , we may require a higher deposit.
* The deposit will be used to pay for any damages which may be caused during your stay. In the event that the cost to repair such damages is higher than the security deposit you will be liable for the difference.
* We want you to relax and feel comfortable, so costs of minor accidents such as a broken drinking-glass will not be deducted and your deposit will be refunded in full, but we ask you to let us know if such little accidents do accur.
Maison charmante et très calme. Tout y est organisé au mieux compte tenu d'un espace réduit et on s'y sent à l'aise dès le 1er instant!
Nous avons été accueilli parfaitement. Un petit problème de fusible a été géré a distance sans aucun désagrément pour nous et la propriétaire a été très souple pour nous faciliter la vie le jour de notre départ.
La "petite maison" est un lieu insolite et exceptionnel de Paris, dans un quartier agréable et populaire tout en étant très bien situé (canal St-Martin, à deux pas de la Gare de l'Est, proche de la Bastille et du Marais, etc.). Nous nous réjouissons d'y revenir!
Segire is a wonderful host, and the little house itself is wonderful and very special. The flat is very small, as expected, but the layout is very good and everything is very high quality. The quality is much better than one generally expects at other AirBNB places or even most hotels. For example, not all the furnishings are IKEA, but rather a mixture of well chosen design pieces and antiques...you can tell that Segire and Louis cared about how they furnished the space and did not simply buy the cheapest acceptable goods to fill the space.
The location itself is ideal, with a number of excellent restaurants and cafes in the area and a beautiful canal to walk down. It is not that near to transport, but within 5-15 minutes walk you can get to a few different major stations (Gare du Nord, Gare de l'est, Republique etc). The house itself is secluded in a private courtyard that blocks out much of the noise and bustle of the city...a local friend of mine came for a visit and she was really surprised by how nice it was as well!
As hosts, Segire and Louis were wonderful. They are very friendly and helpful, and seemed to be available when needed, yet for the rest of the time the place felt very private. The pickup and handover of keys was very simple and easy, and I did not find it difficult to find. The entry into the space is behind three gates, so it is a bit complicated, but very easy to deal with once you have the keys.
I will definitely book the place again if it is available when I am next in Paris. For a solo traveler or couple, it seems like it would be very hard to find anything equivalent!
I enjoyed my stay in Segire's wonderful little house. A true gem in the middle of busy Paris.
Vi havde fået god information om området og transporten dertil inden ankomst, så ankomsten var smertefri. "Det lille Hus" var både rent og hyggeligt, og ligger helt ugenert inde i et gårdrum. Hele tiden forud og under opholdet var Segire opmærksom på, om alt var ok for os. Selvom hun bor lige ved siden af, fik vi lov (email hidden) os selv, hvad der, alt efter temperament, er rart. Det lille Hus ligger rigtig godt lige ved Canal Saint-Martin og har rigtig gode indkøbsmuligheder lige ved. Og rigtig mange gode spisesteder, der både er hyggelige og absolut rimelige i pris.
We had a lovely stay at Segire's place. It was just as she described. It feels like a real bnb in the heart of Paris. She was very easy to communicate with and our entire stay was incredibly smooth. I highly recommend this host.
segire was very accomodating and flexible to our changing needs. we had a lovely stay around canal st Martin. thanks
This host has 19 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews