About this listing
La Cala de Mijas is a beautiful, historic town in Mijas Costa, Costa del Sol in southern Spain. Our holiday rental home is just a short walk to the beach, restaurants, pubs, stores, and golf. Enjoy the 2 saltwater pools, or relax in your private Spa.
Welcome to our spacious, modern, 3 bedroom, 2nd floor apartment in historic La Cala de Mijas. On arrival through either the electronic gates, or the main foyer clad in granite and marble, you know you have arrived at something very special. The apartment has excellent sea views and benefits from many glorious sun kissed hours, due to its southern exposure. Relax and dine in the ample terrace, watching the sunset followed by a soothing Jacuzzi with a glass of local Rioja, or for the more energetic a brisk evening walk in the tranquil, subtropical gardens in this securely gated community.
The apartment is ideal for families with the small town of La Cala de Mijas and the beach within walking distance. Golfers will be hard pushed to visit all 9 local golf courses, and for walkers and rambler’s Mijas has some of the most stunning scenery and walks that you will find in Europe, and best of all, the trails are deserted and easy to access.
No need to worry about parking as you have a designated space in the secure, underground parking area, with direct access to the apartment floor via a lift. There is also street-level parking for additional cars. Security is also paramount and a discreet 24hr patrol service is provided. The apartment also has a video entry system for additional security.
For our guests pleasure and convenience the following are Included at no additional cost:
• High speed Wireless DSL Internet
• Access to the 2 outdoor swimming pools
• Heated private Jacuzzi/Hot tub
• A fixed safe for your passports and valuables
• Baby and toddler friendly features (see below), pool and beach toys for the kids
• A pair of bicycles for your exploration of this magnificent coastal region.
Size: Sleeps up to 9, 3 bedrooms
Nearest beach: La Cala de Mijas, 700m
Will consider: Corporate lets
Hen and stag parties
Access: Car not necessary
Lift access to property
Nearest amenities: 300m
Family friendly? Suitable for children of all ages
Suitable for people with restricted mobility
Notes: May take pets - please enquire
No smoking at this property
Further details indoors:
The apartment has everything you would expect in your own home, and is not furnished for the rental market as we class this as our second home. The apartment benefits from integrated air conditioning, (both heating and cooling) for those who require a cooler atmosphere in the evening. The glass curtains also supply a cooling breeze throughout the whole apartment when opened.
The first room on entering the apartment is the extensively stocked kitchen, ideal for those of us who love cooking. Everything is supplied from a Lemon squeezer to the 8 place dinner service. All appliances are top of the range brands and include a Double oven and hob, large fridge freezer, microwave, dishwasher and a washer/dryer. A small breakfast bar with seating offers a relaxing conversation area to hang out and chat with a drink while the food is prepared & cooked.
Straight ahead through the brightly lit hall area is the open plan dining and living room. The living room has everything you need to entertain your friends and family, with a 42" HD TV, superb sound system, Playstation 3 for the kids and adults alike, as well as a Bluray DVD player with a selection of popular DVDs. The apartment also has SKY Satellite receiver with a full range of channels. Additionally there are board games, cards, and a good selection of books. The living room also has a very comfortable sofa-bed that can comfortably sleep two.
On your left is a bedroom with a garden view window, large sliding wardrobe, a unique combination of queen size bunk beds. Any kids will love this room and you will have no trouble getting them to bed. Conveniently next door is a bathroom with WC, sink unit and a marble shower enclosure with ample hot water (a novelty in Spain).
Ahead to your left is the contemporary master bedroom, with double sliding wardrobes, incorporating a safe, a very comfortable double bed complete with memory foam mattress, and patio doors leading directly to the balcony. This room also benefits from its own en-suite master bathroom, enjoying a double opulent marble sink, and a candle-lined tub, to relax, drift away and reflect on your day.
