About this listing
Charming modern room away from the stressfull San Jose, green environment in the heart of a coffee plantation. Between San Jose and Cartago.
We are a colombian/swiss couple (mid 50´s) that enjoy to cook, go walking and enjoy this piece of paradise we live in. My husband is an architect and build the house and I’m a garden designer. We both work at home. We speak english, spanish and a little bit of german.
The room is fully equipped with all the amenities, it has a private bathroom with hot water shower with fresh towels etc... You can also use the big kitchen, and use all the amenities in the house, including washing machine, dishwasher, etc.
We provide our guests with breakfast, with a fresh cup of coffee from our own finca.
Feel free to join us for dinner, please ask for the menu of the day. Cost per person: $15
There is also free parking within the property, if you're coming by car. You will receive a map of how to reach the house once the reservation is confirmed.
Other things to note
POIs near our house.
- Walk through the beautiful garden and the coffee plantation
- Irazu Volcano is only 1 hour away, and there is no need to cross the city.
- La carpintera Canopy tour is 10 min away.
- 30 minutes from “Paraíso de Volcanes Adventure Park”, with canopy, rappel, horseback riding, quads, rafting, paragliding, etc...
- Only 15 minutes to Cartago, Basilica de los Angeles
- There is a "feria del agricultor" with fresh fruits, vegetables and a lot of culture every saturday in tres rios, 1.5 Km from us.
- During easter, we have the biggest costa rican procession passing just a few steps from our home, and the goal is easily reachable from here.
- During the months of october to february, we have the coffee recollection time, where the finca is visited by many workers, making this a very beautiful and special time.
- With the first rains in the year (march to april) the coffee plants bloom, turning the finca in a white intensive smell of coffee flowers... One you have never experienced :-)
- And many more to discover...
Please contact us if you have any questions, we will be glad to host you in our place and give you other good advices :)
Monica + Humberto + Teo
Although we don't like to settle rules in peoples vacations, there are a couple of things we would like you to consider.
*Check in between 13:00 and 21:00.
*Respect other ones privacy.
*Smoking only in the garden allowed.
*Pets remains downstairs.
*Only people booked through Airbnb are allowed to stay.
*Airport pickup service can be arranged, 60$ (same as taxi to the city)
*A set of keys will be provided when you come.
*Feel free to join us for dinner, cost per person: $15. (please ask Monica in advance)
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund, including service fees.
This host has 77 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hi, Im Teo, half colombian half swiss.
I'm an architect and city planner from the technical university of Munich and im living in Costa Rica since 2015 . My parents, Monica and Humberto have been living in Costa Rica since 2000 and have builded 2 beautifull houses, in which we want to have a magical experience.
I'm easygoing, open minded and like meeting new people. I love cooking, photography and riding my bike.
I started using Airbnb when I went to Rome in 2013 for the first 2 weeks, and I loved it. Since then, I have been active as a host and guest.