This lovely, fantastically-located, and comfortable apartment in the beautiful city of Padova (Padua) is the perfect base for exploring Northern Italy - or simply enjoying a relaxing city break in this romantic, historic town.
Padua has great transport links for towns across Northern and Central Italy, including: Venice, Verona, Vicenza, Bologna, Ferrara, Ravenna, Brescia, Milan, Como, Florence, Perugia, Lucca, Pisa, Siena and Rome.
This spacious and stylish apartment is located in a modern and well-serviced apartment block in the heart of Padua. It is ideal for couples or 2-3 people sharing.
As well as its central location - just 200m from the Prato della Valle Metrobus (Tram) stop - the apartment has plenty of great features, including:
* Free wi-fi (works throughout the city of Padua!)
* Large bedroom with a comfy full king-size bed
* All fresh linens (including towels) provided at no extra charge
* Balcony facing an internal green park
* Large LCD TV
* Fully equipped kitchen (gas stove, fridge, freezer, pans, utensils, toaster, oven, grill, nicely decoreted set of dish, store cupboard essentials
* Full complement of coffee-making facilities ( Moka, Filter Coffee machine, Tea/Coffee press)
* Washing machine
* Bathroom has shower, bidet, WC
* An optional additional single bed can be provided in the main bedroom, if required.
As well as being only a stone's throw ( 200 mt, 180yard ) from the nearest Tram/Metrobus stops Prato della Valle or Cavalletto ) the apartment is only a short walk ( 200 mt ) from the atmospheric Prato della Valle square, which boasts a bustling local market every Saturday, and the beautiful Basilicas of Sant' Antonio and Santa Guistina.
Plus, on the doorstep (all within easy walking distance) you will find:
* Home-made artisanal ice-cream shop
* Many coffee shops
* Italian pizza takeaways
* Zairo Italian restaurant
* Mini-markets and a supermarket
* Many food and fashion shops
* Chinese restaurants and Kebab
* Plenty of free car parking spaces and pay car parks
(and much more)
The main train station can be reached easily by a ten-minute tram ride (1 every seven minutes between 6am and 1am), or a thirty minute walk through Padua's historic centre, or by car(taxi. From there you can travel to many local cities, including Venice, and 5 local airports.
Padua is the setting for William Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew and is also the city Romeo was banished to from Verona in Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Its famous 800-year-old University is renowned for its connection with its former lecturer, Galileo Galilei.
Padua stands on the Bacchiglione River, which once surrounded the city's walls like a moat. A dense network of arcaded streets open out on to large piazze and many bridges cross the various branches of the Bacchglione, adding to the historic, romantic charm of the city.
To the city's South lie the Euganean Hills, praised by Lucan and Martial, Petrarch, Ugo Foscolo, and Shelley.
When visiting Padua, why not...
* Explore Padua's great network of piste ciclabili (bicycle lanes) on two wheels
* Savour a meal at the 3-Michelin-starred restaurant, Le Calandre, owned by the famiglia Alajmo
* Enjoy a coffee in the atmospheric Caffe Pedrocchi, the eclectic 18th century work of architect Guiseppe Jappelli, frequented by past luminaries such as Stenhal, Lord Byron and Dario Fo.
* Linger in the picturesque squares of Piazza dei Signori and Piazza della Erbe
* Visit Cappella degli Scrovegni to wonder at the Chapel's remarkable 14th century frescos painted by Giotto
* Explore the world's oldest garden - the Botanical Gardens in Padua, founded in 1545 by the Venetian Republic
* Wander around Padua's ancient Roman ruins, Roman bridges or some 11km of 16th century city walls
* Check out the treasures in the Musei agli Eremitani
* Enjoy more beautiful frescos in the architecturally important Palazzo della Ragione
* Get lost amongst Padua's meandering arcaded streets, happily browsing the varied selection of antiques, fashion, art, food and drink and other souvenirs.
Slightly further afield, why not...
