About this listing
Amazingly located sunny home overlooking golf course in gorgeous Northstar, 9-10 people. Perfect for 2 families/grp friends & far cheaper than a hotel! Great place to relax watching the sunset from private deck and hot tub after a day of adventures.
LOCATION, LOCATION LOCATION!
Come and stay in our beautifully sunny, well-equipped mountain home with its OWN PRIVATE HOT TUB SPA overlooking the golf course, in one of the best locations in the official Northstar Resort area!
The house accommodates 9-10 people and is PERFECT FOR FAMILY HOLIDAYS. There are 5 sleeping areas: 1 queen room, 1 queen room, 1 double room, 2 singles in a loft mezzanine plus 2 singles downstairs in The Apartment - see more details about rooms below.
You can all unwind by the fire, while sipping on a cool fresh beers, fresh lemonade, wine...or maybe hot chocolate as you WATCH THE SUNSET from the deck and private hot tub after a long day of mountain, lake or resort activities. We also have a regulation size horse shoe pit at the back of the house. You get 8 FREE PASSES TO THE REC CENTER (you'll find the 2 passes for the Recreation Center when you arrive and each pass is good for 4 people. (Just talk to the Rec Center if you want 2 extras, if there are 10 in your group.)
This beautiful mountain home and Northstar provide unique and incredible value that most Tahoe tourists never experience. Northstar is a destination resort that provides everything you need to have an incredible vacation. If you are looking for a truly life-changing vacation for your family then look no further than this one of a kind experience in wonderful Lake Tahoe!
5 Sleeping areas total: 3 bedrooms (2 queens, 1 double), 2 mezzanine lofts (each with 2 singles)
THE MAIN HOUSE:
1. Main Master Bedroom: Upstairs in the Main House is the Master Bedroom which has a QUEEN SIZED BED (sleeps 2).
2. Main Loft-room: Next-door but separate from the Master Bedroom is a Loft Room which is a mezzanine bedroom that overlooks the living room, it has 2 SINGLE BEDS (sleeps 2). The Master Bedroom and this Loft Room share a bathroom.
3. Main Downstairs Double Bedroom: on the ground floor in the Main House there is a DOUBLE BED (sleeps 2). In this room there is also a pull out love seat sized bed (sleeps 1).
THE APARTMENT (The Apartment is part of the Main House, it has a separate entrance outside and can also be accessed from inside the Main House):
4. Apartment Twins Ground-floor: On the ground floor in The Apartment there are TWIN BEDS (sleeps 2).
5. Apartment Queen Loft Room: Upstairs in The Apartment is a QUEEN SIZED bed, this is a mezzanine/loft so looks over the two singles downstairs (sleeps 2).
Guests have access to whole house: The Main House + The Apartment. The Apartment has a separate entrance and can also be accessed from within the Main House.
Interaction with Guests
None. It will be Your Home! I can be emailed or reached via cell phone if necessary.
My idyllic, peaceful and very private home is ideally located in one of the best spots right inside Tahoe's most complete destination resort, Northstar. It entices people of all ages with its endless natural beauty to explore, sports and mountain activities to enjoy, and abundant special events and choices of shops and restaurants to experience. Lake Tahoe and Truckee, each 10 minutes away offer their own very popular arrays of beauty, charm and exciting experiences.
Near North Lake Tahoe:
This mountain lodge is halfway between Truckee and the north end of Lake Tahoe, so and is part of the official 10,000-acre Northstar at Tahoe resort, which is reputed to be among the best in the nation for family vacations.
Fun in the sun and the snow and on the water:
Northstar at Tahoe Village features pools, spas, a large recreation complex, tennis courts, a video arcade, and a fitness center; an adults-only clubhouse offers leather couches, a fireplace, and a library.
Northstar-at-Tahoe offers more amenities and activities than ANY other resort in the Tahoe Basin! Only members of the Northstar Property Owners Assoc. their guests, and renters (YOU!) have free access to the Northstar Homeowner's Recreation Center.
Here is a list of just some of the available amenities that are just a 3 minute free shuttle ride (just call them and they'll collect you), or 10 minute walk from the house:
- Four Lane Heated Lap Pool
- Fitness Center with State-of-the-Art Equipment
- Massage Therapy Center
- Game Room with Traditional Games and Video Games = WONDERFUL FUN for Teenagers
- Day Care for 2 Years and Up
- Large Ice Skating Rink in winter
- Daily and Nightly Live Events, Concerts, and Shows
- Many Events for Children, from Movie Theaters to Arts and Crafts
I will email you Northstar events info for the specific time you are booked in to stay at the house.
- Destination Resort = no car needed during your stay, the FREE SHUTTLE BUS will can pick you up from the house:
- just call them when you want it
- go to and from the Village
- to the Recreation Center
- or wherever you wish to go in the Northstar Resort
- to Major Airports
- 2 Minutes from Ski Slopes
- to Casinos & Live Entertainment all around Lake Tahoe
- Parents can relax while their children 7 and above can independently and safely be transported to the pool, game room, tennis courts and supervised activities offered at the beautiful on-site recreation center.
There is an extra $50 cleaning fee per dog.
No smoking in the house please.
Once you book we will send you a manual regarding the house; including directions, wifi codes etc...
About the Host, Susan
In June 2011, after 35 ++ years in the SF Bay area, I moved to our family vacation home at Northstar. My 3 grown children and I have treasured this place and the entire area all their lives.
I just wish I'd made the move sooner. Now, as an official "local" I realize there is much more to life in Truckee and Lake Tahoe area in terms of special events, solid community organizations and a base of remarkably warm, caring, happy people, than one can understand on intermittent visits. Locals residents are remarkably happy, I think, because rich or poor, those who have chosen to stay, or deliberately moved here, are just grateful to be able enjoy this remarkable environment every day of their lives.
I'm an avid traveller, and have been to many, of the world's most interesting and beautiful cities and countries. I discovered Airbnb while travelling last winter in Costa Rica, Mexico, and Ecuador, when I stayed in a number of Airbnb homes. I could not have met so many delightful new friends, (the hostesses, other guests, and/or their friends, if not renting through airbnb. For me, this is the only way to go, as it's more economical, interesting, and fun than staying any hotel could ever be.
I provide a daily abundant "help yourself" continental breakfast, all the privacy you desire,and company if you want it. Guests are welcome to use the entire main floor, kitchen, deck, jacuzzi, etc.,You may also feel free to invite a few friends over and make yourselves at home, have a barbecue, or play horseshoes, perhaps?
If you're seeking a quiet place to read quietly, I'm surrounded by lovely, quiet grounds. If available, I'll be happy to give you a local tour, and/or suggest recommendations options, and print our maps to your destinations. depending upon your interest. I have large supply of current brochures with discounts, maps, and books to share. as well as as a solid personal knowledge of this spectacular area.
I've had countless friends and renters return to my home repeatedly over many, many years. People just seem to love it's setting on the golf course and west exposure, its overall coziness, the direct access each room has to the outside, and the floor plan, that is well designed to give guests peace, quiet, and plenty of privacy
Come join the fun and all the many amenities that Northstar at Tahoe and our phenomenal lake and surrounding communities have to offer kids of all ages!