About This Listing
Located on second floor of modern apartment building in Fitzroy, with great natural light and lots of space we've a large bedroom and own bathroom available.
YOUR OWN BEDROOM AND BATHROOM:
- One large bedroom available for one or two adults with a comfortable double bed, sofa, desk and built-in-robes.
- Own full-sized bathroom with shower, toilet and bath.
- All bedding and towels provided.
You have access to the entire apartment except for our bedroom and ensuite.
- Breakfast options include homemade muesli, toast and homemade spreads, fruit and tea and coffee (French press) are included.
- Free Wi-Fi wireless broadband internet
- Spacious open plan living and dining area with TV, DVD player, stereo and a wide range of books and magazines to read.
- A fully equipped kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel Blanco oven, cooktop, rangehood and dishwasher, and a microwave oven.
- Large plant-filled terrace with table and chairs and barbeque.
- Laundry with front loading washing machine and clothes airers.
Interaction with Guests
We're happy to leave you to your own devices but are usually around in the mornings/evenings if you want a chat.
We're also always available if you want suggestions for places to eat and drink or for things to see or do around the Inner North and Melbourne/Victoria more generally.
- Close to the action: it's three minutes from Brunswick Street, Fitzroy and five minutes from Smith Street, Collingwood with an endless array of cafes, restaurants, bars, and shopping.
- Right near Melbourne's best 50m outdoor heated pool (and gym) at Fitzroy Swimming Pool (open 7 days), close to Edinburgh Gardens, and a short walk to cafes and shopping of St Georges Road, North Fitzroy and Queens Parade, Clifton Hill.
- Unlimited and unmetered onstreet parking right outside the apartment, close to two trams (routes 86 and 112), and multiple by the hour rental cars less than five minutes away.
- 10-15 minute walk to train station.
- Plenty of safe bike routes around Fitzroy, to the city and to other nearby suburbs.
- Direct access to airport buses for Melbourne Airport, and interstate trains and buses by catching 112 tram between Southern Cross Station and Fitzroy.
Other Things to Note
THINGS TO SEE AND DO:
- Five great local pubs within a 5-minute walk that serve meals and more than 10 less than 15-minutes away.
- The location is great for exploring the city, the inner northern suburbs of Fitzroy, Collingwood, Carlton, Fitzroy North, and Brunswick, as well as Abbotsford, Parkville, Richmond and North Melbourne.
- A short tram ride from the live music mecca of Northcote and Thornbury.
- Close to Merri Creek bike trail, part of the Capital City Trail that loops the city centre, through Docklands and the inner northern suburbs before following the Yarra River back into the city.
- Plenty of great bookstores nearby - Brunswick Street Books, Polyester Books and Music, and Grub Street Bookshop (Fitzroy), Title and Books for Cooks (Gertrude St), and Readings (Carlton).
- a 15 minute stroll to the UNESCO World Heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens (and adjacent Melbourne Museum).
It's pretty relaxed here - there's just a few things we ask of guests: no smoking indoors, no pets and no kids.
We live with as small a footprint as possible and take some steps around the home to help achieve that: recycling, and minimising energy consumption and water usage, etc. You're welcome to join in.
Thank you Toby and Matt for welcoming us into your home. The beds and pillows were comfortable and warm. Sooo quiet at night and so close to several shops and tram stops. The closet had a great place for hanging and storing clothes. It is very safe and secure around the apt and in the apt.
Toby & Matt are great hosts, they warmly welcomed me into their home. Our stay was comfortable and relaxed, they were so friendly and their apartment is so spacious and tidy, we had a great time and really enjoyed our stay.
I stayed with Toby and Matt for over a week and had a great stay. Toby kept in touch with me by text and welcomed me to their home which is in a great location near the city and near to several tram lines (86, 11, 96). The room is large, the bed comfortable and there is a place to sit and work, a sofa and your own bathroom. Breakfast and bathroom necessities are provided.
I had many wide-ranging conversations with Toby and also with Matt. They are nice, interesting people, were welcoming and I would definitely stay with them again should I return to Melbourne.
practically speaking, this is a great apartment- conveniently located for 3 different tram lines, a supermarket 5 mins walk away, a large bedroom with lots of storage and a great bathroom with a super shower.
over and above all that, toby and matt are interesting, fun and great hosts. we invaded their home for a full month, and always felt at ease and comfortable, and very welcome. we travel a lot and stay at all sorts of different places world wide, and this is definitely in our top 5.
