* The apartment has been upgraded in November 2013.
More Spacious, More Comfy and More Convenient!
* To save you waiting for the time of confirm availability, in general, I will be updated my apartments calendar every 2-3 days. Therefore as you can see, you can instant book the available apartment in the calendar.
* If this apartment is unavailable in the calendar, you can see my similar listing in the same location as follow:
* The exact address: 777 Meihua Road(near Baiyang Road), Pudong.
* Close to the metro line 2 Century Park Station(about 100 meters), 3 minutes walk to the Century Park, about 500 meters to the New International Expo Center.
* This is a lovely and spacious(140sqm) elevator apartment on the 3rd floor. It has 3 bedrooms, 4 beds(3 double beds and 1 sofa bed), 2 bathrooms, a seperate kitchen, a large living & dining area and balcony.
* More fast and stable WiFi(10M bit/s) - Support more devices, only yourself use.
* HD TV, digital cable TV, air conditioner, refrigerator, washer machine, microwave oven, kettle, hair dryer, rice cooker, iron/iron board(only for required).
* There are many banks, supermarket, luxury hotels, stores, coffee bars, restaurants, 5A office buildings and the Will's gym(with swimming pool) nearby.
The traffic is very convenient, you can easily go to anywhere you want. Only 1 stop by metro to the Metro Line 2/7 Longyang Road Station and Maglev Station, 4 stops can go to the Bund and Lujiazui.
Get here from Pudong International Airport(PVG) (about 33km) :
* Subway: Metro line 2 to Century Park -- 6rmb/40mins
* Maglev + Subway: Maglev transfer (at Longyang Road) to Metro line 2 (get off at Century Park) -- 43rmb/30mins
* Taxi: 120rmb/40mins
Get here from Hongqiao Airport(SHA) & Hongqiao Railway Station (about 31km) :
* Subway: Metro line 2 to Century Park -- 6rmb/55mins
* Taxi: 100rmb/60mins
3. Free Services
* Free high-speed internet access and WIFI(10M bit/s).
* Start-up services kit - Fresh bed linen & towels, toilet paper, hand soap, dish detergent, tissue paper.
* Free cleaning and change bed linen & towels once a week.
* Free the utilities fee(water, electricity and gas).
* Before booking, please fully read my "House Rules", and provide us with a little more information about yourself.
* If you would like to have more space, you can find and know more about my other listings in this website.
* Anything to make your stay more enjoyable and comfortable, please message to me and I'll happily do it as soon as I can.
Hope to see you soon!
Claud is very friendly. We had to check out very early in the morning, he came in time and we did the check out uncomplicated.
The flat is modern and comfortable, you have all facilities, you could need in your practices of daily life.
The location is great! Metro-station is very near, one could get everywhere quickly.
Claud, thank you very much again for all!
My colleague and I enjoyed staying in Claud's home. It was spacious, well-furnished, and well stocked with all of the basic necessities. The showers had ample hot water and we were pleasantly surprised to discover that the bathrooms also contained built-in heaters.
The internet connection was quite speedy and the wireless signal was strong from all rooms.
Other convenient points; the apartment is walking distance to Kerry Center (and tons of restaurants), walking distance to Century Park subway station, and has a convenience store across the street. Getting a taxi outside the apartment takes, on average, about 17.2 seconds.
Also, Claud was kind enough to meet us at the apartment even though our flight was late, and showed up at 6am on the day we checked out so that we could turn in the keys, collect our deposit, and make our flight on time.
So, thanks for everything, Claud!
-good location, subway very close
-we were staying with 3 kids and it´s perfect with the large table and 6 chairs
-communication and support with Claud was perfect
Claud was very nice and helpful during our check in. Too bad his English is a little poor but you will get used to it while in China :)
The metro is walking distance and the neighborhood is safe, very traditional and residential.
The only bad point of the house was the shower which is timed bath tube, besides that everything was clean and fine.
The matrasses were very comfortable but we would not reccommend it to a group larger than 4.
