About this listing
Cozy bedroom with queen bed, lg bay window, mirror closet doors, coffee-maker, microwave & two chairs off beautiful courtyard in upscale, eco-friendly Spanish-design home. Entrance is off the courtyard after you enter main house. Only drawback is bathroom is also off the courtyard, about 12 steps away, and is shared occasionally, altho you will have your own private towels. Wifi works well and is no extra charge.
We are looking for quiet, considerate guest(s) who just need a nice, clean, & friendly place to land while visiting Yosemite (30 mi away), Bass Lake (25 mi away), and/or Fresno, 30 mi away to the South. We have lots of maps and brochures available to help you plan your Yosemite adventure, and I will be happy to go over them with you so you don't miss anything important. However, please do not ask me to give directions on your entire trip here. For best results, use a map.
This home is easy to find in the daytime, just 1 mi. off Hwy. 41 (which is on the way to Yosemite). You will see a lot of wildlife here - hummingbirds, quail, woodpeckers, blue jays, hooting owls at night, deer, squirrels & rabbits - and golden eagles. There are also cats who are not allowed in guest quarters and there are air purifiers available if you are extremely allergic, but please note they DO live here. People who are ok with my pets may have full use of the kitchen -- refrigerator, utensils/pans/dishes, stovetop range, etc., to cook and prepare your food betw. the hours of 8 am - 8 pm, as long as you clean up after yourselves and don't bang around the pots and pans. Be sure to bring food with you as there are not grocery stores nearby. There is also complimentary coffee or tea in your room, and you are welcome to sit at the dining table in the dining room or the breakfast nook in the kitchen, or out at the table under the umbrella next to the fountain in the courtyard, or one of the umbrella tables outside the house.
We tend to be warm and friendly hosts who owns this hacienda and live here, andat least one of us will usually be here during your stay. Just know there are other guests here & everyone (usually) keeps a low volume presence.
Smoking is permitted in designated outdoor areas only.
IMPORTANT! There are 3 other listings so please check them out, too. They are much bigger. Also, in keeping with the quiet, park-like surroundings, people with small children are welcome to book the Casita, which has a living room, kitchen, bath w/shower, one bedroom with a queen-sized bed, and two double futons in the living room, a fenced backyard and nice deck, and is well away from the main house.
* Extra-lg BR w/Priv. Entrance 30 mi/Yos
* Quiet & Private Casita w/Large Deck
* Upstairs Treetop Studio
IMPORTANT: Please use the Instant Book feature on my listings to ensure other people don't make a reversation before you do. If the dates you want show as available on the airbnb calendar then don't lose out--just Book It! We do not use any listing service except Airbnb so their calendar is always correct and current.
Interaction with Guests
If you are interested in going over the Yosemite maps with either Michael or I so you don't miss any important things to see and do, you are welcome to come down to the main house and ring the bell at our real front door which is midway down the right side of the house, past the stairs. One of us will be available by appointment between the hours of 9:30 am - 8:30 pm. Please call or email to set this up and if it turns out that you don't have time to do this please call or email us to cancel the appointment.
This neighborhood is very rural and very safe. It offers a large assortment of wildlife, including an abundance of Golden Eagles! Many guests say they see more wildlife here than they do in Yosemite :-)
This is the country. There is no public transportation available so you will need to bring your car or rent one. There is plenty of room on the property for parking.
Other Things to Note
PLUMBING ALERT! Please do not put anything in the toilets except toilet paper or you will clog the plumbing. There are wastecans in every bathroom -- please use them.
1. We are looking for quiet, easygoing, and friendly people who are not coming and going late at night, and do not mind the cats.
2. Please drive slowly on the property and watch for wildlife.
3. Please clean up after yourselves and be respectful of the house, animals, property, and friendly with other guests. Understand this is a working household and not a huge noisy hotel maintained to perfection with staff, thanks!
4. Note this room can only hold 2 people max.
5. Please be energy conscious and do not leave heaters, fans, air conditioners, or lights on, or windows and doors open when you are not home. Thanks!
6. Because of the serious drought in California, please help conserve water by taking short showers, shutting off faucets all the way, and shutting off faucets when brushing your teeth.
7. Please do not send me long emails with many questions several times before you get here. Once you have a confirmed reservation then call me (California time) after 10 am or before 6 pm with your questions. Remember, we are very busy during the summer season and our time is limited. As for Yosemite info, I or Michael will be happy to go over it with you after you arrive, not before.
8. No unpaid guests are allowed on the property.
9. For this Courtyard Room, late arrivals after 9 pm are discouraged. There is no one who is going to wait up late at night for you so if you are planning to arrive after 10 pm please book another one of our rooms that has its own entrance.
10. When you make your reservation be sure to give an honest guest count, including children of any age. Anyone trying to sneak extra people in will be confronted with the full wrath of my Irish temper, asked to leave immediately, and also reported to Airbnb! Children of ANY age count as a human being and must be added as guests -- there are no exceptions so please do not ask.
About the Host, Ginger
I am a native Californian and semiretired grandmother formerly from Santa Barbara, San Diego, and the Bay Area. I have been living in the beautiful Sierra foothills for over 14 years now. Having been self-employed most of my life in various businesses, including publishing, graphic arts, and real estate, my true love is music and I have had my own rock 'n roll bands (many years ago, sigh).
Now I am an Airbnb host and enjoy meeting friendly, intelligent, and good-humored people from most parts of this planet who don't mind my cats:-)
I plan to do some traveling to Europe this summer, and if I'm not here when you visit, then Michael, my co-host, also from a musical background, will be your on-site host to take care of guests and can also go over the maps of Yosemite with you so you don't miss anything important!