About This Listing
Perfect apartment for exploring NYC's trendy downtown area.
Newly furnished and decorated in July 2012!!!
Stylish and comfortable 1BR apartment railroad-style with exposed brick walls in the trendy heart of Alphabet City in NYC's East Village. Located near Thompkins Square park on a safe tree-lined street with literally countless great bars, restaurants and unique shops only steps away. Conveniently located on elevated ground floor.
ABOUT THE APARTMENT:
• Spacious railroad layout
• Hardwood floors and marble tiles
• Southern exposure living room
• 32" widescreen LCD HDTV
• Orthopedic Queen-size bed
• Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
• Fully stocked kitchen with granite countertop
• Fold-out couch sleeps 2 additional guests
• Full gas range, microwave oven, dishwasher
• Jetted Spa Shower
• Full wooden closet
• Separate dressing area
• High-end fixtures and amenities
• Solid mahogany french glass doors
• Located on elevated ground floor
• Air-conditioned bedroom and living room
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
• Prime location in the East Village in walking distance to countless trendy restaurants, bars and boutiques, just blocks from the famous Thompkins Square Park and St. Marks Place
• The East Village is the prime area in the City for nightlife and is always bustling with people and activity
• Walking distance to the Lower East Side which is also great for restaurants and nightlife
• Immediate neighborhood has plenty of deli's and mom and pop shops to get whatever you may need
• Safe tree-lined street
• Delicious cafes and espresso bars
• Grocery Shopping (Whole Foods, delis, Organic Markets, etc...)
• Fashion Shopping (John Varvatos, Blue and Cream, Bbblessing, etc...)
• Tourist Attractions (Stomp, Blue Man Group, Filmore East Theater, PS 122 and many more)
• NYU, Cooper Square School
• Banks close by
• 3 min. to the L train which takes you along 14th St to Union Square, Chelsea and the Meatpacking district in minutes or into artsy Williamsburg across the East River
• 5 min to the 6, N and R train
• Taxis everywhere
• 3 min. to St Marks Place and Thompkins Square Park
• 5 min. to Astor Place
• 8 min. to the Lower East Side
• 8 min. to Union Square •10 min to The New Museum
• Lower East Side
• Gramercy Park
• Flatiron District
• West Village
ARRIVING FROM JFK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $45 plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $23
• NYAS Airport Express Bus to Port Authority $15, transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50.
ARRIVING FROM NEWARK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $84, plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $28
• Olympia Trail bus to Port Authority for $15 and transfer to the transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50
ARRIVING FROM LA GUARDIA AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $20 plus tip
• M60 Bus to Lexington Ave and 125th St, transfer to 4,5 express train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Avenue, $2.50.
No pets and no smoking please.
The apartment has nice energy and is very cozy. Please treat it respectfully as you would your own.
Feel free to ask me any additional questions.
No pets and no smoking. Please be respectful to the neighbors. Please make sure that you always lock the apartment door by key when you leave. Also please turn the a/c, the fan and lights off when you go out as it would cause unnecessary energy consumption.
Great little apartment, I stayed 6 nights while in NYC for work. I absolutely loved the location - loads to find nearby in terms of cafes/restaurants/boutique shops/vintage shops, all in the surrounding East Village and also easy enough to get the subway up or downtown. Accessing the apartment was fine, I was met directly there and everything explained clearly to me. I also had a last minute change of plans which meant I needed somewhere to leave my luggage for my last day in NYC - Margaret very kindly let me do this at no extra charge as there was no new guests coming in that day. Wifi works really well, kitchen equipped enough for basic cooking and nice and clean. Highly recommend staying here either as a base for a vacation or if you're in NYC for work.
L'appartement de Margaret est situé dans une zone extra tout est à porté. J'ai adoré le quartier et ses commerces. Margaret et Bojan sont très arrangeant et de bon conseil. L'appartement en lui même est comme sur les photos le seul bémol sont les poubelles trop proches des fenêtre (aucune odeur cependant) et le chauffage non réglable qui fait passer des nuits un peu chaude. Dans l'ensemble c'est un très bon souvenir.
We were very happy with our stay at Margaret's apartment. Exactly as described with fully equipped kitchen, all clean and cosy. We liked the supplied toiletry as well as the fact that basic cooking ingredients (salt, oil, etc) were there, that we otherwise would have had to bring with us.
Margaret was very accommodating regarding our delayed arrival and her friend welcomed us and showed us around. Also upon leaving we could trust in Margaret's flexibility to allow check-out during the day.
The apartment is easy to reach, bus stop just 2 min away and not far to walk to subway "L". Esplanade for jogging along the East River Esplanade only a few blocks away. Countless possibilities for dining; supermarket nearby. Interesting surroundings in an upcoming neighborhood!
When coming back to NYC we will definitely consider this place again!
Margaret was very considerate and thoughtful around arranging my arrival. Her apartment is really great, if you don't mind the railroad car layout, walking through the bedroom to go to the bathroom (if you have guests staying in the living room). It is very clean, uncluttered and modern. Plenty of towels, lots of closet space, a full kitchen with dishwasher! The apartment is on the ground floor on the front of the building, so you do hear people coming in and out at the entrance and people talking as they walk by the front window. It's New York City, so really what you would expect! Most importantly for me, Margaret only uses natural products for cleaning and washing, so the apartment is chemical free, which is mandatory for me. I stayed for almost two weeks and used a laundry mat around the corner that was super clean and nice. I would definitely stay there again!
We had a very good experience in NYC, the place is as described, nicely decorated, bright and cosy. It was freezing outside and the flat is very warm and sometimes too hot compared to the outside temperatures ;-) ! The area is great, close to restaurants, bars and metro station.
Thanks Margaret and Bajon !
I had a great experience here - the place is exactly as described - clean, bright and very nice decorated.
The location is terrific - walking distance from the EV night life scene, coffee shops and union square.
I would love to stay here once again in the future.
This host has 30 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Margaret
I enjoy hosting visitors who want to experience the city from the inside and giving them the experience of living like a real New Yorker.
I love photography, art galleries and traveling and events and I'm happy to share with you what the city has to offer.
I speak English, German and Italian.
The closest laundry and cleaner. The dryers arent the cleanest unfortunately. Otherwise its big and convenient.Ave B New York NY 10009
Best new speakeasy style bar. Well crafted cocktails!Avenue B New York NY 10009
Here is a great blog about the neighborhood with updated news and locations to visit: (website hidden)New York NY
Best coffee in the neighborhood.East 9th Street NY 10009
Great serbian restaurantAvenue C New York NY 10009
Great beer and German foodAvenue C New York NY 10009
Nearest supermarketEast 14th Street New York NY 10009
Great drinks and very friendly...East 3rd Street New York NY 10009
Best hidden Sake Bar in the city. Open until 3am. very underground feel.East 9th Street New York NY 10003-7530
Its a small place that serves the best vegetarian sushi. Amazing!!!!East 14th Street New York NY 10003
Excellent japanese restaurant. The quality is consistent for many years.E 9th St # B New York NY 10003-7531
Fun punk style store on St Marks Place. Very stylish and reasonably priced.St Marks Pl New York New York 10003