About This Listing
Alexander resort 2br/2Br 4 beds Millionaire’s Row section of Miami Beach, located at 5225 Collins Ave is directly on the beach with pools and beautiful landscaping as a tropical resort. 2 miles to center of South Beach and 3 miles to Bal Harbor Shops
Apartment at the Alexander Resort, Collins Avenue in Miami Beach.
The apartment is newly furnished and is a 2-bedroom 2-bathroom, 960 square feet with 10-foot balcony. This comfortable and well maintained apartment has an ocean and beach view. Apartment has a full kitchen with all modern appliances, cookware and serving utensils, a living room and dining area.
Rental includes use of all resort facilities, health club, two hot tub whirlpools, 2 heated pools with chaise lounges, umbrellas and towels with direct access to white sandy private beach. Top of the Falls snack/dining/grill and bar at poolside, restaurant, gift shop, room service, massage therapy and beauty salon, concierge and optional valet parking. Wi-Fi in the apartment is included. Optional daily Cleaning Service available.
We provide a fantastic rental property and superior experiences for our guests. We urge you to read our reviews from recent guests.
Vacation Rental Amenities
* Balcony (100 square feet) with exquisite views
* Master Bedroom has 2 Queen-size beds, guest bedroom has 2 twin-size beds
* Queen Sofa Sleeper (Futon Type) in Living Room
* Fully Equipped Kitchen
* Valet Parking (optional)
* Central Air Conditioning
* 2 Private Heated Pools with Waterfall
* Free lounge chaise and towels at poolside
* Ocean Views
* Dock/Boat Slip
* Outdoor Shower at Poolside
* Gift shop sells basic groceries, drinks newspapers magazines coffee etc
* Room service
* Concierge service
* Bellhop service upon check-in and check-out
* Business Center
Amenities in apartment
* Linens Provided with beds made-up, always freshly laundered and sanitized
* 4 Bath Towels in each bathroom and assorted smaller towels
* Alarm Clock in each Bedroom
* Hair Dryer
* Oven – Self Cleaning
* Coffee Maker
* Refrigerator (Full size)
* Washer/Dryer (coin operated on each floor in service area)
* Radio in each bedroom
* Cable Flat screen TV’s in Living Room Cable TV in Guest Bedroom
* Ironing Board and Iron
* Keyless entry with override manual key available
* Wi-Fi internet
* Beach (onsite)
* Pool (onsite)
* Boardwalk ½ mile
* Fontainebleau and Eden Roc Hotels ½ mile
* South Beach/Lincoln Road 1 ½ miles south
* Bal Harbor Shops 2 miles north
* Fishing (off pier across street or water excursions 2 miles)
* Bicycling (onsite)
* Restaurant (onsite)
* Movie Theater (2 miles)
* Grocery Store (onsite and full shopping ½ mile away)
* Tennis (1 mile)
* Casino (10 miles)
* Gym/Fitness Center (onsite)
* Shopping Area (1 miles)
* Zoo (5 miles)
* Ocean (onsite)
* Amusement Park (6 miles)
* Aquarium (19 miles)
* Playground (onsite)
* Deep Sea Fishing (4 miles)
(Updated April 2014)
NO SMOKING and NO PETS. Registered guest must be 21 years of age.
Rates: Our quoted rates, unless specifically stated otherwise include, daily resort fees, Wi-Fi and Telephone Service for U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico (in those apartments where available). Our rates do not include 13% Miami Beach Hotel sales tax that are collected by us (HORA Management) and charged after the completion of your booking. There are optional add-ons to a reservation such as, interim cleaning, parking (at the Alexander only valet is available at $26 per day and at the Seacoast Valet Parking is $12 per day or $60 monthly), travel/trip cancellation insurance, or property damage insurance. Also guest is required to pay additional $50 Hotel Front Desk Key fee directly to Hotel upon arrival. Certain apartments at the Alexander will require an additional $85 checkout cleaning fee paid directly to the Hotel upon check-out (this occurs when cleaning wasn't charged to you through Airbnb). We also may require as additional property damage security deposit an amount between $500 and $1000 if not already included in the quote - and if included would show as a separate charge. This security deposit charge is fully refundable assuming no violations of house rules, no smoking, no pets, excess debris, carpet spills, misuse of towels, breakage, damage or late checkout occurred.
