About This Listing
Located on second floor of modern apartment building in Fitzroy, with great natural light and lots of space we've a large bedroom and own bathroom available.
YOUR OWN BEDROOM AND BATHROOM:
- One large bedroom available for one or two adults with a comfortable double bed, sofa, desk and built-in-robes.
- Own full-sized bathroom with shower, toilet and bath.
- All bedding and towels provided.
You have access to the entire apartment except for our bedroom and ensuite.
- Breakfast options include homemade muesli, toast and homemade spreads, fruit and tea and coffee (French press) are included.
- Free Wi-Fi wireless broadband internet
- Spacious open plan living and dining area with TV, DVD player, stereo and a wide range of books and magazines to read.
- A fully equipped kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel Blanco oven, cooktop, rangehood and dishwasher, and a microwave oven.
- Large plant-filled terrace with table and chairs and barbeque.
- Laundry with front loading washing machine and clothes airers.
Interaction with Guests
We're happy to leave you to your own devices but are usually around in the mornings/evenings if you want a chat.
We're also always available if you want suggestions for places to eat and drink or for things to see or do around the Inner North and Melbourne/Victoria more generally.
- Close to the action: it's three minutes from Brunswick Street, Fitzroy and five minutes from Smith Street, Collingwood with an endless array of cafes, restaurants, bars, and shopping.
- Right near Melbourne's best 50m outdoor heated pool (and gym) at Fitzroy Swimming Pool (open 7 days), close to Edinburgh Gardens, and a short walk to cafes and shopping of St Georges Road, North Fitzroy and Queens Parade, Clifton Hill.
- Unlimited and unmetered onstreet parking right outside the apartment, close to two trams (routes 86 and 112), and multiple by the hour rental cars less than five minutes away.
- 10-15 minute walk to train station.
- Plenty of safe bike routes around Fitzroy, to the city and to other nearby suburbs.
- Direct access to airport buses for Melbourne Airport, and interstate trains and buses by catching 112 tram between Southern Cross Station and Fitzroy.
Other Things to Note
THINGS TO SEE AND DO:
- Five great local pubs within a 5-minute walk that serve meals and more than 10 less than 15-minutes away.
- The location is great for exploring the city, the inner northern suburbs of Fitzroy, Collingwood, Carlton, Fitzroy North, and Brunswick, as well as Abbotsford, Parkville, Richmond and North Melbourne.
- A short tram ride from the live music mecca of Northcote and Thornbury.
- Close to Merri Creek bike trail, part of the Capital City Trail that loops the city centre, through Docklands and the inner northern suburbs before following the Yarra River back into the city.
- Plenty of great bookstores nearby - Brunswick Street Books, Polyester Books and Music, and Grub Street Bookshop (Fitzroy), Title and Books for Cooks (Gertrude St), and Readings (Carlton).
- a 15 minute stroll to the UNESCO World Heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens (and adjacent Melbourne Museum).
It's pretty relaxed here - there's just a few things we ask of guests: no smoking indoors, no pets and no kids.
We live with as small a footprint as possible and take some steps around the home to help achieve that: recycling, and minimising energy consumption and water usage, etc. You're welcome to join in.
practically speaking, this is a great apartment- conveniently located for 3 different tram lines, a supermarket 5 mins walk away, a large bedroom with lots of storage and a great bathroom with a super shower.
over and above all that, toby and matt are interesting, fun and great hosts. we invaded their home for a full month, and always felt at ease and comfortable, and very welcome. we travel a lot and stay at all sorts of different places world wide, and this is definitely in our top 5.
Fantastic apartment in the quirkiest part of melbourne, loved our experience. Matt and Toby were so friendly and welcoming and really made us feel like we were at home. Gave us so many places to try and we had the best time. We will definitely be back to melbourne and look forward to staying again :)
We enjoyed staying at Toby and Matt. Nice people with modern flat, convenient location to Brunswick street, clean room, own bathroom, very comfy bed... highly recommend this place for visiting Melbourne.
We were as happy during our second stay with Toby and Matt as we were during our first. They are friendly and helpful, and their preparations show a lot of thought about traveler's needs. We highly recommend them.
