About this listing
The apartment is located in the heart of Alphabet city in the East Village of New York in a quiet street next to a garden and around the corner from countless downtown bars, clubs, restaurants, boutiques and cafes. A perfect spot to explore the city!
Perfect apartment for exploring NYC's trendy downtown area.
Stylish and comfortable 1BR apartment railroad-style with exposed brick walls in the trendy heart of Alphabet City in NYC's East Village. Located in a quiet, safe, tree lined street next to a community garden near Thompkins Square park with countless great bars, restaurants and unique shops only steps away. Conveniently located on elevated ground floor.
ABOUT THE APARTMENT:
• Spacious railroad layout
• Hardwood floors and marble tiles
• Southern exposure living room
• 32" widescreen LCD HDTV
• Orthopedic Queen-size bed
• Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
• Fully stocked kitchen with granite countertop
• Fold-out sleeper couch sleeps 1 additional guest
• Full gas range, microwave oven, dishwasher
• Jetted Spa Shower
• Full wooden closet
• Separate dressing area
• High-end fixtures and amenities
• Solid mahogany french glass doors
• Located on elevated ground floor
• Air-conditioned bedroom and living room
We only use organic and bio-degredable cleaning products.
• 5 min. to the L train which takes you along 14th St to Union Square, Chelsea and the Meatpacking district in minutes or into artsy Williamsburg across the East River
• 15 min to the 6, N and R train on Union Square
• Taxis everywhere
• 3 min. to St Marks Place and Thompkins Square Park
• 5 min. to Astor Place
• 8 min. to the Lower East Side
• 8 min. to Union Square •10 min to The New Museum
• 20 min to The Whitney Museum
•20 min to the High Line Park
• Lower East Side
• Gramercy Park
• Flatiron District
• West Village
ARRIVING FROM JFK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $45 plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $23
• NYAS Airport Express Bus to Port Authority $15, transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50.
ARRIVING FROM NEWARK AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $84, plus tip
• Super Shuttle, $28
• Olympia Trail bus to Port Authority for $15 and transfer to the transfer to the N or R train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Ave, $2.50
ARRIVING FROM LA GUARDIA AIRPORT
• Yellow cab, $20 plus tip
• M60 Bus to Lexington Ave and 125th St, transfer to 4,5 express train to Union Square, transfer to L train to 1st Avenue, $2.50.
No pets and no smoking please.
The apartment has nice energy and is very cozy. Please treat it respectfully as you would your own.
Feel free to ask me any additional questions.
You are staying in the entire apartment, which is on the elevated ground floor, 6 steps up from street level.
Interaction with guests
We will be reachable from morning to late evening via, phone, text, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) and email for any inquiries or help.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
• Prime location in the East Village in walking distance to countless trendy restaurants, bars and boutiques, just blocks from the famous Thompkins Square Park and St. Marks Place
• The East Village is the prime area in the City for nightlife and is always bustling with people and activity
• Walking distance to the Lower East Side which is also great for restaurants and nightlife
• Immediate neighborhood has plenty of deli's and mom and pop shops to get whatever you may need
• Safe tree-lined street
• Delicious cafes and espresso bars
• Grocery Shopping (Whole Foods 10 min away, 24 hour Delis on the next corners in all directions, Organic Markets 5 min away, Drugstores 5 min away...)
• Fashion Shopping (John Varvatos, Blue and Cream, Bbblessing, Pat Fields, Trash&Vaudeville, etc...)
• Tourist Attractions (Stomp, Blue Man Group, Filmore East Theater, PS 122 and many more)
• NYU, Cooper Square School
• Banks and Phone stores 10 minutes away
The closest subway is the 1st Avenue stop on the L train, which is 8 min walk away. There is also a bus stop on Ave C and 10th Street. Cabs are best to catch if not in front of the building, on the corner on Ave B.
Best is to buy a weekly metro card at any subway station. The vending machines take credit cards. Also a city pass can save some $$ on sightseeing, (URL HIDDEN)
No pets and no smoking. Please be respectful to the neighbors and do not party in the apartment. Please make sure that you always lock the apartment door by key when you leave. Also please turn the a/c, additional heaters, fans and lights off when you go out as it would cause unnecessary energy consumption.
From Feb 17 - Mar 17, 2017 the minimum stay is 1 night.
I enjoy hosting visitors who want to experience the city from the inside and giving them the experience of living like a real New Yorker.
I love photography, art galleries and traveling and events and I'm happy to share with you what the city has to offer.
I speak English, German and Italian.