This historic house is located in the “9 streets” area between the Keizersgracht and the Prinsengracht. It was built in 1632 and is now a grade I listed building. The renovation was completed in 2009. It has three floors and its own entrance. All 21st century amenities are present in this charming and comfortable 17th century house.
The house comfortably fits 4 people in 2 bedrooms with single or double beds configuration.
There is a 5th sofa bed available in the livingroom.
•This is not a shared apartment, it is all yours.
•Central location - 9 streets area
•Unesco World Heritage Site
•Dedicated rental apartment with short stay permit
•5% tourist tax for the upkeep of Amsterdam is included
•2 bedrooms: 2 singles/1 double + 2 singles/1 double
•Complete kitchen inventory
•Bath and seperate shower
•Bed linen and towels are provided
•There are 2 small outside 'terraces'
•HDTV - USB connect for hard drives - DVD
•HiFi with speakers in livingroom and kitchen
•Can store luggage before check-in and after check-out.
•Toddler safety is low due to the steep circular stairs. Also unsuitable for people with walking difficulties.
The 9 streets area is in the heart of Amsterdam's canal district and is one of the city's most delightful shopping areas. These picturesque streets along the 17th century canals, running from the Singel to the Prinsengracht, feature art galleries, designer boutiques, jewelers, fashion shops, cafes and restaurants.
Nearby points of interest and directions to the apartment:
•Centraal Station – 15 minutes walk
•Dam Square - 10 minutes walk
•Flower Market - 5 minutes walk
•Spui - 3 minutes walk
•Jordaan - 3 minutes walk
•Westerkerk / Anne Frank House - 5 minutes walk
•Rembrandt plein - 7 minutes walk
•Leidseplein - 7 minutes walk
•Museumplein / Van Gogh Museum - 15 minutes walk
•Nieuwmarkt - 15 minutes walk
•From Schiphol Airport you can take the train to Amsterdam Central station. From the front, city side of the Central station you can take a taxi straight to my apartment.
•From the Central station you can also take tram 1, 2 or 5 and get off at the "Spui plein (square)" stop. From here it is a 5 minute walk to the apartment.
•There is paid parking all along the canals so if you can find a space you can park very nearby the apartment.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$43 / night after 2 guests|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$1143 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$4288 /month|
|Check In:||4:00 PM|
|Check Out:||11:00 AM|
Really nice house, it was separated in different floors and the furniture was really nice and modern. The kitchen is really and the living room are really big and comfortable. We had a really nice time in Amsterdam
I travelled with two friends to visit Amsterdam, the trip wouldn't have been the same if we didn't stay at Daan's place. Wonderful apartment and neighborhood. Will definitely stay at this place again, when the opportunity presents itself! :)
The reservation was canceled 40 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Maison irreprochable tant au niveau de l'hygiène que de sa situation géographique dans Amsterdam puisque le centre est 10 minutes à pieds. En outre, l'hôte est attentionné et très gentil !
Great apartment in a great location in Amsterdam. We really enjoyed our stay there. The apartment is within walking distance from most of the cities main attractions and sites. The apartment itself has great facilities and a nice modern feel whilst still maintaining the historic vibe of the area. Would definitely recommend this apartment for both short and long stays in Amsterdam.
The flat is great, the area as weel. We had a very good time.
Daan's flat is very well placed, well equipped and has a lot of charms! We spend a very nice weekend in Amsterdam and we highly recommend this place!
El apartamento está muy bien, y muy bien situado. El único problema que tuvimos fue que la calefacción se averió y tardo 3 días en arreglarla. Aparte la habitación del ático esta difícil de subir hasta ella y no tienen calefacción.
Creo que podía haber arreglado la calefacción con más rapidez.
Por lo demás no es un apartamento para ir con niños, ya que las escaleras son muy peligrosas para subir y bajar. Mi compañero se resbalo a la salida del baño en una y casi se mata.
Great location, spacious, clean, well equipped apartment! A bit street noise outside at night, but this you would expect according to such a central location. Communication with host was great, check-in/ckeck-out worked perfectly and possibility to leave luggage in the shop downstairs was great! A lot of stairs, so not recommended for children or people with slight difficulties walking. For young and fit people like ourselves, no problem!
Daan was definitely a very pleasant host! We booked the flat not even 24h before, and he found the time to schedule a cleaning apointment before we arrive.
- About the check-in, we arrived around 11pm and there was no problems about that. The procedure of check-in was even funny to do, like a mission!
- Even if I'm living in Monaco, I never saw such a big bath, maybe it's a detail, but detail makes perfection! The shower place is also appreciable. By the way, as an audiophile lover I'm always travelling with a jack connector to plug iPhone on TV. But in Daan's flat, even this detail was already here with an am-az-ing quality soud system, which one you will be able to dispatch in the kitchen/living or both. Appreciable to let your wife cooking plates in better conditions, haha! And if you're coming from Asia or UK, you will even find sockets adaptators at your disposition. These kind of details show you how much your host is taking care about your trip.
- If you are staying as a family, you will definitely love this place. The disposition of beds was very cool, especially if you are coming with very young child.
- If you are smocking, Daan puts at your disposition ashtray on the two small terraces, which one have even outside lighting system you can adjust.
- About the surrounding, for your first day you will be able to find a boat station very close, where you can make a 3 hours trip and see already a big part of Amsterdam. It's very usefull to have a first point of where you are, and where-is-what-to-see.
First, we booked at last minute, second, we stayed during a very full week (because of MTV Awards), when hotels don't hesitate to put higher prices.
Anyway, if you're a young couple or in family, Daan's place is definitely the place to stay. Very cloose from everything, and no one disturbing sound from the street during the night. We didn't have the opportunity to meet Daan but for sure we will come back here for soon!