Located on second floor of modern apartment building in Fitzroy, with great natural light and lots of space I've a large bedroom and own bathroom available.
YOUR OWN BEDROOM AND BATHROOM:
- One large bedroom available for one or two adults with a comfortable double bed, sofa, desk and built-in-robes.
- Own full-sized bathroom with shower, toilet and bath.
- All bedding and towels provided.
- Breakfast options include homemade muesli, toast and homemade spreads, fruit and tea and coffee (French press) are included.
- Free wireless broadband internet (Wi-Fi)
- Spacious open plan living and dining area with TV, DVD player, stereo and a wide range of books and magazines to read.
- A fully equipped kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel Blanco oven, cooktop, rangehood and dishwasher, and a microwave oven.
- Large plant-filled terrace with table and chairs and barbeque.
- Laundry with front loading washing machine and clothes airers.
- Close to the action: it's three minutes from Brunswick Street, Fitzroy and five minutes from Smith Street, Collingwood with an endless array of cafes, restaurants, bars, and shopping.
- Right near Melbourne's best 50m outdoor heated pool (and gym) at Fitzroy Swimming Pool (open 7 days), close to Edinburgh Gardens, and a short walk to cafes and shopping of St Georges Road, North Fitzroy and Queens Parade, Clifton Hill.
- Unlimited and unmetered onstreet parking, close to two trams (routes 86 and 112), and multiple by the hour rental cars less than five minutes away.
- 10-15 minute walk to train station.
- Plenty of safe bike routes around Fitzroy, to the city and to other nearby suburbs.
- Direct access to airport buses for Melbourne Airport, and interstate trains and buses by catching 112 tram between Southern Cross Station and Fitzroy.
THINGS TO SEE AND DO:
- Five great local pubs within a 5-minute walk and more than 10 less than 15-minutes away.
- The location is great for exploring the city, the inner northern suburbs of Fitzroy, Collingwood, Carlton, Fitzroy North, and Brunswick, as well as Abbotsford, Parkville, Richmond and North Melbourne.
- A short tram ride from the live music mecca of Northcote and Thornbury.
- Close to Merri Creek bike trail, part of the Capital City Trail that loops the city centre, through Docklands and the inner northern suburbs before following the Yarra River back into the city.
- Plenty of great bookstores nearby - Brunswick Street Books and Polyester Books and Music (Fitzroy), Title and Books for Cooks (Gertrude St), Readings (Carlton) and Ritual Music and Books (Fitzroy North).
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$9 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$442 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1349 /month|
A great place to stay. Toby was a good host. All was as described.
Toby is a great host - very friendly, happy to help with any questions about Melbourne and has also prepared in such a way to ensure the flat is very comfortable for his guests. He is happy to keep to himself and do his own thing, or chat to you if he is around in the evenings.
The flat itself is great. Located a short walk from the 11 or 112 tram that heads down Brunswick street into town, it was ideal for us in the first few days in Melbourne.
The bed is super comfy and comes with its own private bathroom, which was nice and clean for us to use.
Toby also provides stuff for breakfasts and coffee/tea, which is great if you are needing to refuel before you head out. I would strongly recommend you stay in Toby's flat if you want to explore Melbourne.
The apartment is lovely and in a fantastic location. Toby is great and a very considerate host. Highly recommend.
Toby was a perfect host who made us feel very welcome, he was very knowledgeable on the area, happy to spend time talking, yet gave us our own space. We felt very comfortable and at home. Bed was extremely comfortable with plenty of storage for clothes etc, own bathroom was a big plus! Great location, easy access to CBD either on foot or by tram.Plenty of good bars and restaurants on the doorstep.Fantastic home made muesli with breads, jams and fruit for breakfast.Washing machine available to use as were cooking facilities if needed.We were so pleased with out choice of host and accommodation, would definitely recommend staying with Toby.If we return to Melbourne we would stay again.Thanks Toby for helping to make our trip a memorable one!
