Relax on the lanai with a drink, put your feet up, and listen to the trade winds rustling through the palms of Kihei Resort's well-manicured Japanese zen garden.
Take a short walk out of complex & across the street to Sugar Beach for snorkeling, swimming & bodyboarding.
Let the breeze flow though the condo as the dual ceiling fans turn, or make use of powerful A/C units in both the bedroom and living room.
Our 621sq. ft.ground-level one bedroom condo was completely renovated in May 2011. With granite counter tops, and a full kitchen with all utensils, you can whip up a meal from the nearby farmers market. Or just relax in front of the 42" flat screen TV and order a pizza. Wifi internet access installed too.
The queen bed in the bedroom luxuriously sleeps two, and the extra-long couch in the living room has a pull out bed that can comfortably sleep one adult or two children.
We provide soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, dryer sheets, hair dryer, beach towels, cooler, beach chairs, umbrella, boogie boards, everything you need for your Maui beach vacation!
Kihei Resort has a swimming pool, jacuzzi, and barbeque area. Just 12 miles from the airport, it is located directly across from Kalepolepo Beach Park and Sugar Beach. A mile away is Azeka Shopping Center and Piilani Village Shopping Center with many restaurants. Another mile further south is lovely Kalama Park and some of Maui's most popular beaches (Kamaole Beaches I, II and III). You can go for a morning walk on the beach, swim, walk or bicycle to shopping and restaurants, then return to watch the sun set over the Pacific, just across the street from your home away from home.
The Maui Bus has a stop right by the complex.
This condo is managed by a local owner, complies with all Hawaii state transient accommodations laws, and is registered under tax ID #W(phone number hidden). The nightly fee is INCLUSIVE of 4.16% Hawaii General Excise Tax and 9.25% Hawaii Transient Accommodations Tax
1. Smoking: Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere in the unit or on the lanai of the unit.
2. Unit Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 4 persons. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Parking: Parking is limited to one vehicle. Vehicle is to be parked in stall #64 only. This stall is located to the far end of the lot near the recycling station. Vehicle must be parked facing inward. A parking pass is located inside the unit. Renters must display parking pass on the rear view mirror at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter's expense. Leave the parking passes inside the unit upon departure. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
4. Noise: Quiet hours are 10pm to 8am, seven days a week. Guests should curb all social functions, music, and noise during these hours.
5. Dangerous Items: Prohibited are flammabale oils or fluids like gasoline, kerosene, naphtha, benzene, explosives, fireworks, and any open flame. Barbecuing or grilling is allowed only in the community grill area in the southeast corner of the complex.
6. Trash: Trash can is in the washer/dryer closet. When full, trash can be brought to the dumpsters in the parking lot.
7. Pets: Pets are NOT allowed.
8. Lanai (deck) care: Do not leave towels or clothes out to dry on the lanais. Do not leave trash in view on the lanai. You will find 4 beach towels, 2 beach chairs, 1 sun umbrella, 1 cooler, and 2 boogie boards inside the storage bench on the lanai for your use and enjoyment at the beach. Please do not bring any of these items into the condo as they are generally full of sand.
9. Pool Rules: Pool and Hot Tub hours are from 9am to 9pm. You must use the pool key to enter the locked pool entry gate. There is no lifeguard on duty, pool use is at ones own risk. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. No glass of any kind is allowed in the pool. A $100 fine will be assessed to any guest bringing in glass. Plastic cups are provided so that you may bring your drink to the pool. No running, shouting, spitting, nudity, yelling, diving, playing music or radios, Do not enter pool covered in suntan oil, or if ill with open sores, cuts, rashes. Infants must wear plastic pants over diapers.
I have been an airbnb host but this was my first experience as an airbnb guest. This condo is a good choice, and away from the main and much busier part of Kihei. I didn't get to meet Sam as everything was dealt with before my arrival, including keys in a lockbox. It's a good alternative from the much higher priced resorts in Wailea, but of course doesn't have all the bling factors. I would stay again sure!
I have only stayed in a few Airbnb locations, but Sam was by far the best host yet. Aside from the Accurate description on his condo, he provided very clean unit, a personalized book with great tips for restaurants/bars, and allowed us to stay a few hours after check-out time, just so we had a place to keep our things until our red-eye flight later that night.
Also, the community of people were very friendly, and made the experience pleasant.
I Would highly recommend this unit for a couple of any age-group, and would certainly be up for staying there again!
We had a great time at Sam's place in Kihei.
We were initially a little worried about the location.
We wanted something on the west side of the island near Lahaina.
However, Kihei is great!
Lots of local shops and restaurants close by....
We had a rental car and Kihei is actually very centrally located.
The beach was just across the street and we enjoyed several nice sunsets.
The condo was very nice.
Everything was clean and ready to go.
There was a nice assortment of spices and condiments in the kitchen left by previous guests.
All in all, we were very satisfied.
High recommendations and two thumbs up for Sam.
This was a great two-day place to crash during our brief stay in Maui. Laundry and kitchen was great to have. Condo was clean, organized, and neighbors were very friendly. Sam provided excellent detailed check-in and check-out instructions, making our stay seamless and stress-free!
Sam gave great instructions two days in advance of our stay. Although we did not meet him, he checked in with us after we got into the unit. The unit had everything we expected and we were also surprised by how much bigger it was than we thought! The two of us felt like we had too much space in the unit. We loved that there was a laundry unit, hot tub, cable TV, wifi, and we could tell Sam cared about his guests. We would definitely stay here again- thanks Sam!
Overall, Sam's condo is a great value and in a great location. Having the parking and wifi as well as the appliances such as dishwasher and washer/dryer made our visit easy and enjoyable. The plumbing was loud at times as it is old, but wasn't too bad. Sam is a great host and replies to questions quickly. He is very friendly. Because it has been used by many people some of the beach equipment was in rough shape, but we were able to deal with that ( we bought a beach umbrella and left it behind for future tenants). Overall a great value! We look forward to another trip! Maloha, Sam!
I stayed in this one bedroom condo for a week in first week of December. The Kihei Resort has a great ambiance with very nice garden Its a great first floor unit. The kitchen is fully equipped with all utensils. The living room is as shown in pics and has a small book shelf , I found some Maui travel guide books that helped me during my trip!
The resort also has a great pool and jacuzzi. We used to come every night and spend some time at the Jacuzzi, its very private pool with few people!!
Although the resort does not have any beach view or beach access, its right across the street, just few blocks away from unit. Its a long beach, you can go for a nice early morning walk or come and watch the sunset in the evening!
Also, there is nice Indian restaurant with beach view right across the condo.
The place is also accessible to shopping malls and restaurants.
This host has 3 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
I enjoy reading The Economist on the beach, traveling to new countries with a carry-on size backpack and an ATM card, and winning at Pub Trivia Night.
As a host, I provide easy lock-box self check-in to my guests. I live nearby and am just a phone call away for anything you need. I provide detailed recommendations on nearby restaurants, bars, beaches, and activities. I want you to experience the best my island has to offer!