Offering a private daylite basement with a private entrance...
Comfy Queen size bed, full bath with tub/shower, kitchenette including small fridge and microwave, coffeemaker, hot plate, private living room with couch and chaise has wi-fi, 42' TV with Netflix access via Roku (not hooked up to cable but we get some good channels with the digital antenna) with DVD's and new DVD player.
Location is an easy 5 miles to downtown Portland and also very convenient to Beaverton area. Easy walk to the bus stop, my sons do it each weekday to get to high school downtown. Having your own vehicle is easiest for sure.
Neighborhood is very safe and friendly, lots of walkers in the morning and evenings, close to public transportation as well but your own car can have use of one side of the driveway. Use of shared washer/dryer.
We're busy~busy so we'll probably do a meet and greet initially and then a friendly wave if we see you heading down to the apartment. We are generally up 6:30am and lights (email hidden). You'll hear us a bit upstairs as well as us you downstairs...we've had the best experiences with guests who are on similar work/school schedules. Kind of boring if you like to stay out late but it works for us :)
I'll text you when I need to pop down and do laundry but will try and do it while you're working or out discovering Portland.
This was written by an executive with AIRBNB who stayed here..."Everything about this listing was perfect for me: the location, the amenities and the host! She proactively communicated with me before the check-in day, stayed up late to greet me outside the listing, as my flight arrived late, and made sure I knew where everything was and went over check-out procedures as well. The listing had every toiletry and linen I needed, and good things I didn't expect, like homemade muffins, greek yogurts, juice and coffee. I came and went as I pleased and had complete privacy and anytime I had a question, she responded quickly to my text messages/emails. The neighborhood was so safe and it felt great to be able to run in the pre-dawn hours without hesitation, and it's close to the Pearl District. I definitely would stay there again!"
Hope to hear from you!
I never actually made it to Tracy's, the downside of arriving in the middle of the worst winter storm in 20 odd years. But I did want to take the time to tell everyone how wonderful Tracy was during the whole event. She was readily available, providing me with suggestions and alternatives, more than willing to work with me. Her early warning saved me from sleeping at the airport one night. I can't say enough about her attention to my safety and comfort.
She was delightful - and helpful - to work with. Even with 8" of snow, followed by 1/2" of ice, she made my visit much easier. Without reservation, I can say you won't be sorry to work with Tracy if you're visiting Portland.
Thanks again Tracy! Maybe next time!
I can't think of enough superlatives to describe how welcomed and comfortable I was, staying at Tracy's lovely apartment. This incredibly charming private apartment is 5+ Stars. I arrived in the evening, and Tracy and her sons welcomed me with great warmth. The friendly teenage boys carried my bags down the lovely garden path to my own entrance in the back yard. What a joy to wake up to Tracy's amazing secret garden! With large windows on two sides, I could gaze out over my morning coffee before heading off to a busy day of work. Tracy has a real talent for decorating and she was born to be a BnB hostess! I love her shabby chic decor, and the separate bedroom was so comfortable, with lots of hangers and plenty of room for luggage. The bathroom had plenty of room for my toiletries to be laid out for quick morning grooming before jetting of to work. The kitchenette was perfect for easy take out meals (head to New Seasons in Beaverton). The spacious living room was perfect for unwinding after a long day of work. Loved the large screen TV and dish channels, and comfortable sofa and large coffee table!
I have stayed in four star hotels in Portland and always had small rooms and had to pay a lot for parking. This location is perfect for work in downtown and central to Beaverton and Lake Oswego. It could not have been more quiet, private, warm and wonderful!!! And darling Tracy parks her car out in the driveway, so her guest can park in her garage! That is so thoughtful!
I only regret sharing my thoughts, as it may make it hard for me to reserve days when I am working next in Portland. I'll have to book early! I know I will be taken care of and most comfortable!
Tracy's place was great with tons of amenities for travelers: separate bedroom, comfy couch and chair, spacious bathroom with clean towels and toiletries, shared Netflix account, use of washer and dryer, hammock outside, internet, mini refrigerator, snacks, and fun books on the coffee table. The bus stop to go downtown (the 58 Beaverton bus) was about a 15 minute walk away (get off near the Plaid Pantry convenience store when you're coming back - don't get off at the 7500 block stop like (website hidden) maps suggests, especially at night!). I would recommend having a car, but you can use public transport pretty easily. The area is beautiful with tons of tress, and it's very quiet and peaceful. This was the perfect place for my first trip to Portland. Thanks, Tracy!
Wonderful hostess, wonderful location, wonderful amenities! I was in town to visit all of my favorite Portland spots for the weekend and Tracy's home was a perfect retreat. A super simple 10-minute drive into the hills west of downtown.
