Offering a private daylite basement with a private entrance...
Comfy Queen size bed, full bath with tub/shower, kitchenette including small fridge and microwave, coffeemaker, hot plate, private living room with couch and chaise has wi-fi, 42' TV with Netflix access via Roku (not hooked up to cable but we get some good channels with the digital antenna) with DVD's and new DVD player.
Location is an easy 5 miles to downtown Portland and also very convenient to Beaverton area. Easy walk to the bus stop, my sons do it each weekday to get to high school downtown. Having your own vehicle is easiest for sure.
Neighborhood is very safe and friendly, lots of walkers in the morning and evenings, close to public transportation as well but your own car can have use of one side of the driveway. Use of shared washer/dryer.
We're busy~busy so we'll probably do a meet and greet initially and then a friendly wave if we see you heading down to the apartment. We are generally up 6:30am and lights out at 10:pm. You'll hear us a bit upstairs as well as us you downstairs...we've had the best experiences with guests who are on similar work/school schedules. Kind of boring if you like to stay out late but it works for us :)
I'll text you when I need to pop down and do laundry but will try and do it while you're working or out discovering Portland.
This was written by an executive with AIRBNB who stayed here..."Everything about this listing was perfect for me: the location, the amenities and the host! She proactively communicated with me before the check-in day, stayed up late to greet me outside the listing, as my flight arrived late, and made sure I knew where everything was and went over check-out procedures as well. The listing had every toiletry and linen I needed, and good things I didn't expect, like homemade muffins, greek yogurts, juice and coffee. I came and went as I pleased and had complete privacy and anytime I had a question, she responded quickly to my text messages/emails. The neighborhood was so safe and it felt great to be able to run in the pre-dawn hours without hesitation, and it's close to the Pearl District. I definitely would stay there again!"
Hope to hear from you!
Tracy has a very nicely furnished and conveniently located apartment. The communication and hospitality was superb!! Couldn't have asked for anything else to feel right at home!! My stay was just a few nights and when the opportunity arises Tracy's apartment will be on the top of my list to revisit. Thank you Tracy for your generosity!
I never actually made it to Tracy's, the downside of arriving in the middle of the worst winter storm in 20 odd years. But I did want to take the time to tell everyone how wonderful Tracy was during the whole event. She was readily available, providing me with suggestions and alternatives, more than willing to work with me. Her early warning saved me from sleeping at the airport one night. I can't say enough about her attention to my safety and comfort.
She was delightful - and helpful - to work with. Even with 8" of snow, followed by 1/2" of ice, she made my visit much easier. Without reservation, I can say you won't be sorry to work with Tracy if you're visiting Portland.
Thanks again Tracy! Maybe next time!
One of the best Airbnb experiences I've had. Tracy has put a lot of thought into making her basement apartment a great place to stay in. It is stocked with clean towels, shampoo, an alarm clock, a coffee maker, etc. The private entrance is convenient. And Tracy herself is wonderful. I highly recommend.
Only 500 words?! I need more than that to fully describe how great this place is!
I stayed here for the entire month of July 2012. Here is my summary:
1. Location: Perfect. Super close to the International Rose Test Garden, Hoyt Arboretum, Washington Park, downtown Portland...everything. Super close to all major highways AND you are right off the highway that takes you to the northern coast--beautiful! Super close to shopping of all kinds. This is a GREAT location, especially if you are in Portland for the first time.
2. Living Area: It really is like an apartment...like, you might not mind living there...which I did, for a month. In addition to what is posted, here is what stands out in my memory: Modern décor, well appointed. Very roomy, lots of sunlight. Separate bedroom with large, very comfortable bed and large window. Full bathroom with storage, toiletries...comfortable, modern, and well-lit. Large living area with kitchenette--VERY useful! W/D in separate adjoining room! Views of Tracy's lovely, large backyard...several windows...views of her raspberry and blueberry bushes in her garden! Peaceful and quiet. Large trees; privacy. I spent several evenings just sitting in the back yard staring at the huge pine trees (hey, I'm from South Texas). This is a basement apartment, so it stays very cool in the summer, too! Very quiet, upscale, SAFE neighborhood...no worries here! The neighborhood itself is very pretty and well-maintained...located on the West Slope, so from certain places in the neighborhood, you have views of the sunset and mountains in the distance--NICE!
