THIS AREA HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED BY THE STORM. WE ARE HAPPY TO ACCOMMODATE YOU.
Hi guys Gaby here: to get a feel how close we are, look at the video (website hidden). com/watch?v=qVzgLcDjWzY
Please don't be put off by this listing being outside of Manhattan. We are closer to Midtown Manhattan, Times Square, Theater District, Madison Square Garden, Grand Central Empire State Building, Saint Patrick's Cathedral, and Rockefeller Center than staying in other parts of Manhattan (Wall St., Upper East or West Side, above 70s... We are closer than all parts of Brooklyn and definitely way closer than staying in Queens/Bronx).
(There are two other bedrooms, which may be rented out by other guests.)
Newly decorated private room in a three-bedroom house in Union City, NJ. Union City is on the other side of the Lincoln Tunnel and therefore very close (15 min. bus ride) to Port Authority/Times Square area. Private luxurious room with a queen-size bed nightstands, open spacious air and heat, beautiful hardwood floors and exquisite mahogany color to help you relax after a day of sightseeing and shopping or whatever you please; we will welcome you with open arms, take a bath or soak or shower makes you feel like you're bathing in the rain; a great kitchen balcony overlooking a beautiful reservoir. Hear your favorite music, eat a snack or whatever, this is what Robert & Gaby your hosts will provide for you. We will greet you as part of our family and for assistance; your privacy and accommodation will be our responsibility and our pleasure.
About the neighborhood:
The neighborhood is quiet and very nice, 100 steps from a family grocery to buy what you need. Walking distance to banks, pharmacy, and 15 minutes from midtown Manhattan (Time Square/Port Authority Bus Terminals). You'll reach Midtown faster from this location than from locations even located in Manhattan.
ABOUT YOUR ROOM and the house:
* Physical keys, so you can come and go as you please
* Real queen bed, very comfy and cozy
* Spacious house
* Original wood floors
* Big balcony where you can smoke
* Free WIFI
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* Share kitchen and bathrooms (one full bath) with other guests
* House is on street level so there are some stairs to walk up although bedrooms are on second level.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Union City, NJ, a very short direct bus ride to Times Square area
* Five blocks from gorgeous Manhattan views (along Hudson River)
* Best 'cafe con leche' in town on corner. You'll wonder why you spend so much at Starbucks!
* Buses to Manhattan/Times Square run every minute during day, and every 4 minutes at night. Buses run all night.
* Great grocery and wine/liquor stores in the neighborhood including one right on the corner which is open until 11pm
* Very safe neighborhood, lots of great restaurants and bakeries but also very quiet at night.
* Private buses (we call it 'chicken bus') run 24/7 and go directly to Manhattan's Midtown / Port Authority, one block away from Times Square for $2.50 a seat. It's what all the locals use.
* City bus runs every 12 minutes to Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss and every 20 minutes (during commute hours) into Manhattan.
* Easy city bus access to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, much closer and as good as Woodbury Commons.
Great energy and very peaceful! Feel free to message me with any questions!
no smoking, no loud music or TV after-hours of
$50 for parking permit and we reimburse $50 when you return the permit.
Our stay was excellent as always. We love Gabby she's a great person. I will return again next year.
Bij aankomst moesten wij ons melden bij haar huis om de sleutel van het naastgelegen appartement op te halen. Gaby deed open en gaf de 3 sleutels voor de voordeur, tussendeur en kamerdeur. Was wat veel mijn inziens. Bij binnenkomst hing er een onprettige geur en ook zag het er onverzorgd en vies stoffig uit. Grote vlekken op de bank, te kleine gordijnen, vies keukengerei en een erg smerige vloer. Het was gelukkig voor 1 nacht dus dat was een opluchting. Leuke medehuurders uit China en Duitsland. De volgende ochtend stond om 8.30 de schoonmaakster op de stoep om onze kamer schoon te maken (de afspraak en vermelding op airbnb was 12 uur) helaas konden wij dit niet duidelijk maken gezien de schoonmaakster alleen Spaans sprak. Wij hebben snel onze spullen gepakt en zijn vertrokken. Wat een slechte ervaring en raad deze plek dan ook niet aan. Helaas.
Gaby is really nice host and her apartment in the very nice neighborhood
We had a great time in Gaby's apartment.. the bed was comfortable and the kitchen was well equipped... bathroom was clean and we had nice roommates.. it's a quiet area, perfect to relax after a hard sightseeing day in new york.. if you walk down the street and turn right and move on until the end of the street (just 200 metres) you will have an impressive view over the new york skyline.. the bus 123 drives directly to the times square and costs 3,20 $ for one ride.. if you stay longer you should take the 10 ticket package.. and for the further visitors I absolutely recommend to buy the 7-day metro ticket for 30 $.. And again I absolutely recommend Gaby's place.. thank you to give us the opportunity to stay in your house..
Laura and Julian
My experience was with Rob and Gabe was great. Check-in, Check-out was very smooth and everything looked exactly as it did in the photo. The NJ transit #123 stop was at the end of the block took only 10min to get into the city which was prefect. There were other house guest but we only saw them once. For another quick trip into NYC I would definitely
Very close to Manhattan. bus comes very frequently and literally takes 10 mins. But keep in mind the walk to the bus stop is 0.6 mile that's another 10min. Bed is comfy. Kitchen works well. Great value overall. Also Gaby is quick to response by message.
This host has 1119 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
We are some really nice Latinos, a Cuban and Mexican. Gaby is a teacher and is one of the nicest hosts you'll ever meet. We're both well traveled. Feel free to reach out to us anytime!