About This Listing
Live near transit - train, metro, free bus. Clean room with WiFi. Friendly host. Great to make new friends. And, get a chance to explore Kuala Lumpur. You have found the right place @ Shin!
Selamat Datang and Welcome to Kuala Lumpur, my lovely friends from abroad!
*** Within Golden Triangle of Kuala Lumpur. 3.3km on foot to Petronas Twin Towers!
*** Free City Bus direct from home ***
*** Fast Internet WiFi at home;
*** 2 minutes walking distance direct from home to public transport (FREE GoKL City Bus, Monorail, LRT, Public Buses and Taxis) that takes you around city easily (within 10~ 15 minutes) & very affordably (ranges from RM1.60 ~ RM2.80 by train, RM1 ~ RM2 by bus);
*** Clean & comfortable bed (quality sleep guaranteed);
*** Portal WiFi on-the-go on request;
*** Mobile phone to call Shin or local inquiry;
*** 24-hour Security;
*** Free-to-use Pool & Gym facilities;
*** Very cheap 24-hour local food stalls just outside apartment gate (RM2 for a cup of coffee/ tea);
*** 24-hour convenient stores;
*** Very close to local wet market Bazaar Baru Chow Kit, Kampung Baru & National Art Gallery (walking time about 15 minutes from home).
If you like to experience how a local lives, you are welcome to stay with me for a short period of time. It would be a wonderful opportunity to make new friends. And, get a chance to explore Kuala Lumpur and other parts of Malaysia (transit point from my home).
Located 100m away from Jalan Tun Razak, right between Petronas Twin Towers KLCC (3.3km on the east on foot) & Bangsar-Damansara (8.8km on the west). It is in close proximity to Kuala Lumpur city shopping, dining & entertainment outlets and also major office towers made it an ideal location for your stay.
I am a small home owner with extra private room with king-size bed & attached bathroom to spare. This smoke-free cosy children-friendly home with great access to public transport (bus, taxi, LRT metro, monorail) within door steps that connects you within city of Kuala Lumpur and outside of Kuala Lumpur (e.g. Genting Highland, Kuantan, Cherating, Taman Negara National Park).
About my home:
+ 96sqm (1,043sq ft) small, simple but cosy home.
+ Smoke-free (if you would like to smoke, please do so at the foyer, TQ).
+ Fast Internet Wifi-service.
+ Washing machine (within my home).
+ Iron and ironing board.
+ Fully-fitted-and-equipped kitchen with oven, microwave oven, fridge, cooker hood and hob, kettle, cutleries, crockery, cups, pans and pots for your usage just like you are at home (please wash up after you have finished).
+ Shoes cabinet (please leave your shoes here, TQ).
About the room:
+ Fully furnished.
+14sqm (154sq ft) space.
+ Smoke-free (if you would like to smoke, please do so at the foyer, TQ).
+ King-sized bed with comfortable mattress.
+ Private attached bathroom with hot shower and bath tub.
+ Wardrobe space.
+ Shampoo and body soap wash.
+ Hair Dryer.
+ Additional mattress is available upon request.
Things to do at home:-
+ Swimming & Gym @ Level 5 Facilities Floor
+ Surfing on the Internet
+Table Tennis (Ping Pong) bats and balls are available for your enjoyment at facilities floor @ Level 5 Facilities Floor.
+ Magazines & Books.
+ Radio & CDs.
+ TV (with limited channels).
+ European Board & Card Games - Uno, Halli Galli, Geistes Blitz 2.0, Cluedo, Tiki Topple, Blokus, Pictionary, Top Secret Spies, Lady Alice, Le Havre (Dutch version), Tally Ho!, Scrabble, Woolly Bully, Burrows, Dream Factory, Skippo Dice, Ubongo, Caffe Internationale, Set.
+ Coffee/ Tea/ Milk/ Cereal/ Biscuits/ Cookies are available for your enjoyment. If you have other request, feel free to discuss with me.
+ Local mobile phone for use.
+ Cleaning of room will be done prior discussion with you (I respect your privacy and will not go into your room. Please ask if you need help with cleaning).
