Located on second floor of modern apartment building in Fitzroy, with great natural light and lots of space we've a large bedroom and own bathroom available.
YOUR OWN BEDROOM AND BATHROOM:
- One large bedroom available for one or two adults with a comfortable double bed, sofa, desk and built-in-robes.
- Own full-sized bathroom with shower, toilet and bath.
- All bedding and towels provided.
You have access to the entire apartment except for our bedroom and ensuite.
- Breakfast options include homemade muesli, toast and homemade spreads, fruit and tea and coffee (French press) are included.
- Free Wi-Fi wireless broadband internet
- Spacious open plan living and dining area with TV, DVD player, stereo and a wide range of books and magazines to read.
- A fully equipped kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel Blanco oven, cooktop, rangehood and dishwasher, and a microwave oven.
- Large plant-filled terrace with table and chairs and barbeque.
- Laundry with front loading washing machine and clothes airers.
Interaction with Guests
We're happy to leave you to your own devices but are usually around in the mornings/evenings if you want a chat.
We're also always available if you want suggestions for places to eat and drink or for things to see or do around the Inner North and Melbourne/Victoria more generally.
- Close to the action: it's three minutes from Brunswick Street, Fitzroy and five minutes from Smith Street, Collingwood with an endless array of cafes, restaurants, bars, and shopping.
- Right near Melbourne's best 50m outdoor heated pool (and gym) at Fitzroy Swimming Pool (open 7 days), close to Edinburgh Gardens, and a short walk to cafes and shopping of St Georges Road, North Fitzroy and Queens Parade, Clifton Hill.
- Unlimited and unmetered onstreet parking right outside the apartment, close to two trams (routes 86 and 112), and multiple by the hour rental cars less than five minutes away.
- 10-15 minute walk to train station.
- Plenty of safe bike routes around Fitzroy, to the city and to other nearby suburbs.
- Direct access to airport buses for Melbourne Airport, and interstate trains and buses by catching 112 tram between Southern Cross Station and Fitzroy.
Other Things to Note
THINGS TO SEE AND DO:
- Five great local pubs within a 5-minute walk that serve meals and more than 10 less than 15-minutes away.
- The location is great for exploring the city, the inner northern suburbs of Fitzroy, Collingwood, Carlton, Fitzroy North, and Brunswick, as well as Abbotsford, Parkville, Richmond and North Melbourne.
- A short tram ride from the live music mecca of Northcote and Thornbury.
- Close to Merri Creek bike trail, part of the Capital City Trail that loops the city centre, through Docklands and the inner northern suburbs before following the Yarra River back into the city.
- Plenty of great bookstores nearby - Brunswick Street Books, Polyester Books and Music, and Grub Street Bookshop (Fitzroy), Title and Books for Cooks (Gertrude St), and Readings (Carlton).
- a 15 minute stroll to the UNESCO World Heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens (and adjacent Melbourne Museum).
It's pretty relaxed here - there's just a few things we ask of guests: no smoking indoors, no pets and no kids.
We live with as small a footprint as possible and take some steps around the home to help achieve that: recycling, and minimising energy consumption and water usage, etc. You're welcome to join in.
Fantastic apartment in the quirkiest part of melbourne, loved our experience. Matt and Toby were so friendly and welcoming and really made us feel like we were at home. Gave us so many places to try and we had the best time. We will definitely be back to melbourne and look forward to staying again :)
We enjoyed staying at Toby and Matt. Nice people with modern flat, convenient location to Brunswick street, clean room, own bathroom, very comfy bed... highly recommend this place for visiting Melbourne.
We were as happy during our second stay with Toby and Matt as we were during our first. They are friendly and helpful, and their preparations show a lot of thought about traveler's needs. We highly recommend them.
We felt very welcomed by Matt and Toby. They encouraged us to feel at home, and we did. The room and bathroom were well appointed, with thoughtful consideration for the needs of travelers, including information and brochures about Melbourne. The neighborhood was quiet and the public transportation was a short walk from the apartment, so getting around town was easy. We enjoyed staying there and look forward to doing so again later in our trip.
We spent 6 nights here and can highly recommend it. Toby&Matt are really easy going and very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious and was perfectly clean like the bathroom. The bed is very comfortable and the flat was quiet at night. The location is also pretty nice next to Brunswick street. Would stay here any time again. Thanks guys!
Nous avons passé un sejour très agréable chez Toby et Matt. Nous avons que trop peu ️profité du quartier Fitzroy qui semble vraiment très sympas.
Chambre et salle de bains grandes et fidèles à la description.
it was a very nice stay. matt & toby were great hosts - even it was over christmas time.
great apartment, very clean & both guys perfectly cool to get along with! whenever back in melbourne i'm definitely gonna stay there.
We're just two guys living in the inner north of Melbourne.
Love being in Fitzroy. One a chef (doesn't work late nights) and studies part-time, and the other a business owner. We cook, read, spend time with friends and family, and go to bars, pubs and gigs. We enjoy cinema, music and dogs (but don't have one).
We keep fit with running, riding and swimming. And get away hiking, scuba diving and cross-country skiing whenever we can and generally try to keep outta trouble.