At Kiloranhouse Cottage, we offer a relaxed comfortable and cozy stay in a secure, homely and natural environment away from the daily din and bustle;
• DISCOUNTED rates for extended stay
• FREE laundry (for reasonable load) and SPECIAL continental breakfast that includes fruit and cereals.
• Opportunity to go retrace the ROYAL LOVE BIRDS’ trail blazing to the slopes of Mt Kenya and make encounter with mother nature;
• a chance to see one of SEVEN WONDERS OF WORLD – a wildlife MARATHON
Kiloranhouse Cottage has two units : a COTTAGE and an APARTMENT-both as lovely . The cottage is for peace and tranquility and the apartment for the business inclined, including facility for business meetings.
RATES – SUBJECT TO VARIATION – CURRENT -
UP TO DECEMBER 15th, 2013:
The cottage which has a private garden with two mahogany garden settees, has 3 bedrooms :
• a master en suite with a queen bed and a PRIVATE bathroom with toilet and whirlpool hot tub jaccuzzi (SLEEPS TWO; USD 75/night);
• a twin bedroom with two single beds(SLEEPS TWO; USD 68/night);
• a single loft bedroom with a single bed and toilet (SLEEPS ONE; USD 62/night).
• OPTIONAL Sofa bed ( SLEEPS TWO – when in a party; USD 30/night)
The loft and twin bedrooms share a bathroom.
They all share a living room , kitchen and garden with two MAHOGANY SETTEES .
The apartment with stunning balcony garden view, has 3 bedrooms :
• a very spacious self contained Prime bedroom with king DOUBLE BED and bathroom with overhead shower and bay window with private bathroom with overhead shower(SLEEPS TWO; USD 75/night);
• a twin with TWO DOUBLE BEDS (SLEEPS FOUR in 2 beds ; USD 72/night);
• and a single double bed bedroom (SLEEPS TWO; USD 68/night).
The twin and the single bedroom share a bathroom and toilet. They all share a kitchen., living room and balcony.
• A SQUEEZE - Extra person above stated number/room - is charged $ 30.
• An EXTRA bed in a room costs USD 40.
• Infant (0-3 yrs) staying with parents USD 20
• ROOMS : 7+ day stay – 5%; month stay – 10%
• UNITS : 1+ day stay -3% 7+day stay - 10% month stay – 30%
The RATES above are PAYABLE UPFRONT in US $ or KShs They cover BED AND SPECIAL CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST- fruit, cereals, bread, tea /coffee for those staying for less than a month . We provide foodstuffs and you make breakfast to your taste. Other meals can be cooked on site or taken at the restaurants around.
[ SEE BELOW FOR SERVICES AND FACILITIES DETAILS]
Kiloranhouse Cottage is only a few minutes walk from the City centre in a leafy Nairobi suburb, but it is so uncharacteristically out of town that one is momentarily transported into the wild, complete with trees and flowers . It is a convenient location for many place events in Nairobi and launching point while in Kenya, to see one of the SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD - game migration in the Mara and other Kenya wildlife and nature treasures .
The COTTAGE, about 100 years old, is a under a forest canopy with a private garden surrounded by a hedge. It has cedar wood floors and ceramic tiles on kitchen top and bathrooms. The shared hot bathtub bathroom is adjacent to a kitchen with a mahogany top central island. Further on is a landing with a toilet on the left. Natural wood railings adorn staircase leading to a Loft bed with own toilet and a lovely view above the greenery.
To the right of landing the living room has doors leading into the garden on the right and two bedrooms on the left . Of the two the master en suite has Jacuzzi while the twin has two single beds.
A door directly opposite twin entrance leads to the private garden which has in addition to the lawn, two mahogany garden settees.
In keeping with the need for quietness, no television set is provided.
The APARTMENT, also as old, is accessed through a cedar wood staircase to a living room with curved ceiling . This leads to cedar wood balcony with a stunning view of the garden. The long table there can be used for dining, work table or for meetings. Silhouetted lights at balcony corners give the place a romantic effect in the evening.
The spacious Prime bedroom as a king bed . It has two windows one of which is a bay with a beautiful view of the garden. The bay can be used as a desk. It is self contained with toilet and an overhead shower, The second bedroom has two queen beds while the third has a queen bed but can also be used as a study. The last two bedrooms share one bathroom and a toilet. The three share kitchen, fridge, living room and balcony.
These terms commence on the date of the communication notifying me your acceptance of the accommodation.
Since the accommodation is a shared facility your private bedrooms should be securely locked and keys kept on you. We accept no liability for valuables lost or damaged in the premises.
We usually block for you all the rooms requested for the dates requested so that they are not automatically filled up by my internet booking system. If there is no response from you within the next 36 hours, they get unblocked to have them available for others to book.
To secure the booking, if the TOTAL BILL has not been paid to the BOOKING AGENT, a deposit of 25% stay cost is paid. This will be included in offsetting the final bill but will be non-refundable on cancellation of the booking. In addition there is USD 200 property deposit that is refunded at the end of stay if there is no damage.
Booking deposits to be paid in USD, either in my Paypal a/c or KSh equivalent by M-PESA The balance shall be paid in full on check-in in either USD or KSH.
• CHECK-IN is 10 am. Earlier Check-In incurs previous night’s full charge.
• CHECK OUT is 12 noon.
As a courtesy to guests (many flights leave in the evening) use of
room up to 6 pm is offered but is charged at half daily rate. Thereafter the full rate is charged.
• SMOKING: Allowed only in the garden or balcony
TELEPHONE: Pre-paid landline phone with VOIP facility for int’l calls available. Usage will be charged to guests.
INTERNET: There is 3G modem but guests pay for airtime.
SERVICES & AMENITIES
1. HOUSEKEEPING: Rooms are serviced daily. Bedding and towels provided.
2. LAUNDRY: Free for a reasonable quantity.
3. SECURITY: Property is in World Bank approved security safe area. The presence of several embassies and proximity to State House ensures adequate police security coverage.
4. ACCESSIBILITY: The cottage can be reached from the City centre by taxi (about $ 4)
Jomo Kenyatta Int'l airport transfer $ 35 - 45 car load depending on the hour.
a) In Nairobi David Sheldrick Baby Elephants, Nairobi Park , Kazuri Beadworks etc for about US $ 140 + fees;
b) Day Hiking Safari at Hell’s Gate National Park for $ 100 + park fees.
What a quiet little oasis in the hustle and bustle that is Nairobi! We didn't go into town, but we walked the comfortable 10-15 minute walk to the local shopping centre. Adriel was very helpful, helping us with a reliable driver and also booking our bus tickets again for us as well as suggesting places we might like to go.
A charming place to stay, should we ever find ourselves in nairobi again, we will stay again!
A cozy haven in Nairobi. The cottage has a lot of charm and it is so quiet, I slept like a log! Great location and Adriel is so kind and helpful. I would definitely stay there again!
We stayed at Adriel's place for 2 nights and we loved it there! There was everything we needed in the room, bathroom and kitchen and Adriel was a great host! He gave us good tips!! We are back in Nairobi in a couple of weeks and we will be back at Adriel's. Also his area looks safe and we walked in the neighborhood without issues.