* Please be reminded that this is NOT a hotel, I hope you understand.*
Facilities available within the apartment compound (Located at Level 5 within apartment building):
+ Swimming Pool
+ Children Pool
+ Gymnasium (Jogging Machines, Nordic Tracks, Cycling Machines, full body workout machines)
+ Table Tennis (Ping Pong) Table
+ Half Basketball Court
+ Children's Playground
+ Squash Court
+ Coffee Terrace
+ BBQ Area
Amenities just outside the apartment compound:
+ Local food stalls (some operate at 24 hours) - Chinese, Malay, Indian and Western food varieties
+ Mini markets, e.g. 7-Eleven (24 hours), 99 Speedmart
+ Bakery/ cake shop
+ Hospital, e.g General Hospital/ Sentosa Hospital
Attractions Nearby (Walking Distance) - see my guidebook (Golden Globe) on this page (right hand corner next to "Reviews"):
+ Titiwangsa Park (Lake)
+ Chow Kit Market
+ Kampung Baru Malay Traditional Homes
+ Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC)
+ National Library
+ National Theatre
+ National Art Gallery
+ Petronas Twin Towers KLCC/ Bukit Bintang/ KL Tower (if you are up for a good walk/ cycle)
Nearby Public Transport (walking distance):
1. Titiwangsa Station (Ampang/ Sri Petaling Line LRT metro) - 2~5 mins
2. Titiwangsa Station (Monorail) - 2~5 mins
3. Titiwangsa Bus Terminal (to Cherating/ Taman Negara) - 2~5 mins
4. Taxi Terminal - 1~5 mins
5. Putra Bus Terminal (East Coast)- 15~20 mins
To get here:
1) Rail (monorail/ LRT (metro)):-
- From Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA), take KLIA Express (RM35, 28 mins) to KL Sentral (for foreigner). Transit onto (i) Monorail and stop at last station Titiwangsa Station, (RM2.50, 20 mins), or (ii) LRT Kelana Jaya-line to Masjid Jamek station for transit onto Ampang-line to Titiwangsa station (RM2.50, 20 mins).
- From Hentian Puduraya Bus Terminal, take the Ampang-line or Sri Petaling-line LRT from Plaza Rakyat station Titiwangsa Station (10 minutes, RM1.90).
- From (website hidden)ark Airport, take (website hidden)ark bus (RM10.40, 35 mins) to Titiwangsa/ Pekeliling Station.
2) Taxi/ Cab (Add 50% midnight surcharge for travels between 12am to 6am):-
- From KLIA, approximately RM80 - RM100 per car (for foreigner) direct to home.
- From KL Sentral station, RM15 - RM20 per car (to purchase pre-paid ticket at the taxi booth).
- From KLIA, Airport Coach bus (45-60 mins, RM10) to KL Sentral (for foreigner). Transit onto taxi/ cab/ monorail/ LRT (metro). Transit onto taxi/ cab/ monorail/ LRT (metro)/ GoKL Bus.
- From (website hidden)ark Airport, take (website hidden)ark bus (35-40 mins, RM10.40) to Titiwangsa/ Pekeliling Station.
**Pick up from KL Sentral could be arranged (please pre-arranged earliest possible).**
4) Local Bus:-
- B103/ B114: From Bukit Bintang/ KLCC. Stop at Titiwangsa Bus Terminal.
- Free GoKL City Bus (Red Line) to Titiwangsa Station.
Thank you for stopping by my page. I look forward in meeting you and your loved ones.
Have a wonderful day!
+ Squash Court
+ Basketball Court
+ Table Tennis Table
Interaction with Guests
Shin would love to bring you to local places and do stuff together in the city when she is free. Please feel free to ask.
Walking distance to:
+ Transport: Free GoKL bus, monorail, metro LRT, intercity bus, cross country bus.
+ Night market (every Tuesday) just below the apartment
+ 24-hour eatery to satisfy your craving
+ Farmer's market - Bazaar Baru Chow Kit
+ Local food stalls - Malay, Chinese, Indian, etc.
+ National Theatre, Titiwangsa Park, National Art Gallery & KLPac Performing Art Centre, Kampung Baru (Village within the city)
+ Free GoKL city buses (Red Line & Blue Line)
+ Monorail (direct from KL Sentral station)
+ LRT Metro to city within 15 mins
+ Inter-city buses
+ Cross country buses
Other Things to Note
* Please get the Rapid Pass Flexi daily pass at KL Sentral Touch n' Go counter.
