PLEASE read the listing details below carefully as it contains many important information that answers most of your questions.
My house is SAFE, QUITE, CLEAN, COZY, NEAR TO DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER, & HAS REALLY POSITIVE ENERGY!
The house LOCATION is simply amazing, CLOSE to the Downtown Vancouver as well as to Richmond & also to the Airport.
The House is just 6 KM (~3.5 miles) a way from DOWN TOWN VANCOUVER. Although its cold & & chilly in winter but I bike almost daily to down town Vancouver esp. on dry weather. Its really fun & environmentally friendly!
By public transportation (Bus or Sky train) it takes around 25-30 minutes depends on traffic.
By car only 20 minutes or less... In summer it takes max 25 minutes beautiful bike ride from the house to Downtown Vancouver.
Private small room, cozy & comfortable in the suite which is WARM, CLEAN & FULLY FURNISHED.
This is a quite & clean 3 Bedrooms Basement suite in a back yard of small House that is located in ONE Zone SAFE Area Of Vancouver.
Close to very Frequent Public Transportation Bus #22 direct from Down town to the House(20 minutes max). Bus # 41 & #33 to Canada line & Skytrain station.
Your room has COMFORTABLE DOUBLE MATTRESS, BED LINENS, TV with DVD, laptop table with table lamp, Iron & Iron board.
The house overall isn't anything FANCY, however its a SIMPLE, COMFORTABLE, VERY QUITE & PRICE AFFORDABLE accommodation for your SHORT STAY in Vancouver with LIGHT cooking.
FREE WIFI Wireless Secured Internet,
FREE TV CABLE in your room.
FREE Washing & Drying once a week for WEEKLY booking. (you have to buy your washing detergent)
FREE & ALWAYS AVAILABLE STREET PARKING in front & near to the House if you have a car...
I TRY MY BEST TO MAKE MY GUESTS HAPPY & COMFORTABLE IN EVERYTHING'S POSSIBLE!
FOR SURE YOU WILL ENJOY STAYING AT MY PLACE!
Let me know if you need any help or advise about your plan visit.... cheers!
* In Summer, its awesome to enjoy the Sun at the back yard & if you are lucky arriving at the right time for our get together Summer BBQ!
* The house is really quite as we don't have kids or close to a noisy traffic.
* The suite has a private entrance so you are free to leave & come back home any time you like & its really SAFE neighborhood.
* We have used bicycle for DISCOUNT daily/weekly/monthly rental.
* In the beginning you will always get help about shopping, finding places of interest, help to settle down or even free ride to down town.
* Sorry! this place is NOT for people who stay all the time in the basement & try to cook all day!
* It is important to read BOTH the Guest & the Host reviews for complete understanding of any particular situation.
I enjoy very much meeting new people, exploring new culture, sharing new ideas & helping my guests planning their visit to our beautiful city of Vancouver. So, come over I invite you for a cup of tea/coffee & lets have have friendly chat^^
Our Neighborhood is rich in its multiculturalism. Its mainly divided in 3 ethnic groups. The Chinese, The European (Italian & German) & mixed of other Asian & middle eastern.
- Beside the cheap & fresh Chinese Grocery stores on Victoria Dr. and E37th (10 minutes walking distance) you can find -Western foods in London Drugs Supermarket on Victoria Dr. and E 41st (10 minutes walk).
- The famous German Club House on Victoria Dr. & E33rd. 10-15 minutes walking distance (If you miss Germany or needs info )
- Duffin's just few minutes from the house on Knight & 41st (5 minutes walking distance) Fast Food Day or Night (open 24 hrs) serves a variety of food including hot torta subs, burgers, Chinese food, and of course, those tasty donuts.
- Italian Culture Centre at 3075 Slocan and Grandview HWY
To Down town Vancouver
There are many ways to get to Down town with approximate travel time around 25-40 minutes depends on the traffic.
- Bus # 22 Direct one bus ride. Bus stop at Knight and 37th Ave. (5 minutes from the house)
- Bus # 41 Direction West (UBC) get off at Oakridge mal Canadaline Skytrain ( around 10 minutes ride) then take Skytrain to Downown or to Vancouver International Airport.
- Bus #41 Direction East (Joyce/Collingwood) (around 10 minutes ride) get off at the last stop at Joyce/Collingwood Skytrain station & take Skytrain Direction West Bound Direction to Down town Vancouver (13 minutes skytrain ride)
- Bus # 33 Direction West (UBC) get off at King Edward Canadaline Skytrain (10 minutes bus ride) then take the Canada Line Skytrain to Downtown or to the Vancouver International Airport.
