Contact me for dates- flexibility is a real option!
Great location! Great space, lots of light!!!
Room available from June 8th- July 9th!
Truly an awesome room in a great location, incredibly peaceful and wonderfully appointed.
A little about the house: newly and fully renovated with beautiful hardwoods throughout the downstairs, tile upstairs.
Open living/dining and stone fireplace. The kitchen is well appointed with stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops and plenty of natural light.
Master Bed is upstairs and features a queen size bed with private master bathroom.
We also have a nice sized laundry room that you are welcome to use.
The back yard is ridiculous! An open lawn area that is fully gated. Peaceful & charming with a large porch to enjoy, with a heater and a BBQ.
There is plenty of parking on the street.
This is truly an awesome home in a great location, incredibly peaceful and wonderfully appointed.
Historically this area has been home to those on the lower end of the economic spectrum; however, the past 10 years have completely changed East Austin. Now next to a run down shack you might find a huge loft-style condo project filled with artists and young professionals. Many long-time residents resent the rise in property values (and taxes), so there's a slight fracturing of the community. It's hard to find a bargain in this area now as more and more people flock to the eastside in hopes of getting in before the area turns even more uber-trendy. East Austin was recently ranked as one of the top hipster places to live in the US. If you have a family, you should note that schools may not be the best in this area (with exceptions).
Homes are older – even dating back to the Victorian age the closer to Lady Bird Lake you are, with the exception of the new Mueller development where the old airport used to be. Here you'll find new homes in a planned community- similar to being in the ‘burbs, but close to downtown.
There is public transport near.
They will have access to the entire 1st floor but clothing and personal items will be off limits.
As much, or as little as they would like.
East Riverside-Oltorf is the Austin neighborhood just south of Lady Bird Lake, East of I-35, west of Grove Boulevard and north of Ben White/Texas State Highway 71. Thanks to the city's East Riverside Corridor Plan, which aims to make Riverside Drive, already an important commercial corridor between downtown and the airport, into a transit-oriented and walkable road with lots of housing options for people from all income levels, this area is seeing a lot of development.
This neighborhood is already more than two times as dense as the city average. There are 6,504 people per square mile in this area, compared to the Austin average of 2,610. There is a plethora of apartments in the area, resulting in 83% of the area's residents being renters. The large number of apartments in the area were originally built for University of Texas (website hidden). Edward's University and an Austin Community College Branch area also nearby. However, a lot of families and young professionals have moved into the area, lured by low rents.
Average rents in the area range from $385 for one of the student-focused rentals where you rent by the bedroom, to $1,100 for a conventional two bedroom, two bathroom unit. There are also new luxury apartments going up on the lake on Riverside, like Amli Southshore, where rents range from $1,250 to $2,174. Overall, though, rents here tend to be very affordable, especially when you consider that you are less than 5 minutes from downtown, South Congress and, depending on where you live, mere steps from Lady Bird Lake and the Hike and Bike Trail.
Emo's, the iconic Austin music venue, recently shuttered its 6th Street Location and moved to Riverside Drive, taking over the old location of the Backroom, a defunct heavy metal club. Emo's East, as this new location is called, is located at the corner of Riverside and Burton, and continues to rock with alternative acts both local and touring. Plus the occasional odd ball show like Geto Boys, the infamous 90's rappers from Houston.
Shortly after Emo's East came home to Riverside to roost, the Beauty Bar said goodbye to its 7th Street location and followed Emo's to Austin's new hip address: 78741. Beauty Ballroom is on the other end of the strip mall Emo's East sits in, at Riverside Drive and Royal Crest. They also feature touring and local acts, and have more of a lounge feel for nights where you just want to relax with friends over a cocktail.
Speaking of cocktails, the newest edition to Riverside's amazing transformation from gritty hood rat to glittering hipster prom queen, is The Buzz Mill. This brand new coffee house and bar is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, AND feature a huge patio where you can buy pancakes and barbecue! Did you even know those foods went together? Well this is Texas, barbecue goes with everything! The Buzz Mill is right across Riverside from Emo's, on Town Creek Drive, chilling in the shadow of the scores of brand new apartments going up.