We felt very welcomed by Matt and Toby. They encouraged us to feel at home, and we did. The room and bathroom were well appointed, with thoughtful consideration for the needs of travelers, including information and brochures about Melbourne. The neighborhood was quiet and the public transportation was a short walk from the apartment, so getting around town was easy. We enjoyed staying there and look forward to doing so again later in our trip.
We spent 6 nights here and can highly recommend it. Toby&Matt are really easy going and very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and was perfectly clean like the bathroom. The bed is very comfortable and the flat was quiet at night. The location is also pretty nice next to Brunswick street. Would stay here any time again. Thanks guys!
Nous avons passé un sejour très agréable chez Toby et Matt. Nous avons que trop peu ️profité du quartier Fitzroy qui semble vraiment très sympas.
Chambre et salle de bains grandes et fidèles à la description.
About the Host, Toby&Matt
We're just two guys living in the inner north of Melbourne.
Love being in Fitzroy. One a chef (doesn't work late nights) and studies part-time, and the other a business owner. We cook, read, spend time with friends and family, and go to bars, pubs and gigs. We enjoy cinema, music and dogs (but don't have one).
We keep fit with running, riding and swimming. And get away hiking, scuba diving and cross-country skiing whenever we can and generally try to keep outta trouble.
Classic Melbourne pub, with many beers on tap, straightforward 'pub grub' and several TVs to watch the football, cricket or whichever sport is currently on.
Large open space park with plenty of grass and huge elms and gums to sit in the shade of on a sunny day.
The park is especially packed on Saturday and Sunday afternoons over the summer.
Independent record store with a good range of vinyl and CDs.
They also sell event tickets.
Good for coffee, breakfast, lunch and sweet things.
The rear courtyard is perfect for a sunny day.
Good coffee, a great place for breakfast and for sitting inside on a cold day.
Popular Fitzroy pub with plenty of beers on tap and live music Mon, Wed and Fri to Sun.
Quality meals in the bar, the upstairs dining room and on the rooftop terrace nightly and for weekend lunches.
Great independent bookseller well known for alternative and subculture titles.
Iconic Fitzroy coffee house, they also do great breakfasts and lunches and their cakes are worth the indulgence.
They roast their own coffee on site.
Local supermarket that's a Melbourne icon with a broad range of fresh meat, fish, fruit and vegetables.
Piedimonte's has an excellent range of cheeses and Italian foods.
Open until 9pm daily.
Dench Bakers has been a regular haunt of mine since early 2005 when its pastries and coffee became a welcome distraction from study.
Definitely worth staying for a meal and picking up some bread too.
One of the best pubs in Melbourne, a personal favourite.
Lots of beer on tap, a good wine list and an excellent menu for lunch and dinner daily.
Check out the specials board and the beer garden too.
Whether you(email hidden)t the bar or the dining room, The Panama is worth trying - nice relaxed atmosphere, great food and service.
Modern Asian restaurant in amongst 'eat street' precinct of Smith Street.
High quality ingredients with good range of flavours - definitley not to be missed.
A good local pub, with live music and always packed on the weekends.
It has a great covered beer garden upstairs too.
Tiamo and the adjoining Tiamo2 are an institution of Melbourne's Little Italy.
Good honest Italian fare that goes well with the house wine carafes. If it's busy you may have to wait to be seated.
The Denton Corker Marshall designed complex is spectacular.
The permanent collection broad and the travelling exhibitions always interesting.
There's also an Imax theatre. Not to be missed.
A great place to grab a meal, a coffee or a loaf of bread at the wood fired bakery onsite.
Wander around the historic gardens and buildings or the farmers market on the fourth Saturday every month.
Vintage bikes can be hired by the day or by the week.
They can also be collected from the Rose Street Artist Market, off Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy.
CERES is good to spend a morning or an afternoon.
With an organic foodstore (and market Wed, Fri and Sat), the Organic Cafe and Merri Table & Bar restaurant and open space you can really relax.
NGV Australia at Federation Square opened in 2002 with the premier Australian art collection - including Indigenous Australian art.
Free entry to permanent collection. Open 10-5, closed Mondays.
NGV International on St Kilda Rd was founded in 1861. It has a pre-eminent collection of international art, ceramics and design.
Free entry to permanent collection. Open 10-5, closed Tuesdays.