- Bus #33 Direction East (E29th Ave.) get off at the last stop E29th Ave. Skytrain station (10 minutes bus ride) Then take the Skytrain Direction West Bound to Down town Vancouver (around 11 minutes)
- Bus #8 at Fraser Str./E37th Direction North to Downtown Vancouver (around 25-40 minutes)
Bike Rental in the House:
- Bike rental per day $15
- Bike rental per week $55
- Bike rental for two weeks $80
- Queen Elizabeth Park (15 minutes walking distance from the house. Easy 2(website hidden) it^^
- Metrotown Mall in Burnaby (around 20 minutes bus/skytrain ride) Big mall for EVERYTHING YOU NEED from Clothing, Gifts, All kind of food etc. Bus #41 East Direction Joyce/Collingwood Skytrain (around 10 minutes ride). Then take Skytrain East Bound to Metrotown (around 5 minutes)
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$8 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||5 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$230 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$770 /month|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
It was a pleasant 5 nights stay at Lamars Place. The room was clean, everything we need was there, the neighborhood and public transport was very good and safe and Lamar is a very friendly and helpfull guy.
I stayed one week in Lamar's basement apartment. It's a typical Canadian house and therefore quite clairaudient. But both the residents upstairs and the one sharing the basement were very considered and quiet. The apartment is simple but clean. The kitchen is only very minimalistically equipped suitable for one-pot dishes after a day out. Lamar is a very friendly guy, welcoming, communicative and helpful. On my arrival day he took me to the supermarket to stock up for the week and on my last evening he organized a fun BBQ with friends and former airbnb guests. It was a great place to stay for a week exploring the city and I would come back any time.
Overall, I spent a really good time at Lamar's place. My room was exactly as it is pictured on photos. One of the main advantages of this listing is its convenient location near main public transportation routes going to the airport, Pacific station, Skytrain and Downtown.
Lamar was very helpfull with any need. His accom is just like he advertised and i enjoyed my stay. its very easily access to downtown and surrounding areas. Thanks again Lamar
The room was good, as describes, and Lamar was very friendly.
I stayed there for a week, nothing to report. Very safe neighbourhood. Easy acces to the downtown.
Lamar is very friendly, accomodating, and nice! The apartment is closer to Main Street (a little over a mile) and Commercial Ave (about 3 miles) than downtown (about 5.5 miles), so keep that in mind. There is a bus that goes downtown and Lamar rented me a bike, which was very convenient, although the apartment is on the top of a big hill. However, Lamar very kindly gave me a ride up the hill from downtown several times.
The apartment is in a basement, and all basement apartments tend to be a bit dark and damp, which is fine as long as that is what you are expecting. Lamar and the other people in the apartment kept it quite clean. There is a backyard to hang out in too. :)
The room was clean and exactly how described.
Very quiet neighbourhood with buses only a short walk away.
Lamar is a fantastic host- extremely friendly, helpful and knowledgable. Great value. Highly recommended.
It was quite hard to find the place, considering that I had never been to Vancouver before...But it turned out that there were a few buses nearby that could take you to downtown within a half an hour...Nice, cozy and clean...And there was a great friendly roommate who i havin nice conversations with at the kitchen...Everything was great
This has been my first time with Airbnb. I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Vancouver. I'm glad I found this place--just what I needed! Although I hadn't realized that the room was in the basement, it was just fine. The place was clean and the other guests friendly and respectful. I'm used to sleeping in all sorts of places so the futon bed was really okay. You can easily reach downtown Vancouver and other places of interest by bus (plan your trip @ Transitlink). It is kinda far away from most tourist attractions, so I left in the morning and came back to sleep really. I guess you can cook there, too, although I was unable to find any decent grocery stores within walking distance. I didn't get to meet Lamar, but he seemed like a nice host (he doesn't live in this house). All in all, I think it was a great experience!
I was in Lamars accommodation for two weeks. I had a very friendly welcome by Lamar. He told me what I should know about the city, good areas and no-go-areas, the public traffic in the city, about where to buy food and where to eat cheap. I could use kitchen and bathroom. Lamar is a very friendly person, he tried to do his best to feel me welcome. The other guests in the house were also nice, friendly and easy going people. My room was the smallest of all the rooms, just bed/ sofa, TV, table, but is was ok for the money I paid.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the final rate, including VAT along with fees from the host and Airbnb.
This is the fee charged by Airbnb
This is the fee charged by Airbnb and includes VAT