About this listing
Our individually decorated air-conditioned rooms are either double or twin bedded with en-suite shower or bathrooms, include original features such as exposed stone walls and beamed ceilings. Price indicated is for double room. Family room is €110.
Le Clozet is situated on a hilltop on the edge of the picturesque village of Pouy Roquelaure. Le Clozet is an 18th century farm house, once owned by the owner of the chateau in the centre of our village. Stone built with the interior retaining the exposed stone walls and old roof timbers. Whilst being fully brought up to date with 21st century facilities we have tried to offer a marriage between the modern and traditional.
Our three bedrooms, 2 double and 1 family, have recently been renovated offering stylish individual accommodation. Each room has it's own en-suite bathroom, air conditioning and tea/coffee making facilities. Guests have use of a large comfortable living/dining room with a log burning stove and satellite TV and free Wi-fi. Our property is fully enclosed in a park of 2.4 acres, well equipped with children's play activities. Our crowning glory is our 12m * 6m fenced swimming pool set in it s own private area with stunning views of the countryside.
We are centrally located between the medieval bastide towns of Nerac, Condom and Lectoure. Rich in history but also very vibrant local market towns. There are many good restaurants, bars and cafés within a few minutes of Le Clozet.
Agen is 20 minutes away and is a large town with shops, siipermarkets, cinemas etc.
The picturesque village of Pouy Roquelaure is set on an elevated position halfway between Condom and Agen. Its unique location and predominately stone built houses make Pouy Roquelaure particularly attractive, being frequented by visitors who can walk around the 16c chateau walls taking in the breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside. There is also a stone church dating from the same period which is still used for occasional services.
For the more energetic the pilgrim route of St James of Compostella passes through the village on its way to La Romieu, a major stopping point on one of the many pilgrim routes in the area.
Other Things to Note
A car is essential.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PROPERTY RENTAL
1. Holiday Price The price quoted is guaranteed for the agreed period, on receipt of your deposit of 30% of your total invoice value. This deposit is non refundable and therefore we strongly recommend you insure your holiday as soon as you confirm your booking. The balance of your invoice is due 8 weeks prior to arrival. On receipt of your deposit we will confirm your holiday. Payment can either be by euros cheque payable to Le Clozet, or it can be made by bank transfer. Our bank details are available on request if you prefer this method. The holiday price includes bedding, (sheets, pillow case, light duvets) and bath towels, but does NOT include swimming pool towels.
2. Care of the Bedrooms You are responsible for any breakages, damages or loss to the property and all the amenities provided, and for leaving it in good order and in clean condition. If you commit any serious abuse or damage to the property or any of it's amenities, we reserve the right to treat your holiday as cancelled, and require you to leave the property immediately without any compensation.
3. Arrival/Departure times Arrivals and departures on Saturdays only, arrival must be after 16.00 hours but no later than 22.00 and departure before 10.00 hours or by prior arrangement.
4. Cancellation by you As stated in Point 1, the deposit is non refundable, but should the holiday be cancelled less than 8 weeks prior to arrival, the full 100% of cost is to be paid. Provided cancellation is unavoidable, these costs should be recovered by your personal travel insurance. We strongly recommend that insurance be taken out to protect against unavoidable cancellation, accident, illness or injury, or breakdown to your vehicle on a self-drive holiday.
5. Sleeping Capacity This must be agreed on booking to enable us to provide the accommodation most suitable for your needs. Under no circumstances is the maximum number of occupants indicated on booking to be exceeded, should this occur then either a surcharge of €450.00 per week per additional person will be required on arrival, or we reserve the right to refuse admission to the property of any of your party in excess of the agreed number.
6. Amenities Every care is taken to ensure that all the information is as accurate as possible, but there may be instances where facilities or features described have to be altered or withdrawn. There may be rare occasions when for reasons beyond our control a property has to be withdrawn. In such cases we will offer to find similar alternative accommodation where possible, and if this is not possible or acceptable, all payments received will be refunded.
7. Use of the pool and gardens The use of the swimming pool, which is unsupervised, is entirely at your own risk. Parents agree to ensure children are supervised at all times. The gardens are also not supervised and similarly use of these facilities is entirely at your own risk. The proprietor cannot be held responsible for any accidents on the property resulting from improper use of the pool or other facilities.
8. Under no circumstances must our accommodation be sub let to a third party. If it is discovered that this is the case then the full amount of the security deposit will be forfeited without any refund.
About the Host, Gareth
I am a semi retired engineer having worked most of my life in or connected to the automobile industry both in the UK and overseas. Married with two daughters and five grandchildren. Lived in France for over 10 years with my youngest daughter and two grandchildren running our B&B plus helping in the family property management business.
I like rugby, music, reading, food, wine and travelling.