The location of the apartment is very good - one block away from the Central Park and only 2 minutes from the subway (Metro) station. It takes only 1 stop to the Maglev station and only 2-4 stops to get to the main city attractions on both sides of the river.
The apartment is facing a courtyard, i.e. it is not exposed to direct street noise. However, since it is located in a large apartment house and surrounded by other large apartment houses, there is some "people traffic" and morning sport exercises with respective music in the courtyard. But that was never a real issue.
Central European building and maintenance standards should not be expected. This is also true for the condition of the interior and the bathrooms. The kitchen is a bit of a challenge - although it appears relatively clean at the first glance: furniture is falling apart and the surfaces were generally greasy and sticky. It did not get better when opening cupboards. We decided to only use the fridge.
Wireless LAN generally works, but with unpredictable interruptions and it can be slow on occasions. A fallback solution is the WLAN of a neighbour who has no password protection for his WLAN ;-)
Claud is a very nice host. He always responded rapidly to emails and phone calls. We arranged everything by email ahead of our arrival and he was there only minutes after we called once we arrived. For our check out he also tried to accommodate our schedule - much appreciated !
Great apartment in a great location: The subway station is a short walk away (5-10 minutes) and there’s a giant supermarket close by. However, the place could do with the attention of a handyman for a couple of hours, as many of the light fittings and electrical sockets are loose. As other reviewers have also mentioned, the power tends to trip.
We arrived too early on our arrival day, so the flat wasn't prepared, but Claud let us crash in his own apartment which was in the same complex. The flat is well located near Century Park underground stop, only a few stops away from the centre.
The flat itself is functional, but very tired looking and quite dirty. The kitchen surfaces, cutlery and crockery were greasy, so we ended up eating out all the time. The decor has definitely seen better days and so have the finishings (sockets and ceiling lights broken out of the wall etc). We only got one set of very thin towels which is not enough when it is so humid outside, they never got dry.
Claud's a nice enough guy but doesn't speak a lot of English and hardly makes any effort to make you feel welcome. All in all, the experience was okay but we wouldn't stay there again.
I apologize for you encountered the kitchen surfaces, cutlery and crockery were greasy. At the same date, my last guests check-out at 1pm, they used the kicthen, so we did not have enough time to clean up the kitchen and tableware more cleaner. To avoid this unpleasant brought to the guests, we have always been free cleaning the large apt more than 130sqm.
This is just a convenient and functional 3 bedrooms apartment, not a luxury and new.
The towels need to be cleaned after use and hang dry, if the guests need two and more bath towels per person, please let me know in advance.
To bring you unpleasant I apologize again.
Claud and the apartment were a real benefit to our stay in Shanghai.
Great location to both the city centre and the Mag-Lev, it made travelling around very easy.
The apartment is spacious, if slightly tired, however this was a negligible point to the whole stay.
We would definitely contact Claud for this apartment next time.
The place is quite nice, close walking distance to the Metro, hence very convenient. However the place at unit 301 was new and we experienced power supply trips many times, we had to get the apartment security service to reset the systems as power switch is locked outside the house.
Eventually the problem was identified to be caused by higher power usage that exceeded the threshold of 20A, this low threshold is readily breached whenever the living room heater is turned on together with the water heater during shower. We learned to turn off the living room heater whenever we shower, which is not a very pleasant experience during winter. The locker for the external main switch was later left unlocked instead which was a great relief as we were able to reset the system when the power tripped, which did happen again a few times, but was OK as we could resolve readily on our own
When I made a complaint to AirBnb, I was given a 50% rebate for the first 2 nights by AirBnb which I did not ask and expect. However I decided to return 50% of the rebate to the host on my own as the host is pro-active, a nice guy. As the place is new, recently added to his list, some unpleasant surprises may be expected.
I believe this problem must and can be readily rectified by a more efficient living room heater or a higher rating external fuse. If this problem is completely resolved, I will strongly recommend this place for future guests.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.