♥ Wood / light / calm and cosy atmosphere ♥
Large bedroom with a volt in a historic building (please see my other listing). Spacious, 25 m2, lots of light. Table and chairs for working or writing.
· big single bed 170x200 cm. with italian latex mattress
· fresh bed linen provided as well as towels, hairdryer.
· we can add a 3rd bed or mattress for a child
· floor warm heated.
· keys and map
BATHROOM: you have your own lavabo with wc. and shower (boat type ) in the room; use the family bathroom when you like to use the bathtub...
HOME: winter cocooning, local life, cats, friends ... you are welcomed to use the living room, kitchen and common places.
KITCHEN: is fully usable with kettle, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, gas cooker and oven, induction cooker. Welcomed to stay there anytime (when I cook too).
WIFI: free internet connection with wifi and/or cable ethernet
GUESTS: as I'm very keen on my house I'd like to know which travelers it hosts; so please include a little bit of information about yourself.
and ...here it comes a little more information
traveling and having a relaxing time at home ... this is the perfect place for you to discover and enjoy the true heart of the old Jewish quarter. Close to the Cathedral and main monuments it makes you will feel like the time has not changed since the S. XIV, the same walls will talk to you. Nowadays transformed in a space plenty of light, construction in stone and wooden roof, floor warm heated... we are so high that it's unique to dream watching birds, listening the Cathedral bells, calm music or silence. Plenty of books and magazines at home to read, lots of space to relax.
TERRACES: if you like to lazily take some Mediterranean SUN we have two terraces:
· Martini's terrace where we have drinks and chat. South oriented, very warm and sunny also in winter,
· "badiu" is the Gerona's traditional terrace with an amazing wooden architectural roof. From there you can enjoy the views all over the city, with the church of St. Feliu and the Cathedral; you can admire amazing sunsets; we take summer lunch and suppers up there and ... enjoy very nice siestas too.
NEIGHBORHOOD: mostly residential, safe and quiet .
Plenty of very good restaurants, lots of monuments, museums (Art Museum, Jewish Museum, Archeology, History, Cinema). Cinema in v.o very close, lots of fashion shops, nightlife, gardens at the corner (Alemanys, Passeig Arqueològic, Vall de Sant Daniel, )
SHOPS: in front you have a very good tapas restaurant.
2' walk: winery shop, bread, butcher, pharmacy, bank, crepes, ice-cream, shop with turrons specialities...
5' walk: Organic food shop, supermarket
10' walk: big market at Devesa Park (Tuesday and Saturday), food market daily Plaça del Lleó
· CAR: you can find parking in the city, rotonda near Devesa Park, Carrer Palafrugell, or Passeig fora Muralla
. TAXI arrives at the door in 5 minutes (to the airport 30€)
· 20' walk to Gerona's train and bus station, well connected with Barcelona (1'30 h.) and France.
· Bus stop 5 min. walk, stop at Santa Clara or Post Office
· Gerona's airport, by bus, from train station 30 min.
, Girona offers amazing conditions for cycling practice/ bike rental nearby (bike breaks, bikecat, etc.)
· trekking/ jogging forest is at 2' walking distance (Sant Daniel) big park for footing at 10' (Devesa)
. swimmingpool: 10 ' walk, Geieg
· yoga mat in the house, yoga centre 5' walk. You can book for single lessons as well as ayurvedic massages.
SEASIDE / beaches
· Sarfa Bus: Tossa de Mar, Sant Feliu de Guixols, Palamós, Calella de Palafrugell, l'Escala, ...
· Train: Llançà, Colera, Portbou
· Train + bus: Roses, Cadaquès...
· Teisa bus to Olot, Parc volcanic de l'Alta Garrotxa
· Sky: VallTer 2000, La Molina, or French Pyrenees.
Any questions please feel free to ask me. Thank you very much! Merci beaucoup! Grazie! Tack!
We had a great time staying in the old town, the apartment was clean and tidy when we arrived. A bed had been made up for our son (3) everything was as expected. For anyone wanting to explore the old town a great place to stay. There were others staying at the same time using another room, this was not a problem for us. Lila was very helpful with running tracks and general getting around town.
It was my first time at all in a BnB and I`m very thankful that I lost my "virginity" LoL ..with Lilas charming Home...
I won`t talk much about the beauty or stunning Architectural building that she owns, that seems to go with her personality. I think that the pictures of it can show it more than words. Than about Lila :-)... in the short period of time that we stayed there. We can describe her without hesitation, that she's as an lovely, charming and very funny woman.
We definitely recommend it ...
Gracias Lila por tu amabilidad y hospitalidad que recibimos en tu casa
Estuvimos alojadas dos noches, la casa es preciosa, la cama realmente confortable, y todo (website hidden) relacion con Lila cordial, te ayuda en lo que necesites y te deja plena libertad también.
Totalmente recomendable.Volveré, sin duda.
Hemos estado durante tres días en casa de Lila. El piso es realmente precioso, muy acogedor; ideal para desconectar y descansar.
La comunicación con Lila fue siempre perfecta, nos dio indicaciones precisas para localizar la casa, aparcar y estuvo atenta en todo momento.
Sin duda, lo recomendamos! Nosotros volveremos :)
a warm hearted/ genuine and kind host, an excellent location to explore the city, and the authenticity of Gerona!
We had a wonderful stay. The room is extremely comfortable, beautifully decorated, and truly unique, with a fascinating mix of ancient stone walls and modern touches. Lila was a fantastic host! We enjoyed meeting her, and she provided great tips on where to eat and go. The location also couldn't be better, just next to the Cathedral on a quiet street, in the heart of the Jewish District. We only wish we could have stayed longer!
Our stay in the Medieval Suite has been amazing, the house is lovely, with a lot of atmosphere, we felt at home there, with a magnificent breakfast (we enjoyed a delicious hot tipical bread, ask for it!) Lila is a beautiful host, more than perfect, we hope to get there back soon. Marcello and Cristina.
Thank you Lila for having us! Your place was perfect. I would have been in big trouble without the Jacket! I cannot thank enough. If you stay at Lila's be sure to visit the Didal next door- good food and nice place. Markku
L'appartement est magnifique, bien situé, calme, et Lila une hôtesse attentionnée et discrète.
Tot perfecte! Vam reservar just el dia abans. La casa es presiosa i la Lila ens va rebre sense problemes i ens va fer sentir com a casa.