3. Tracy: Honestly, Tracy is a wonderful host and wonderful person! She is beyond nice, and is so friendly and easy-going. Any questions you may have--before or after your arrival--are promptly addressed. She continually ensures all is well in your area and is respectful of your privacy. She has a great sense of humor and is down-to-earth. All-in-all, you couldn't wish for more in a host!
1. I was coming from TX to OR for the first time, so had no idea about location, sharing a home in this way, etc. Tracy answered all of my questions promptly, fully, and honestly. Put me totally at ease.
2. I have a car, so I can't speak to the availability of public (email hidden)ough this IS Portland, so you can be sure it's plentiful.
3. I have since lived in this neighborhood, so you can be sure I know what I'm talking about here! :)
You can't go wrong staying here! Enjoy!
PS: I became so busy moving to and living in Portland, I forgot to write this review! Thus, this delayed posting is only reflective of my forgetfulness, not anything about my stay or the accommodations!
Tracy was quick to respond to messages and gracious when my flight was delayed and I arrived later than expected.
The apartment is huge, well provisioned and was a great space to live in while I worked in Beaverton. Beautiful yard to decompress in. Outside access allowed me to come and go without concern for interrupting her family time. Great spot!
The place was cozy and quiet and nicely appointed. The bed was really comfy and Tracy keeps a beautiful yard, complete with vines out the bedroom window. I could hear them walking around upstairs just a bit, which I appreciated because I liked knowing people were around but I didn't have to visit (I was at a training and had no energy left for socializing.) Tracy was lovely when I needed something - and otherwise let me be, which was perfect. The neighborhood was great - felt safe and homey.
Tracy was a wonderful host. The rental space is very nice. It is large and private. A great deal. I would definitely rent it again.
Tracy's been great to work with--easy-going, flexible, and as she says "no drama." She couldn't be more accommodating. The basement is light enough, plenty roomy, with a super comfy bed. It's been a great space for me--perfect, and I'll likely return.
It was a great place, good size for the money. Tracy
was very friendly--easy place to come and go. Only negative was that TV cable had not been connected as
advertized and the DVD player didn't work.
I can't think of enough superlatives to describe how welcomed and comfortable I was, staying at Tracy's lovely apartment. This incredibly charming private apartment is 5+ Stars. I arrived in the evening, and Tracy and her sons welcomed me with great warmth. The friendly teenage boys carried my bags down the lovely garden path to my own entrance in the back yard. What a joy to wake up to Tracy's amazing secret garden! With large windows on two sides, I could gaze out over my morning coffee before heading off to a busy day of work. Tracy has a real talent for decorating and she was born to be a BnB hostess! I love her shabby chic decor, and the separate bedroom was so comfortable, with lots of hangers and plenty of room for luggage. The bathroom had plenty of room for my toiletries to be laid out for quick morning grooming before jetting of to work. The kitchenette was perfect for easy take out meals (head to New Seasons in Beaverton). The spacious living room was perfect for unwinding after a long day of work. Loved the large screen TV and dish channels, and comfortable sofa and large coffee table!
I have stayed in four star hotels in Portland and always had small rooms and had to pay a lot for parking. This location is perfect for work in downtown and central to Beaverton and Lake Oswego. It could not have been more quiet, private, warm and wonderful!!! And darling Tracy parks her car out in the driveway, so her guest can park in her garage! That is so thoughtful!
I only regret sharing my thoughts, as it may make it hard for me to reserve days when I am working next in Portland. I'll have to book early! I know I will be taken care of and most comfortable!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.