About this listing
About the property
1. A private Suite within a British Heritage Bungalow (over 100 years old) with a large beautiful garden and verandah.
2. Provided are four poster bed, wardrobe, lounge room and study desk.
3. The room has an attached toilet and bathroom
4. The lounge is en-suite and opens to the Verandah and garden.
5. Wake up to the sound of birds in the morning!
WiFi (Upon request)
Attractions and distance
1. Centrally located in Colombo close to department store, shops, supermarkets, transportation, cafe's and restaurants.
2. Also walking distance to one of the largest parks in the city, the National Arts Centre, the National Museum.
3. Close to Fort railway station (10 minutes by taxi)
4. Close to the Galle Face beach (10 minutes by taxi)
5. Close to immigration offices, hospitals and University of Colombo and major international schools
Location – neighborhood description
1. There is air service to and from Colombo, provided by the national airline Sri Lankan Airlines.
2. Flights are available from origins throughout Europe, United States, Southeast Asia, Australia, China, Japan, the Middle East, India, and Pakistan. Other airlines, include Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Etihad and Emirates.
3. Sri Lanka's only international airport, Bandaranaike International, is at Katunayake, close to Negombo, on the coast north of Colombo. The journey to Colombo will take about an hour by taxi.
1. Trains operate from Bandaranaike International Airport to Fort, Colombo.
2. Trains run only once a day and at different schedules on each day of the week.
To a large verandah overlooking the garden.
Interaction with Guests
We are available most of the time and always easy to reach.
It is safe and near to a beautiful park. Coffee shops and many food outlets as well as department stores are nearby. Can walk to many places, or by a three-wheeler it will take just five minutes.
Mostly in a Tuk-tuk(a three wheeler). There are plenty on the road.
Can also walk to the park or to grab a bite.
* No Smoking Inside the Room
* Switch of lights and fan when not in use
* General Cleanliness
* No outside cooked food allowed
Zima and Simon are the kind of hosts airbnb had envisioned for the success of their website. We were made welcome in their house, we were treated much like friends. The house is lovely, clean, comfortable, perfect place to unwind, centrally located with some of the best Colombo restaurants in the neighborhood. We went to Upalis based on Simon's recommendation, the food was amazing, we even got to meet Slinga Malinga. We enjoyed the lovely breakfast of fresh fruits, bread and eggs every morning. Our son hit it off very well with their kids and he was treated much like family.
Lovely family and home and grounds. Steps to the park. I was fortunate to get to breakfast with the family on my second day before heading off to a vipassana.
Zima and Simon are great hosts, so welcoming and took such good care of me that I felt that I was part of the family
Their place is amazing so beautiful and so quiet and also convenient in Colombo
I warmly recommend them!
Thanks a lot!
We had a really great time at zima and simon place. It was fantastic to have an oasis in the "lively" Colombo. Once in the house, the suite was perfect (with AC and fan) and the terrass very cool to have breakfast.
Zima and Simon were lovely hosts. They took care of everything I needed. It's a beautiful house with a big porch an a great garden.
About the Host, Zima
Hi there, my name is Zima.
I am a stay at home mother of three lovely children. We like outings, eating out, walking, parks, travel and mostly chill out in our own home. We love cooking and as you know there is nothing like a home cooked delicious meal. We are always occupied and we enjoy every moment of it.
We look forward to having you here.