About this listing
The Garden Room is a self contained double room with ensuite that is accessed via it's own private entrance from the driveway/garden.
The Garden Room is a self contained double room with ensuite that is accessed via it's own private entrance from the garden.
The Accommodation has a lovely travertine tiled ensuite. There is also a useful dining area where you can enjoy fresh coffee and croissants in the morning by request (at no extra charge).
There are drinks facilities in the room for your convenience.
The Garden Room is part of a large restored stone cottage with heaps of character.The property has spectacular panoramic views over Morecambe Bay which can be appreciated from the private gardens.
We provide an ideal base for walkers and cyclists who want to explore South Lakeland.
Guests have access to private parking, the guest accommodation and the extensive gardens that have impressive views across Grange, the Kent Estuary and Morecambe Bay. Please note guests do not have use of a kitchen.
Interaction with Guests
As the Garden Room has its own private access, guests can come and go as they please.
One of us is usually here to welcome you and answer any questions or recommend places to visit during your stay.
The Garden Room is within
- 10 minutes walk of a range of shops, cafes, restaurants, pubs, banks and the post office.
- 5 minutes drive to Cartmel, England's culinary destination, which is No.44 in the New York Times list of places to visit in 2014!
- 10 minutes walk from the Lake District National Park
- Cartmel Priory
- Cartmel Racecourse
- Holker Hall
- Fell Foot
- Sizergh Castle
- Lake Windermere
- Coniston Water
- Fell walking
- Cycle touring
- Mountain biking
- Sailing, kayaking and canoeing
- 20 mins by car from Jct 36 of the M6;
- Private parking is available;
- less than 1 mile to Grange railway station where you can catch regular trains to Lancaster (for connecting services to the rest of the UK) or regular buses to Kendal (for connecting services to the rest of the Lake District; and
- 2 hours by train from Manchester Airport.