About this listing
COZY, QUIET FLOWERING TREE VIEW condo in the middle of everything! Close to beaches and restaurants. Pool and hot tub, beach gear and snorkel gear. Sleeps four comfortably with full kitchen. Short walk to the ocean! Please read our 205+ reviews!
WELCOME TO KAILUA-KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAI'I!! LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!! FREE WIFI AND A/C IN THE ROOM! HOSTS LIVE IN KONA UNLIKE SO MANY OTHERS WHO DON'T SO WE ARE HERE FOR YOU! CHECK OUT OUR LAST MINUTE SPECIAL DAILY RATES STARTING AT $76 & UP!!!
Just remember while you are looking for a vacation spot that over 205+ previous guest reviews (400+ in all four of our condos) can't be wrong! You pay all that money for airfare but please don't ruin your vacation by staying in a dump to save a nickel... We've done it in the past and regretted it. Look at the reviews and spend $10 a night more for piece of mind and also look at our low $40 cleaning fee and NO MINIMUM nights rentals. We want you to have a blast in Kona (we do!) Don't forget to look at our other condo here in the same complex listed here on AirBNB! It may have the dates you need or you can stay in both! The other one sleeps four more comfortably but has a smaller kitchenette.
Our Purpose In Owning And Renting Out This Little Home Away From Home Is To Allow Folks To Enjoy Our Island As We Do Today. We Too Have Made Many Vacation Trips To The Islands Not Long Ago And Were Many Times Unpleasantly Surprised By Dumpy, Dirty Accommodations That Negatively Affected Our Vacation. This Little Gem Will Never Disappoint You! It Hasn't Let Anyone Down In Over 3 years With Over 600 Guests! We Have Over 340+ Positive Reviews on our four vacation Condos And Not One Of Them Has Been Edited Or Deleted! COMPLETE COMPLEX IS NON-SMOKING (this should be important to you if you don't smoke) But if you do smoke, you can smoke out by the oceanfront. Easy Check-In And Out (Because We Live On Island) Although we would love to meet every guest in person, there is a good chance you will not meet us in person. There is no need to since the room has a door key card issued by our front desk and we don't need to collect any money from you thanks to AirBNB... We have busy lives here in Kona so we can't give you a personal tour but you will find a guide book in the room for our favorite spots and you are always welcome to call, text, email or message us for suggestions.
All Rates Include 13.42% Hawaii Tax. Book Now Because These Are Introductory Rates To Get Our Condo Exposure And Establish A Returning Clientele (Friends). We Don't Do This Just For The Money, We Do It So You Can Have The Best Experience Ever On The Big Island!
Once You Stay, You Will Be Coming Back! Mom's Will Love This One (You Won't Go Wrong Dad) This Is Your Home Away From Home Studio Condo In A Quiet Location With A Beautiful Garden View! Snorkel Gear, Beach Gear, Cooler, Beachchairs For Your Visit. We Also Have Beach Cruiser Bikes You Can Use For Free!!! They Are Locked Up There On The Property And We Will Provide You A Key If You Want To Use Them! Please Advise Us If You Want To Use Them In Advance. We can't guarantee they will be ready to use, they are a perk and not part of the rental fee.
The Nicest Condo In Kona Islander Inn (Where Rates Have Gone Up To over $199 Per Night For A Unit Not Even Near As Nice As Ours) Sleeps 4 if needed (Two Private). This Studio Unit Has A Fully Functional Kitchen Which Will Save You So Much In Food Costs!!! Free Air Conditioning! (Many Condos Charge $15 Day For Air) Queen Murphy Bed And A Premium Full-Size Aerobed Inflatable Mattress For The Kids Or The Adventurous (the Aerobed is in the closet For You To Inflate Automatically) If You Have 3 Or More Guests In The Room Please Just Check 3 Guests When You Book Even Though You May Have Four. We Charge $10 Per Night Extra For The Aerobed And Extra Linens For 3 Or 4 Guests. No Need To Pay For Four, Just Check 3 On Your Listing For One $10/Nt Extra Fee! Condo Also Has Flat Screen Tv With Cable, Wireless Internet, Dvds, Granite Countertops With Convection Microwave, Full Size Refrigerator, Pots And Pans, Dishes, Hot Plate, George Foreman Grill, Toaster Oven, Electric Skillet And Crock Pot. The Bathroom Has A Travertine Shower With Great Water Pressure As Well As A Hair Dryer, Extra Soaps, Shampoos, And Other Toiletries. Even Slippers!