Tracy was warm and thoughtful - she let me park my car in the garage while she parked her car on the driveway. (I don't even have such luxuries at home!) The private guest basement looked out onto her garden filled with raspberries, strawberries, apples, and more. I loved wandering out there in the morning and picking fresh fruit. They didn't stay in my hand very long. :)
The kitchenette was well stocked with yogurt, beverages, fresh fruit, wholesome snacks, and chocolate. What a treat!
Tracy's hospitality and lovely retreat will bring me back again.
Tracy is a very nice hostess - caring about her guest's comfort, requirements, etc. She even allowed me to park my car in her garage. The apartment is spacious and quiet; safe neighborhood. Will need a car though if staying here - truly a suburban neighborhood; nothing within walking distance.
Wonderful location. Attentive, friendly and great hostess. Would highly recommend.
This place was fantastic and looks exactly like the pictures. It was a great find. Clean, modern, access to TV and kitchenette -- it's a great little apartment complete with a lovely garden right outside your door. Tracey was a fabulous hostess in every way. She made sure I was comfortable, had everything I needed and was very quick to respond via phone or text as required. She is also such a warm and friendly person, providing a very homey feeling while away from home.
I would highly recommend this apartment for women traveling alone and for people who want to spend some time outside in the back yard winding down or relaxing on the hammock. The wifi connection was great in the apartment and I was able to do all the work I needed very easily on my laptop and then head out into the city to enjoy the day. Access via the bus to downtown Portland and the local grocery store makes it easy to get around or grab what you need to stay in and enjoy dinner in.
I would definitely stay with Tracey again.
I can't say enough about how great this was for me. I only had one night as I was in town for my son's track event at a school nearby. Tracy was a gracious hostess and very helpful. The property itself was very cozy and clean and the bed was very comfortable. A totally unexpected light breakfast was provided and was so appreciated! I could hear walking above occasionally but it was reassuring since I was traveling alone.
All in all, I was very happy and will be back.
Thank you Tracy!
One of the best Airbnb experiences I've had. Tracy has put a lot of thought into making her basement apartment a great place to stay in. It is stocked with clean towels, shampoo, an alarm clock, a coffee maker, etc. The private entrance is convenient. And Tracy herself is wonderful. I highly recommend.
Only 500 words?! I need more than that to fully describe how great this place is!
I stayed here for the entire month of July 2012. Here is my summary:
1. Location: Perfect. Super close to the International Rose Test Garden, Hoyt Arboretum, Washington Park, downtown Portland...everything. Super close to all major highways AND you are right off the highway that takes you to the northern coast--beautiful! Super close to shopping of all kinds. This is a GREAT location, especially if you are in Portland for the first time.
2. Living Area: It really is like an apartment...like, you might not mind living there...which I did, for a month. In addition to what is posted, here is what stands out in my memory: Modern décor, well appointed. Very roomy, lots of sunlight. Separate bedroom with large, very comfortable bed and large window. Full bathroom with storage, toiletries...comfortable, modern, and well-lit. Large living area with kitchenette--VERY useful! W/D in separate adjoining room! Views of Tracy's lovely, large backyard...several windows...views of her raspberry and blueberry bushes in her garden! Peaceful and quiet. Large trees; privacy. I spent several evenings just sitting in the back yard staring at the huge pine trees (hey, I'm from South Texas). This is a basement apartment, so it stays very cool in the summer, too! Very quiet, upscale, SAFE neighborhood...no worries here! The neighborhood itself is very pretty and well-maintained...located on the West Slope, so from certain places in the neighborhood, you have views of the sunset and mountains in the distance--NICE!
3. Tracy: Honestly, Tracy is a wonderful host and wonderful person! She is beyond nice, and is so friendly and easy-going. Any questions you may have--before or after your arrival--are promptly addressed. She continually ensures all is well in your area and is respectful of your privacy. She has a great sense of humor and is down-to-earth. All-in-all, you couldn't wish for more in a host!
1. I was coming from TX to OR for the first time, so had no idea about location, sharing a home in this way, etc. Tracy answered all of my questions promptly, fully, and honestly. Put me totally at ease.
2. I have a car, so I can't speak to the availability of public (email hidden)ough this IS Portland, so you can be sure it's plentiful.
3. I have since lived in this neighborhood, so you can be sure I know what I'm talking about here! :)
You can't go wrong staying here! Enjoy!
PS: I became so busy moving to and living in Portland, I forgot to write this review! Thus, this delayed posting is only reflective of my forgetfulness, not anything about my stay or the accommodations!