I am looking to sublet my UNFURNISHED, fantastic 28th floor River North apartment in the sought-after Chestnut Tower building for below market value starting June 1st thru November 15th, 2012. I am looking for one person to sublet that entire time. I'm a professional and a neat freak, so this apartment is in immaculate condition and has some super amazing features. So, let's get to the good stuff, shall we?
- 615 Square Feet, One Bedroom with an open floor plan kitchen. (Floor plan: (website hidden))
- INSANE views (you’re on the 28th floor after all) - TWO of the apartment walls are outfacing, meaning that you get a nearly panoramic North and West facing view in the living room and the bedroom (you can literally lay in bed, crane your head, and see the Chicago Marathon unfold). This also makes the apartment feel huge and very bright, and is an amazing perk when entertaining.
- Washer / Dryer in unit
- Large Walk-In Bedroom and Hall Closets
- Bright, clean kitchen with white appliances and lots of cabinet and counter space
- Pets okay (Cats and dogs, Limit 2 per apartment, 40 lb weight limit; Deposit for each animal. See Pet Policy here: (website hidden), and you will have to pay for your own pet deposit)
- Heat, A/C, and Hot Water all included (you just pay the very modest electric to pump the heat/A/C out of the vent)
- Location, location, location: The 156 bus is literally across the street (awesome in the winter for those of you who work downtown); The Brown line Chicago stop is 2 blocks away; The Red line Chicago stop is 3 blocks away. There’s a Potash Brother’s Supermarket 3 blocks away, a Whole Foods 5 mins away, and a Trader Joes 10 minutes away (I walk my groceries from there every week and it’s easy). Close enough to the Hubbard or Division Street action, but far enough away that you can escape the douche baggery and get a good night’s sleep. FFC is a few blocks away, Yoga Now is right across the street, and Core Power Yoga is 4 blocks away. And, not only can you see Washington Square Park and the Newberry Library from your windows, it’s a 2 minute walk and a great place to plop down with a book (or a beer) on a sunny afternoon. Most importantly, you are 5 blocks from Michigan Avenue and 7 blocks from the Lakefront (think Oak Street Beach).
- Fenced in, gorgeous dog park attached to the building (this is a difficult-to-find feature in this area)
- Fitness Center in Building
- Business Center in Building (with free coffee and tea and Wi-Fi)
- Incredible 36th floor Outdoor Roof Deck with seating and table football (You can see it here at :58: (website hidden))
- 36th floor Party / Community Room
- Convenient trash chutes and recycling on every floor
- Uncluttered, large, bright hallways (this was important for me, as some of the buildings in the area can feel like you’re staying in the hotel from “The Shining.”)
- 24 Hour Door Attendant and Maintenance -The friendliest door and maintenance peeps you will ever meet (seriously, I’m sad to leave these guys)
- Dry Cleaner in building
- ATM in building
- Secure, Fob-Accessed Bike Room
- On-Site Parking Available (but not included in rent; starting at $265/month)
- Lots of community events, happy hours, and fun stuff. It’s a social, friendly, youthful community
And if I didn’t cover the amenities properly, here’s the brochure: (website hidden)
What’s that, you say? You love it and you want to live here? Yay! Here’s the logistical skinny:
• You would need to apply through Chestnut Tower and undergo a credit/employment/background check, etc. – and that’s $50.
• I require a one-time one month’s rent refundable deposit of $1675
• You would need to activate electricity, cable, and wi-fi, etc, if that’s what you wanted. I won’t be keeping my accounts for these active.
• Parking and pet deposits would be handled through Chestnut Tower, if that’s your jam.
I am only interested in responsible professionals who will sublet for the entire duration of my lease: June 1st – November 15th, 2012.
Email if you have questions or you’d like to see more pics or schedule a walk-thru (seeing is believing)! Thanks.