* Cheap Prepaid phone sim-card with internet starts at RM8-RM15 (US$2-US$5). Do get it at the airport. Telcos available: Celcom, Maxis, Digi, U-Mobile, Tune Talk.
- No smoking inside the premise.
- Any other guests apart from those that checked in are not allowed inside the premise.
- Usage of in-house items are to be used with care, discretion and consideration.
- Use of kitchen should only be for light cooking and should be cleaned up after usage.
- Guests are advised to be considerate in their noise levels especially during late nights (after 12am).
- Please switch off lights, air-conditioners, fans, electrical appliances and water taps when not in use.
- Please close all windows and doors before leaving premise for your activities.
- Please try not to eat & drink in the room to avoid spillage and attraction of ants.
- No drunk-drinking please.
- Guests should be made liable for damages /loss of the items in the premise.
- Guest will be given a set of keys consisting of room key, front entrance keys and key card. Home owner will also hold a duplicate set for security purposes.
- Guests are to present passport/ ID for verification purposes, which will be returned.
Shin is absolutely a fantastic host! She kindly picked me up at 7am at Sentral station and drove me home and was kind enough to accept early check-in. She also showed me around the night market. Monorail station and bus stop are so near that you could easily go to downtown KL by public transportation!
It was a lovely short weekend getaway for 3 days 2 nights. Shin was awesome in hosting us within such a short notice. The rooms are clean and the bed is soo comfortable.
Shin took special attention to cater to us, ie bringing us for seafood. Yums! And i really enjoyed the special discount for sunway lagoon passes. Sweet=) Mobile Wifi was really helpful in our navigation.
Highly recommended to any visitors to KL for a short stay.
We had a lovely 2 night, 3 day stay with Shin in Kuala Lumpur. Shin was so helpful! She picked us up from the train station at KL Sentral, and then at the end of our stay, went out of her way to drop us off there again. She answered all our question and helped in anyway she could to make our stay in KL as enjoyable as possible. Her place was a bit outside the city central, but right on the public transportation lines. A great value, with a great host! Thank you Shin!
We had a wonderful stay in KL and our host, Shin, made us feel welcome from the moment we booked the apartment. The location is close to excellent transport links which are both cheap and easy to navigate. The apartment itself is spacious and clean with everything we needed. Shin was excellent with communication and treated us like old friends. She took us to a local market where we sampled some excellent food. Shin also gave us recommendations for things to do which we thoroughly enjoyed. We would highly recommend this AirBnb for your stay in KL!
About Shin - My wife and myself had a wonderful time with Shin. Right from picking us up from Sentral to dinner to Petronas to driving across the city, we were well taken care by a perfect host. No issues whatsoever.
About her place - The house was neat and clean with all the amenities in place.
Highly recommend Shin's place for stay in KL.
About the Host, Shin
Shin is a small home owner who loves to meet people from around the world.
Till now, Shin has Malaysian, Japanese, Singaporean, American, German, French, Dutch, British, Russian, Ukrainian, Italian, Chinese, Swiss, Spaniard, Canadian/ Sri Lankan, Canadian, Austrian, New Zealander, Australian, Pakistani, South Korean, Hawaiian, Mauritian/ Australian, Filipino, Romanian, Hungarian, Indonesian, Iranian, Indian, Hong Konger, Ecuadorian as frequent guests.
Shin has experienced enjoyable home stay in parts of Malaysia, Japan & Australia. With that, she would like to offer her home to share her warmth with her guests who visit Kuala Lumpur.
Shin is also very grateful for all her guests who had stayed with her. Not only they are benefactors for part of her home loan, but also good friends along the way.
Shin loves to travel. Food is her second love. Her other interests include going to theatrical performances, symphony orchestra concerts, movies, museums, bookstores, swimming and many more.
Shin would appreciate if you could participate in activities which she tries to put in for you. She likes to do stuff together with you. If you are not keen, please also tell her straight (no worries, no hard feelings!), so she won't be putting too much effort into organising them (hee hee).
