Please make sure that you check all my listings under my profile, and if you don't find the dates you're looking for, shoot me an inquiry anyways and I'll do what I can to help you, including recommending other great local hosts. I’m a proud SuperHost with over 600 positive reviews. From our place you'll have very easy transit access to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Madison Square Garden, Central Park and all the New York attractions.
ABOUT YOUR ROOM and the house:
* Keypad code (no physical keys) so you can come and go as you please
* Real Queen bed, very comfy and cozy.
* Spacious house
* Brand new bamboo wood floors
* Big backyard where you can smoke
* Free WIFI
* Includes all linens, blankets, towels and pillows
* Share kitchen and bathrooms (one full bath, one powder room) with other guests
* House is on street level so there are no stairs to walk up although bedrooms are on second level.
* Baby grand piano you can play
* LGBT friendly
Sheets, bath towels, hand towels, hair dryer, soaps and shampoos are all provided, so you can lighten your travel load by excluding those items.
You'll have an access code to the door lock which will allow you to come and go as you please. Guests have access to any part of the home that you see in the pictures and need not confine themselves to their rooms (unless they wish to do so). There's a yard in the back that may also be used in nicer weather.
Please note that the pictures are all official AirBNB photos! This means you are guaranteed to that what you see is what you'll get, no surprises here!
ABOUT THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
* Located in Union City, NJ, a very short direct bus ride to Times Square area
* Five blocks from gorgeous Manhattan views (along Hudson River)
* Best 'cafe con leche' in town on corner. You'll wonder why you spend so much at Starbucks!
* Buses to Manhattan/Times Square run every minute during day, and every 4 minutes at night. Buses run all night.
* Great grocery and wine/liquor stores in the neighborhood including one right on the corner which is open until 11pm
* Very safe neighborhood, lots of great restaurants and bakeries but also very quiet at night.
About Transportation: I have received many questions from people who don't believe it possible to be outside of Manhattan and so close to it, yet it's true. Here are some facts about transportation:
1. Apartment is 5 minutes (6 blocks) from the bus stop.
2. The bus is very frequent, I rarely wait for it more than 2 to 3 minutes. Most of the time you won't even wait at all. You will step to the bus stop and a bus will be there.
3. Buses are available 24/7 so you can catch them even when you spend the whole evening out.
4-The price of these express buses is $3 onboard, and $2.50 if you buy tickets at ticket window #23 at Port Authority Bus Terminal
5. You won't find these buses timetable or route on the internet, it's a private bus company that runs many lines in and out of Manhattan
* City bus runs every 12 minutes to Hoboken, home of the Cake Boss and every 20 minutes (during commute hours) into Manhattan
* Easy city bus access to Jersey Garden Outlet Mall, much closer and as good as Woodbury Commons
Many ask about the price and extra fees and how to pay. When you put in the dates and number of people you will get our total cost. There are no taxes or cleaning fees on top of this, but AirBnB adds their fee. It varies between 6-12% on top of our price.
All the payments are safely made with credit card to AirBnB when booking. They hold the money until the day you check in and will then transfer it to us.
Bookings with us are done with the "strict" cancellation policy and all cancellations should be done through AirBnB. This being said, if we manage to re-rent the place the nights you have canceled we can give a bigger refund to you than what the strict cancellation policy dictates. The earlier you cancel the bigger the chance that we will find other guests.
DEPOSIT IS FOR KEYS AND WILL BE REFUNDED TO YOU BY AIRBNB WHEN KEYS ARE RETURNED.
To confirm that you have read the entire description, please include the secret word "bloomberg" in your inquiry to me.
Check out by 11am STRICT
Great energy and very peaceful! Feel free to message me with any questions!
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$15 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Monthly Price:||$1400 /month|
|Check In:||3:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
I stayed one night at Maria and Jay's wonderful house, now i wish i could stay longer! Their place is modern, clean and comfortable, even better than it's shown in the pictures. My room is warm, quiet and cozy, with everything to make me feel at home.
Maria and Jay are friendly and are always there to help. Thanks to their advice, it was easier for me to travel to NY. I would surly recommend it to my friends and would come back again!
The house is really very clean, which is important to me~Maria is really a nice host, I had't seen her but every time when I need help she would answer very patiently~15 mins to the Time Square, that is true!!
The stay at marias house was just wonderful! ! We got all the information we wanted and needed im advance and if we had any questions they were always there for us. The house and especially the room was very cozy and beautiful! Everything was as shown as on the pictures on the Internet. This was our first time with airbnb and we knew we would come back to this place or recommend it the second we stept in to the house. If you are looking for a location that is a 20 minute bustrip away from times square this is a great place to stay!
Nice, clean, quiet
Couldn't be happier with our stay at Maria's: lovely, well-kept home; nice neighborhood and location; and great attention to details that made us feel welcome and at home. Maria was also prompt and gracious with communication. Too bad we didn't get to meet in person!
Thanks, Maria! :)
Loved staying at Maria's place. My stay was very comfortable. Maria has done a great job at decorating the place. The kitchen is super clean (as is rest of the house). Thanks Maria!!
Novamente tive uma ótima experiência me hospedando com Maria Costa. O quarto e toda a casa em geral continuam em perfeitas condições. Excelente opção para quem não faz questão de ficar na ilha de Manhattan.
It was a great stay. Very good value for money. The house is clean. Although we didn't have much communication with Maria but we felt clearly that she is an experienced airbnb host.
I had a wonderful stay. Just as Maria said, you never have to wait for the chicken buses as there were so many of them. It can take about 50min to get to NYC during the peak hours though, other times it's just a 15min bus ride. Maria has a nice living room and kitchen too, but i didn't have much time to use them. Would stay there again next time i visit.
Our stay here was amazing! After reading reviews we had high expectations and these expectations were exceeded! If traveling to New York area, I highly recommend staying here. Maria was a great host, everything we needed was provided and she was very helpful when I had questions. When I travel back to New York, I will be staying here for sure.