About this listing
A modern apartment in a great location. Private bathroom. With shops, cafes, pubs, restaurants, pool and gym nearby. Close to public transport, bike lanes/routes, and car share schemes outfront.
Walk score of 91/100!
Continental breakfast included.
Located on second floor of modern apartment building in Fitzroy, with great natural light and lots of space I've a double bedroom and own bathroom available.
YOUR OWN BEDROOM AND BATHROOM:
- One bedroom available for one or two adults with a comfortable double bed, sofa, desk and built-in-robes.
- Own full-sized bathroom with shower, toilet and bath.
- All bedding and towels provided.
You have access to the entire apartment except for my bedroom and ensuite.
- Breakfast options include homemade muesli, toast and homemade spreads, fruit and tea and coffee (French press) are included.
- Free Wi-Fi wireless broadband internet
- Spacious open plan living and dining area with TV, DVD player, stereo and a wide range of books and magazines to read.
- A fully equipped kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel Blanco oven, cooktop, rangehood and dishwasher, and a microwave oven.
- Large plant-filled terrace with table and chairs and barbeque. Plenty of room for a bike if you have one!
- Laundry with front loading washing machine and clothes airers.
Interaction with guests
I'm happy to leave you to your own devices but are usually around in the mornings/evenings if you want a chat.
I'm also always available if you want suggestions for places to eat and drink or for things to see or do around the Inner North and Melbourne/Victoria more generally.
- Close to the action: it's three minutes from Brunswick Street, Fitzroy and five minutes from Smith Street, Collingwood with an endless array of cafes, restaurants, bars, and shopping.
- Right near Melbourne's best 50m outdoor heated pool (and gym) at Fitzroy Swimming Pool (open 7 days), close to Edinburgh Gardens, and a short walk to cafes and shopping of St Georges Road, North Fitzroy and Queens Parade, Clifton Hill.
- Unlimited and unmetered on-street parking right outside the apartment, close to three trams (routes 86, 96 and 11), and multiple by-the-hour rental cars nearby too (GoGet and Flexicar).
- 10-15 minute walk to train station (Clifton Hill).
- Plenty of safe bike routes around Fitzroy, to the city and to other nearby suburbs.
- Direct access to airport buses for Melbourne Airport, and interstate trains and buses by catching 112 tram between Southern Cross Station and Fitzroy.
Other things to note
THINGS TO SEE AND DO:
- Five great local pubs within a 5-minute walk that serve meals and more than 10 less than 15-minutes away.
- The location is great for exploring the city, the inner northern suburbs of Fitzroy, Collingwood, Carlton, Fitzroy North, and Brunswick, as well as Abbotsford, Parkville, Richmond and North Melbourne.
- A short tram ride from the live music mecca of Northcote and Thornbury.
- Close to Merri Creek bike trail, part of the Capital City Trail that loops the city centre, through Docklands and the inner northern suburbs before following the Yarra River back into the city.
- Plenty of great bookstores nearby - Brunswick Street Books and Grub Street Bookshop (Brunswick St, Fitzroy), Title and Books for Cooks (Gertrude St, Fitzroy), and Readings (Carlton).
- a 15 minute stroll to the UNESCO World Heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens (and adjacent Melbourne Museum).
It's pretty relaxed here - there's just a few things I ask of guests: no smoking indoors, no pets and no kids.
I live with as small a footprint as possible and take some steps around the home to help achieve that: recycling, and minimising energy consumption and water usage, etc. You're welcome to join in.
Arrival time can be flexible but please confirm with me prior to booking if intending to arrive before 2pm or after 8pm.
From Dec 01, 2016 - Feb 28, 2017 the minimum stay is 3 nights.
I'm just a guy living in the inner north of Melbourne.
Love being in Fitzroy. I cook, read, spend time with friends and family, and go to bars, pubs and gigs. I enjoy cinema, music and books.
I keep fit with swimming, riding, running and Pilates. And get away hiking, scuba diving and cross-country skiing whenever I can and generally try to keep outta trouble.