* Make a day trip to one of the beautiful golden beaches on the Adriatic, Chioggia and Sottomarina or the equally beautiful Venice Lido beach
* Visit the Dolomiti (Trento or Belluno)
* Relax in the healing waters of Abano Terme, Battaglia Terme, or Montegrotto Terme
* Explore the historic town of Monselice, including its castle, tower, Romanesque church, roman ruins and lively Monday market
* Visit the castle at Este
* Wander the picturesque streets and squares of Arqua Petrarca, reputedly one of the most beautiful towns in Italy
* Explore the medieval walled city of Cittadella
* Or the beautiful medieval city and castle of Castelfranco
... and if that isn't enough to whet your appetite, the owner of the apartment has thoughtfully provided a wide range of tourist literature and some beautiful guide books to help you explore Padua and the surrounding area!
The helpful owner Alessandro speaks Italian, English, French and a bit of Spanish and is happy to answer any queries you may have about the apartment, your stay, or travelling arrangements. Please get in touch with Alessandro if you would like further information about anything.
The apartment is nice and clean.
Alessandro is also very helpful with good advice of the city.
Everything went perfectly.
Excelente departamento, tiene todo lo necesario para pasar muchos dias con toda la comodidad, en zona céntrica y tranquila a la vez. Padua es hermosa, vale la pena conocer. Muy cerca de Venecia y de Verona. Gracias Alessandro. Hasta la vista!
Allesandro was a terrific host. Great at communicating before and during our stay. He left us some really helpful information handouts on Padova, gave us some pointers on getting around and finding places to eat and buy groceries. The apartment was just perfect as well. Everything was clean and organized and worked. We had all cooking housewares needed to prepare ourselves food. It was so cozy. We had zero complaints, in fact, we didn't want to leave! I highly recommend this place to anyone, especially those who don't know much about Padova like us. We were worried about not knowing what to do or how to get around but the apartment is just 10 minutes from the train station by Tram, and 2 minute walk from Tram stop. Allesandro made us feel perfectly at ease. You can't go wrong. Grazie mille Allesandro!
Abbiamo trascorso il capodanno 2013/2014 a Padova ospitati da Alessandro.
Padova è una bellissima città a soli 30 minuti di treno da Venezia , la casa di Alessandro si trova a pochi passi da Prato Della Valle ,quindi posizione ottima per visitare la città.
Alessandro è stato molto gentile e disponile.
Lati negativi : seppur siano pochi vanno segnalati , 1) la cucina non era pulitissima , 2) solo due pentole per cucinare decisamente troppo grandi .
Comunque sia i pregi di questa sistemazione superano di gran lunga i difetti e la consigliamo a chiunque voglia passare dei piacevoli giorni a Padova ....Alla prossimaaaa!!!!
Great stay in the centre of Padova! I was staying for Christmas, the kitchen was equppied good enough to make all dishes I wanted. The apartment is small, but cosy and quiet. I can advice it to everyone who wants to visit Padova, save some money and be independent about cooking.
This review has two parts. We stayed in this apartment for a week.
The good is that it is fairly priced, comfortable, Alessandro seems a decent chap and we liked the location.
The bad is that the router for the wireless didn't work for five days. Alessandro seemed to think we and he could "fix" it by unplugging it in various ways. No way. Why Alessandro didn't replace the router, we have no way of knowing. But since this was a "working-holiday", we were seriously inconvenienced.
Me and my boyfriend spent a wonderful time in the appartment! It is really nice and you have all what you need there. Especially for cooking! You can reach everything very good because the appartment is close to the center. I would everytime go back there! Also the communication was perfect!
Siamo una coppia che viaggia molto e questo è uno dei migliori appartamenti che abbiamo trovato. La posizione è eccellente, soprattutto per chi arriva in auto e troverà ampie possibilità di parcheggio ai margini del centro storico. Alessandro è molto accogliente e disponibile conosce molto bene la città ed è prodigo di informazioni. Per finire, la pasticceria di fronte vi assicura croissant caldi appena sfornati per colazione.
Cosa si può chiedere di più?
The reservation was canceled 16 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
L'appartamento era molto bello, bene arredato e molto pulito.
la posizione è centrale proprio a due passi da prato della valle.
Il proprietario Alessandro è stato molto gentile e disponibile.
Sicuramente consiglio a tutti il suo appartamento.