About this listing
A private, cosy, fully-furnished room; shared bathroom, kitchen, and dining area. Very safe and convenient area - 5 min from public transport, museums, major tourist attractions, libraries, the UN
As advertised, this is a listing for a PRIVATE ROOM:
- Yes, this is your own private room, you won't be sharing the bedroom space with me
- Yes, you will be sharing the kitchen, bathroom, and dining area
- No, this is not a listing for the entire apartment
TOP FIVE REASONS TO RENT THIS ROOM
1. Dream New York location: CLOSE TO EVERYTHING!
2. See the amazing colors of the Empire State right from your window!
3. Unbeatable, high-end mattress: perfect place to relax after a long day/night of NYC fun
4. Steps away from Grand Central, United Nations, Times Square, Empire State, NY Public Library and Bryant Park and public transportation: 5 min walk to subway lines at Grand Central Station and Metro North
5. Walking distance to both Broadway theaters AND hip East Village hang-outs - the public transportation system is great, but there are constant changes and closures: this is one way you can be completely self-reliant while in town
MORE REASONS IF YOU ARE STILL NOT FULLY CONVINCED:
THIS IS YOUR IDEAL CHOICE IF YOU WANT:
- an affordable place in the very center of Manhattan
- a quiet space to study, with plenty of privacy (and you are welcome to explore our library collection of 2000+ volumes)
- to have an easy access to all major NYC's attractions
- to go home quickly after a night on the town
- no hassle, quick access to upstate/out-of-state trains or shuttle buses from Grand Central
- the full variety of top restaurants within a walking distance
- over 100 delis and coffee shops within a 2-10 minutes walk
- Cozy, fully furnished private bedroom
- Fully furnished means a comfortable bed, closet, desk and chair, book-shelf, and hangers
- Fresh linens - bedding, sheets, towels are provided for your disposal
- No, the room is not shared.
- No, you will not be sleeping on a couch in the living room. You do get a private room with a queen size bed (with brand new mattress!) and a view of the Empire State Building.
- Yes, the bathroom and kitchen are shared. Please, feel free to use the fridge, grab a cup of coffee and display your skills as a gourmet chef.
- Yes, this is one of the safest areas in town. Go out and come back 24/7 without worries or concerns
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON THE APARTMENT:
Free wireless internet access (secure) and utilities are included in the price, NO THERE ARE NO HIDDEN FEES
Electric fan, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, hair curler are all available for you to use - just ask!
Walk-up building, the apartment is on the 4th floor; no doorman, laundry in the basement
Paid parking across the street
Breakfast and laundry services available at additional fee
Additional guests can be accommodated at extra fee
kitchen, dining area, and of course bathroom
Great neighborhood - very convenient and safe: You can get to anywhere in no time and at any time of the day and night. You can also get food/groceries 24/7
All modes of public transportation right outside the door or within a 5 min walk. The closest subway stop is at Grand Central, lines 4,5,6, 7 and S.
Thank you for your booking!
I look forward to welcoming you here. The rules - there are not many, but they are very important to me:
1. At your EARLIEST, please let me know your estimated arrival and departure times. I try to be as flexible as possible and accommodate various arrival and departure times, BUT
2. Very sorry, you can't check-in before 9 a.m. and after 11 p.m. Also, if you think you are running late - please text/email/call me. Please be mindful of my extremely tight New-Yorker-like schedule. This also means: if you are more than 4 hours late, you need to contact me and make alternative check-in arrangements.
3. NO SHOES in the apartment - it is very unnerving when people overlook this and I have to remind them when they come in. This is my home and I like to keep it clean.
4. No smoking in the apartment
5. To the best of your ability, please maintain the room clean. This especially means: please don't leave your lovely hair in the sink and the bathtub!
6. I never thought I would need to say this, but here it comes: PLEASE PUT YOUR CHEWING GUM IN THE TRASH
You can arrange for daily cleaning service (and laundry) at an additional fee
If you need anything, please ask!