Sales Tax: Miami Beach-Dade County currently (as of April 1, 2014 and subject to change) has a 13% Hotel Resort Sales Tax. These fees are added to your quote when specified. Airbnb reservations are altered after reservations are booked for these added taxes as mentioned above.
Registration and Check-out Cleaning Fees: All reservations incur a separate $50 Hotel Front Desk Key Fee which is paid directly to Hotel upon check-in by Guest. A check-out cleaning fee is paid at time of reservation through the online payment system for our exclusively managed apartments. However, if the online quote does not include a check-out cleaning fee, it indicates that your rented unit is under shared management and an additional fee of $85 for check-out cleaning is to be paid by Guest directly to the Hotel at time of check-out. Therefore your credit card will be required when checking into the Hotel (for these charges as well as for other incidental charges you may incur such as optional interim cleanings, room service, water sports, etc.).
Deposit, Cancellation, and Refunds: Rent Payment in full is required at time of reservation. Please see our strict cancellation policy. Holidays and Special Event rentals are non-refundable reservations. Holiday dates include- Christmas, New Years, President’s Week, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Easter and Passover and Special Event dates such as Caribbean Festival, Boat Show, Music Festival, Art Basil Show, etc. To protect your payment we recommend you review and purchase Travel Insurance which may protect your advanced payments by reimbursing you for out-of-pocket nonrefundable expenses in the event of cancellation under insurable conditions.
• If guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent are not refunded.
• HORA, in its sole discretion has the final say in all disputes regarding refunds outside of the cancellation policy.
Check-In/Out: Regular Check-in after 4 pm, Regular Check-out by 11 am, unless otherwise arranged in advance in writing (email acceptable) and at time of initial reservation. Additional early or late check- in/out fees will apply if not pre-arranged in writing and agreed to in advance.
Courtesy early check-in or late check-out (which courtesy is maximum one hour) is available based solely on whether we have guests checking out same day as your arrival or checking in same day of your departure. Guaranteed early check-in or late check-out may be available depending upon prior occupancy and next reservation. To guarantee early check-in it must be requested at time of reservation and if available a ½ day rate is assessed for each early check-in and late check-out. Earlier or later check in/out times require these additional fees as we otherwise would lose the ability to rent the apartment the night before or the night of checkout date.
Security Deposit: Depending on the number of guests, their ages, and which unit you are renting, we require either a $500 or a $1,000 Refundable Damage Security Deposit. HORA or Airbnb automatically release this deposit within one to seven business days from your departure date as long as there have been no violations of house rules or if any damage is done. We would object to issuing a partial or full refund of your Security Deposit due to violations of House Rules (i.e. smoking, pets, scattered or excess debris, apartment is left in unsanitary condition, an unauthorized late checkout, missing items, damage to property, or additional guests were found to sleep in the unit than what was agreed to and authorized in contract, are all causes to withhold refund of Security Deposit. To avoid charges for unintentional damage that may occur, we recommend you purchase Property Damage Protection Insurance for $78 (information below).
Travel and Property Protection: As a licensed travel insurance agent in the State of Florida, we offer two vacation insurance plans by CSA Travel Protection:
1. Travel Insurance – covers Trip Cancellation coverage for insurable reasons for reimbursement of non-refundable trip expenses in event of cancellation, also providing coverage for emergency assistance, lost luggage, delayed flights and more.
