About this listing
Located on second floor of modern apartment building in Fitzroy, with great natural light and lots of space we've a large bedroom and own bathroom available.
YOUR OWN BEDROOM AND BATHROOM:
- One large bedroom available for one or two adults with a comfortable double bed, sofa, desk and built-in-robes.
- Own full-sized bathroom with shower, toilet and bath.
- All bedding and towels provided.
You have access to the entire apartment except for our bedroom and ensuite.
- Breakfast options include homemade muesli, toast and homemade spreads, fruit and tea and coffee (French press) are included.
- Free Wi-Fi wireless broadband internet
- Spacious open plan living and dining area with TV, DVD player, stereo and a wide range of books and magazines to read.
- A fully equipped kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel Blanco oven, cooktop, rangehood and dishwasher, and a microwave oven.
- Large plant-filled terrace with table and chairs and barbeque.
- Laundry with front loading washing machine and clothes airers.
Interaction with Guests
We're happy to leave you to your own devices but are usually around in the mornings/evenings if you want a chat.
We're also always available if you want suggestions for places to eat and drink or for things to see or do around the Inner North and Melbourne/Victoria more generally.
- Close to the action: it's three minutes from Brunswick Street, Fitzroy and five minutes from Smith Street, Collingwood with an endless array of cafes, restaurants, bars, and shopping.
- Right near Melbourne's best 50m outdoor heated pool (and gym) at Fitzroy Swimming Pool (open 7 days), close to Edinburgh Gardens, and a short walk to cafes and shopping of St Georges Road, North Fitzroy and Queens Parade, Clifton Hill.
- Unlimited and unmetered onstreet parking right outside the apartment, close to two trams (routes 86 and 112), and multiple by the hour rental cars less than five minutes away.
- 10-15 minute walk to train station.
- Plenty of safe bike routes around Fitzroy, to the city and to other nearby suburbs.
- Direct access to airport buses for Melbourne Airport, and interstate trains and buses by catching 112 tram between Southern Cross Station and Fitzroy.
Other Things to Note
THINGS TO SEE AND DO:
- Five great local pubs within a 5-minute walk that serve meals and more than 10 less than 15-minutes away.
- The location is great for exploring the city, the inner northern suburbs of Fitzroy, Collingwood, Carlton, Fitzroy North, and Brunswick, as well as Abbotsford, Parkville, Richmond and North Melbourne.
- A short tram ride from the live music mecca of Northcote and Thornbury.
- Close to Merri Creek bike trail, part of the Capital City Trail that loops the city centre, through Docklands and the inner northern suburbs before following the Yarra River back into the city.
- Plenty of great bookstores nearby - Brunswick Street Books, Polyester Books and Music, and Grub Street Bookshop (Fitzroy), Title and Books for Cooks (Gertrude St), and Readings (Carlton).
- a 15 minute stroll to the UNESCO World Heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens (and adjacent Melbourne Museum).
It's pretty relaxed here - there's just a few things we ask of guests: no smoking indoors, no pets and no kids.
We live with as small a footprint as possible and take some steps around the home to help achieve that: recycling, and minimising energy consumption and water usage, etc. You're welcome to join in.
From Dec 01, 2015 - Feb 28, 2016 the minimum stay is 3 nights.