Charming modern room away from the stressfull San Jose, green environment in the heart of a coffee plantation. Between San Jose and Cartago.
We are a colombian/swiss couple (mid 50´s) that enjoy to cook, go walking and enjoy this piece of paradise we live in. My husband is an architect and build the house and I’m a garden designer. We both work at home. We speak english, spanish and a little bit of german.
The room is fully equipped with all the amenities, it has a private bathroom with hot water shower with fresh towels etc... You can also use the big kitchen, and use all the amenities in the house, including washing machine, dishwasher, etc.
We provide our guests with breakfast, with a fresh cup of coffee from our own finca.
Feel free to join us for dinner, please ask for the menu of the day. Cost per person: $5
There is also free parking within the property, if you're coming by car. You will receive a map of how to reach the house once the reservation is confirmed.
POIs near our house.
- Walk through the beautiful garden and the coffee plantation
- Irazu Volcano is only 1 hours away, and there is no need to cross the city.
- Terra Mall is only 10 minutes away
- Bus stop 200 meters and train station is 300 meters
- 30 minutes from “Paraíso de Volcanes Adventure Park”, with canopy, rappel, horseback riding, quads, rafting, paragliding, etc...
- Only 15 minutes to Cartago, Basilica de los Angeles
- There is a "feria del agricultor" with fresh fruits, vegetables and a lot of culture every saturday in tres rios, 1.5 Km from us.
- During easter, we have the biggest costa rican procession passing just a few steps from our home, and the goal is easily reachable from here.
- During the months of october to february, we have the coffee recollection time, where the finca is visited by many workers, making this a very beautiful and special time.
- With the first rains in the year (march to april) the coffee plants bloom, turning the finca in a white intensive smell of coffee flowers... One you have never experienced :-)
- And many more to discover...
Please contact us if you have any questions, we will be glad to host you in our place and give you other good advices :)
Monica + Humberto + Teo
The house really nice! The house is surrounded by nature and has all the comforts one may need.
I really enjoyed living in there during my stay in Costa rica!
Monica and Humberto are really nice and helpfull.
I'll definitely come back!
Monica and Humberto are the best! We had such a lovely time in their gorgeous house. We were made to feel so welcome, there was a really warm, family atmosphere in the house. The room itself is very comfortable, spacious and cosy, with a really good bathroom next door to it. Definitely opt for dinner if you're sociable, Monica makes really good food too! Just try to time your arrival not to coincide with San José rush hour, we were stuck in traffic for a looong time!
A most unexpected and pleasant surprise. We were received by Teo's parents in their fabulous, one-of-a-kind house, incredibly designed and built by his father Humberto, an architect. Fantastic food, environment, company, beds, bathroom, living room, hearth, garden, coffee plantation... After leaving the awful San Jose and its traffic, you could not think of anything better.
Amazing hosts! A great atmosphere and stimulating conversations. They make you feel right at home... even lend you their socks if you happen to forget a pair. I will definitely be coming back!
First of all, we want to mention that Monica and Humberto are really great hosts, they treated us like part of their family and were really lovely. We especially enjoyed the Tamarindo juice, Monica made for us :) We felt very comfortable staying with them and should have stayed longer.
The house is just beautiful and we had a wonderful walk with Humberto and the dogs on their coffee plantation. This was very interesting... besides that the house is located in Tres Rios and a good starting point to visit Irazu and Carthago.
We enjoyed our time a lot and we can really recommend it to everyone...
I spent a great night at Teos parents!!!
They are very warm and open people.. We had great conversations in spanisch.
The rooms and the bathroom are beautiful, everything was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and the dogs and the cat are so cuite and friendly.
Breakfast was great with a lot of different fruits, cereals, toast, coffee, cheese and many more.
I would book an overnight stay again! Muchas gracias para todos!
Even arriving at night in Costa Rica, we easily found the house from Monica and Humberto. Both of them were so heartily and helpful. The house and the surrounding garden are really Beautiful. The room is very comfortable. We were really feeling at home! We made a beautiful walk together in the coffee plantation. We highly recommended the house from Monica and Humberto to all people enjoying calm and personal accommodation.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.