2. Property Damage Protection - which covers accidental damage to rental property during your stay. We recommend considering purchasing these insurance plans giving you the added peace of mind for before and throughout your entire travel. These coverage provide immediate and valuable protection for you and every member traveling together. Summary details can be found below.
Travel Insurance Protection: We want to do everything possible to help make your entire vacation as stress free as possible beginning with your travel plans all the way through check out. Because the unexpected can occur when you’re away from home or even before you leave, Travel Insurance is a viable option for your added protection; and as an agent of CSA Travel Protection, HORA can offer this protection to you. Travel Insurance by CSA covers reimbursement of insurable non-refundable expenses in the event of trip cancelation. This coverage also provides for emergency assistance and certain medical coverage during travel, rental car damage, delayed or cancelled flight, lost luggage, and other additional benefits such as concierge services, as further (email hidden)/travel-insurance.htm. By example, to cover $1000 of travel expenses your cost for coverage will be $69.50. You may insure up to $50,000 of travel expenses and may include any nonrefundable insurable expense, i.e. tickets to events, airline tickets, nonrefundable rent payments and deposits, etc. Many other benefits including up to $1,(phone number hidden)n emergency medical assistance, $25,000 in rental car damage, trip interruption coverage is included. This Travel Insurance coverage must be requested and paid for at time of reservation; and you may add more coverage later. Terms and conditions apply and are subject to the Insurance Carriers Rules and Regulations. Please inquire for more information.
Property Damage Protection Insurance: For added protection we recommend the purchase of Property Damage Insurance by CSA which insures you for accidental damage to our property in an amount up to $3,000. Please note that a violation of house rules such as smoking, pets, excess debris, are not an insurable act. You can purchase this policy at a cost of $78. By submitting payment for this plan, you authorize and request CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly to HORA Management Program any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Security Deposit Protection.
Occupancy: When making your reservation the rate is calculated in part based on the number of Guests you contracted for. If it is determined that you have occupied the apartment (for sleeping) with additional guests, there will be an additional $25 charge plus tax, per person per night, added to your reservation and your credit card on file will be charged accordingly. The number of guests is made note of during our initial quote and correspondence and the maximum number of guests allowed in a specific apartment is listed on our (website hidden) on each respective property page.
Valet Parking: Reservations at the Alexander Resort do not include parking. The only option available is valet parking and the current rate charged by the Alexander Hotel is $26 per day plus 7% sales tax. Commercial or larger vehicles cannot be accommodated at this resort. Public parking in a municipal lot may be available, for a fee, a few blocks north of the resort. No assurances, however you may be able to arrange with building Valet Parking for larger vehicles. In Miami Beach, at this ocean front property, no street or self-parking is available. For all other properties please inquire. Seacoast Valet Parking is $12 per day, or $60 flat monthly rate. Self-parking is available at Seacoast for no additional charge.
Wi-Fi Internet, Cable TV and Telephone Service: All our units have WiFi (VOIP Phone Service available in certain units) and are included free of charge in the base rate. In the situation where certain unit does not have WiFi available, we may be able to accommodate with a Verizon wireless hotspot device to browse the internet. We are not responsible if any of these services are interrupted but will try our best to have any technical issues repaired as soon as possible.
Personal Valuables: As in any resort, proper precaution should be taken to protect your property. Do not tempt anyone by leaving valuables unattended. Building and management personnel have access to each unit for cleaning and maintenance or emergency purposes. Owner, Rental Agent, Condominium Association, Hotel, and Property Manager are not responsible for any items lost or stolen. It is your responsibility to secure any personal valuables. Most apartments have a small safe (usually in master bedroom closet) available for safekeeping your valuables; however we take no responsibility for any of your or your guest’s valuables as these safes are penetrable. Building security and local police should be notified immediately in the event of any loss or security issue.
