About this listing
Welcome to my ground floor centrally located apartment, close to child friendly green areas and cultural venues and well serviced by public transportation. A good base to explore Central Amsterdam. Cab from the airport can be arranged.
The apartment has a living and a bedroom, kitchen and a small bathroom.
• FREE WIFI
• Fast transport to the airport
• A kitchen with a dishwasher, microwave, four ring cooker, coffee machine, Senseo, toaster, juicer and fridge
• No need to climb the stairs
• Also the space in the bedroom with the big closets and comfy bed
• And the stack of information they got before arrival
• What guests liked less is the small bathroomarea
• And no real garden then just the Westerpark itself
• a child friendly apartment and toys for toddlers + cot available
• King size bed for 2 + sofa couch for 2
• Extra closet for clothes
• A hairdryer, an iron and board
• Clean towels, sheets, pillows, duvets
• Bike rent nearby (50 steps)
• After booking a detailed confirmation with all you need to know about getting there
• small bathroom with a shower and toilet
• Check in and out is mostly flexible but needs good communication
• You will have access to the whole apartment
• Centrally located and near to the Jordaan district
• Parking garage nearby
• Walking distance of the Anne Frank House
• Walking distance of the Noordermarkt, a famous vintagemarket on early mondaymornings
• Lots of restaurants
• Supermarket is open 7 nights a week till midnight
The location is near to the Anne FRank House, the Noordermarkt, the 9 Streets and the Haarlemmerdijk, the Westerpark and the Hallen
• Parking (paid) is possible in the street
• € 3,- per hour or € 27,- a day).
• Or park your car at a P&R parking like
• the P&R Bos en Lommer for € 1,- per 24 hours
• The stop of bus 21 and tram 10 are within the city center according to the P&R parking conditions
• In Amsterdam we all bike: cheaper and more convenient but please be used to bike in your hometown. You can rent the bikes within 100 yards of the apartment.
• Lots of cycle tours in the area
• To the Zaanse Schans, beach or Alkmaar
The Staatsliedenbuurt (area where the apartment is) was formerly known as the brass knob and just outside the former city center. In the immediate vicinity you will find a nice piece of history like the WESTERGASFABRIEK and former Machine Pump House where the sixty-meter high water tower still part of. Today, in this building you find the trendy the café restaurant AMSTERDAM. A very popular place to have dinner and only 50 meters from the apartment. The airport is to be reached by cab in 20 minutes or by train and/or bus in 45 minutes. Bikes for rent on the Central Station and in the area.
A prominent feature in the west of Amsterdam, the Westergasfabriek (a former gas works) is one of the city's thriving creative hotspots. The buses for Mysteryland stop nearby! "De Hallen" just opened and is about 10 minutes walking from the apartment. Art movies and diner in the old industrial tramremise........and design memories of Amsterdam to take home.
The grounds are home to numerous businesses, bars, restaurants, a cinema and a theater and the renovated industrial buildings and spacious park regularly host events ranging from major club nights to art exhibitions and culinary happenings.
FEEL FREE TO ASK
Where to go, how to go and what to do and thank you for considering to stay with us! Just looking for a simple room mail me as perhaps I can help as well.
CHECKIN AND OUT
Check out at 11.00am and check in at 15.00 pm but in general I'm flexible with check-in and check-out times and I consider the coming and going guest. I will be there to receive you.
•The public transportation is around the corner.
•Tram 10 and Bus 21 and Bus 48 from Station Sloterdijk
•Nightbus 348 from Central Station or Sloterdijk (Station)
ENJOY THE NIGHTLIVE
•You can party in Amsterdam,
•see a show, go to clubs or dancings, bars etc.
•Westerpark area pubs and bars are open 24/7
When it comes to nightlife in Amsterdam, there are venues, dance festivals and club nights to suit every taste. DJs keep the crowd going with everything from techno, dub step and trance to hip-hop, funk and deep house. Some of the most well-known venues include Paradiso, Melkweg, Bitterzoet, Club Up, Jimmy Woo, Trouw, AIR, Disco Dolly and Escape.
Read the guide to partying in Amsterdam on Iamsterdam for all the essential information about clubbing in the city, check out the listing of Amsterdam clubs and the listing of dance music festivals in and around Amsterdam. And be sure to check out the selection of clubbing highlights!
THE WESTERPARK AND CHILDREN
• an adventureparc in the nature of Westerpark
• a children’s farm and small animals
• a pool for toddlers
• lots of safe playgrounds; no cars allowed
• a cot for free if needed and some toys as well
• The Marnix swimmingpool on walking distance
THE WESTERPARK AND GROWN UPS
•24 hours license for bars and restaurants
•jogging/running in the Westerpark.
•Some workout machines before running
•The Westerpark, the cultural park,
•Every first Sunday of the month the SUNDAY MARKET
•with a great variety of goods and vintage
•and every third Sunday of the month the Neighbourfood
•Market with tasting and vintage!
•The only North Sea Jazzclub in Holland is to be found in
•the Westerpark as well on a 5 minute walk
HOW FAR FROM THE CENTER?
• Just 10 minutes (bus or tram) from the Dam Square
• Red Light District and Leidseplein around 20 min walk
• Walking to Central Station is about 20 minutes
• the trendy street 5 minutes walking: Haarlemmerstraat
•And the Noordermarkt is about 7 minutes walking
•famous for the vintage market on early mondaymornings
•on Saturday there is biological market on the Westerstraat
• we will be there to welcome you on arrival
The best you can do is go to (website hidden)_North_Holland_Province-(email hidden)ml and to (website hidden) and download the app; read it all and also check out the calendar of the Westergasfabriek before coming.
Want to rent a bike during the stay: (website hidden)
From here easy access to the Zaanse Schans, Keukenhof, Haarlem (on the bike) and the seashore. Please read the info I will send to you after booking as it will be far more detailed.
For many years now, free Lunch Concerts in the Royal Concert hall (125 years in 2013) have been held every Wednesday afternoon at 12.30 p.m. in the Main Hall or the Recital Hall. The concerts vary from public rehearsals by the Royal Concert hall Orchestra and concerts by conservatory ensembles, to chamber music performances by young up-and-coming artists. The programming is very broad, and offers something for everyone: listeners can enjoy a variety of early music and the classical genre, and also get acquainted with a more modern repertoire. The concert is announced one week in advance on the website. The concerts are 30 minutes long and are open to the public and free of charge. You do not need a ticket, but these concerts are very popular, so plan to arrive about a half hour before the concert to get a seat.
You are very welcome in my house and I hope you (and your friends) will take good care of everything I have put in for your comfort. NO SMOKING indoors and and please play the tv, radio or music on a normal level and only on normal hours.
Check in and out is mostly flexible but a good communication is essential.