Note: No hidden fees! Our pricing includes the 14.5% DC Sales Tax, cleaning, linens, and utilities.
This contemporary and visually striking apartment is in a private home owned by an architect. The location is the highly desirable and close-in Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. You’re a short stroll to a host of fine dining and casual restaurants, Sushi spots, shops, cafes, gourmet takeouts, a fine wine shop, a yoga studio and a Farmer’s Market. The area inspires nostalgic feelings of neighborhood comfort, while allowing you to be a stone’s throw away from the city’s urban dynamic. Enjoy the rattle and hum of metro DC while treating yourself to the perfect end-of-day (or night) retreat at Architect’s Abode.
You’ll make your entrance into Architect’s Abode through French doors on the side of the house. The Abode’s smart interior design and sense of aesthetic continuity inspires a feeling of relaxation and comfort. This sophisticated one bedroom is tastefully furnished with a comfortable living room and a table facing a large window for dining and working or just contemplating the scenery! The kitchenette is stocked for simple food preparation and features a ceramic stove top, microwave, coffee maker, panini maker (essential!), blender, refrigerator and toaster oven.
The apartment accommodates a single or couple with a double-sized bed, or a couple with one child on the sofa.
Need to connect with nature? The house backs onto National Parkland with hiking trails to the historic Potomac River and Fletcher’s Boat House, or stay on trails that meander for miles through verdant, historic woods. It’s hard to believe that you are at the epicenter of global politics when you are surrounded by an abundance of nature and tranquility. Come experience both sides of DC!
Transportation is a breeze with the D6 and D5 bus lines. Forget taking a tour bus, Grab a Starbucks Coffee, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most historic neighborhoods in the city!
• Full cable TV
• Kitchenette stocked for cooking,
• Fresh, clean linens,
• Full bath with shower
• Private entrance
• Unrestricted, safe street parking.
C. LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village. Within 4 to 5 blocks in either direction you will find restaurants, coffee shops, cafes, pizza, an upscale wine store, superb fish market, sushi restaurants, Farmers Market, Safeway, CVS, post office, banks, dry cleaners, yoga studio, churches and community library.
• Approximately 1.5 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
• Get your culture on! What makes this city unique? You are a 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials and Smithsonian museums (all public museums are free!). You are a mere 15 minute drive to the impressive Kennedy Center where there is a free performance every night at 6pm.
• An outdoor lover’s paradise in the middle of the city! The house sits directly next to Battery-Kemble National Park. Hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, Kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Canal Trail, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• The Palisades Park and Recreation Center has free tennis courts, basketball courts, baseball diamond, turf soccer field and enclosed children's play area with swings, sandbox and climbing structures.
• Nationally regarded and ultra-modern Wilson public swim center, boasts an Olympic sized pool and interactive kids pool and is just a short drive away.
• We are on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner of V St. and MacArthur Blvd NW 1/2 block away) to Georgetown, DuPont Circle, West End, The World Bank & IMF, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station, The Capital...i.e. literally everything.
• From the major transportation hubs you can reach out to trendy hot-spots like U-Street, Adams Morgan or Chinatown. Travel like a native with our insider guide to navigating the city (provided with your confirmation).
• For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house. Enter our location as “MacArthur Blvd NW & Chain Bridge Rd NW”.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$20 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$891 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2673 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
Coming from Lake Tahoe, California, this was the perfect getaway right in the heart of Washington DC. On a major transit route that serves all regions of DC, this little apartment is perfect for those who want to see it all and then have some solitude when the sightseeing is done. The apartment sits on the edge of a national park: I couldn't believe that in Washington DC I could hike three hours on trails in the woods right out the door. I biked the trails that run along the canal and Potomac, and took advantage of the public transit when I wanted a little more action. There's a fabulous farmer's market within walking distance on Sunday mornings (the waffles for Sunday breakfast are the best!!!!), along with a couple markets and pharmacies, restaurants, banks, a post office, Starbucks and the public library. In addition, the library at Architect's Abode made me wish I had months to stay right there in the city, rather than just a few days. The bed was super comfortable, the linens were fine quality, the hosts were very gracious and unimposing, the accommodations were clean and welcoming. It felt like coming home to my secret room with a view: I will definitely be coming back!
Had a great stay in the Architect's Abode! The hosts were incredibly warm and very helpful in showing us around the apartment and how everything works! Very warm, homey atmosphere with beautiful lighting throughout. The living room has several DC guides that would be useful for any visitor. Really appreciate how speedy Charlotte was to respond to any questions! The apartment is very close to M street and all the other fun downtown DC distractions; conveniently, Safeway and CVS are very close by as well. Will definitely look to book again the next time I'm in town!
After an arduous process of getting confirmed by the management of the property, we waited for quite awhile to hear from the owner about getting access to the property. During our dinner, I finally received a call from the owner - unaware we had been booked. She needed to check with the property manager. Right after dinner, we received an apologetic call from the manager who told us they needed to cancel our stay.
We were disappointed and had to rush to find alternative accommodations for the next few days. As this was our first attempt to use this service, we were disappointed and discouraged to try again.
This comfortable apartment is as beautiful as it looks in the photos. Very well fitted with many thoughtful extra touches. The kitchen and bathroom are newly fitted and especially good.
Situated in a quiet forested suburb, a car would be ideal as there is street parking, however it is also very accessible by public transport. We did not have a car but the bus route is a short walk and runs every 20 mins into Georgetown, Du Pont circle and Downtown.
The owners are really hospitable and friendly, ready to help and give local maps and advice.
We enjoyed our 4day visit, the choice of local restaurants is great, with Starbucks and shops also only a short walk away.
It was like home away from home and we would love to return on another visit.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.