Accessed from either the master bedroom or the living room is the ample 35 square meter terrace/balcony. A portion of the terrace is enclosed with fold-away glass walls letting light flood into the area and offering the possibility of various room combinations depending on your mood and needs. This area houses the large outdoor dining table for 8, giving you the option of Al fresco or indoor dining. The balcony also houses the optional 3rd bedroom (sofa-bed for 2 with glass and heavy curtain walls), which can also be enjoyed as a day-room away from the direct daytime sun. The terrace features a top of the range, private hot tub/Jacuzzi, out of view from the rest of the units, for a more private experience where you can enjoy a bottle of the local wine, while watching the last of the sun's rays fade over the sea and mountains.
Further details outdoors:
The apartment is located on the 2st floor, above the garden apartment, or what is referred to as the 3nd floor in Northern Europe and the US. The 35 square meter balcony/terrace has a large section enclosed with a glass wall, that can easily be slid to one side, to open the entire area up to the sun. For the winter evenings, the glass can be put in place, and the terrace be fully enjoyed, with heaters, if necessary.
The private Jacuzzi is located on the terrace, out of view from the rest of the units, for a more private experience.
You will have access to the entire apartment, the two saltwater swimming pools, your own parking spot in the secure garage, as well as our storage room in the garage area.
Interaction with Guests
We do most of our interaction via email and phone. When you actually get to the apartment you will meet with our onsite manager, Sally, who is awesome. She gives you the keys, garage opener and explains how hows like the TV and Jacuzzi work, as well as giving you recommendations for place to see and restaurants to eat at.
I love that it is so easy to get around from our holiday rental home in La Cala de Mijas. You can walk 200 meters down the street to the grocery store, the local bar, a nice cafe and many restaurants. The town has kept its Spanish charm, with authentic restaurants, old world architecture, watch towers and more. The beach is also amazing, and just 8 minutes walk away. On the way there, stop by the local bakery and pick up some food for the day.
You can get to and from the apartment very easily by public transportation. Malaga airport is just 20 minutes away by car, taxi or transfer (English for pickup shuttle service). It takes about an hour do take the same trip by public transportation. The train station is right at the airport, so no walking around trying to find the right place. We've even made a guide for our guests so you can feel 100% confident in navigating your way around without a GPS or a native. However, I do recommend the GPS for traveling inland, as street signs seem to be a luxury not always awarded the smaller streets in town.
Other Things to Note
The Jacuzzi is an amazing place to spend the end of an evening. Whether the outside is hot or cold, the Jacuzzi massage always feels relaxing.
No Smoking. Must have fun!
• When entering or leaving, please ensure that doors to your block, the garage and gates to the street are correctly closed for the security of the Community and its owners and tenants. (this is also mandatory with respect to fire regulations)
• It is not permitted at any time of night or day to have music systems, televisions, radios etc. at high volume. Also it is not permitted, between the hours of 23.00 p.m. and 10.00 a.m. and 14.00 p.m. and 17.00 p.m. to indulge in any activities that produce noise and nuisance to other neighbours, (parties on terraces, shouting, slamming of internal and apartment doors etc.) to ensure respect of the above rest times.
• Owners of pets must act in a responsible manner and abide by the following rules:-
• Animals must be on a lead.
• Under no circumstances may they be loose in public areas.
• Owners are obliged to remove their pet excrement and place in bins
• Animals that live in an apartment should never cause annoyance to neighbours
• It is not permitted to pass through areas not intended for public access
• Children’s games should only be played in areas designated for this purpose
• Damage caused in the Community by owners, their children, friends or tenants will be the responsibility of the owner
• The pool areas will be open from 10.00 a.m. until 22.00 p.m.
• When accessing and returning from the pools to communal areas (hallways, corridors, lifts etc.) the correct footwear must be worn - it is totally forbidden to enter these areas with wet feet and without the correct footwear - failure to do so causes dirt and potential serious accidents -marble floors are extremely dangerous when wet
• Absolutely no glass or bottles are permitted at the pool areas
• Please do not damage the grass around the pool areas with umbrellas or other sharp objects - umbrellas are provided
• It is mandatory to shower before using the pool - please ensure the shower is turned off
• Correct swimwear should be worn in the pool including babies who should have suitable nappies for bathing
• It is strictly forbidden to swim in the pool in normal clothing, with the exception of t-shirts for the protection of childrens’ skin from the sun
• Children may not remain in the pool areas unaccompanied by an adult
• Do not leave personal items in or around the pool areas as the grass watering system may be affected.
