Completely and beautifully furnished one bedroom located in the heart of Lakeview - 1151 W. Waveland
fully stocked kitchen
washer and dryer
bath towels and linens provided
all utilities set up and included in the rent: heat and air, cable, wireless high speed internet, electric, gas and water
new hardwood floors in the living room and new ceramic tile in the bedroom
Newly renovated kitchen and bathroom
New sleeper sofa
garage parking available for an extra fee
private gated back yard with gas grill and patio furniture
You will love this neighborhood! This building is walking distance to everything Chicago has to offer:
restaurants and bars
Lake Michigan and its beaches
the el train and buses
We look forward to meeting you and we always appreciate your business!
Not clean. The heating did not really work in the bedroom, which was drafty. Bathroom door did not close; toilet clogged up. This is clearly run by a property manager, who does not provide the type of personalized experience that makes Airbnb (typically) great. I would never stay here again. Only good enough if you're a sports fan dude who doesn't care about cleaningness and only cares about being near Wrigley field.
Host provided a quick response and was accessible by phone (call), text and email.
The location was great for our trip/needs. It seemed safe but all doors are left unlocked with keys kept outside the door so potential for entry is possible.
The apartment was not my idea of clean, and therefore not comfortable. But for a night's stay, and the location, it was fine. I would not stay beyond a night. I would not shower there, but I am picky.
Pictures make the apt. seem updated but it is quite old. While old has character, it must also be clean. Bring your own towels and sheets to put on the couch and chairs if you're concerned with cleanliness.
This place was cute and in a good location. However it only had the barest of amenities. There wasn't even any toilet paper. There were no spare blankets. Cooking really wasn't an option due to lack of utensils.
Excellent location. Right next to Wrigley Fields, easy walking to the red line CTA stop and the Clark Street 22 bus stops minutes away. Apartment was clean and comfortable and surprisingly quiet despite it close proximity to the bustle of the bars in wrigleyville. Short five minute walk to large supermarket on Southport and plenty of good places to eat. Recommend the Southport Grocery and Cafe for brunch and Cafe Tola for empanadas.
The Magnificent Mile is only 20 mins on the red line and the loop just a few stops further. Would stay here again without question.
This is the Second time we stayed here, one block from Wrigley Field and it is awesome!! JoAnne was great in letting us stay at a last minute request! We love this apartment and will stay again many times in the future!!
We gave our experience 4 stars. The location really is excellent; just around the corner from Wrigley Field. JoAnne was quick to answer questions and responded within minutes every time I needed to contact her. We never met in person, but check in and check out were very easy thru messaging on AirBnb. This was the first experience with this company for my husband and I, and we will definitely use it again. The apartment itself was adequate, bed was comfortable and clean, as well as the commonly used areas. Kitchen, bathroom, living area... Only yucky part was the amount of dust on some of the shelves in the bedroom, and on my side of the bed there were some significant cobwebs up in the corner. And the tile is coming up on the stairs and in the bedroom, so that might be a consideration to take if you're looking to stay here with younger kids. I think the price per night for this place is competitive for the area, however, it is still kind of high for the level of cleanliness and upkeep that it is currently in. Parking passes were great, lots of areas to park in, but if you want to be close to the building you're going to have to do some circling at night to be able to find a spot.
Clean, quiet and very convenient for our trip to Wrigleyville. Joanne and Steve are friendly and helpful!
We enjoyed some aspects of our stay in this apartment, others not so much.
1) The location is excellent -- next door to Wrigley and it's fun to be around the baseball game energy, a very lively neighborhood. I was able to run to the lakeshore for a jog in under ten minutes, it was magical to be so close to the water. The L stop was walkable and we felt very centrally located. Good restaurants around including Uncommon Ground which we really enjoyed.
2) The bed was nice and comfortable.
3) There was a lot of closet space and the back yard was nice to have, although rather overgrown and uncared for. The grill was great but it ran out of gas during the one time we used it.
4) There is speedy internet in the apartment, though it only works in the living room. Also there is a flatscreen TV, a plus.
5) The parking space was a garage right next to the apartment, this was convenient and was worth the $20/day charge.
1) Though JoAnne was very responsive to all of our questions during our stay, she did not respond to our urgent text after we left -- we had left our stroller behind. I called and texted her multiple times to find out how we could retrieve it (we had already driven 200+ miles when we discovered our mistake) whether by us paying for the FedEx or what have you, JoAnne never contacted me back. We ended up driving back the next day to get it, a full five hours added on to our trip, and were simply relieved that it was still in the hallway outside the apartment. We were disappointed that we were not considered important after the payment had gone through.
2) The apartment is "garden level" which means almost no natural light.
3) The entryway from the back is unkempt with old paint cans, etc, even though it is a common space it is unsightly as an entrance.
4) There is no recycling.
5) There are no hooks to hang your clothes or towels, we kept throwing them over chairs.
6) It is obvious this is not someone's "home" as there are only the most basic amenities provided.
7) As far as cleanliness, the bookshelves had dead bugs on top of them, and there were more dead bugs near the kitchen window. A minus.
8) The pull-out bed is one of those flimsy couch pull-outs, rather uncomfortable.
We would stay in the neighborhood again, but not at this apartment. We felt a bit "like a number" as I think they have several apartments they rent out. But it was fine enough and did the trick.
Three of us were in town for a show at the Metro and stayed a single night at Jo Anne's place. We all thought it was a great alternative to a hotel; the price is right, and the location is outstanding. The apartment is in pretty good condition; there are a few spots here and there that could use some attention, but it was clean and updated. I will echo another person's review and say that the fold out couch is not particularly comfy, but we made due after a late night out. They must have fixed the loud bathroom door, because it was fine for us. I would like to emphasize that Jo Anne was very good at staying in touch and answering the many questions I sent her way. She was very accommodating. I definitely recommend a stay here, especially considering hotel prices.
Less than half a block to Wrigley (even though I hate the Cubs)
Very close to public transportation
Onsite parking available
Clean and comfortable
Good value, especially with more than one person
On street parking is a nightmare
Door to shared laundry room in bedroom
Fold out couch isn't very comfortable
Not keyed the same throughout
Great location and great space! Everything we needed! Would def rent from JoAnne and Steve again!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.