About this listing
Well-renovated original industrial loft-- the character of old industrial Brooklyn + the comforts of a modern home! 1 block from Bedford L subway. (PRICE VARIES with date and IS accurate AFTER you input dates.)
- very large windows facing the street in the main living space and in the bedroom, so the whole loft gets a lot of sunlight
- hardwood floors
- exposed brick wall
- large 8-person dining table, custom made from antique barn wood from upstate New York
- fully stocked kitchen
- plates, glasses, wine glasses, linen, towels, etc. are all included
- 4 beds in total can accommodate a total of 6 people in the following way:
1 queen-sized bed (2 people) in the bedroom, 1 full-sized sofa bed (2 people) in the living room, and 2 twin-sized air beds (2 people)
- 1 built-in closet for your use
- one AC window unit in the living room and one AC unit in the bedroom
- 2 ceiling fans in the livingroom and 1 in the bedroom
- bathroom has a bathtub with shower-head over it
- piano (bit out of tune) and spanish guitar in the living room
- 2 flat screen high definition TVs (one in the bedroom and one in the livingroom) with Cable Network channels and DVD players
- wifi included
- accessible communal rooftop with tables, chairs and a deck
- communal laundry room on the bottom floor of the building, with washers and dryers available at the cost of $1 per laundry load
Interaction with Guests
I rent my apartment only when I'm out of town for work, so I will be away when you arrive and during your stay. As you can see from the reviews, this has not posed a problem for past guests. I am always very available and responsive to all questions and communication via email, iMessage, (website hidden), (website hidden), text message or phone.
The loft is 2 blocks from BEDFORD Ave in WILLIAMSBURG, Brooklyn. This means it is located out of the clutter and noise of Bedford Ave, yet a 2-minute walk will put you at the epicenter of Williamsburg's restaurant and shopping scene.
About Williamsburg, Brooklyn: This is one of New York's most vibrant and exciting neighborhoods-- tons of boutique designer shops, vintage stores, some of the top-rated restaurants in NYC, organic food stores, independent coffee shops, weekend flea markets, farmers markets, art galleries, coffee shops, Brooklyn Bowl, McCarren Park (with running track), wine bars, beer gardens, all sorts of bars, live music venues, movie theaters, etc. All of this is outside the doorstep of my loft.
- 1 block from the BEDFORD L SUBWAY STOP in WILLIAMSBURG, Brooklyn (that means only 1 stop away from Manhattan's East Village)
- 5 blocks from the Metropolitan G subway stop
Other Things to Note
I speak speak English, French, Spanish and Romanian, so you may communicate with me in any of those languages.
* ADDITIONAL cleaning fee of $75 for 1 night rentals
* The PRICE per night varies according to the date. Please do not message me to ask what the final cost is. The cost of your reservation is EXACTLY as Airbnb indicates after you input the exact dates of your reservation request. This is the quickest and most accurate way to find out how much your stay will cost.
* No smoking or pets in the apartment please. I'm very allergic to them, especially cats.
* Please do not smoke indoors.
* Please be clean. I keep my home very clean and would like to come back to it in the same condition.
*** NO SMOKING or PETS. I'm very allergic to them, especially cats.
*** Please be clean. I keep my home very clean and would like to come back to it in the same condition.
Dining table and benches custom-made from antique barn wood from upstate NY and hand-made silk tapestry from Kashmir, India
Diana was very fast to reply questions regarding her listing. She very clearly described the functioning of the apartment, even though she was traveling. Her place was very clean, well-organized, well-equipped and has a wonderful, original atmosphere. It is also in a prime location in North Williamsburg, yet on a quiet street. Her listing description is accurate and I would recommend and encourage anyone to stay at her loft.
Excellent loft...excellent location. All mod cons readily available...diana was easy to get in touch with & very responsive to all communications ...would love to stay @ the same place again.
Fantastic apartment- beautiful, immaculately clean, location was amazing (1 block from the train) couldn't have been happier with my experience. Not mentioned in the description but definitely included: gorgeous massive rooftop. Will definitely be coming back next time.
Had a great weekend at Diana's - fit five not-small guys in the place, with the air mattresses being surprisingly comfy. The location can't be beat - close to the L, but honestly we spent days just walking to great food and drink in wburg, greenpoint. Shower was hot and water pressure was good. Would definitely recommend.
The host canceled this reservation 5 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
I had to cancel Stuart's reservation because of extenuating circumstances with my work-- I suddenly received news that required me to be home for the couple of weeks. I'm a photographer and if I didn't cancel this reservation and stay home, the risk was literally losing an entire solo exhibition at the best venue a photojournalist could imagine. This would have been disastrous to my career. My sincerest apologies to Stuart and his friend.
The host canceled this reservation the day before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Diego made a reservation and I had to cancel it about 15 minutes later. This was because of extenuating circumstances with my work-- I suddenly received news that required me to be home for the couple of weeks. I'm a photographer and if I didn't cancel this reservation and stay home, the risk was literally losing an entire solo exhibition, which would have been disastrous to my career. My sincerest apologies to Diego and his friends.
This was a 5-star experience all around! A clean and beautiful home in the perfect location!
About the Host, Diana
Hello, everybody! I am a photographer who also spent years as a humanitarian aid worker, employed by major international organizations (UN, Oxfam, Save the Children, etc.) responding in areas affected by natural disasters or conflict. I travel a lot (sometimes on very short notice) and I rent out my home while I'm gone. Once upon a time, I was also an aspiring painter, which is what first brought me to Williamsburg over ten years ago, back when artists flocked to the neighborhood's cheap rents. The neighborhood has changed drastically since then, becoming one of New York's most sought-after, full of unique restaurants and bars, boutique stores, flea markets, music venues, etc. My home is a loft in an original industrial factory building that was one of the first in the neighborhood to be renovated and converted into residential living spaces. It provides modern comforts while still retaining the original details and character of historic industrial Williamsburg.
* I speak English, French, Spanish and Romanian so you may communicate with me in any of those languages.