Quiet Garden (Flowering Trees) View right off your balcony! On Ali'i Drive Next To Lava Java, Lulus, Hugos, Outback, And Humpys restaurants. Directly Across The Street From The Ocean! You Are In The Heart Of Kona Town But So Quiet And Private In The Center Of A Quaint Complex Near Pool, Hot Tub And Bbq.
The Public Bus And Trolley Go Right By The Condo On Ali'i Drive To Take You To Snorkeling Or Our Favorite Beaches (Magic Sands) but there is a nice beach just 4 blocks to the North next to Kailua Pier Right Down Ali'i Drive. You Can Drive Into The Complex From Ali'i Dr Or Kuakini Hwy Behind The Complex. Pool, Hot Tub, Bbq And 24 Hr Laundry On Site. Free Parking!
Book Your Dates Now Because As You Can See We Fill Up everyday At These Prices. Note Pricing Increases For Oct (Ironman Triathalon), Dec-Jan (Christmas Break), Feb-March (Spring Break) and Summer Vacation. Still Very Affordable For This Beautiful Condo In A Beautiful Location...
Due To Our Amazing Response To Our Low Rates, We Will Be Happy To Help You Find More Nights Right Here In The Kona Islander Inn Complex At Our Other Condos At Airbnb to Coincide With Nights You Book In This Condo!!! Look At Our Other Two Listings here in the Kona Islander Inn Please! One is Oceanview the other has a pool view! We also have a 2 bedroom/2bath Condo 8 miles South of town in the cool area In the Mauka hills South of town!
Please Read Our Numerous Great Reviews!!! None Have Been Edited Or Removed Since May 2012!!! You Will Be Coming Back!!! Just Like Our Return Guests!
Nowhere Else on Earth - Hawaii's Unique Offerings: The most exciting island in Hawaii, has 11 of the 13 ecosystems, from snow-capped mountains in winter, towering 14,000' above the ocean, to tropical rain forests. All this on an island almost 200 miles around. Kilauea Volcano adds land to the island daily, as lava flows into the ocean. See Thurston Lava Tubes in Volcano National Park, a short walk through a primordial forest of towering fern. Star-gaze at Mauna Kea Observatory. Visit ancient heiau (temple) where King Kamehameha united the Hawaiian islands. Watch migrating whales and spinner dolphins at Kua Bay, Paddle out to Captain Cook's monument in Kealakekua Bay where the first known Europeans met Hawaiians. Meet Hawaiians, a truly diverse people and culture. Hula. Go to a real luau. Enjoy surfing, the apart of Alii (royalty). Swim with gazillions of colorful fish and sea turtles at Kealakekua Bay. Lie on a black sand beach at Punalu'u. Go coffee tasting at Kona farms. Discover your own secret treasures!
Your room, pool, Hot tub, Laundry all accessible with your room card key which you will receive upon check-in from the front desk staff in the lobby. Free Parking, Beach Cruiser Bicycles, snorkel Gear, Beach Gear including chairs!
Interaction with Guests
If you have ANY questions, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE message, email, text or call and ASK them instead of telling us your issues AFTER you leave. We are available 24/7 to help you!!! Easy Check-In And Out (Because We Live On Island) Although we would love to meet every guest in person, there is a good chance you will not meet us in person. There is no need to since the room has a door key card and we don't need to collect any money from you thanks to AirBNB... We have busy lives here in Kona so we can't give you a personal tour but you will find a guide book in the room for our favorite spots and you are always welcome to call, text, email or message us for suggestions.
