Perfect apartment for exploring NYC's trendy downtown area.
Newly furnished and decorated in July 2012!!!
Stylish and comfortable 1BR apartment railroad-style with exposed brick walls in the trendy heart of Alphabet City in NYC's East Village. Located near Thompkins Square park on a safe tree-lined street with literally countless great bars, restaurants and unique shops only steps away. Conveniently located on elevated ground floor.
ABOUT THE APARTMENT:
• Spacious railroad layout
• Hardwood floors and marble tiles
• Southern exposure living room
• 32" widescreen LCD HDTV
• Orthopedic Queen-size bed
• Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
• Fully stocked kitchen with granite countertop
• Fold-out couch sleeps 2 additional guests
• Full gas range, microwave oven, dishwasher
• Jetted Spa Shower
• Full wooden closet
• Separate dressing area
• High-end fixtures and amenities
• Solid mahogany french glass doors
• Located on elevated ground floor
• Air-conditioned bedroom and living room
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
• Prime location in the East Village in walking distance to countless trendy restaurants, bars and boutiques, just blocks from the famous Thompkins Square Park and St. Marks Place
• The East Village is the prime area in the City for nightlife and is always bustling with people and activity
• Walking distance to the Lower East Side which is also great for restaurants and nightlife
• Immediate neighborhood has plenty of deli's and mom and pop shops to get whatever you may need
• Safe tree-lined street
• Delicious cafes and espresso bars
• Grocery Shopping (Whole Foods, delis, Organic Markets, etc...)
• Fashion Shopping (John Varvatos, Blue and Cream, Bbblessing, etc...)
• Tourist Attractions (Stomp, Blue Man Group, Filmore East Theater, PS 122 and many more)
• NYU, Cooper Square School
• Banks close by
• 3 min. to the L train which takes you along 14th St to Union Square, Chelsea and the Meatpacking district in minutes or into artsy Williamsburg across the East River
• 5 min to the 6, N and R train
• Taxis everywhere
• 3 min. to St Marks Place and Thompkins Square Park
• 5 min. to Astor Place
• 8 min. to the Lower East Side
• 8 min. to Union Square •10 min to The New Museum
• Lower East Side
• Gramercy Park
• Flatiron District
• West Village
ARRIVING FROM JFK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $45 plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $23
• NYAS Airport Express Bus to Port Authority $15, transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50.
ARRIVING FROM NEWARK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $84, plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $28
• Olympia Trail bus to Port Authority for $15 and transfer to the transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50
ARRIVING FROM LA GUARDIA AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $20 plus tip
• M60 Bus to Lexington Ave and 125th St, transfer to 4,5 express train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Avenue, $2.50.
No pets and no smoking please.
The apartment has nice energy and is very cozy. Please treat it respectfully as you would your own.
Feel free to ask me any additional questions.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||No Charge|
|Minimum Stay:||5 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1500 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$4600 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Good located, nice and cosy exactly like discribed on internet and in the pictures. We had a good feeling with Margaret and everything was perfect. We can recommend this host and this appartment.
The 'Stylish Nest in the East Village' is a ground-floor apartment wonderfully positioned close to Tompkins Square Park, and so many restaurants, cafés, convenience and other stores that are part of the vibrant Village scene. The apartment has been stylishly painted and simply furnished; high cielings help to achieve a spacious feel. It's well appointed for short or longer stays. The airconditioner, electric fans and wi-fi were particularly appreciated by this guest. Margaret responded to all questions and communication promptly and helpfully. Many thanks Margaret!
This place is really good, i`ve stayed there for a week with 2 more people and we all really liked it. It is clean, bright and has a excellente shower! The AC is great in the bedroom but doesn`t really cools the living room. Our stay there was excellent and I truly recommend it.
The location was amazing! We walk all around the city and the apartment is really comfortable! And it looks better than the pictures! Margaret made some changes before we arrived and they look very well! Oh! And the shower is the best and the wifi connection is really fast!! You will really enjoy this apartment and the incredible New York City!!
The appartement is really well located, in the middle of the village.
It's the best things. Because, unfortunatly, and for the first time after many experience with airbnb, we were a bit disappointed about the place.
Unfortunatly, it was not as clean as expect ( we have the visite of a cockroach once, and ok, it can happen in big citie but we also found a dead one under the sofa, and that we really did not appreciate. )
And also we were four people and the sofa was really uncomfortable .
It's was not as cosi as expected (almost no dishes, no (email hidden) but without baffle so we could not listen to the music) and very very hot with just one AC (not enough powerfull) in the bedroom.
So for the first time, my comment is not very good but we were expecting something better according to the announcement and for the price, even if it's very well located.
The good news is that i'm still in love with NYC and the Village.
(sorry for my english)
Great!!!! Both the place and the owner. The place was exactly as described: comfortable, clean and a lot of things nearby: kMart, Walgreens, restaurants, subway station, even Best buy!!!
It's perfect to combine a great vacation, I definitely recommend it. If you need to get some rest ,the place is quite and comfortable, and if you want to go out, you can choose from a lot of options around, or just walk a few blocks to get a subway or bus to someplace else.
No doubt it's a 5 stars!!
Margaret is a very caring person. She truly wants her guests to enjoy their stay. The neighborhood was quiet and had many cute and yummy restaurants close by. Margaret kept in touch with us to make sure that all of our needs were met. She is a great host!
Very good apartment, nice area and good price.
I arrived and got the keys. 0 problems. Margaret attended everything at phone without problems.
There is a little community garden near the apartment and there are lots of good cafes in the area.
What can we say, the only thing bad about our stay was we had to leave!!!! The apartment was a great location. Close to walk to the subway and some great cafe and restaurants right on our door step. The apartment was a great space, perfect for the three of us girls. It felt very homely, we loved the art work on the walks and being that it was Christmas time, we had our very own Christmas tree, so these little things made our stay extra special. The apartment was clean and tidy and had lots of clean fresh linen and towels.
While we did get the chance to meet Margaret in person, as she was away during our stay, she was a great host with fantastic knowledge about the area that she shared with us and she was always available and responded promptly to text messages and emails that we sent her.
I would highly recommend staying at Margaret's apartment and I hope one day to come back! We ❤️ NYC!!!
Great places close by that you can walk to that were our local favourite: Spina ltalian restaurant - amazing service and the food is fantastic! Westville - cool crowd with great food and wine. Thompkins Square Bagels - the best bagels in NYC!! We went for breakfast very morning....s(phone number hidden)good!!!! They make them on the premise.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.