About This Listing
A 3 bedroom house on the Chester River with amazing sunsets over the dock. Fully equipped, with central air conditioning, dishwasher, washer, dryer and parking - also free use of kayaks to enjoy the Chester River. An ideal property for those dropping off, picking up, or just visiting a student at Washington College in Chestertown - with views no hotel can match!
Chestertown is a quaint historic town on the Maryland Eastern Shore and boasts unique shops, restaurants as well as supermarkets, bowling alley and a cinema. Along with the historic Washington College, the town focuses around the river, where you can take cruises on the Sultana (a 18th Century Schooner), or eat overlooking the river.
There are 2 boat ramps in nearby marinas, so bring your boat or jetski for additional fun. The driveway is long enough to park a large vehicle with trailer attached (for example a Suburban with trailer for a 24' boat fits easily).
Our house provides 3 bedrooms, an open dining-kitchen area, one main bathroom and a separate lounge that overlooks the river. All rooms are on the same floor. There are 4 kayaks at the property which are by the private dock and may be used by guests (at your own risk). Life vests are also provided.
There is no public transport in the area, but parking is provided in the front driveway for 3 cars. There is a yard front and rear and a gas grill is available on the deck.
Bedroom 1 has a double bed.
Bedroom 2 has a bunk bed with a twin over a double bed.
Bedroom 3 has a bunk bed with 2 twins.
There is a washer and dryer as well as a 2nd toilet in an attached workshop to the side of the house - which is accessible via a separate locked door from the outside.
No pets. No smoking. Please leave the front door key in the key safe attached to the side door.
The boat and jetski at the property are not for use by renters - sorry! Please do enjoy the kayaks though.
Make yourself at home and enjoy the sunset!
Below are the terms and conditions you are agreeing to by booking through Airbnb:
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
Chester River House 318 River Road, Chestertown, MD 21620, Ph(phone number hidden).
This agreement made on [date of Airbnb booking] between [person named in Airbnb booking] (hereinafter called the Tenants) and David & Cheryl Kirk (hereinafter called the Landlord) concerning the short term rental of the property located at 318 River Road, Chestertown, MD 21620
Total people in renting party: [per the Airbnb booking]. Adults: [per the Airbnb booking] Children: [per the Airbnb booking] not to exceed 7. Rental period begins at 3 pm on [start date of Airbnb booking] and ends at 11 am on [end date of Airbnb booking].
Total Rental Amount: [as specified in the Airbnb payment request]
Add Cleaning Fee: $50.00. Add Security Deposit: $250.00 (refundable according to the Terms of the Agreement).
Terms of the Agreement: 1. The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
2. Local and long distance telephone service is included at no extra charge. International calls are not permitted from the house phone and will result in a change against the security deposit corresponding to the cost of such calls to the Landlord. Emergency medical and police service can be called by dialing 911. No guarantee of telephone service or quality of said service is implied by this agreement.
3. The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall deduct costs of said services from the security deposit prior to refund if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
4. The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins along the curb during their stay for pickup. Wednesday the garbage is picked up early morning. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
5. The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
6. No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises.
7. The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
8. The Tenants shall have no more than 7 (seven) persons reside or sleep on the premises.
9. The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and Pool and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
10. There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
12. Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, shampoos, and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tenant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them.
13. The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
14. Rental Deposit amount is fully refundable up to 30 (thirty) days prior to the beginning of the rental period. After thirty days prior to the rental period the Landlord shall have the right to retain the initial Rental Deposit at the Landlord's discretion.
15. Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney's fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
16. Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
17. We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control (for example electricity or internet service). We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
18. There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
19. If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Tenant’s vacation. Tenant shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 9 am and 8 PM present or not.
20. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
21. It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the dock, the kayaks and the river. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they use the dock or kayaks or swim in the river. Tenant is hereby notified that the dock, kayaks and river can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved. Tenant is further notified to be cautious when walking on the dock as this can be a hazard. There are no rails to prevent a fall into the river.
22. Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws.
23. Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
24. Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. ; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
25. Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closets”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults. The owners closets are located in the kitchen/dining area and in the hallway by the bathroom.
26. The property has a fire extinguisher installed in the outside workshop. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
27. The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
28. Tenant is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
29. Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
30. Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
31. No cable TV is provided at the property. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
32. High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
33. Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 75 degrees and heat shall not be set above 78, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation.
Making a payment and confirming this booking through the Airbnb website will be considered acceptance of the terms of this agreement.
Landlord address: David & Cheryl Kirk, 8, Granby Road, Landenberg, PA 19350
(We) agree to abide by the above conditions and hereby swear that the information provided above is true:
Tenant [agreed by making payment through Airbnb website]
We had a great time relaxing on the river, house was clean and easy to find, would def recommend for people looking to get some r&r.
David did everything he could to let us know about things in the area (restaurants, shops, etc.) in the area. We have two young children and were worried that this house might not be a good fit for us, but it ended up being perfect!
The Kirk's home was an ideally situated space, opening out to the beautiful Chester river. Check-in was very easy and there were many amenities to make you feel like you were at a true New England summer house. The Keurig coffee maker, kayaks, and proximity to town made it a very easy place to stay during our friend's wedding weekend at the Brampton.
David's home made for a great weekend getaway. David provides a thorough list that explains all the details of the house and this makes you feel right at home. The house is situated on a nice quiet stretch of the Chester river. The kayaks combined with the fire pit and grill provided many opportunities to spend the day outside and enjoy the weather. Unfortunately, the river is rather shallow around the dock so swimming is not very practical. We would happily book this house again.
About the Host, David
Pull up by boat or take a short drive to this restaurant that looks directly out on the Chestertown Marina and the Chester RiverCannon Street Chestertown MD 21620
You can take cruises on the Chester River aboard this 18th Century schooner. Great for kids, who also get to help hoist the sails. Remember to cover your ears though when they fire the cannon.South Cross Street Chestertown MD 21620
Great coffee, relaxed atmosphere, good light lunch menu - also pick up a bottle of wine.S Cross St # B Chestertown MD 21620
Go to the Fountain Park on Saturday mornings for a great market of locally grown produce as well as arts and crafts.Chestertown Maryland
Methodist ChurchChestertown MD
Catholic ChurchChestertown MD
Great pizza in a friendly environment.Washington Ave # 9 Chestertown MD 21620
Get all the groceries you need right hereWashington Avenue Chestertown MD 21620
Best Chinese food in Chestertown. Usually no more than a 10-15 wait for take-out, or call ahead to have it waiting.Washington Ave # 31 Chestertown MD 21620
Small cinema which is usally pretty quiet. Cheap matinee tickets (before 5pm). Shows all the top releases. Great for a rainy day.Washington Square Shopping Center Chestertown MD 21620