ATTENTION! Special Winter Rates for Feb/March!
Super cozy, affordable & romantic studio near Queens Blvd
Very safe, elevator building on the 2nd floor. 5-10 minute walk to the train!
NYC does not have to be a stressful/expensive vacation! Get away from the hustle and bustle of busy Manhattan life in this unique & affordable hideaway in Sunnyside, Queens. Enjoy the rich culture of Queens while still in close proximity to Manhattan & Brooklyn.
- antique or antique style furniture gives a warm and romantic feel
- very close to the train (5-10 min walk to the 7 train which is a fast train into Manhattan: (website hidden))
- very close to many great grocery stores, restaurants & bars all open late
- luxurious fixtures (waterfall shower head, fragrant soaps, soft towels & sheets)
- friendly, unique neighborhood & building
- no landline telephone/no buzzer
- bed is a bit short and snug for couples although many couples stay and are okay with it
- neighbor is a smoker so hallway sometimes is a bit smokey smelling
Explore what makes this borough so unique! Near: Museum of the Moving Image, Museum for African Art, MoMA PS1, 5 Pointz (mecca for graffiti enthusiasts), The Noguchi Museum, Socrates Sculpture Park, Astoria & Long Island City.
I am a long time Airbnb host. I frequently stay here when I rent out my own space in Manhattan & really enjoy the relaxing change of pace.
*** PLEASE RESPOND WITH A BIT ABOUT YOURSELF & WHO WOULD BE STAYING IN THE APARTMENT***
Guests have access to everything in the apartment including tea/coffee, sheets/towels, pots/pans etc
I will send you an area guide upon confirmation of your stay and will greet you at the apartment with keys and to show you the space.
I personally love the discount stores, unique thrift stores and cozy cafes. Also: Museum of the Moving Image, Museum for African Art, MoMA PS1, 5 Pointz (mecca for graffiti enthusiasts), The Noguchi Museum, Socrates Sculpture Park, Astoria & Long Island City.
My mom spent a great week in Sunnyside visiting us during the holidays and I loved her "little home away from home". It felt like she was staying at a friends place in Paris! She loved getting up and making her own breakfast before heading out for a fun day in NYC, just 20 minutes away. And then looking forward to a nice warm bath before bed in the big bathtub! The apt was cozy and quiet. The bed a little firm for her, but she slept well all the same. She looks forward to visiting again when in NY.
Jacquelyn was a great host and gave us lots of tips about NY. The apartment is really great, if you are looking for a calm place go go after a long day of walking the city. The neighborhood is a simple and peaceful place, with good food options arround, markets, pubs. Also, a 5 min walk to the 7 train, which takes you to manhatan in about 15-20 minutes. It's really fast and it runs all day, all the time. So, it's a really good place to stay if you dont want to spend a bazilion dollars in a hotel in manhatan.
I enjoyed staying at the apartment which is centrally located and offers in broad terms convenience, from shopping to sightseeing. The apartment is ideal as well as very comfortable for a solo traveler like myself. A very special kudos to Jacquelyn who has been an extraordinary host. She was always responsive to any question or an issue. When apartment's central heating turned to become inefficient, she was graciously arrived with extra comforter. Thank you Jacquelyn and will keep the apartment in mind for future travel plans.
Great location close to Manhattan, but so much more relaxed. I think I'd choose this neighborhood if I lived in New York. Nice quiet building, except that the apartment is near a noisy garbage chute -- only a problem in the morning. Jacquelyn was very accommodating. Communication was excellent.
Incredible space, amazing furniture, Jacquelyn is super knowledgable and kind, and location location location!! I will be visiting again soon
We had a wonderful stay at Jacquelyn's apartment. We really felt at home. The apartment is nicely decorated and has a nice personal touch. The bed was perfect for the two of us, and we are normal sized I would say ;) The neighborhood is quiet, nice and cute and offers good food shopping and eating places... It is very convenient to reach Manhattan (and also Brooklyn) from there - 20 minutes to Times Square. Jacquelyn and her boyfriend are very friendly and helpful and easy to communicate with. Overall a very good experience in a very relaxing place, I would definitely stay there again! Btw, the shower heads are awesome!!!
This was just what I was looking for! I wanted to spend time in Sunnyside and this location was perfect - easy to get into the city, conveniently located to many neighborhood stores, and very safe. The apartment had everything I needed. Jacquelyn is a wonderful communicator and quickly responded to any questions I had. I would stay here again! Thank you, Jacquelyn!
We would definitely recommend Jacquelyn's place to anyone visiting NY!
Our favorite things about her place:
- quick access to Midtown Manhattan: the apartment is located in a very nice and safe-looking neighborhood in Queens. It is a few blocks away from the subway station where you have a direct connection (line 7) to Times Square - it was so convenient to go to the City!
- very nice host: we had a very good communication to Jacquelyn, she met us in person at the apartment, she responded promptly to all our texts and e-mails, she provided a long list of places to eat or visit around the apartment. Thank you, Jacquelyn!
- authentic apartment: the apartment has a very artsy look and feeling, and a strong personal touch. We felt like real New Yorkers living there:) The hallway is very clean, there is a quick access to garbage, elevator, laundry.
Some small downsides (not affecting our overall experience):
- the bed is enough for two people, however it was a little unconfortable
- there was a bit of noise at night (one coming from the heating system which is oil based I think, another from the fridge as there is no door between the bedroom and kitchen)
All in all, a very pleasant experience!
The apartment is lovely, very comfortable and well equipped - we had much better conditions than a hotel twice the price and improved a lot our New York experience.
It is perfectly located in a very nice neighbourhood with plenty of diners, restaurants, supermarkets, friendly people, and very safe overall (which we were worried about in New York).
Jacquelyn was a great and very helpful host, communication was great, and the check-in and check-out went without problems.
From a very peaceful and resting neighbourhood it is possible to reach midtown Manhattan in 20 minutes, which allowed us to explore the city and rest as we needed.
Our first airbnb experience couldn't have been better, and we highly recommend Jacquelyn's apartment.