Entry and Inspection: Rental Agent or its representatives reserve the right to enter the Property at reasonable times and with reasonable advance notice for the purposes of cleaning, inspecting, or showing the Property to prospective purchasers, renters, or other authorized persons, or for the retrieval of supplies from storage areas. If Rental Agent has a reasonable belief that there is imminent danger to any person or property, Rental Agent or its employees or representatives, may enter the Property without advance notice.
• Missing or Damaged Items: You will be charged for any missing or damaged items from or in the apartment. Be sure to leave all remote controls and other electronic items such as DVD remotes, computer mouse and keyboard, portable telephones and fan/light remotes all in their respective places.
• Towels: the Alexander Resort provides free towels at the pool. Never bring towels or blankets from our apartment to the pool or beach. Do not use wash cloths, hand towels or bath towels for cleaning purposes, makeup or cosmetic removal or for other uses which will stain or damage the towels or blankets. Replacement towels are available upon calling our caretaker at a cost of $25 for 6 sets of towels and each set contains a bath towel, hand towel and wash cloth.
• Noise Ordinance: Miami Beach and our properties maintain an ordinance for disturbances in multi dwelling buildings. No excess noise, construction or banging on weekdays before 9am and after 10pm, and Weekends (Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays) before 10am and after 11pm. Police have the authority to escort you from the premises if you violate this rule.
• Occupancy: Guest agrees that no more than the maximum persons shall be permitted on the Property at any time during the Rental Term, all of whom shall comply with the conditions and restrictions imposed upon Guest under the Agreement.
• Non-Smoking: All HORA properties in all locations are non-smoking including the entire Alexander Miami Beach building. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside the building. Smoking in an apartment or balcony can result in a fine and there will be a $250-$500 charge against your Damage Security payment to be used to deodorize and clean the apartment.
• No Pets: Service pets (certified) are permitted with prior approval. Service pets must be carried or leashed at all times on the property. A $250 charge is required for “deep cleaning” for any pets. Please disclose this requirement at time of your reservation. Failure to do so will result in $250 penalty charge as well as the $250 “deep cleaning” charge.
• Excess Debris: Additional fees between $100 and $250 will be applied to credit card on file for excess cleaning charge if apartment is left excessively littered with debris and/or trash after you have checked out. Please leave apartment in a reasonably clean condition and treat our property as you would your own. We require that longer stays (7 nights or more) have interim cleanings. Interim cleanings can be arranged through HORA or directly with our caretaker. Our caretaker can provide personal laundry service as well as grocery shopping and other concierge services.
• Rubbish: Trash bins must be removed and disposed of daily in the garbage chute located in the service area by the elevator on each floor. Please do not dispose of paper towels, facial tissues, or sanitary napkins in toilets.
• NEVER LEAVE A CHILD UNATTENDED ON BALCONY, AT THE BEACH, OR NEAR POOL AREA.
• Follow “Pool Rules and Regulations” posted by the Resort—at all times.
• Shirts and shoes must be worn in the building common areas at all times.
• Never bring items covered with sand into building or apartment.
• Upon Check-out or Leaving Apartment: You are required to check out of apartment at agreed upon check-out time in reservation. If you are found to have stayed in apartment in excess of that time, a half-day or full-day rate will be applied to your credit card on file.
• Always leave air conditioner running leaving thermostats between 71 and 74 degrees when leaving apartment or upon checkout.
• Please close lights when not needed.
• Be sure to return manual keys before checkout.
• Do not leave windows or doors open.
• Be sure to leave room safe open before checkout.
This was a wonderful location. It was our first time visiting Miami and the Alexander hotel was right off of the beach! It was only a short cab ride away from downtown. The place was well kept and included up to date amenitites. We would absolutely stay here again.
The apartment was very spacious, clean and suited our needs well. Would recommend.
This host has 130 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Mark - HORA RENTALS
Responsible caring owner of multiple units at this fine resort in Miami Beach. I am interested in your enjoyment and have a stellar reputation of providing excellent accommodations and service to my guests. HORA Vacation Rentals looks forward to greeting you.