If tacos are more your speed, well have you come to the right place! East Riverside and Oltorf are a taco-lover's dream, with more taco trailers serving authentic, cheap Mexican food than you can shake a tamale at. Rico's Tacos, located in the parking lot of the Oltorf Food Mart at the corner of East Oltorf and Douglas, serves delicious super cheap tacos with a smile. Check out their breakfast tacos for just $1.00 or $1.50 for you late risers (after 11am).
A Plus Apartments Card
Looking for a grocery store shopping experience that's a touch exotic? HEB Riverside has an aquas fresca stand in the store, a meat area that's modeled on a Spanish carnicería (meat market), and of course all the usual stuff you'd expect from an HEB. It's also an HEB Plus, so you can buy dog beds, baby clothes, furniture, and all kinds of assorted treasures you usually don't find at your local grocery store.
To keep in shape, the East Riverside-Oltorf Neighborhood offers the Hike and Bike Trail along Lady Bird Lake, which will soon be connected to the west side of the trail without leaving the shore via the amazing boardwalk, currently being built. Paddle Zen is located behind Amli South Shore on Lake Bird Lake and offers stand up paddle boarding, so you can experience the beauty of the lake while keeping in shape!
Welcome to the '41, your new home!
Try it out for yourself :)
The Mabel Davis District Park south of Oltorf reopened in 2005 after a $6 million restoration, with new picnic sites, trails, and a swimming pool. The area is also home to the Riverside Golf Course, formerly Austin Country Club, a public golf course which opened in 1950. Native Austinites Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw earned their stripes here before going on to the PGA Tour.
They will have access to the entire 1st floor. Clothing and personal items will be off limits.
Interaction with guests
Feel free to ask any question you may have!
Liability Waiver: If you decide to stay here, you assume responsibility for yourself and your guests for personal injury and property loss/damage. You agree to indemnify/hold harmless the homeowner/host from any loss, liability, damage or cost incurred by you or your guests related to your stay at this property. By agreeing to stay here, you are giving up any rights to bring a legal action or assert a claim against the tenant/landlord/ property management.
1. The Homeowner/Host is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
2. No refunds will be given for storms. We do not refund due to road conditions.
3. Illegal substances are prohibited and grounds for immediate eviction.
4. Homeowner/Host is not liable or responsible for personal items left behind, lost or stolen. If you leave an item after checking out and wish to have it returned, call Homeowner/Host as soon as possible and, if found, arrangements for shipment will be made. Any shipping cost will be reimbursed to the Homeowner/Host by the guest.
5. A lien may not be placed on the property.
6. Central Texas has been experiencing an "historic epic" drought and is still in an extreme drought, please conserve water. Guest is not to use the water for unreasonable amounts of time. Bathing must be conducted in a reasonable time frame. Please limit your showers to 5 minutes. Thanks!
7. The person who holds the reservation assumes sole responsibility for the other guests included in their reservation and their adherence to the House Rules.
8. Rate includes 15% state and local hotel taxes for stays shorter than 30 days. Such taxes are included in the nightly rate.
9. Please note that, my home is not child/infant proof nor was it designed or decorated with children or infants in mind. We expect that the home and its contents will be left in the same condition as you found it so please use your own best judgment when deciding if this is the right place for you and your little ones.
10. No “Event(s)" of any kind are permitted on the property, without express written authorization from the Homeowner/Host. This room rental is for accommodations only and does not extend to “Events". “Events" include, but are not limited to weddings, meetings, parties of any kind, photo/film shoots, concerts/music/art hosted or performed on the premises or any other form of entertainment, commercial or private engagement held on the premises, etc.
11. This is not just a rental, it is our home so we ask that you please leave it as you found it,
12. No smoking or "surprise" guest are allowed.