About the property
1. A private Suite within a British Heritage Bungalow (over 100 years old) with a large beautiful garden and verandah.
2. Provided are four poster bed, wardrobe, lounge room and study desk.
3. The room has an attached toilet and bathroom
4. The lounge is en-suite and opens to the Verandah and garden.
5. Wake up to the sound of birds in the morning!
Air-Conditioning (extra charges apply)
Attractions and distance
1. Centrally located in Colombo close to department store, shops, supermarkets, transportation, cafe's and restaurants.
2. Also walking distance to one of the largest parks in the city, the National Arts Centre, the National Museum.
3. Close to Fort railway station (10 minutes by taxi)
4. Close to the Galle Face beach (10 minutes by taxi)
5. Close to immigration offices, hospitals and University of Colombo and major international schools
Location – neighborhood description
1. There is air service to and from Colombo, provided by the national airline Sri Lankan Airlines.
2. Flights are available from origins throughout Europe, United States, Southeast Asia, Australia, China, Japan, the Middle East, India, and Pakistan. Other airlines, include Malaysia Airlines, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Etihad and Emirates.
3. Sri Lanka's only international airport, Bandaranaike International, is at Katunayake, close to Negombo, on the coast north of Colombo. The journey to Colombo will take about an hour by taxi.
1. Trains operate from Bandaranaike International Airport to Fort, Colombo.
2. Trains run only once a day and at different schedules on each day of the week.
To a large verandah overlooking the garden.
We are available most of the time and always easy to reach.
It is safe and near to a beautiful park. Coffee shops and many food outlets as well as department stores are nearby. Can walk to many places, or by a three-wheeler it will take just five minutes.
Mostly in a Tuk-tuk(a three wheeler). There are plenty on the road.
Can also walk to the park or to grab a bite.
What a wonderful place! A beautiful garden and a dream house. The perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of Colombo. The veranda, a spacious sitting room, a comfortable sleeping room and a bathroom. This apartment has it all. Complete with kind and friendly hosts.
The location is very central. The Odel department store is only a few minutes walk. Around the corner is the nice Milk & Honey cafe.
The perfect place to stay our last 2 nights in Sri Lanka.
Wow what a beauty of a house was this!! The stay was so nice, Zima her husband and 3 kids are so wonderfull and don't forget her helper who makes the perfect breakfast in the morning! It's located in colombo7 (the rich part of colombo!) very quiet street with a park, shopping center and restaurant in a 5 min. Walk!! If you stay there try restaurant sultanh!! You will love it!! Overall great stay wished i could stay longer
Zima and Simon are wonderful, friendly hosts and the suite is beautiful and in an extremely central location. Highly recommended for anyone spending time in Colombo - whether on a work trip - or holiday.
It was a pleasure to stay with Zima and her family. We enjoyed the great accommodation and especially the terrace and garden to relax. Besides we would recommend the delicious breakfast.
Ended up extending my stay almost a month. It was wonderful place to stay. Excellent location; a park just down the road for walking/running in the morning, beautiful gardens, a delight.
This is definitely a place I will return to and recommend to others.
We had a wonderful time at this place - its a great location to escape the tangle of Colombo, because its located in the quiet area of Colombo 7 (Cinnamon Gardens) and not only the garden is really beautiful. You'll get a lovely bedroom and a spacious living room, both are furnished with love for the detail. In addition, there is a homely and shadely veranda to use. Just look at the pictures - in reality its even more beautiful...
But what makes the place unique is the heartiness of the young hosts Zima and Simon. We felt very welcome and in good hands, and liked the good chats on the veranda. Both gave useful tips where to find good restaurants or spots for shopping. If you can, take your breakfast here, it was one of the best in our month long trip through Sri Lanka. And the passion fruit juice...a dream!
If you're looking for a good start (or a calm end) of your travels in Sri Lanka, Zima's and Simon's place is warmly recommended to you.
Enjoyed a peaceful 2 days at the villa away from chaotic Colombo.
The Villa is central to everything and our hosts were excellent ,
Thanks Mal & Jenny
we had a great stay! although we didn t meet zima, lenin took good care of us and made our stay very pleasant! its nice to have a big garden like that to take that delicious breakfast!
It was a perfect night spent in the villa!!
As soon as you walk through the gates into this amazing property you feel miles away from the hustle & bustle of Colombo & yet it's all on your doorstep. The large bedroom & suite were spotless, tasteful & really comfortable. Zima & Simon made me feel very welcome. Zima & I even went out for a meal together & Simon sorted out my computer issues. A lovely family in a wonderful place. Definitely recommended!