About this listing
Great for a large group or party. 4 Bedrooms each with a queen size bed. Very large living room, 2 Kitchens, 2 full bathrooms, one on the first floor and the other in the basement suite. You get 3 floors and it is the ultimate vacation house. :)
Welcome to The Williamsburg Guesthouse. Its comfortable, quiet, and convenient to anywhere in the city (you can see the subway entrance from the front door), its a perfect place for a beautiful NYC getaway.
Located in the heart of trendy Williamsburg, Brooklyn, you will love this place. Its a very clean and fully renovated brooklyn style home. Each room is clean and quiet with a queen size bed that sleeps two. Your room is private! The house is duplex style with a finished basement living area/bedroom.
- Basement Apt: Queen bed, big flat screen TV, private kitchen, private bathroom, closet, and safe. This room can also accommodate a third person a cot-style bed for an additional $50 a night.
- 1st Floor: Living room, Kitchen, Bathroom, Laundry, and Backyard. Hallways are common areas.
- 2nd Floor: The 3 Private Bedrooms, you can rent them separately or all together. Each one is completely private, but its great for parties/groups of people. Hallways are common space.
• Room #1 has a Queen Bed and can sleep 2 comfortably.
• Room #2 has a Queen Bed to sleep 2 comfortably. Also, it has a twin size Murphy Bed for a third person at $50 extra a night. If its 2 people and you still want to use the Murphy Bed, it is still and extra $50 for the use of the bed.
• Room #3 has a Queen Bed and can sleep 2 comfortably. This room can also accommodate a third person a cot-style bed for an additional $50 a night.
- 3rd Floor: My separate and private apt. I have my own kitchen, bath, and so on. Also, Im always here to help, just knock. :-)
The house is right off the Lorimer L-train subway stop (the second stop from Manhattan). You can see the subway entrance from the front stoop of the house.
• Union Square is a 7 minute subway ride and you can get almost anywhere in the city within 20-30 minutes, or less. Take a trip to Times Square without getting hit with all the tourist-trap costs of staying there. The immediate neighborhood offers great/famous bars, restaurants, shops, clubs, and parks. And, the prices are low compared to most places in Manhattan.
• The Bedford Stop (1st stop) is just a 5-7 minute beautiful walk. Its the quintessential "Williamsburg Experience." Very crowded daily, The Guesthouse is very close, but you wont get trampled by all the hipsters.
• Very clean living areas, common areas are cleaned often
• Private Rooms. Each room can lock behind you automatically if you like
• Towels, soaps, and of course, clean sheets provided
• Laundry on the 1st floor (washer and dryer)
• Advanced Push-button locks, no keys to keep track of! You have one code (it only is active for your stay) that allows you entrance to the front doors and all of your rooms
• Free WiFi in the house, with plug-in options too
• Big living room area to relax
• Big flat screen TV in the living room, and Basement
• Apple TV with Hulu Plus and Netflix and HBO-Now and more on-demand
• Full kitchen for cooking, with stainless steal appliances
• Backyard for BBQ'ing and/or hanging out
• Front Stoop with double porch rocking chair (great for people watching)
• A small safe in every room that can fit most laptops and devices
I live at the house too, on the 3rd floor. Its a separate apartment but Im available all the time to help check in/out or answer any questions about the area or the city. You will have a great time staying here. I can be contacted by phone, text, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN), viber, line, or simply knock on my door. Whatever is best for you.
See you soon,
You have access to three floors:
• Basement: Studio apt, Queen Bed, Big TV, Kitchen and Bathroom
• 1st floor (aka ground floor): Living room, TV, Kitchen and Bathroom
• 2nd floor: 3 bedrooms, each with a queen size bed.
PLEASE NOTE, the entrance to the 3rd floor is the owner's separate apartment, please knock before trying to enter. The door is just past Room #3.
Interaction with guests
We make an effort to greet all guests coming into the house. Hill, the owner is here most of the day, so if you need him, just knock on his door. Also, we are reachable by text, airbnb messenger, or other platforms mentioned above.
The neighborhood is amazing. Its the most hip area in NYC at the current moment. We are off the 2nd stop from Manhattan, the Lorimer Stop. You can see the subway entrance from the front door (we are that close). The Lorimer Stop is host to many amazing bars and resturants, live music, comedy, parks, and much more.
The Bedford Stop (1st stop) is just a 5-7 minute beautiful walk. Its the quintessential "Williamsburg Experience." Very crowded daily, The Guesthouse is very close, but you wont get trampled by all the hipsters.
We are in the perfect location. The subway is a 30 second walk to the Lorimer L train. From there, we are 5 minutes to 1st ave in Manhattan, or 7 minutes to Union Square. You can get anywhere around the city from here in 20 minutes or less. Im talking Museums on the upper East to West Sides, or all the way down to The Financial District. It would take longer by taxi generally.
Other things to note
The house is kept very clean. We strive to make it as clean or cleaner than your own home, but with all the modern comforts. If you stay for more than a few days, we can schedule cleaning for the first floor, to keep it nice for you. :-) The Basement, 1st and 2nd Floors are completely for the guesthouse guests.
Not too many rules. No shoes, especially if its raining. And no smoking (of any kind) in the house. There is no curfew (as the city never sleeps), but just be polite to the other guests and neighbors if you are out late, aka after 10pm, be very very quiet, there are plenty of places to go to be loud. :-) Most Bars do not close until 4am in all of NYC.
I, Hill, grew up in Virginia, but have lived in NYC since 2005. So, you get a NY'er with southern hospitality, the best of both worlds. I like to make sure my guests are comfortable and can find the places they want to go. This includes tourist spots, but definitely does not stop there.
As for this house. I bought it and completely gut renovated it out. It was unlivable, and now it is a beautiful, comfortable, modern Brooklyn-style home. I love this house, and I love all of my guests. If you want to stay in the newest rooms, the basement was just finished early 2014. Also, as of March 3rd 2016, I just upgraded the house agin, new floors on the first floor and way more. Its like new again.
I love to travel and meet new people. So having people come to my place is perfect.