Fantastic apartment in the quirkiest part of melbourne, loved our experience. Matt and Toby were so friendly and welcoming and really made us feel like we were at home. Gave us so many places to try and we had the best time. We will definitely be back to melbourne and look forward to staying again :)
We enjoyed staying at Toby and Matt. Nice people with modern flat, convenient location to Brunswick street, clean room, own bathroom, very comfy bed... highly recommend this place for visiting Melbourne.
We were as happy during our second stay with Toby and Matt as we were during our first. They are friendly and helpful, and their preparations show a lot of thought about traveler's needs. We highly recommend them.
About the Host, Toby&Matt
We're just two guys living in the inner north of Melbourne.
Love being in Fitzroy. One a chef (doesn't work late nights) and studies part-time, and the other a business owner. We cook, read, spend time with friends and family, and go to bars, pubs and gigs. We enjoy cinema, music and dogs (but don't have one).
We keep fit with running, riding and swimming. And get away hiking, scuba diving and cross-country skiing whenever we can and generally try to keep outta trouble.
Classic Melbourne pub, with many beers on tap, straightforward pub grub and several TVs to watch the football, cricket or whichever sport is currently on.Napier Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
Large open space park with plenty of grass and huge elms and gums to sit in the shade of on a sunny day. The park is especially packed on Saturday and Sunday afternoons over the summer.Alfred Crescent Fitzroy North Victoria 3068
Independent record store with a good range of vinyl and CDs. They also sell event tickets.Brunswick Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
Good for coffee, breakfast, lunch and sweet things. The rear courtyard is perfect for a sunny day.George Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
Good coffee, a great place for breakfast and for sitting inside on a cold day.Napier Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
Popular Fitzroy pub with plenty of beers on tap and live music Mon, Wed and Fri to Sun. Quality meals in the bar, the upstairs dining room and on the rooftop terrace nightly and for weekend lunches.George Street Melbourne VIC 3065
Great independent bookseller well known for alternative and subculture titles.Brunswick Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
Iconic Fitzroy coffee house, they also do great breakfasts and lunches and their cakes are worth the indulgence. They roast their own coffee on site.Brunswick Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
Local supermarket thats a Melbourne icon with a broad range of fresh meat, fish, fruit and vegetables. Piedimontes has an excellent range of cheeses and Italian foods. Open until 9pm daily.Best St Fitzroy North VIC 3068
Dench Bakers has been a regular haunt of mine since early 2005 when its pastries and coffee became a welcome distraction from study. Definitely worth staying for a meal and picking up some bread too.Scotchmer St Fitzroy North VIC 3065
One of the best pubs in Melbourne, a personal favourite. Lots of beer on tap, a good wine list and an excellent menu for lunch and dinner daily. Check out the specials board and the beer garden too.Napier Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
Whether youre (email hidden) or the dining room, The Panama is worth trying - nice relaxed atmosphere, great food and service.3 Fitzroy VIC 3065
Modern Asian restaurant in amongst eat street precinct of Smith Street. High quality ingredients with good range of flavours - definitley not to be missed.Smith Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
A good local pub, with live music and always packed on the weekends. It has a great covered beer garden upstairs too.Brunswick Street Fitzroy VIC 3065
Tiamo and the adjoining Tiamo2 are an institution of Melbournes Little Italy. Good honest Italian fare that goes well with the house wine carafes. If its busy you may have to wait to be seated.Lygon Street Carlton VIC 3053
The Denton Corker Marshall designed complex is spectacular. The permanent collection broad and the travelling exhibitions always interesting. Theres also an Imax theatre. Not to be missed.Carlton VIC 3053
A great place to grab a meal, a coffee or a loaf of bread at the wood fired bakery onsite. Wander around the historic gardens and buildings or the farmers market on the fourth Saturday every month.St Heliers Street Melbourne VIC 3067
Vintage bikes can be hired by the day or by the week. They can also be collected from the Rose Street Artist Market, off Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. More details at (website hidden)Exhibition Street Melbourne VIC 3000
CERES is good to spend a morning or an afternoon. With an organic foodstore (and market Wed, Fri and Sat), the Organic Cafe and Merri Table Bar restaurant and open space you can really relax.Brunswick East VIC 3057
NGV Australia at Federation Square opened in 2002 with the premier Australian art collection - including Indigenous Australian art. Free entry to permanent collection. Open 10-5, closed Mondays.Cnr Russell & Flinders Sts Melbourne CBD Victoria 3000
NGV International on St Kilda Rd was founded in 1861. It has a pre-eminent collection of international art, ceramics and design. Free entry to permanent collection. Open 10-5, closed Tuesdays.St Kilda Road Southbank Southbank 3006