You are right in the center of all the action in Kailua-Konatown but it is quiet and peaceful in a near jungle like setting!
Nowhere Else on Earth - Hawaii's Unique Offerings: The Big Island, the most exciting island in Hawaii, has 11 of the 13 ecosystems, from snow-capped mountains in winter, towering 14,000' above the ocean, to tropical rain forests. All this on an island almost 200 miles around. Kilauea Volcano adds land to the island daily, as lava flows into the ocean. See Thurston Lava Tubes in Volcano National Park, a short walk through a primordial forest of towering fern. Star-gaze at Mauna Kea Observatory. Visit ancient heiau (temple) where King Kamehameha united the Hawaiian islands. Watch migrating whales and spinner dolphins at Kua Bay, Paddle out to Captain Cook's monument in Kealakekua Bay where the first known Europeans met Hawaiians. Meet Hawaiians, a truly diverse people and culture. Hula. Go to a real luau. Enjoy surfing, the apart of Alii (royalty). Swim with gazillions of colorful fish and sea turtles at Kealakekua Bay. Lie on a black sand beach at Punalu'u. Go coffee tasting at Kona farms. Discover your own secret treasures!
The Public Bus And Trolley Go Right By The Condo On Ali'i Drive To Take You To Snorkeling Or Our Favorite Beaches (Magic Sands) but there is a nice beach just 4 blocks to the North next to Kailua Pier Right Down Ali'i Drive. You Can Drive Into The Complex From Ali'i Dr Or Kuakini Hwy Behind The Complex. Pool, Hot Tub, Bbq And 24 Hr Laundry On Site. Free Parking! Remember the free beach cruisers too! From airport take taxi or call SpeediShuttle or book on their website.
Other Things to Note
Have fun!!! We really want you to know that we have rarely (1 in 100 guests) ever have to keep any of your security deposit. It is only for that 1 in 100 guests who want to trash our room and ignore all of our house rules. Sadly, there are a few of those and for them, we might need all of the $500 deposit! Look at our reviews. We are great hosts with awesome condos!
PLEASE READ THIS! Rental Rules (We are sorry about all these rules but we have learned it is better for you to know these so you can have a carefree stay with no surprises) Most are just common sense and we rarely ever retain any of your security deposit because AirBNB folks are usually awesome!
1. Smoking is NOT allowed ANYWHERE on the premises of Kona Islander Inn (smoking is only allowed off premises at the street). If you are caught smoking anywhere on Kona Islander Inn property, you will be fined $500 by security. If condo smells of smoke or you are actually caught smoking, all $200 of damage deposit will be forfeited plus cost of professional fumigation. Sorry so harsh, there is no smoking on the complex grounds. If you must smoke, please do so on Ali'i Drive out the bottom of the complex or in the smoking area behind the dumpster at the top of the complex.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. If you need the AEROBED for a third and or fourth guest, please let us know a few days prior to your arrival. It is located in the closet on the top shelf with extra sheets. If you use the Aerobed, please deflate it and fold it up and put it back in the bag and return to the shelf in the closet. Mahalo.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. There are three shelves and clothes hangers in the closet and two shelves in the living area next to bed. Suitcases can be placed under the bed. The beach cruiser bikes are available for your use at your own risk if you advise us in advance that you want to use them. Locks are provided and are found in the kitchen drawer nearest the clock with the key for the big cable lock. Please use them. If the bikes are stolen, we will need to retain $100 of your security deposit for each bike. The bikes are located over by the laundry room. Pink and dark red bikes. Please use the big cable lock through the frame when parking them. If you get a flat tire or the bike breaks, please let us know but you will be responsible for pushing it back to the condo complex if we aren't available to pick it up. Please look over the bikes before use. They are not guaranteed to be available but are a bonus if they are! Please use at your own risk. Worse comes to worse, you can rent bicycles in town...