• Please abide by the rules on the noticeboards at the pool areas - these are to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment
• Inhabitants of the first floor and upwards should take care when cleaning their terraces and ensure that no water falls onto the terraces of neighbours below
• It is strictly forbidden to hang washing, carpets and towels over the railings of terraces and gardens
• It is not permitted to place objects or signs on the facades which create a change to the architectural aspect of the building
• Walkways and communal areas must be totally unobstructed at all times
• Cigarette butts and other rubbish must not be discarded either on the grass or internal walkways. Please use the correct ash trays and bins
• It is not permitted to leave rubbish bags in communal areas
• Toldos awnings are permitted, but only in the specified material. No toldos frameworks will be allowed if they detract or in any way affect the existing architecture of the development
• Glass curtains are permitted to enclose the covered areas of terraces. Where possible they should be sited behind existing pillars or facades, and certainly no further forward than the middle of pillars - In case of doubt, please take advice from the President of the Community
• No structural changes should be made to any terrace area without the consent of the Community
• Do not park vehicles in garage spaces that you do not own
• It is not permitted to park motorcycles, bicycles etc. within the entrance hall or other walkways
• Owners who rent their apartments are required to report in writing these rules as an annex to the lease agreement, pledging compliance and this should be signed by the tenant and sent to the Administrators
• In matters not covered under these rules, the Horizontal Property Law and other relevant laws will apply. Each owner will be obliged to inform the Administrator who the tenant is, if not this will incur loss of the right to use the communal areas.
a) The first offence to the rules of the Community will lead to an initial simple reprimand
b) The second failure will be a second caution with the private warning that may result in the loss of the use of services or common elements within a given timescale
c) The third failure will result in the loss of the use of services or common elements without prejudice that the matter could be taken to a General Meeting and regardless of repairing economic damage and the actions relevant to Article 19 of the Horizontal Property Law
These Community Rules are in place to ensure respect between owners and tenants with
regard to cleanliness and good order in what is an extremely pleasant development.
Owners who rent their apartments are asked to display a set of these rules within their
apartment and ensure that tenants and holidaymakers read and understand the
Community’s objectives. In this way we can achieve these aims and ensure that everyone
enjoys our Community.
The first night we had to find a hotel, because when we arrived there was nobody to let us in. The owners of the apartment are from the USA and there is a local woman who has the keys. We couldn't reach her at 2 different numbers. So for the first night we had to find an hotel ourselves (it was around 0.30 at night!). What a bad experience. The morning after we finally got the keys. The apartment was big and has everything to offer. The apartment wasn't clean. We found 2 dead cockroaches on the floor.
We don't know what happened the first night, the local woman told us her phone was stolen, she took a sleeping pill and that's why she couldn't heard the phone. Strange story, because they knew we were coming.
AirBnB did well to contact me and refund all the costs we made. So when we look back....
This apartment: NO!
We had a lovely time in this apartment, it really includes everything you wish for and everything is organized perfectly.
We had just a wonderful time in this flat with our whole family. From the little 3 year old girl to grandmum and granddad. Contact person was perfectly on time and with help of a small movie send by Sophie with "who to get from airport to the apartment" we really found the place at first time. Chocolate and a bottle of wine as present was a very detail. The apartment has every comfort for a real mum. Kids get quick dirty from playing outside and the washing mashing with dryer was excellent. Thank you very much for this great time. We really recommend this place!
We had a great stay at Sophie and Einar's place! They know how to give a warm welcome at this nice, cosy and clear apartment. Everything was perfect. The property is exactly as described...
Great holidays and vacation rental.
Our local hosts, Chris & Gloria, are very wonderful people.
Sophie did well along the reservation process.
Thank you all.
We'll love to come back again in Costa Mijas at your home location.
J.Jacques & Family.
This host has 8 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews