• Our property is a spacious double-storey house with 2 rental units on the upper floor. The friendly host family of 3 stays on the lower floor and provides better services than the hotel concierge !
• Each rental unit consists of 2 bedrooms, one with a queen size bed and the other with 2 single beds, both attached to a common private bathroom. This allows each unit to accommodate 1 to 4 guests belonging to the same group. Groups with more than 4 guests may book both rental units.
• Guests have their own private living and dining area (with TV, mini-fridge, microwave and coffee-making facilities), and are most welcome to use our main living room, kitchen, dining area, laundry, WiFi and piano.
• Self-service continental breakfast is provided, in addition to bed linens, towels and toiletries. Kerbside parking in front of the house is safe and free.
• Our tranquil property is conveniently located 27 km from Melbourne CBD, 37 km from the airport and within walking distance (300 metres) to bus-stop, supermarkets, fast food or fine dining outlets, wetland parks, sports oval and gaming club-house.
• We are 1 hour drive from Great Ocean Drive and the surf coast of Torquay, 1.5 hour drive from the vineyards of Yarra Valley and the ski slopes of Lake Mountain, 1.5 hour drive from the goldfields of Sovereign Hill, and 2 hours drive from the little penguins at Phillip Island.
• Closer at home, within 15 minutes drive, you will not want to miss Werribee Mansion and Spa, Werribee Open Range Zoo, Victoria State Rose Garden, National Equestrian Centre, Shadowfax Winery, RAAF Museum and Point Cook Homestead.
• Rate quoted is for 1 guest only. Additional guests are charged an extra fee per person in the same rental unit. Please inquire for long term rates.
We just stayed for a overnight and fully enjoyed the accommodation. I don't have to say much as it is very clear from other reviews that KC & Serena family were really lovely and icons in hospitality. I had to mention that we had very different requirements which no other hotels offered but KC did:
- Had to check-in at odd time in the early morning (4 AM)
- Nearby to Mel. City but can accommodate 3 or 5 people (not sure about no of people during time of booking)
- Shouldn't be a typical backpackers accommodation where safety may be little compromised and
- finally Economical (even during Christmas holidays :) )
We were more than happy if we could get a room with the above requirements but KC added Cherry on the Cake, yes, he provided us a light Buffet Brekky, speechless. Let God bless KC, Serena & Darius family a long life with happiness and prosperity.
If you looking for a second home during your stay, just blindly click on the Book button. I now count on a relative @ Melbourne :).
Last but not the least, thanks to Airbnb for identifying us a lovely stay.
A highlight of our second visit to Windrest was spending time with Serena, KC and their charming son Darius. The Gohs made us feel so welcome that we were soon making plans to fold them into our lives outside Windrest. There was again a beautiful home baked cake to welcome us, along with individual greeting cards. In the care we received, we saw how Serena and KC had listened to casual comments we had earlier made.
This time, Serena and KC had another guest as well. There are multiple bathroom facilities. Each group of guests have their own en suite.
Whenever you visit Melbourne and Geelong, we recommend Windrest as your haven each time. We actually live in another part of Melbourne and feel like visiting Windrest from time to time.
We have visited in autumn and winter and are looking forward to a visit in spring.
Just spent a lovely birthday weekend at Windrest and we were welcomed like a treasured family friends. We found beautiful flowers, delicious home made brownies and a very artistic birthday card in the bedroom when we arrived!
Serena, KC and Darius are wonderful hosts, true world citizens and we shared great conversations. Airbnb hospitality at its best! We hope to stay in touch and are planning to come back.
The house is very spacious, clean and bright. We enjoyed the comfortable lounge upstairs to relax after our outings, and very much appreciated having a guest fridge to store our picnic provisions. There are many more thoughtful touches all around the house, designed to create a home away from home.
We truly enjoyed our stay, thank you so much again
Christiane and Viranga
Beautiful house, lovely people, awesome stay. Highly recommend Windrest Bed n Brekkie for the comfort, location and it was so nice to have such accommodating hosts. l enjoyed my stay very much with the Goh family as they are such lovely, interesting people to share time with. Hoped you enjoyed seeing the Australain Halter Showcase at Werribee.? Thanks for a great stay. See you next year.
Hassle-free and easy check-in. We stayed at clean, good-sized rooms with an adjoining private bath. Beds were comfortable. Toys were available for my kids to play with, very handy in keeping them entertained.
Although a little far from Melbourne CBD, the house itself is located close to amenities. It's a good midway mark if sightseeing along the Geelong-Great Ocean Dr area.
The hosts were helpful and provided suggestions for sightseeing and activities. Overall, a great stay for all of us.
I was interstate for work doing night shift. This would ordinarily be hard for anyone to accomodate, but KC & Serena were very accommodating from the very first point of contact. They answered all my questions and concerns in the initial emails and always replied promptly. The room was lovely, spotlessly clean and very large. Breakfast was always available. Bed was extremely comfortable- always important but even more so when you are travelling for work. KC & Serena were so friendly and lovely hosts. I would highly recommend them as hosts and windrest as a place to stay. I will not hesitate to return.
KC and Serena are fabulous hosts. Along with their 8 year old son, the warm, friendly and helpful family of 3 will make sure you get settled into their house in no time. The family has a huge repository of visitor pamphlets and local experiences that they happily share with their guests, leaving us constantly spoilt for choices in our daily touring of Melbourne.
The room is spacious and clean, with a private bath and built in wardrobe. It is as if you’re staying in a hotel room, except that the room is much cosier! Privacy is not an issue as guest rooms are located on the second floor, but if you need assistance, KC and Serena will be there at first instance.
Breakfast is more than your common bread and butter. Apart from having a variety of spreads, beverages and cereals, we were surprised at the extra mile KC and Serena went by providing their guests with both white and brown sugar, a thoughtful gesture which subtly speaks a lot about this B&B.
We truly enjoyed our time in Melbourne, thank you!
Elaine and Surong
We opted our stay at Windrest Bed n Brekkie @ Point Cook with KC & Serena during our first trip to Australia. Firstly, the location is very good with easy access to essential amenities as well as the lush green views in the surroundings. The rooms are very neat and clean, equipped with adequate heating and cooling. The rooms are spacious enough and the guests have an independent living room with LCD TV with DVD Player and a Home Theater System. The living room has a dedicated area for dining with a Smart Coffee Corner as well as a refrigerator and a microwave oven.
Above all, the host family is surely an icon of hospitality. KC & Serena always welcomed us warmly, provided true and fair guidance for planning our daily trips, KC has got a lot of informative materials for the tourists and his input defnitely was very productive. We owe a great deal of thanks to KC who helped us getting familiar to the nearby places and personally commuted us to places while we were in adjustment phase for local travelling.
Both KC & Serena are very well educated and during our stay we always enjoyed having chit chat with them. Darius, is one of the best part of this host family, especially for our kids and he always offered from his large collection of games, toys and DVDs.
We really had an immense pleasurable stay with KC & Serena and strongly recommend families to consider this place on their next travel.