About This Listing
Our 1 bedroom in-law apartment is fully furnished and has a cozy-welcoming feel of home away from home! It comfortably fits 2 and it's centrally located on a quiet street just 3 blocks from restaurants and shops. Easy access to public transit and free street parking.
This private fully furnished one bedroom in-law apartment is located next to the Golden Gate Park in the Sunset District. Sleeps two comfortably and has a true coastal town feeling! Comes with all the modern amenities you'll need. It is perfect for exploring San Francisco from or a place to rest your tired body after a convention downtown! The neighborhood is safe, quiet, and has amazing corridors of restaurants, shops, parks, museums, and public transportation. The apartment comes with a private kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, living room, and is fully furnished.
Some amenities include: complimentary continental breakfast, coffee maker - fresh ground coffee and teas, private entrance, free WIFI high-speed Internet, tv & 50+ dvd, access to backyard, on premise washer and dryer, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, fresh towels, fully ready to use apartment, easy to find street parking, and walking distance to public transportation and location sightseeing destinations. If you can't walk it you can definitely bus or street car it!
The bedroom is furnished with a queen size bed, 600 threads lining, pillows, comforter, night stand, chairs, floor lamp, console, and a window looking out to the backyard garden.
Kitchen comes with a microwave oven, stove, sink, pots and pans, bowls, plates, cups and glasses, utensils coffee maker, toaster, table for two, full size refrigerator, and come stocked with your basic needs: water, breakfast stuff, snacks, spices, teas and coffee. The wine and other goodies are also complimentary!
The bathroom is modern yet comfy and comes with a full size shower/bath tub, wash basin, toilet, hairdryer and fresh towels. It is also stocked with forgotten toiletry ready for you to immediately feel at home. It is clean and comfortable for your freshening up before and after your long day of sightseeing.
The living room has an LED TV and a generous selection of dvds, a love-seat sofa, coffee table, lamp, and variety books for reading. Has large windows looking out to the backyard garden. Perfect for morning yoga or a place to relax after a busy day of exploring SF.
Nearby local attractions include: the Golden Gate Park, Ocean Beach, California Academy of Science, Japanese Tea Garden, De Young Museum, Conservatory of Flowers, and more.
Like culinary adventures? Pho' to Hong Kong Style BBQ, Dim Sum to Sushi, you will never go hungry in this neighborhood!
You can have concierge service from someone with over 26 years experience of the area’s sites, history, restaurants, and activities/special events. Need help finding interesting places to see and restaurants to try? I'll be happy to help customize your sightseeing itinerary for your next visit to SF!
Live like the locals and really experience San Francisco!!!
Guest will have a fully furnished in-law apartment with private bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room and access to washer/dryer, backyard, and easy street parking.
Interaction with Guests
Total privacy and perfect for singles and couples. During check in, we meet for a walk-through of the apartment. I answer questions, give sightseeing ideas and hand over keys. The day after check in, I usually check in with my guests by text or email to see how they are doing and if the guest has any questions.
Located near the Golden Gate Park and Ocean Beach, this neighborhood is a hidden gem for travelers interested in visiting parks, beaches and museums. Another perk is that there are several corridors of restaurant strips all within walking distance from the location.
Centrally located with bus lines and public rails nearby. Just 2 blocks from the N-Judah MUNI that will take you through the Castro as well as to downtown SF.
Other Things to Note
There are two dogs living in the upstairs flat so please note that there are pets in the building.
1) The rental period begins on the day of arrival and terminates on the day of departure, unless prior arrangements have been made;
2) No smoking and no candle burning in the premises. You can smoke in the backyard at the patio table, away from the house and windows or in front of the house away from the door and windows;
3) People other than those registered as guest(s) set forth may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person visiting in the property is the sole responsibility of the registered guest(s);
4) The hosts/owners are NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur while on the premises. The home-owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest(s). By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise;
5) Keep the property, appliances and all furnishings in good order. Only use appliances and furnishings for their intended purposes;
6) To conserve water usage, guests may use laundry machines for maximum of "three" loads max. per week stay -- "two" loads per week if it is a single occupancy;
7) Parking on the road/street is free of charge. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner;
8) There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the vacation rental, daily maid service is not included in the rental fee. You will be charged if you remove towels or other items from site;
9) Please do not flush anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages;
10) Any damage or cleaning issues noticed upon arrival should be reported to the owner immediately. If damage or cleaning issues are not reported within 1 hours of your arrival, you will be held responsible for them at check-out. All general maintenance issues should also be reported immediately so that the unit can be kept in good condition for you and future guests;
11) Any tenant who is found using illegal drugs or smoke or allows others to use drugs or smoke on premises will be immediately denied continued occupancy at these premises;
12) No partying allowed in the house- any violators will be immediately denied continued occupancy;
13) Guests and/or their guests shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or inconvenience neighbors, nor use the premises for any immoral or unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the premises;
14) Guest agrees that during the term of this agreement and such further time as he/she occupies the premises, he/she will keep the rental clean and free of trash, garbage, and other waste; and all pipes, wires, glass, plumbing and other equipment and fixtures in the same condition as at the beginning of, or may put in during the term of the agreement, reasonable wear and tear are the only exception;
15) Any tenant who violates any of the terms of this Agreement shall be immediately denied occupancy and shall remedy any damages or other expenses, which are caused by the tenant and/or the tenant's guest(s);
16) Quiet hours are defined as hours from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM on weekdays and from 11:00 PM to 9:00 AM on weekends. No loud noises that could disturb the neighbors from quiet enjoyment of their homes are allowed during these time. Violators will be denied continued occupancy.