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses. There is a cooktop, rice cooker, toaster, toaster oven, crock pot, mini-double crockpot, convection microwave, pots and pans, an iron and ironing pad, electric skillet, blender, George Foreman grill, coffee press and coffee maker. If you plug in too many things at one time, you may blow the circuit breaker in the room. If this happens, contact security to reset it. Please do not dump anything in the kitchen or bathroom sinks. Please dump food and grease in the garbage. Please don't flush anything solid down toilets including paper towels, feminine products or diaper wipes. Don't hang anything like towels or clothing on the lanai (balcony) railing.
6. Pets are NOT allowed except for service animals that we are notified about and they need to be officially registered with the front desk upon arrival. There is a $100 extra cleaning charge for a service pet in our units. If you choose to bring an animal in our condo without authorization, we will retain all of your $500 deposit for cleaning and fines. Please don't let the ferrel cats in our condo nor should you feed the cats. They are being cared for through Avicats. Be advised that you are in Hawaii and this complex has may trees and plants and with those come bugs like the big American Cockroach (over an inch long). If you keep the screens closed, that won't come in your room. If they do, they are harmless but look scary! We do treat your room with insecticide at the doorways and under cabinets but no amount of insecticide will keep all bugs out of your room. Just part of living in Hawaii and enjoying the beauty of the Islander grounds...
7. Parking: Parking passes are issued at check-in from the front desk staff. Parking on the premises is first come-first served and is free. Renters must display parking pass on the rear view mirror or dash at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense. Dustie in security is very helpful in this matter between 8am and midnight weekdays and weekends. Security WILL fine you for parking on the premises without a permit. If you are fined because you parked to unpack on arrival or simply forgot to put your pass in the car, please find security and they will destroy your parking fine. Parking is always difficult after dinner especially during Holidays. You can always find parking on Kuakini Hwy South of the complex on the ocean side or across from the complex on Ali'i drive in the parking garage for $5 every 24hours.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. There is also a small $40 cleaning fee so please WASH YOUR OWN DISHES if you use them and REMOVE YOUR OWN TRASH from the unit when you leave. The trash dumpster is located at the top right side of the complex on Kuakini Hwy to the South side of the lobby where there is also a smoking area. If you choose to not remove your trash or choose to not wash your dishes, we will retain $25 from your deposit only because your trash and dishes are personal (like dirty diapers and personal hygiene items) We would like you to leave the condo looking as much like as you arrived other than cleaning/sweeping etc. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We provide beach towels. We do not permit bath towels or linens to be taken from the units. If you use a towel (even once), please place it in the dirty laundry hamper when you leave but please conserve towels by hanging them to dry and use more than once. We will assume any towel left folded in the room is CLEAN. Please avoid using the decorative towels in the unit if you don't need them. There are dish towels on the counter and there are white bath towels on the basket in the bathroom that we wish you to use for daily use. There is self-service laundry available on the property. Your door card key opens the laundry room and pool. Please do not hang any towels or laundry on the Lanai. We provide racks for your luggage behind the green chair, the two bottom shelves next to your bed and hanging space in the closet for your clothes. Not to sound bossy, but we have had some problems in the past... Mahalo.
9. Hot Tub, Pool and BBQ are accessed with your room card key. Please abide by the rules posted at the pool and laundry area regarding the use of these amenities. Pool and Hot Tub hours are 9am-10pm. Quiet hours 8pm-8am. No one under 14 may use hot tub. Adults must supervise children using the pool under 12. No food or drinks in the pool or hot tub (OK at tables and chairs in pool area). No horseplay, no boards/balls/inflatables or glasswear or radios in the pool area.
10. If we as the host, are fined as a result of a violation of the Condo Rules by a guest, the guest is to reimburse us, the host, and the host is given the right to deduct the amount equal to such fine from the guest’s security deposit and demand the remainder of the fine from the guest. Thank you. Sorry about all the rules but we live and learn after three years of hosting.
From Sep 23 - Oct 10, 2016 the minimum stay is 10 nights.