* Quiet high-end safe neighborhood down the street from where the Internet was invented. Across the street from golf course and beautiful Fresh Pond running trail. It's been said Mitt Romney (who lives in nearby Belmont) runs this trail when he's in town. There's also a close-by tennis court, basketball court, and children's park.
* Steps from bus to Harvard Square (15 mins). From there, you can hop on the RED line train to downtown Boston (additional 15 mins), or drive there from home in 25 mins.
* Short walk to convenience store and WOW gym; Short drive to Fresh Pond Mall for Trader Joe's, Starbucks, LOEWS theaters, etc.
* 30 min drive from Boston Logan airport.
* Neighbors include Harvard faculty, and young professionals in bio-tech, finance, and IT.
* Clean private bedroom with key and King size bed. Comes with an in-room closet, cabinet, and A/C. Room is dust-free and gets natural sun.
* Full bathroom with shower and tub. Bathroom is private for you and is right outside your bedroom.
* Shared access to infrequently used living room with TV, family room with A/C, eat-in kitchen with fridge and stove, laundry room, and backyard.
* Backyard has a large BBQ grill you are free to use if you fill it with gas, a large tree for shade, and grass for walking.
* The unit has an additional room with private bathroom (listed here: http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/475396). The guests here will share the kitchen and common areas but have their own bathroom. The maximum I will allow to stay in the other room is 2.
* Other visitors to the apartment include:
- Occasional helper or cleaners for check-out, improvements, etc.
- My brother may pop in to use the kitchen but this is rare.
* Your living area is very clean but in traditional New England design. Thus, you may notice some imperfections and quirks such as cracked tiles and creaky floors. Sorry!
* Note: Cell phone reception works fine for all carriers except some Sprint users (not all) noted low reception in some parts of the unit including the room.
* On rare occasions I may need to enter the apartment to grab some personal items. I will do my best to give a heads up as soon as I can, but ask for flexibility in the event of a last minute visit.
* Free Wi-Fi and basic cable.
* Free Clean towels, blankets (guests staying more than a month are expected to do their own washing).
* Free Parking unlimited on-street (no permit req'd) and drive-way.
* Free Washer/dryer for light use (may need to buy your own detergent).
* Free noodles and spaghetti!
* Free Use of spices and condiments (Trader Joe's seasoning, Thai seasoning, Tandoor/Indian masala, Jerk seasoning, etc.).
* No Smoking indoors.
* No food inside room.
* Lights must be turned off when exiting apartment.
* No pets.
* No loud/large parties.
* Please slip your shoes off once inside.
* Guests staying 3 weeks or longer are asked to help pay for cleaning service because it has become an issue in the past especially with regard to sharing responsibilities with other guests. The cost is subsidized by me, and payment (about $20/visit) can be taken care of during your stay.
* If there is no regular cleaning service:
- You and the guest(s) in the second room within the unit are required to share in the cleaning duties, including vaccuming and swiffering the floors (we provide supplies).
- When recycling and garbage bins inside the home are full, they must be taken out to the bins on the driveway. Every Tuesday morning before 9am, the recycling and garbage bins on the driveway are to be placed on the sidewalk and returned before the end of the day. Any extermination service required due to not taking out the garbage will be deducted from the deposit.
- Guests are expected to wash and replace the sheets themselves (extra sheet sets are provided).
- Please clean up before checking out (especially the fridge), and dispose of your personal items. Any major clean-up service required may be deducted from the deposit.
I stayed with Ahmed for 4 weeks, I can really recommend staying here. I'm relocating from Europe so I needed a place to stay until I found my own place. I booked one of the 2 rooms in the basement, both rooms have a private bathroom and you share the kitchen and living room with the other room. It is very private, you are not part of somebodies house as with most places at airBnB. During my stay Ahmed refurnished the place, it looks much better now then before. The bed in my room was very good!! Ahmed is a great host! There is a bus stop around the corner that goes directly to Harvard Square (10 min). It's also possible to walk to the Alewife T station (15 min walk) which is probably the fastest alternative if you want to go downtown.
We had a great time at Farhan's; the house is really big and well located at a beautiful and quiet neighborhood. Farhan made our stay very comfortable; we felt at home there!
Farhan is nice guy just starting his Airbnb experience. Although there were a few minor issues to start with (cable TV not set up), these were quickly resolved - all part of his learning curve! The room we stayed in had a massive king size bed which was very comfortable and a big closet. There was access to a bathroom (really good shower), kitchen, laundry facilities and a couple of living areas to relax in. There is a huge TV with basic cable in one of these lounges. The location, although a little far from Boston downtown, the public transport connections were good. There is a bus stop right round the corner (1min) and a couple of T train stops, also within walking distance (20mns+). You could be in downtown in half an hour, with the right connections. If you stay for more than a couple of days, get the 7 Day Link Pass as this covers the local buses as well as the subway and at the moment is cheaper than 2 Day passes. Farhan was a generous host, willing to help in anyway to make our stay pleasant and he succeeded. He even helped us out when we had an early mornnig flight with a lift to the T stop.
This host has 248 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I'm a former manager at a large accounting firm, and now an entrepreneur running two businesses in Boston, and a travel-enthusiast (the back-packing kind).
I have a reliable team supporting me, and I am passionate about providing a nice stay for you.
I also run a flexible office space company in downtown Boston with professional rooms setup - with amazing views of the city from its floor-to-ceiling windows.