This room accommodates up to 4 people (we haveextra single beds).
Here are 10 reasons to stay in this room:
1. You can walk to the tube station in about two minutes.
2. From the station you can be in London Bridge in 5 minutes (about 12 minutes to get to Trafalgar Square).
3. It's in Zone 2 - the zone 1-2 Tavel card is the cheapest.
4. Close to the property you have 24-hour food shops, cafes, restaurants, theatre and a big supermarket (Sainsbury’s).
5. Buses 53 and 453 go from the flat straight into town giving you the tourists views as you pass the London Eye; go over the Westminster Bridge; roll past Big Ben; Parade through Whitehall, passing the Prime minister's residence on Downing Street; semi-circulate Trafalgar Square; all before heading up to Piccadilly Circus, trough Regent's Street; cross Oxford Street before your ride on this London bus comes to an end :o)
6. Despite the fantastic location, your room faces a peaceful garden.
7. The building is a unique mansion block from the late 1800s.
8. Your room is large and has high ceilings.
9. Of course, there is also WI-FI :o)
10. A few minutes walk from Goldsmiths College.
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$17 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Check In:||12:00 PM (noon)|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
The room a good distance from the train and the room itself was clean... but please note it is a shared bathroom and kitchen... which were not so clean. Sidney was very lovely and helpful on the phone, but never met him.
We had a very great time in London! I was at a conference at Goldsmiths and Sidney's place was only a 10-minute walk away from the university, so that was perfect. But it is also very conveniently located to get to other places in the city - Brick Lane, for instance, is not much more than 10 minutes on the Overground. The room was good and Eddy and Sidney were nice hosts. Thanks for everything!
Apartment is in a slightly dodgy neighbourhood.
Toilet is dirty and really small, and apartment is old, so doors and walkways are creaky.
We did not even see Sidney throughout our stay and had to find our way around on our own. But instructions given before check-in was sufficient.
Would only recommend this if you are desperate and really cannot pay for any better apartment.
Perfect location, clean room, access to the city excellent and is in the city center.
I was looking for a cheap, but clean room about 3 days before I went to london. Sidney replied to my emails very quickly, which made a good impression!
He was a great host and a sympatic guy. We met him one time face- to face, but he made sure, that we can call him anytime for some help :) He really made us feel comfortable.
The room was simple and clean and the bed was great!
The baths were too hot for me (but i'm sure, he would have been able to explain how to handle that :) i didn't ask him)
A few minutes to new cross gate and about 10 minutes to London Bridge by Metro.
I recommend him as a host and would contact him, if I go to London again!
I stayed at Sidney's place for a week. I met him very briefly, but I enjoyed his hospitality. I liked my room, everthing was clean and the bed was comfy. The appartment is well located, there are bus stop right next to the door and overgraund station not so far.
Perfect place. Sidney is an excellent host, uncomplicated, sociable and very helpful. The room is spacious and really quiet. The flat is in the borough of Lewisham which is an interesting and amiable part of SE London. Since the station is only some minutes away, London Bridge is accessible very quickly via the Southern Service. All that for a more than resonable price.
Good clean basic rooms that are very quiet despite being in an busy urban location. Sidney runs the whole operation like a true professional, it's more like staying i a boutique hostel than somebodies home.
With it's fantastic transportation links and an ultra competitive price, it's the logical choice for excellent value accommodation in London. It's only a matter of time before Sidney becomes a featured host on AirBnB!
The room is big and very quiet. The bed is comfortable and the toilet and shower are very clean. Sidney is a great host and very clear with instructions and directions.
Sidney is a nice host. He is very helpful and the place is convenient.