Situated about 1.5 hours from New York City, you can easily reach our cozy beach cottage by train or car. By train: take the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) to Mastic-Shirley (followed by a quick cab ride); by car the house is accessible via the Long Island Expressway (LIE) and Sunrise Highway.
Fire Island and Ocean beaches can be accessed by foot, bike, or car by crossing over the nearby Smith Point Bridge. We suggest either car or bike as our house is located about 4 miles from Smith Point beach (also called Smith Point County Park):
The house is located between Forge River and the famous Mastic Seafood, and a 25-minute drive will bring you to Long Island wine country or the Hamptons.
Two guest rooms and an additional Japanese sleeping loft are available for weekday rental for up to six guests in a tastefully furnished house with a large backyard. The house may be available occasionally on weekends or holiday weekends (see updated calendar).
**Please note that if your party is 2 and you require 2 rooms (instead of 1), the rate will increase by $35 per night.
- Beautiful, cozy kitchen that’s great for cooking, complete with dishwasher and all necessary utensils for cooking (including BBQ tools)
- Bathroom is shared between North & South guest rooms
- Comfortable living room with sofa, large chairs, TV (Roku available so you can use Netflix or Hulu; there is no cable), & iPod/iPhone stereo connection (works with iphone 3 & 4/4S)
- 4 bikes available for use
- Indoor dining room with seating for 8
- Outdoor dining room with seating for 6
- Newly remodeled outdoor deck with loungy seating (very comfy!)
- Large grassy fenced-in yard shaded by mature oak trees and landscaped grounds
- Hammock (weather permitting)
- Deck with gas BBQ and outdoor dining (seating for 8)
- Outdoor shower (great for washing sand off after the beach)
- Clean bed & bath linens included
- Soap and shampoo included
- Free wi-fi
- Parking available in driveway
- Quiet and peaceful neighborhood
GUEST ROOM CONFIGURATION:
- South Room: 1 Full Size Bed (sleeps 2), and desk
- North Room: 1 Queen Size Bed (sleeps 2), TV with DVD player (no cable)
- Traditional Japanese Sleeping Loft (sleeps 2): Accessed by library ladder, Japanese Tatami mat floors (very comfortable!), sleeping bags and pillows provided
- Air mattress available upon request
- Smith Point Beach: features miles of pristine undeveloped and protected oceanfront shoreline on Fire Island National Seashore with white sand beach ideal for swimming, surfing, fishing, and hiking along the Otis Pike High Dunes nature trail.
- Southaven County Park: features 1,356 acres of hiking trails, mountain biking, picnicking, freshwater fishing, rowboat & kayaking, and horseback riding.
- Wertheim Wildlife Refuge: estuary consisting of aquatic habitats and pine barren habitats for wildlife viewing of over 300 species of birds and winter home to over 5,000 waterfowl.
- Manor of St. George Museum: Homestead of William “Tangier” Smith granted by patent in 1693 by Governor Fletcher of New York. The manor house functions as a museum displaying furnishings and paintings dating back to the early 1700’s and a family burial site.
- Floyd Estate Museum: Homestead of eight generations of the Floyd family including William Floyd, signer of the Declaration of Independence. The Estate features a 25-room manor house built in 1718 and has over 35 acres of protected forests, fields, marshes, trails, and a family burial site.
(website hidden)(email hidden)m
- Long Island Wineries (in the North Fork)
- Antique Shopping: Barntique Village
- Splish Splash Water Park (opening day May 26)
- Atlantis Aquarium
- Mastic Seafood
- For a complete guide to Suffolk county beaches, amusement parks, wineries, parks, aquariums, historic sites, zoos, lighthouses, visit:
- The Hamptons (Westhampton, Southampton, Easthampton) shopping, dining, golfing all accessible by car (25-50 minutes)
ACCOMMODATION, PRICING & TERMS:
Rates are seasonal and based on occupancy (max occupancy 6) and number of rooms being used. $175 is for 2 rooms and up to 4 people. Guest staying longer than 4 nights must agree to allow owners access to house for maintenance and checking on the house's overall condition. Owners will announce presence 16-24 hours in advance via Aribnb e-mail.
HOUSE RULES - IMPORTANT
1) No pets allowed inside or out.
2) No smoking. If you smoke, please do so outside away from any open windows, and dispose of finished cigarettes.
3) NO SHOES inside the house, ever (please leave your shoes in the front entryway).
4) DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper in the toilet. The pipes in Long Island are not as big as in New York city! In fact, it's best to flush twice when doing a #2.
