I would love to let you stay in my lovely cosy apartment when i'm not around. I'm sure you will have a perfect time in my place and the area where I live in. You will find my apartment in the area Westerpark, 2 minutes walking from a very nice park with the same name.
Westerpark is a young and lively area, just 5 minutes from the famous Jordaan, 10 mins from Central Station and the rest of the centre of the city. The Westerpark is 2 minutes walk, and is great for a walk, jogging, picknick or other outdoor activities during the day. There are also a lots of restaurants, bars and theaters all based in and around the historic Westergasfabriek (former gas factory). Public transport is widely available and in walking distance, bike rentals closely.
Arriving by car:
There is a park and ride near the house. You car park your car for 8 euro per 24 hours and you receive public transport tickets to get to and from to car (5 minutes by bus and the bus stops in front of my house).
Public transport in the neighborhood:
* BUS 21 Stops in front of my house and takes you to the Central Station. From there you can walk to the Dam square.
* TRAM 3 leaves from the FREDERIK HENDRIKPLANTSOEN (about 5 minutes walk) and takes you to Rijksmuseum, van Goghmuseum, Concertgebouw, area called THE PIJP, Albert Cuypmarket.
* TRAM 10 1 minute walk and takes you in the direction of the Leidseplein.
- Free WIFI
- TV + DVD
- Fully equipped kitchen with a senseo coffee machine, toaster, fridge and cooker
- Washing machine
- 140 x 200 cm boxspring
- In august 2014 I'll renovate my bathroom!
The rent includes the following: use of bed linnen, towels, toilet paper, tea/coffee, soda for the wash and dishwashing machine! I will leave you a manual with all the instructions of the apartment together with some personal tips about Amsterdam.
I hoop to see you soon!
Other Things to Note
I have a new bathroom. Pictures coming soon.
1. Check in is possible from 10:00 am and check out is at 13:00am, but these times are flexible and we can make agreements aubout this.
2. Please do not smoke in the house but on the balcony.
3. Treat my house with care and try to leave it as you found it.
4. Please put off your shoes when you're home. Otherwise is could be quite noisy for the neighbour underneath me.
5. Don't invite other people or give any parties in my house.
6. The wardrobe and dressoir in de bedroom are privat. There will be a clothing standard and some shelves especcially for your use
LEAVING THE HOUSE.
• Please put all of the laundry (bed linens, towels.) in the white laundry basket in the bedroom.
• Bring your trash outside, and put it in the containers in front of the house.
• Make sure you have turned off the heating, electric appliances, and the gas.
So much nicer than a hotel room. Cozy, artfully-decorated little place. Jetty really made me feel welcome and at-home. Great recommendations too - who can argue with "best apple pie in Amsterdam"? Even provided a bike to get around the lovely park nearby and fun neighborhoods around the city. This is easily the nicest place I've stayed in Amsterdam. Great host! Thanks!
- Goeie ontvangst door Jetty
- Handig kunnen gebruikmaken van haar reisgids amsterdam
- Proper appartement
- Alles op wandelafstand
Aanrader ! :)
Jetty was a kind and gracious host - was always in contact to pick up and drop off keys, and allowed me to use her bike which was FANTASTIC. Would definitely recommend staying at hers!
Jetty's apartment was warm and cosy, just as advertised. We felt at home as soon as we walked through the door. It was also extremely clean and tidy, without feeling like you couldn't touch anything! We felt the apartment was the perfect size for two, and we especially loved the living room. Also, a very comfy bed! We thought the location was perfect - it is much quieter than central Amsterdam, which suited us down to the ground, and it was nice to be so close to Westerpark. Try Pacific Park restaurant there!!!! The flat is literally outside a bus stop which takes about 10mins to get to Central Station, or it is about a 30min walk, so although it is barely any distance from town it feels like a world away. Amenities were also close by, and Jetty sent us a very comprehensive lost of emergency numbers and instructions for wifi/facilites, as well as tips on where to go an how to get there. And, to top it all off, she left us a bottle of Prosecco and some sweets to welcome us!!! In our opinion, everyone should stay at Jetty's (though it may get a little crowded!). It really made our holiday, to have this to come back to.
We had an excellent stay at Jettys place! The apartment was great and in a nice neighborhood undiscovered by tourist crowds yet still within walking distance to many sights. Also, there are very good connections with public transportation from there if your feet get tired. Jetty was a nice, welcoming host and her tips for the neighborhood and upcoming events were spot on!
We had a pleasant experience at Jetty's apartment.
The location is rather convenient to go to central station, and within walking distance to the neighbouring nice areas.
The apartment is decent size and perfect for 2 people. It has also been kept clean and bright. Would recommend this place to others when visiting lovely Amsterdam city!