Toby's place is an absolute delight! Clean functional and very well located. Close enough to the action without being on top of it. Great access to public transport (and the bike and car share program)!
The apartment is very tastefully decorated and Toby is the perfect host. Check in and check out was seamless. Thank you for having me!
We had a great stay at Toby's place. It was a really comfortable room, nice apartment, and the location was great. Toby was very conscientious, and gave us great advice - we had many questions. We would definitely recommend staying with Toby.
Toby is an easy going person. He helped me settle in and took the time to give me advice about local transport, good places to walk and to listen to live music. He is a very intelligent guy who will have an interesting conversation if you want one, but otherwise give you lots of space. He was a helpful but unobtrusive host.
The apartment is in a quiet but convenient location, just a few minutes walk from Brunswick Street with so many great cafes, restaurants and bars.
Toby's apartment is very clean and comfortable, and guests have their own bathroom next door to their bedroom.
I had a great time there and fully recommend staying with Toby.
Toby's apartment is absolutely wonderful. It's modern, clean, very comfortable, and decorated with impeccable artsy style. It's like a home away from home - and Toby does such a great job of making you feel "at home." Whether you need tips on what to do or just want your privacy so you can go about your visit to Melbourne on your own, Toby is your man.
But let's be honest, why would you want to keep to yourself? Toby is so incredibly friendly, down-to-earth, and hospitable – you'd really be missing out if you didn't at least make an attempt to strike up a conversation with him. He's super interesting and really quite the conversationalist. And if you're into outdoor activities, he can certainly point you in the right direction!
Now back to the apartment... The bed is 100x more comfortable than anything you'll find in a hotel. The pillows were AMAZING! Honestly, I slept like a baby every night. So darn comfortable! You get a huge bathroom that comes along with it, filled with some of the best-smelling (and organic) bath products you'll ever use! And the rest of the apartment - kitchen, living room, etc. – are equally wonderful!
As for the neighborhood... The apartment is conveniently located just north of Brunswick Street, the main business district of the urban, hipster, and truly artsy Fitzroy inner suburb. You literally have TONS of restaurants, shops, cafes (OMG!, the best coffee ever!), and bars within a short walk. And if you want to venture to the CBD, it's a quick tram ride or a 45-minute walk (which helps burn off some calories from all the delicious food found in this city).
All in all, you really couldn't ask for a better combination of amazing host, amazing apartment, and amazing neighborhood for such an incredible price. My stay in Melbourne wouldn't have been the same if I hadn't stayed at Toby's – and I am so grateful he opened up his home to me in such a warm, friendly way. I really wish I would have been able to stay longer...
So stay with Toby, you definitely won't be disappointed!
My husband and I stayed with Toby for three nights while traveling through Melbourne. The apartment was clean, stylish, and comfortable. The location was excellent - so many restaurants and boutiques right on your doorstep, and a tram stop just one block away. Toby also had some great things for us for breakfast, including some delicious homemade marmalade (yum!) The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom well appointed with eco-friendly products provided. A great place to stay!
We really enjoyed our stay with Toby, who is a thoroughly likable person. He set a great balance between being accessible, helpful and friendly, and leaving us to come and go and do our own thing exploring Melbourne and meeting up with relatives for Christmas. He went out of his way to make us feel welcome and his apartment is beautifully set up, immaculately clean and very, very comfortable. It's also very close to tram routes and in a great part of Fitzroy North. Toby is well-read and has a very wide range of interests and we ended up having some interesting conversations, particularly about sustainability, cycling and design. Breakfasts were great with lovely fresh fruit, yoghurt and home-made muesli. Toby is addicted to cooking and we enjoyed watching the mass production of wonderful homemade marmalade, shortbread and Christmas cake, all ready for Christmas gifts. A thoroughly nice host we'd recommend without hesitation. Thanks Toby!