About This Listing
With perfect sea view and close to the beach, Red studio is located on 2nd floor of a recently refurbished traditional stone house. Apartment is modern and equipped to a good standard, with A/C, SAT TV & south-facing balcony for your enjoyment.
Completely refurbished Studio Apartment in a traditional old stone house in the village of Kastel Kambelovac, conveniently located between Split and Trogir on the beautiful Dalmatian Coast of Croatia, less than 15 min drive from Split Airport.
Our apartments are located in a traditional old stone house which has been recently refurbished. We did our best to preserve the typical character of Dalmatian architecture on the outside, however the apartment is modern and equipped to a good standard on the inside. Red Studio has a double bed and is suitable for 2 people.
Located on the sea front, literally 10m from the sea with unobstructed views, and less than 100m from the nearest beach. Split, Croatia's second largest city and capital of Dalmatia Region, is only 25 min away by local bus, and so is Trogir, another beautiful resort going North from Kastela. The attractions of Kaštel Kambelovac include nice beaches, authentic Dalmatian restaurants, a beautiful seaside promenade and the nearby hill Kozjak – hillwalkers heaven. Short airport transfer (approx. 15 min) and excellent location between Split and Trogir make this fishing village a relaxing yet very convenient holiday destination.
- Bathroom with WC, shower; hair dryer
- Main room includes double bed, wardrobe, table and 2 chairs, book case, radio, TV
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, kettle, hot plates
- South facing balcony with table and 2 chairs
- Air conditioning free of charge
- Safety deposit box
- On-street parking
- Note: accommodation is not suitable for people with reduced mobility due to a number of steps
- Baby cot available on request
Distances from property:
- Sea 10m
- Beach 100m (type of beach: pebbly)
- Nearest grocery store 3-4 min walk, located in the village centre
- Supermarket “Ribola” 5 min walk
- Nearest restaurant 3 min walk
- Nearest café bar 3-4 min walk
- Bus stop 5 min walk
- Post office 10 min walk
- Nearest medical facility in Kastel Stari or Kastel Sucurac (5-10 min drive)
- Split Airport 15 min drive
- Trogir 20 min drive
- Split city centre 25 min drive
Guests have full privacy as the apartment is fully self-contained. Shared entrance/hall with another apartment.
Interaction with Guests
Our housekeeper who lives close-by welcomes the guests and I am available on email and phone 24/7 for any questions. Antea, the housekeeper, is very knowledgeable on all matters local so guests are encouraged to ask her for recommendations on where to go etc.
Kastel Kambelovac is a quiet fishing village with friendly locals. My personal favorite in the neighbourhood is the famous "Baletna Skola" restaurant, located at less than 5 min walk from the apartment. Try their fish or meat platters, or their delicious jumbo-pizza. Wonderful and inexpensive!
Local bus no. 37 runs every 30 minutes and connects Split and Trogir (Kastel Kambelovac is half-way between the two towns). The bus stop is located at less than 5 min walk from the apartment.
We would like to acquaint you with house rules so that your stay in our apartment will be as pleasant as possible:
- Guests themselves are responsible for personal property and valuables left in the apartment and the owner is not responsible for the subsequent loss thereof.
- Guests should behave responsibly in the apartment and its surrounding areas and they should guard against possible accidents and their consequences.
- Lock the door to the apartment and main entrance door and when going out be sure to lock the doors and windows, switch off the lights and all electrical appliances.
- The owner/housecarer reserves the right to enter the property in the absence of the guests for cleaning and maintenance and to prevent possible damage or other dangers.The owner/housecarer is obliged to notify the guest about the entry into the
apartment at the first subsequent contact.
- Destruction of equipment and furniture, causing disorder and disturbing neighbours is prohibited, and it is expressly forbidden to make loud noises from 23:00 to 08:00.
- In the event of the disappearance or damage to installations, furniture, appliances, equipment of the apartments the guest is obliged to notify the owner/housecarer. If the disappearance or damage occured due to the fault of the guest, the guest is obliged to
compensate the corresponding equivalent value.
- In the event of disregard of the house rules, the host has the right to refuse further providing of services.
- Handover your identity card or passport to the host upon arrival for registration at the Tourist office.
The apartment was as represented in the photos with beautiful views. The area was quiet and a lovely place to stay that was convenient to Trogir and Split. We were met by the housekeeper, who was welcoming and helpful with local information.
The apartment was small, but well appointed and clean. It's not in Split proper, but a small fishing village about 20 minutes away. The balcony has a great view of Split and the water. It's a very short walk to the beach which is mostly local families. From the main train station, walk away from the port to catch bus 9. After two or three stops, leave bus 9 and take bus 37 all the way to the apartment.
A very nice flat, quiet and well located in front of the sea....a perfect place to have a rest after an intensive day of visits....
This little studio is very cute and well maintained, very clean.The housekeeper was available if we needed anything and the communication before was very good and clear. It's ok if you want to spend a quiet time relaxing since there's not much to do around by walk but it's halfway between Trogir and Split. Also, air-conditioning is not free compare to other places where we went, which is a bit annoying when it's 35 to 40° outside.
This place is small but neat. Nice view.
Supermarkets and restaurants around and good location to go to the airport, to visit Trogir and Split.
The beach is very close but because it is a rather enclosed bay, at least when we were there (high season), the water was not as clean as in other parts of Croatia we visited.
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Smilja
I am an experienced travel professional (worked for a major Irish tour operator for 9 years) and I love everything related to travel & holidays!
I have traveled to many places through work and privately, some of my all-time favourites are Cyprus, Malta and of course my home country - Croatia. Dalmatian coast is one of the most spectacular places in the world!
I also have a keen interest in interior design, crafts and music. I'm a new mom of a beautiful baby boy so life is a bit more hectic than usual - but being a mother is definitely the best thing in the world. :-)
I look forward to hearing from you!