This space can accommodate up to four people (we have extra temporary beds that we add in).
Here are 10 reasons to stay in this room:
1. You can walk to the tube station in about two minutes.
2. From the station you can be in London Bridge in 5 minutes (about 12 minutes to get to Trafalgar Square).
3. It's in Zone 2 - the zone 1-2 Tavel card is the cheapest.
4. Close to the property you have 24-hour food shops, cafes, restaurants, theatre and a big supermarket (Sainsbury’s).
5. Buses 53 and 453 go from the flat straight into town giving you the tourists views as you pass the London Eye; go over the Westminster Bridge; roll past Big Ben; Parade through Whitehall, passing the Prime minister's residence on Downing Street; semi-circulate Trafalgar Square; all before heading up to Piccadilly Circus, trough Regent's Street; then cross Oxford Street before your ride on this London bus comes to an end :o)
6. Despite the fantastic location, your room faces a peaceful garden.
7. The building is a unique mansion block from the late 1800s.
8. Your room is large and has high ceilings.
9. Of course, there is also WI-FI :o)
10. A few minutes walk from Goldsmiths College.
My two friends and I had a chance to stay at two of Sidney's places during our two week stay in London. Both places were great! Accessible location and fuss free facilities. Sidney's assistant Eddy was kind to help us with our luggage (we were on the 3rd floor). Also met other guests whom we had interesting chats with. An overall good experience!
Eravamo in 4 in una stanza molto piccola,troppo piccola! La stanza sarebbe stata perfetta per due persone. Tutte le stanze in case non sono grandi però , comunque, efficienti! Non c'è un soggiorno comune e il panorama da cui si vede "la Scheggia" non è possibile vederlo da nessuna finestra. Comoda la posizione della casa davanti alla fermata del pullman!
la chambre donnant sur le jardin est très calme et la literie est très bonne : nous avons passé de bonnes nuits ! Lignes de bus au pied de l'immeuble pour aller en ville. Eddy a été accueillant et serviable.
Mais le mobilier et l'état général de l'appartement mériteraient d'être mieux entretenus (réparer la chasse d'eau, enlever moisissure et un petit coup de rénovation général !).
Nathalie et Bruno
Very good price. OK room. The facilitets adequate. Good value for the money. Location a little far from central London, but close to an overground station and there's a bus stop right outside the building (take the bus to save money - by underground + overground you pay twice the Price of a busticket)
Lovely cafe close by in no. 178!
Basic apartment but okay for the price we paid for. Sometimes a mad rush for the toilet & shower in the mornings/at nights with the other guests around, and wifi was undetectable on some of our devices in the room (but okay in the main corridor), but well within walking distance from overground station and value for money.
The stay at Sidney's place was just right. We stayed in a big comfortable bright room! The connections to the flat are perfect with the bus station right in front of the flat!
Unfortunately we did not meet Sidney himself. Thank you a lot Sidney we had a wonderfull time!
Great, clean, warm little room with easy access to town. Would definitely recommend! Thanks.
We had a great time staying at Sidney's place. He is a wonderful person and we loved chatting with him. We felt very comfortable there. His place is very close to all you need...supermarkets, trains etc... Sidney's place is always clean and tidy. Kitchen was well equipped and our room was quiet. Thanks Sidney....you rock! :)
Sidneys flat is very comfortable, close to the dlr and the overground, and in a safe area. It ia perfect if you are the typw of person who likes to get away from the tourist areas and stay where "real" londoners live.
Sidney himself is a gracious host who truly goes out of his way to make your experience good. When I return to london I will stay with him again!
Sidney's room is tidy and quiet, and Sidney is very friendly to help, he diligently redecorated and takes good care of the flat, and also is a funny and interesting person to talk with.
People displaced by UKFlood are eligible for waived Airbnb service fees. You will be able to indicate your eligibility after making a booking request. Find out more »