About this listing
Located in New York’s Chinatown, on a narrow street next to popular local restaurants & hidden gems like Apotheke cocktail bar and Chinese Tuxedo, I have a bright loft-style live/work space, which I redesigned to suit my personal aesthetic. Aside from two small private bedrooms, there is an open living and kitchen area, with a big center table to eat, sit and work. The bathroom has natural light, a rain shower and a small customized vanity. The floors were painted white to reflect the light.
My place is a simple, calm retreat with a ficus tree, which helps feel calm and relaxed in the big city. Here are some details about your room, rental & neighborhood:
• Chinatown/ Soho border
• A few blocks from various subway lines (B, D, J, Z, N, Q, R, F, 4, 5, 6)
• Convenient Manhattan location. Close to plenty of exciting cafés, restaurants and galleries in Soho and Lower East Side
• For rent is one small but bright room with a full-size bed with upholstered headboard (sleeps 2), clothes rack, lamps, art, and a small mirror cabinet. There is a dresser for your folded clothes and socks just outside of the bedroom door as well as space to store your empty suitcase.
• Shared open space with large table for dining and mingling. Open kitchen with induction cook top, fridge and freezer. Bathroom with rain shower, custom made vanity and small window.
• It's a quiet, productive, and artistic environment. It's not a party pad. The places to party are just around the corner; don't bring the party home. No smoking. No drugs.
• Great for travelers, interns, students, or professionals temporarily in town for business.
• If you are staying for more than two weeks at a time, I will charge a security deposit, which is 35% of the daily rate, with a minimum of $500. The deposit will be returned upon inspection at check out, given that there are no damages to the property or anything belonging to the property.
A $40 cleaning fee per stay will be added upon placing your reservation. If your stay is 2 nights or less, please contact me about a possible fee reduction.
Accessible to you are your room, the living room and kitchen, as well as the bathroom. Please don't access my room and my walk in closet. Roof access is strictly forbidden by the land lord for both, second floor and fifth floor roofs!
Interaction with guests
I will always try to be present at arrival. If I am unable to be there, the keys will be deposited for you at an agreed upon location. I will send you a welcome note with arrival information upon booking. I ask that you be respectful of my neighbors by checking in and out quietly, especially with regards to the luggage. If you need help with carrying the luggage through the stairwell, please let me know. I will try to be there to help you.
Below is a list of things I request all of my guests to accept. Thank you!
• Be respectful of the apartment and me. The places to party are just around the corner; don't bring the party home.
• Be respectful to my neighbors by not making loud noise in the stairwell, especially during check-in and check-out. Please ask me for help if you think your luggage is too heavy to lift.
• Smoking is not permitted inside the apartment & building. You'll have to go to the street for smoking.
• Do not, under any circumstances, go on any of the building's roofs. The landlord has strictly forbidden roof access on second and fifth floor!
• No drugs
• If you use my kitchen for preparing meals, please clean up after you are finished.
• Please recycle as per instructions I will send in my welcome message after booking.
• Please do not keep food in your room. Please store it in the fridge or inside the kitchen cabinets, where it belongs.
• Please recycle your shopping bags and boxes by folding them and bundling them together in a flat package for recycling.
• Please lock the front door upon entering and exiting
• Turn off lights, air conditioner or heater when you are not in your room or when you leave the apartment for longer periods of time.
• Smile :)
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews