About this listing
6 bedroom 4/bath modern farmhouse w/massive kitchen, outdoor patio fireplace! Seen in: HGTV, FINE LIVING, NY Mag & featured in County Living Mag 6/16. The event barn is extra. Contact us about rates. We never rent the barn separate of main house rental so no worries. We have everything from Spas to Wineries to Hiking to Rafting and Kayaking. This rental is rare with everything you need to relax, connect and make fine meals. Our VIP concierge service is an additional fee. Please inquire.
Our Farmhouse is a serene luxury residence located 2 hours from New York City on the border of Pennsylvania and NY State in Shohola, PA. Shohola is Native American meaning peace and tranquility. This property is situated on 5 pastoral acres, overlooking the Catskills of New York. The Farm is a newly renovated 1866 boarding house which was historically used to board patrons of the former Shohola Falls Glenn amusement park which, in its hey day, brought thousands of people each weekend at the turn of the century. This luxury home sleeps 12 people (this includes infants & children…we do not accommodate more than 12 people total).
There is a massive gourmet kitchen-living area and a massive spa-like full bathroom on the main floor. On the second floor there are 3 queen sized beds (one per room), 2 twin beds in another room and 4 twin beds in the bunkhouse room. There are also two massive bathrooms on the second floor. The third floor is the en suite bedroom, complete with a king sized bed and spa like bathing room with a massive window overlooking the property.
During Spring/Summer/Fall we have a 2 huge outdoor patios that include a stainless steel gas grilling and all grilling accessories. Want use our Easy styled barn? The barn is AMAZING and has been featured on TV and in magazines. We also host special events in the barn for our renters so JUST ASK!
You'll wake up to fresh pastoral country air every morning. You can hike, kayak, paint, cook or just do nothing! After all, we all retreat in different ways.
Yes, most people get cell service here at the farm. Our high speed internet wifi will also keep you easily connected.
Once you arrive at the farm you will be greeted by your host and oriented to the home. Should you need advice on area activities there is a three-ring book at the house filled with suggestions and directions.
Please know that we attempt to accommodate reservations. The earlier you reserve the better.
Noise and Respect Agreement:
We are very committed to keeping the outdoor environment peaceful and respectful. Therefore, we need all renters to be committed to wrapping up all outdoor activities after 10:30 pm.
If you'd like to host an event in our Etsy styled barn, which has an additional fee, please read below.
Events in the Barn:
We host MANY seasonal events here. In the past we have had numerous weddings, yoga retreats, fundraisers, barn dances, concerts and parties. Our fully restored barn is an idyllic place to celebrate or meditate. ***There is an additional fee for use of this space depending on your event.
We can rent our Barn to you during your stay.
Barn Rental fees (house rental required)
12 ppl or less - barn rental fee is $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) ppl - barn rental fee is $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) ppl - barn rental fee is $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) ppl - barn rental fee is $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)*
THE 4 NIGHT WEDDING RATE (Thursday - Sunday) - Up to 125 people max
Our Event Director will work with you to make your event spectacular.
Main House includes:
-Lodging for 4 nights (Thursday-Sunday)
-6 bedroom 3,600 sf designer farmhouse for up to 12 guests (no camping or additional sleep over guests during stay)
-4 oversized bathrooms
-Linens & toiletries
-1,000 SF bluestone patio with grill, furniture and fireplace
-WiFi and cell phone access
-Exclusive use of the restored 2,000 SF Pennsylvania Dutch Bank Barn with additional 500 sq ft outdoor attached patio with overhang
-Summer “finishing” kitchen in barn which includes: indoor vintage gas stove, sink and refrigerator
-Locally milled wood and metal 10ft tables and vintage grange chairs for up to 75 people
-On-site parking for 40 cars
-Edison string lights throughout the property
-A portable PA system
-On-site high-end portable bathrooms for day of event
-WiFi and cell phone access
Our Event Director will handle all your logistics for your event. Including;
-Setup and breakdown
-Day of logistics
-Act as liaison with our preferred vendor list of florists, chefs/caterers, pig roaster, wedding designers, party supply rentals, table top rental, photographers, DJs and musicians
-2 parking attendants
Ceremony Options included on property;
-Tree growing out of large bluestone boulder
-A 5 acre open pastoral field
-The restored Pennsylvania Dutch Bank Barn
-The apple grove and surrounding blue stone walls
-Rehearsal Dinner, Barbecues, Sunday Brunch
-Illuminated wood sculptures
*additional fees will apply
To reserve your event a 50% deposit is required to hold your date. The full balance will be due six months before the event.
Cancellation within 30 days of the effective date of the agreement will result in a 50% refund of payments received. Cancellation after 30 days of the effective date of the agreement will result in a 100% forfeiture of the retainer and any other payments received.
Vendors must adhere to the terms of our policies and it is client responsibility to share these policies with them. All vendors must provide proof of insurance 30 days prior to event.
Our licensed catering company must serve food for the day. The caterer will provide a full cooking and serving staff including at least one bartender if alcohol is being served. The caterer is responsible for the set-up, breakdown, and cleanup of the catered site. The main farmhouse is not to used by any catering personnel.
The wedding party is liable for any damage to Cooper's Farmhouse, its grounds, equipment and facilities, during your stay at the farm. Barn renter is required to obtain event insurance for no less than $3M in liability, listing Cooper's Farmhouse as the co-insured.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
There will be parking available for 40 cars a short one minute walk from the barn. We recommend however that a bus service be hired to shuttle guests between their accommodations and Cooper's Farmhouse for your guest's safety and convenience. Cooper's Farmhouse will provide 2 on-site parking attendants.
Guests have access to entire grounds of property. When you rent it, it's all yours. WE DO NOT RENT THE BARN TO ANOTHER GROUP WHILE YOU HAVE THE HOUSE AND VICE VERSA.
Check in is after 3 pm. Check-out is by noon.
Interaction with guests
Very little interaction with guests. We have a property manager who will respond in case of emergencies.
Other things to note
Your Airbnb LEASE AGREEMENT for this property
1. RENT. $763 per night December 1 - April 30. $872 May 1 - Nov 30. This includes 6% state and 3% hotel tax required by PA law. We have a 2 night minimum and on holiday weekends a 3 night minimum. Early Check in: $150. Late check out: $150.
2. USE OF PREMISES. The Premises shall be used and occupied by a maximum of 12 tenants per this lease (this includes all children) exclusively, as a short term dwelling. Tenant shall comply with any and all laws, ordinances, rules and orders of any and all governmental or quasi-governmental authorities affecting the cleanliness, use, occupancy and preservation of the Premises.
3. CONDITION OF PREMISES. Tenant has examined the Premises, and that they are at the time of this rental Lease in good order, repair, and in a safe, clean and tenantable condition. The residence will be vacated in the same condition found on arrival. All dishes will be cleaned prior to departure. A video of the premises is taken prior to every arrival as a way of documenting condition.
4. HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. Tenant shall not keep on the Premises
any item of a dangerous, flammable or explosive character that might unreasonably increase the danger of fire or explosion on the Premises or that might be considered hazardous or extra hazardous by any responsible insurance company. This a non-smoking residence. Smoking residue found at time of termination of this rental will be considered damage.
5. INSPECTION OF PREMISES. Landlord and Landlord's agents shall have the right at all reasonable times during the term of this Agreement and any renewal thereof to enter the Premises for the purpose of inspecting the Premises and all buildings and improvements thereon. And for the purposes of making any repairs, additions or alterations as may be deemed appropriate by Landlord for the preservation of the Premises or the building.
6. TENANT'SHOLDOVER. If Tenant remains in possession of the Premises without the consent of Landlord after the natural expiration of this Agreement, the tenant will be held responsible for all fees encumbered by the landlord. Further, an hourly fee of $100 per hour will be assessed for non removal of the residence at the agreed upon time. Check in at the residence is at 3 pm or thereafter on the day of arrival. Check out is by Noon on the day of departure. This must be adhered to unless tenant receives written approval prior by landlord.
7. SURRENDER OF PREMISES. Upon the expiration of the term hereof, Tenant shall surrender the Premises in as good a state and condition as they were at the commencement of this agreement.
9. TENANT LIMITATIONS. No more than 12 residents are allowed to reside at the residence during this time period.
10. ANIMALS. Animals are prohibited from this residence.
11. INDEMNIFICATION. Landlord shall not be liable for any damage
or injury of or to the Tenant, Tenant's family, guests, invitees, agents or employees or to any person entering the Premises or the building of which the Premises are a part or to goods or equipment, or in the structure or equipment of the structure of which the Premises are a part, and Tenant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Landlord harmless from any and all claims or assertions of every kind and nature as applied to the duration of stay at the Farm.
12. Garbage must be placed in plastic bags trash bins located on porch of residence. All bags are to be tied before placing in garbage bins. When bins are filled, tenant will notify property manager.
14. Noise and Fires: All renters are fully committed to wrapping up all outdoor activities by 10:30 pm. If there are complaints about noise and/or about abusing this policy you will be asked to leave the premises immediately. We need to keep the farm a pleasant and restful place for renters and our neighbors. All outdoor fires are prohibited, no exceptions.
15. Weather: Landlord is not responsible for changes in weather systems affecting travel, internet or electricity. Landlord will make all reasonable attempts to resolve any reported loss of services due to interfering weather issues. There exists a 17kw Generac generator on premises so power outages are virtually impossible here :)
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 141 reviews for other properties.View other reviews