Thank you ~
From Mar 1 - May 31, 2015 the minimum stay is 3 nights.
Vi was an excellent host and definitely made my girlfriend and I feel very welcomed during our stay! Vi ensured that we felt at home by walking us through the apartment, providing a personal sight-seeing guide of SF, and pre-stocking the apartment with coffee, tea, fruits, yogurts, milk, juice etc.
During our stay, Vi checked in with us and made sure that our visit was off to a great start along with providing any additional guidance we needed. Coming and going from the apartment was a breeze with our rental car, as parking was never more than a half-block away.
When our trip was finally coming to an end, we were sad to leave Vi's - he and his place had definitely succeeded in making us feel at home during the entirety of our stay. We both would definitely recommend Vi's apartment to anyone looking to visit (and stay in a quiet neighborhood) San Francisco, and we hope to return sometime in the near future!
Vi made everything easy about contacting him before and during our stay. He was available on our schedule for check-in. He was warm and very welcoming, friendly and personble. The apartment was nicely furnished and had pleasing art on the walls. The kitchen was extremely well-stocked with everything needed for breakfast, snacks and more, including a lovely fruit basket and wine. The backyard garden, which we could see from the living room, was resplendent with gorgeous blossoming plants. We've been coming to San Francisco several times a year and this was the nicest SF vacation rental we've stayed at by far. We will definitely book it if available for our future stays.
My boyfriend and I stayed at Vi's place for 5 days and it was awesome! Walking in we felt so welcomed. Vi gave us a tour of the place, explained where everything was and then went over top sightseeing tips. The stuff he told us about was so good! It made us change some of our plans just so we were able to do them. He left us a list of restaurants also that were close by that were his favourite along with what he recommends to order at that place. We tried 2 of them and they were both fantastic. Vi checked in with us throughout the week to see how our stay was going and at the same time gave us more details of what to see and where to go.
His place is extremely clean and smelt great. He had breakfast items ready for us which was so lovely and made mornings so easy and relaxed.
We drove down from Canada and had heard parking was bad in SF but that was not the case at Vi's. We were able to park right outside of his house on the street for free for the week. He is super close to transit which made it so easy to get to places.
I would stay at Vi's place in a heartbeat again and highly recommend his place to anyone. Such a great experience!
My boyfriend and I had a great time staying here! It was a clean and lovely space, very spacious, and very comfortable. "Cozy" is definitely the right word! Location is great; it is a 2-minute walk to the N line, which will take you into downtown within about 20 minutes. It is also within a 5-minute walk from a ton of Asian restaurants and Golden Gate Park, which is beautiful and has enough activities to take a whole day. We had no trouble finding street parking.
Vi is very welcoming and went above and beyond to help us feel at home. He took time to chat with us and give us pointers about food and activities and the kitchen was fully stocked with snacks, breakfast essentials, drinks, and coffee and tea!
We would love to stay here again! We highly recommend it.
Vi made us feel very welcome. He was super helpful and paid attention to details that really enhanced our extended weekend stay. The fridge was stocked with breakfast options. The table had fresh flowers. There were even bottles of wine and champagne. The place was clean, convenient, and a great location. You could even see the Golden Gate from the front door. We would stay here again.
This is the 5th time I have arranged a stay in Vi's wonderful Sunset neighborhood studio for an artist friend of mine who travels to SF a few times a year to teach. Vi couldn't be nice or more accommodating for my friend. Vi's Studio is very close to public transportation [N-Judah + many other Muni routes]; close to GG Park, Ocean Beach and all the wonderful things San Francisco as to offer. Vi has lots of tourist and restaurant suggestions to make your stay in the Bay lovely. My friend will be coming back to San Fran this summer and of course Vi's studio will be our first choice. If you do have a car on your trip to SF be advised that parking in SF is a challenge but have no fear Vi can give you suggestions on how to navigate that too !
About the Host, Vi
I'm a native San Franciscan who really enjoy hosting and meeting new people. I like to know more about the different cultures the world has to offer and by hosting on Airbnb, I get to experience this without having to travel to all these interesting places! My favorite vacation spot is Hawaii and one day I want to live in Indonesia. For now, SF will always be where my heart is. I really love dining out at Vietnamese, Chinese and Thai restaurants around the Sunset area so being here affords me this diversity of culinary choices. If you need a recommendation for where to get the best Pho in town, I'm the right guy to talk to. Authentic Thai food without being in Thailand? Ask me!
I've stayed at hotels enough times to know what I like and what I don't. With this first hand experience, I hope to provide you the best possible stay for a reasonable price that won't make you cry.
Looking forward to meeting and providing you with a comfortable and private "home-away from home" in this gorgeous City while you are here for either business or pleasure!
Authentic Chinese food and ambiance! Kat, the owner is always there to greet her customers to ensure they are welcomed and cared for. Her food is delicious and reasonably priced. Go early or wait!
Great traditional Chinese BBQ. Get ready for awesome BBQ chickens, roasted ducks and pork, soy sauce chicken, amazing won ton noodle soups and many other delicious items. Huge take out section also.
- Walking distance
- Authentic Thai food
- Reasonable prices
You can get quick seating to satisfy your Vietnamese food craving. Perfect for amazing soups and cold noodle dishes. Try the fried shrimp cake! They also supported Homesharing in SF!
Great Vietnamese Restaurant for pho noodle soup and other well known dishes. I highly recommend the chicken curry noodle soup. It's like drinking lava but you'll live to tell about it!
It's a bar / restaurant. Great place to watch a game, shoot pool, and have a beer and fish taco.