About this listing
THIS AREA HAS NOT BEEN AFFECTED BY THE STORM. WE ARE HAPPY TO ACCOMMODATE YOU.
Hi guys Gaby here: to get a feel how close we are, look at the video http://www.youtube. com/watch?v=qVzgLcDjWzY
Please don't be put off by this listing being outside of Manhattan. We are closer to Midtown Manhattan, Times Square, Theater District, Madison Square Garden, Grand Central Empire State Building, Saint Patrick's Cathedral, and Rockefeller Center than staying in other parts of Manhattan (Wall St., Upper East or West Side, above 70s... We are closer than all parts of Brooklyn and definitely way closer than staying in Queens/Bronx).
(There are two other bedrooms, which may be rented out by other guests.)
Newly decorated private room in a three-bedroom house in Union City, NJ. Union City is on the other side of the Lincoln Tunnel and therefore very close (15 min. bus ride) to Port Authority/Times Square area. Private luxurious room with a queen-size bed nightstands, open spacious air and heat, beautiful hardwood floors and exquisite mahogany color to help you relax after a day of sightseeing and shopping or whatever you please; we will welcome you with open arms, take a bath or soak or shower makes you feel like you're bathing in the rain; a great kitchen balcony overlooking a beautiful reservoir. Hear your favorite music, eat a snack or whatever, this is what Robert & Gaby your hosts will provide for you. We will greet you as part of our family and for assistance; your privacy and accommodation will be our responsibility and our pleasure.
About the neighborhood:
The neighborhood is quiet and very nice, 100 steps from a family grocery to buy what you need. Walking distance to banks, pharmacy, and 15 minutes from midtown Manhattan (Time Square/Port Authority Bus Terminals). You'll reach Midtown faster from this location than from locations even located in Manhattan.
ABOUT YOUR ROOM and the house:
* Physical keys, so you can come and go as you please
* Real queen bed, very comfy and cozy
* Spacious house
* Original wood floors
* Big balcony where you can smoke
* Free WIFI
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* Share kitchen and bathrooms (one full bath) with other guests
* House is on street level so there are some stairs to walk up although bedrooms are on second level.
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Union City, NJ, a very short direct bus ride to Times Square area
* Five blocks from gorgeous Manhattan views (along Hudson River)
* Best 'cafe con leche' in town on corner. You'll wonder why you spend so much at Starbucks!
* Buses to Manhattan/Times Square run every minute during day, and every 4 minutes at night. Buses run all night.
* Great grocery and wine/liquor stores in the neighborhood including one right on the corner which is open until 11pm
* Very safe neighborhood, lots of great restaurants and bakeries but also very quiet at night.
* Private buses (we call it 'chicken bus') run 24/7 and go directly to Manhattan's Midtown / Port Authority, one block away from Times Square for $2.50 a seat. It's what all the locals use.
* City bus runs every 12 minutes to Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss and every 20 minutes (during commute hours) into Manhattan.
* Easy city bus access to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, much closer and as good as Woodbury Commons.
Great energy and very peaceful! Feel free to message me with any questions!
no smoking, no loud music or TV after-hours of
$50 for parking permit and we reimburse $50 when you return the permit.
About the Host, Gaby & Robert
We are some really nice Latinos, a Cuban and Mexican. Gaby is a teacher and is one of the nicest hosts you'll ever meet. We're both well traveled. Feel free to reach out to us anytime!