About this listing
Located on second floor of modern apartment building in Fitzroy, with great natural light and lots of space we've a large bedroom and own bathroom available.
YOUR OWN BEDROOM AND BATHROOM:
- One large bedroom available for one or two adults with a comfortable double bed, sofa, desk and built-in-robes.
- Own full-sized bathroom with shower, toilet and bath.
- All bedding and towels provided.
You have access to the entire apartment except for our bedroom and ensuite.
- Breakfast options include homemade muesli, toast and homemade spreads, fruit and tea and coffee (French press) are included.
- Free Wi-Fi wireless broadband internet
- Spacious open plan living and dining area with TV, DVD player, stereo and a wide range of books and magazines to read.
- A fully equipped kitchen with granite counters, stainless steel Blanco oven, cooktop, rangehood and dishwasher, and a microwave oven.
- Large plant-filled terrace with table and chairs and barbeque.
- Laundry with front loading washing machine and clothes airers.
Interaction with Guests
We're happy to leave you to your own devices but are usually around in the mornings/evenings if you want a chat.
We're also always available if you want suggestions for places to eat and drink or for things to see or do around the Inner North and Melbourne/Victoria more generally.
- Close to the action: it's three minutes from Brunswick Street, Fitzroy and five minutes from Smith Street, Collingwood with an endless array of cafes, restaurants, bars, and shopping.
- Right near Melbourne's best 50m outdoor heated pool (and gym) at Fitzroy Swimming Pool (open 7 days), close to Edinburgh Gardens, and a short walk to cafes and shopping of St Georges Road, North Fitzroy and Queens Parade, Clifton Hill.
- Unlimited and unmetered onstreet parking right outside the apartment, close to two trams (routes 86 and 112), and multiple by the hour rental cars less than five minutes away.
- 10-15 minute walk to train station.
- Plenty of safe bike routes around Fitzroy, to the city and to other nearby suburbs.
- Direct access to airport buses for Melbourne Airport, and interstate trains and buses by catching 112 tram between Southern Cross Station and Fitzroy.
Other Things to Note
THINGS TO SEE AND DO:
- Five great local pubs within a 5-minute walk that serve meals and more than 10 less than 15-minutes away.
- The location is great for exploring the city, the inner northern suburbs of Fitzroy, Collingwood, Carlton, Fitzroy North, and Brunswick, as well as Abbotsford, Parkville, Richmond and North Melbourne.
- A short tram ride from the live music mecca of Northcote and Thornbury.
- Close to Merri Creek bike trail, part of the Capital City Trail that loops the city centre, through Docklands and the inner northern suburbs before following the Yarra River back into the city.
- Plenty of great bookstores nearby - Brunswick Street Books, Polyester Books and Music, and Grub Street Bookshop (Fitzroy), Title and Books for Cooks (Gertrude St), and Readings (Carlton).
- a 15 minute stroll to the UNESCO World Heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building and Carlton Gardens (and adjacent Melbourne Museum).
It's pretty relaxed here - there's just a few things we ask of guests: no smoking indoors, no pets and no kids.
We live with as small a footprint as possible and take some steps around the home to help achieve that: recycling, and minimising energy consumption and water usage, etc. You're welcome to join in.
Toby and Matt were fantastic hosts! I stayed with them for a fortnight whilst I established myself in Melbourne following a move to a new job and they were friendly, helpful, chatty and gave honest, useful insights to Melbourne.
Their apartment is exactly as described (if anything, they undersell it) and is in a great, safe location close to the Brunswick Street shops, trams and nightlife whilst being far away enough for a light sleeper like me to sleep soundly. It's a 15 minute tram ride into the CBD or an easy 30 minute walk. But allow at least an hour after you've enjoyed a great pastry, coffee and shopped for bargain clothes along the way!
The room has its own bathroom featuring a powerful shower and is well-stocked with soaps and toiletries. I stayed in winter and there are heaters in every room so I was snug and warm wherever I was.
The room itself has plenty of hanging and storage space as well as a desk and sofa for convenience. (Toby and Matt are so engaging that you'll find yourself in a great conversation with them both, enjoying a beer or two in the lounge so you may never get to try them - I never even sat on the room's sofa!) The bed is supremely comfortable and there are half a dozen pillows to choose from so there's something for everyone.
The apartment was clean and tidy (again, the photos undersell) and the room and bathroom were spotless.
I feel incredibly lucky to have been introduced to Melbourne by such lovely hosts and at a great place to stay. Highly, highly recommended!
This was a good place for us to stay for 11 nights - the kitchen was easy to cook in, it was nice to have a dining room table, and I liked having our own bathroom. It was fun chatting with Toby and hanging out in the evening. It was also convenient to have a desk in the bedroom, and a couch. It is convenient to trams and restaurants.
Thank you Toby and Matt for welcoming us into your home. The beds and pillows were comfortable and warm. Sooo quiet at night and so close to several shops and tram stops. The closet had a great place for hanging and storing clothes. It is very safe and secure around the apt and in the apt.
Toby & Matt are great hosts, they warmly welcomed me into their home. Our stay was comfortable and relaxed, they were so friendly and their apartment is so spacious and tidy, we had a great time and really enjoyed our stay.
I stayed with Toby and Matt for over a week and had a great stay. Toby kept in touch with me by text and welcomed me to their home which is in a great location near the city and near to several tram lines (86, 11, 96). The room is large, the bed comfortable and there is a place to sit and work, a sofa and your own bathroom. Breakfast and bathroom necessities are provided.
I had many wide-ranging conversations with Toby and also with Matt. They are nice, interesting people, were welcoming and I would definitely stay with them again should I return to Melbourne.
practically speaking, this is a great apartment- conveniently located for 3 different tram lines, a supermarket 5 mins walk away, a large bedroom with lots of storage and a great bathroom with a super shower.
over and above all that, toby and matt are interesting, fun and great hosts. we invaded their home for a full month, and always felt at ease and comfortable, and very welcome. we travel a lot and stay at all sorts of different places world wide, and this is definitely in our top 5.
Fantastic apartment in the quirkiest part of melbourne, loved our experience. Matt and Toby were so friendly and welcoming and really made us feel like we were at home. Gave us so many places to try and we had the best time. We will definitely be back to melbourne and look forward to staying again :)
About the Host, Toby&Matt
We're just two guys living in the inner north of Melbourne.
Love being in Fitzroy. One a chef (doesn't work late nights) and studies part-time, and the other a business owner. We cook, read, spend time with friends and family, and go to bars, pubs and gigs. We enjoy cinema, music and dogs (but don't have one).
We keep fit with running, riding and swimming. And get away hiking, scuba diving and cross-country skiing whenever we can and generally try to keep outta trouble.