About this listing
Our spacious 4 bed 3 bath San Mateo Park Retreat is a perfect base for visiting SF or Peninsula. Business travelers and families will appreciate the privacy, equipped kitchen, and space to spread out. Walk to restaurants, shops (J.Crew, Anthropologie among many others) and twice weekly Farmers Market. In addition to the beds listed, we have several air beds, cots, and floor mattresses to sleep a crowd. Please let me know in advance if you need them.
Bright and cheerful 3 Bedroom/2 Bath home and separate, private Full-sized bed cottage walking distance to Burlingame Avenue. The house is in the heart of San Mateo Park, one of the most beautiful neighborhoods in the bay area.
In the main 3 bedroom 2 bath home, the master bedroom has a queen sleigh bed with 540 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets and en suite bath with shower. The large second bedroom has a Full sized bed and the adorable children's room has twin bunk beds with room for a Travel Crib, child's air mattress or twin size cot (we have all of those, so no need to bring your own, but you do need to let me know in advance). The Full Sized bedroom and Twin Bunk rooms share a large skylight bathroom with shower stall and separate soaking tub.
Our large and sunny playroom is a blast for kids. There is a twin bed in this room, so it can double as a semi-private sleeping space (there are folding doors that separate it from the rest of the house, but they don't lock so privacy is limited). We have wonderful educational toys, blocks, magna tiles, puzzles, and books books books. Of course, we also have a flat screen tv with XBOX Kinect (tons of games for all ages) and Apple TV with Netflix, YouTube, and the full iTunes library with all the latest releases. Netflix is free, but Apple TV purchases are on an honor system.
Our kitchen has everything you need to cook large meals, including rice cooker, blender, slow cooker, waffle maker, coffee grinder and french press.
Guests are welcome use anything in the pantry cabinet or fridge, including any beer or drinks in there.
Our Farmhouse dining table seats 10 comfortably, with plenty of pretty serving dishes and table clothes for nice family dinners.
The bright and cheery guest house has a double bed with Egyptian cotton sheets and down comforter. Plush MemoryFoam pillows deck the bed for a luxurious sleep. The updated bath has a 'rain' showerhead, pedestal sink and hand made Mexican tiled mirror.
The adorable cottage also has a small flat screen tv, WiFI, and work desk.
I have a lockbox on the front porch, so guests may arrive at any time. The code for the lockbox will be sent in the itinerary, after your booking is finalized. Washer and Dryer in the garage is for guests to use, as well as laundry detergent, bleach, stain remover etc. However, we store personal items in the garage so it can't be used for parking cars.
Interaction with guests
I may or may not see you while you are here, I am usually at the property once a week to get mail and check on our garden.
Other things to note
Some guests have asked what the cleaning fee includes. I hire a professional cleaning company to thoroughly clean the entire house between every guest. All bedding (including duvet covers and pillow sham covers) are changed between every guest, and all laundry is washed with bleach so every guest arrives to a fresh, clean home with a wonderful bed!
1) I do not host smokers. Absolutely no smoking anywhere on the property. This includes the back yard and deck. If there is any evidence of smoking (cigarette butts, ash trays or odor), you will be responsible for an extra cleaning fee.
2) PLEASE do not flush anything besides toilet paper. No tampons, baby wipes, condoms, or sanitary pads in the toilet please. We have very fragile clay pipes that clog easily. There is a minimum $300 charge for the plumber to come clear the sewer line. This charge will be deducted from the security deposit if guests flush tampons, condoms, baby wipes etc down the toilet. Please throw these items in the trash.
3) Turn off heater when you check out.
4) Our neighborhood is very quiet and peaceful, and our neighbors have small kids, so please be considerate of noise, especially at night. No loud parties.
5) Please make sure you include the correct number of guests (except babies under 1 year) on your reservation. Unannounced extra guests will be charged double the usual guest fees, and may result in cancellation of your reservation.
6) The house is suitable for babies and toddlers, but parents are responsible for any baby proofing required. This includes covering outlets (I have covers in the middle bathroom vanity). Also, please note that there is no charge bringing children under 1 year. For children 12months and up, I count them as regular guests. This is different than the Airbnb policy
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 239 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I love to travel, and when not traveling, I'm dreaming up my next adventure. A cup of coffee, a long rainy afternoon, and a pile of travel books make for my favorite kinds of days.