5) Do not use more than 1 appliance at a time, on the shelf in laundry area. If you do, you will trip the breaker. (Summer only: be sure to turn off the air conditioner if you need to use the microwave or the toaster oven).
6) Please turn A/C off when you leave the house; Please turn the laundry room A/C off at night (but okay to leave living room fans on).
7) If you use the BBQ, make sure to turn the valves on the gas tank off, after turning the actual BBQ off. After the BBQ cools down, put the cover back on. BBQ tools are located on the back shelf in the laundry area, inside a black case.
8) Parties are not allowed. Respect our neighbors by lowering loud music after 11pm.
9) Keep the property and all furnishings in good order and treat the home with the utmost respect, leaving the house reasonably clean upon your departure.
10) Please dispose of trash in the garbage bins in the backyard (out the back door and past the deck, by the fence. Please recycle glass, metal, and plastic containers (separate recyclables in a separate plastic bag) and place in the bin outside.
11) There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Please bring your own beach towels. Do not remove towels or linens from the home.
12) No refunds will be given for storms unless cancelation fall within stated cancellation policy.
13) If you are renting on a Sunday night and check in before 7pm, the owners may be present. We will not be in your way, but please note that common areas (kitchen, living room) may be shared.
* Please check out my guidebook - click on the map!
* To print out the full guidebook, click here:
Felicia & Johnny were absolutely AWESOME in accommodating us with our last minute trip. The house is PERFECT...my friends and I called it a pinterest-house because all the details are gorgeous and we could tell the house was well cared for. It not only looked amazing but everything was clean and comfortable and we had no problems/qualms whatsoever. I'd recommend this place to anyone in a heartbeat and hope we could make another trip out soon!
We had a great time in Mastic - Felicia was a great host and made sure that we had everything we needed in advance. The house is even nicer than the pictures!
Felicia was very friendly, thorough and responsive throughout the rental process. The house was lovely: well kept, clean and comfortable. It has everything you need for a relaxing beach vacation. Felicia's guide to the surrounding area (on the AirBnb map) was really helpful too. Highly recommend.
The house was beautiful and really clean. We had a relaxing stay. Back yard/deck was wonderful with a sturdy hammock, beautiful large table with umbrella and grill. The house has everything you need! Felicia was super responsive and helpful.
I was so excited that TJ Hero shop nearby made the perfect Italian combo - like the ones I ate growing up in lower Westchester.
A group of us stayed at this beach cottage this past weekend. The layout was just perfect for us, with a spacious kitchen for cooking, a large dining room table, and a great picnic table outside. The sleeping accommodations were comfortable, and the house overall was very well maintained and tidy. It's a short walk to a nearby dock, and a short drive to the beach. Oh, and there's a great fish market nearby as well!
It was a great weekend overall. We were very happy with our experience.
We had fantastic time in this nice cottage. So cosy, so charming.
We felt at home very easily! :) A little paradise!
And to top it all, Felicia and Johnny a great hosts.
The beach cottage is charming and cozy. Felicia and Johnny's attention to details helped us feel very comfortable. The house is spacious, impeccably clean and lovely decorated. The kitchen is well equipped and fully stocked. Really enjoy preparing food in. The garden is huge and very private. Hammock and BBQ are our favorite hangout spot. The quirky antique pieces around the house are fun to explore. We had a blast, especially our toddler who couldn't stop running around the garden. Can't recommend it enough!
This place was the perfect getaway spot for me and my husband. The house is beautiful with a mix of modern and vintage decor, a Japanese sleeping loft, tons of great books and well traveled memorabilia to gawk over. We didn't have a car or bikes so it did require a cab ride to the beach which was ten bucks but all was worth it. Quiet neighborhood, beautiful beach and a wonderful place to stay. Felicia was a phone call away at all times had we had needed anything but there were helpful signs and directions for every appliance, etc. Highly recommended!
We had such an amazing time! Felicia was very communicative, kept in touch throughout the research, reservation, and finally during the time of our stay. The place is absolutely lovely!!!
We originally planned to be out most of the time but it was so pleasant being at the house that we just sat in the back yard, enjoyed the hammock and took the boat out at the marina, and just plain have a good time.
I am definitely recommending this place to all my friends!
Felicia and Johnny have created a wonderful home. Their care and pride of ownership are evident in every beautiful and creative detail. They have appointed it with anything you might need to enjoy your stay on Long Island. Our trip was shortened due to a family death so we didn't have time to explore this special place. We'll return, only when Felicia and Johnny can host us again - they are lovely people offering their lovely home.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.