About this listing
Large, centrally-located apartment, with spectacular views of the old medieval city and surrounding countryside.
Great for couples, families or groups of friends. Great for birders too (the balcony offers open views of the sky and surrounding landscape).
NOTE: 50% discount for children up to 12 years old. Special rates for groups (4-7 guests) and solo travelers for stays of 3 days or more.
The apartment has:
- a sunny living room, with views of the medieval city
- a large balcony (big enough to fit a small table and 2-3 chairs), with panoramic views of the medieval city and surrounding area (stretching 50 kilometers into the distance in both directions)
- a main bedroom, with a queen size bed (150 x 190 cm) and views of the medieval city
- a 2nd bedroom, with two single beds
- a 3rd bedroom, with a single bed (and views of the medieval city)
- a large eat-in kitchen
- a bathroom, with shower, w.c. and bidet
Note: The living room has a sofa bed that can sleep two more people (two trundle beds).
Centrally-located, near shopping and all conveniences, and five minutes on foot from the Plaza Mayor and "monumental" Cáceres, the city's world heritage medieval complex.
Great also as a base for visiting the surrounding area. Day trips can be done easily to Trujillo (20 minutes), the Vostell Museum and Los Barruecos in Malpartida de Cáceres (15 minutes), Mérida (40 minutes), Monfrague National Park (45 minutes), and the Roman bridge in Alcántara (50 minutes). Lesser-known lovely towns, such as Brozas, Garrovillas de Alconétar and Montánchez, are also within easy driving distance (40 minutes or less).
Cáceres is also equidistant from Madrid and Lisbon (three hours by car from both cities), so a perfect half-way stop between the Spanish and Portuguese capitals. Also a great half-way stop between Madrid and Sevilla.
Bed and bath linens, kitchen essentials, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, washing machine, iron, hairdryer, TV and internet. 4th-floor walk-up (no lift!), but the stairs are comfortable. If you come by car, you can park just outside in the parking area reserved for the building's residents.
Interaction with guests
ENGLISH AND FRENCH SPOKEN
Your host is bilingual (English/Spanish), and also speaks French. I´m happy to help with anything you need during your stay, as well as give recommendations and tips on places to visit in Cáceres and the surrounding area. Plus I live next door, so am easily on hand :-)
Treat the flat as if it were your home. That means:
1) Feel free to use everything that is there: guides, maps, books, TV, playing cards, candles, extra blankets, etc.
2) Help yourself to all food supplies in the kitchen (coffee, herbal tea, olive oil, vinegar, jam, milk, etc.).
3) Be sensible about energy consumption. Please turn off lights and electrical appliances when you go out.
4) If you smoke, do so only on the balcony (this is out of respect for guests coming after you, who may not be smokers and might find the smell of a smoky apartment unpleasant or offensive)
5) Finally, please do NOT use the wall panel heater in the main bedroom to dry clothes (it will break down if you do!).
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund plus service fees back.
This host has 241 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi! I'm half-Spanish, half-American (dad from Spain, mom from USA), so feel I have a foot in both cultures. I teach, translate, and write (I'm the author of "Spanish Among Amigos", two books on conversational Spanish). I like drawing and painting, traveling, meeting people, bodysurfing on empty beaches, nature, animals, good books, good food... And I love Spain: its culture, people, climate, landscape, fiestas, food, wine... I'd love to welcome you to my place, and do all I can to help make your stay here maravilloso! ¡Hasta pronto!