Private lockable north facing room with a queen bed, fresh linens and towels, a large closet, newly installed bamboo flooring. Room is on second level of house with common areas on 1st floor. Plenty of space in kitchen to store your food items.
From our place you'll have very easy transit access to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Madison Square Garden, Central Park and all the New York attractions.
ABOUT YOUR ROOM and the house:
* Keypad code and key to your room so that you can come and go as you please
* Real Queen bed, very comfy and cozy.
* Spacious house
* Brand new bamboo wood floors
* Big backyard where you can smoke
* Free WIFI
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* Share kitchen and bathrooms (one full bath, one powder room) with other guests
* House is on street level so there are no stairs to walk up although bedrooms are on second level.
* Baby grand piano you can play
* LGBT friendly
Sheets, bath towels, hand towels, hair dryer, soaps and shampoos are all provided, so you can lighten your travel load by excluding those items.
You'll have an access code to the door lock which will allow you to come and go as you please. Guests have access to any part of the home that you see in the pictures and need not confine themselves to their rooms (unless they wish to do so). There's a yard in the back that may also be used in nicer weather.
Please note that the pictures are all official AirBNB photos! This means you are guaranteed to that what you see is what you'll get, no surprises here!
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Union City, NJ, a very short direct bus ride to Times Square area
* Five blocks from gorgeous Manhattan views (along Hudson River)
* Best 'cafe con leche' in town on corner. You'll wonder why you spend so much at Starbucks!
* Buses to Manhattan/Times Square run every minute during day, and every 4 minutes at night. Buses run all night.
* Great grocery and wine/liquor stores in the neighborhood including one right on the corner which is open until 11pm
* Very safe neighborhood, lots of great restaurants and bakeries but also very quiet at night.
About Transportation: I have received many questions from people who don't believe it possible to be outside of Manhattan and so close to it, yet it's true. Here are some facts about transportation:
1. Apartment is 5 minutes (6 blocks) from the bus stop.
2. The bus is very frequent, I rarely wait for it more than 2 to 3 minutes. Most of the time you won't even wait at all. You will step to the bus stop and a bus will be there.
3. Buses are available 24/7 so you can catch them even when you spend the whole evening out.
4-The price of these express buses is $3 onboard, and $2.50 if you buy tickets at ticket window #23 at Port Authority Bus Terminal
5. You won't find these buses timetable or route on the internet, it's a private bus company that runs many lines in and out of Manhattan
* City bus runs every 12 minutes to Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss and every 20 minutes (during commute hours) into Manhattan
* Easy city bus access to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, much closer and as good as Woodbury Commons
Many ask about the price and extra fees and how to pay. When you put in the dates and number of people you will get our total cost. There are no taxes or cleaning fees on top of this, but AirBnB adds their fee. It varies between 6-12% on top of our price.
All the payments are safely made with credit card to AirBnB when booking. They hold the money until the day you check in and will then transfer it to us.
Bookings with us are done with the "strict" cancellation policy and all cancellations should be done through AirBnB. This being said, if we manage to re-rent the place the nights you have canceled we can give a bigger refund to you than what the strict cancellation policy dictates. The earlier you cancel the bigger the chance that we will find other guests.
DEPOSIT IS FOR KEYS AND WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU BY AIRBNB WHEN KEYS ARE RETURNED.
To confirm that you have read the entire description, please include the secret word "bloomberg" in your inquiry to me.
Check out by 11am STRICT
Great energy and very peaceful! Feel free to message me with any questions!
Wifi, TV, kitchen, piano, guest laptop in kitchen
I'm happy to help you find a great show to see, a fantastic restaurant for a special celebration or a great New York gift for your granny. I don't live at this listing, but I'm not far away and you can always reach me by phone or email.
This is a friendly and secure working class neighborhood. You can walk home at night without worrying. We live in a predominently Latino area that might not look like your neighborhood, but where you can find great food, nice people and lots of shops/services
From Manhattan I recommend taking the small commuter buses in front of the New York TImes building on 8th Ave. Lots of "official" buses as well, but they run less often.
Make sure you look at my Guidebook for some tips and suggestions.
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$15 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Monthly Price:||$1400 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
I stayed one night at Maria and Jay's wonderful house, now i wish i could stay longer! Their place is modern, clean and comfortable, even better than it's shown in the pictures. My room is warm, quiet and cozy, with everything to make me feel at home.
Maria and Jay are friendly and are always there to help. Thanks to their advice, it was easier for me to travel to NY. I would surly recommend it to my friends and would come back again!
The house is really very clean, which is important to me~Maria is really a nice host, I had't seen her but every time when I need help she would answer very patiently~15 mins to the Time Square, that is true!!
The stay at marias house was just wonderful! ! We got all the information we wanted and needed im advance and if we had any questions they were always there for us. The house and especially the room was very cozy and beautiful! Everything was as shown as on the pictures on the Internet. This was our first time with airbnb and we knew we would come back to this place or recommend it the second we stept in to the house. If you are looking for a location that is a 20 minute bustrip away from times square this is a great place to stay!
Nice, clean, quiet
lovely location and its really not too far from new york! maria is a great host, providing us with lots of food and water when hurricane sandy hit. and she is so open and friendly, it sure feels like home to me (: and one thing i really liked about this neighbourhood is the abundance of different latino food places around. i would really come back again (:
We had a great time, fantastic house, good clean room, wonderfull hosts. Transportation was easy into Manhattan.
Thank you very much for everything!
Hope to see you again.
Maria's house is really great. You share the house and bathroom with the persons staying in the other 2 rooms, nevertheless there was never a problem with bathroom time. The trip with the chicken bus to Manhattan is very quick and it's really easy (I had no clue what to expect). The house is located in a hispanic neighborhood with a lot of great restaurants. A short walk down to the Hudson offers a great view on the skyline of Manhattan.
Maria was very good . she came out from the house to recieve me and helped me in checking in . she explained me everything about the house . i had a wonderful stay ay Maria place .
This is the second occasion I have enjoyed a short stay at Maria's, so I knew from previous experience that it would be clean, comfortable and welcoming. I wasn't disappointed. Unfortunately I didn't see Maria during my stay but everything was prepared and available, which was great as I arrived very late after a long flight. The neighborhood is nice too and I was able to explore it a little further on this visit. Maria's recommendations and directions are perfect. Thank you!
Great place, would definitely visit again!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.