Shin works with a property/ construction company, which builds homes, shops, shopping malls, schools, hotels, water theme park, hotsprings spa, etc. If you would like to know more about owning properties in Malaysia, please feel free to exchange ideas with her.
If you'd like to know more about Shin, do drop in to say hi. I'm sure she will respond within hours.
- Public hospital. - Located on 150 acres of prime land with 83 wards and 2,302 beds. - In case of emergency:- Tel No: (phone number hidden) | Fax: (phone number hidden) | Email: (email hidden).my.Jalan Pahang Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50586
- 10-15 mins walk from home - 6-storey integrated mall with hotel, office service suites - Next to Putra World Trade Centre - Opens 10am - 10pm dailyJalan Putra Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50350
- Malaysias main venue for all types of theatre, musical, operetta, classical concert and opera. -It is located next to the National Art Gallery in Jalan Tun Razak at the heart of Kuala Lumpur.Jalan Kuantan Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur 53200
- The largest wet market in Kuala Lumpur. - Interesting mix of items sold in this market, usually food stuff and clothing items. - Also, night market, aka Bundle Chow Kit, along Lorong Haji Taib.Jalan Raja Alang Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50300
- Next to the Istana Budaya (National Theatre - Visual arts display - Avenue for local and international artists to display their artistic work - Free Admission - Open daily 10am - 6pm
- One of the most popular metropolitan recreational parks located in the northern part of Kuala Lumpur. -It is next to National Theatre, National Gallery, Sutra Dance Theatre and National Library.
-Main convention and exhibition centre in KL. -Accessible by PWTC LRT station on the Ampang Line or the Putra Komuter station on the Rawang-Seremban Line and Sentul-Port Klang Line.Jalan Tun Ismail Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50480
-More than 3 mil collection - printed and non-printed, manuscripts and digital materials. -The Hikayat Hang Tuah (UNESCO Memory of the World Register). -Open daily (except Mon Holidays) 11-7Jalan Tun Razak Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50572
Oldest malay residential area in KL with still authentic traditional Malay wooden houses. - Lots of restaurants and stalls with Malay food - Saturday night: Pasar Minggu (Sunday Market) 6pm - 1amKuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50450
- Situated inside a former golf course. - Places to watch theaters and other artistic performances. - The brick-wall building was converted from an old warehouse. Retro but modernistic architecture.
Rum Jungle has rainforest-themed around a bar for your drinking pleasure. - Drinks and live entertainment, plasma screens and DJ booth. Plenty of bars, plenty of fun, and a huge variety of music.Jalan P Ramlee Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50540
- 50-acre park with outdoor pool play area - Night time light sound fountain show - Suria KLCC shopping malls, hotel, offices nearby - Aquaria KLCC, Petrosains in mall for kids to enjoy - MPOJalan Ampang Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50088
+ MUD the Musical: Our History of Kuala Lumpur + Learn about Kuala Lumpur through musical + Daily show: 3pm 8pm + Ticket price: RM60 (adult)Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 43200
-More than 100 years ago, one of the oldest mosques in Kuala Lumpur. -Built in a Moorish style with iconic white domes. -It sits at the confluence of the Sungei Klang and Sungei Gombak rivers.Jalan Tun Perak Kuala Lumpur Selangor
+ Formerly housed Federal Superior Courts + 0km of KL starts here + Now Ministry of Information, Communications and Culture of Malaysia + Designed by A.C. Norman, built in (phone number hidden)Jalan Tun Perak Kuala Lumpur Selangor 50350
- Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve is one of the oldest permanent forest reserve in Malaysia. - The views of the city are breathtaking from the worlds seventh tallest communication tower, KL Tower.Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 55100
+ Public library in city centre + Great collections of books, digital media + Free internet WIFI access + Open: 2pm - 6:45pm (Mon); 10am - 6:45pm (Tue-Fri); 10am - 5pm (Sat Sun); Close on HolidayJalan Raja Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory 50050
- Surrounded by impressive historical buildings, e.g. Sultan Abdul Samad building. - It is the literal heart of downtown Kuala Lumpur - Free guided tour - Biggest scale models of Kuala Lumpur1 Kuala Lumpur Selangor
+ Helipad turned into drinking spot + Great unblocked view of KL City Skyline (Twin Towers KL Tower are visible) + Drinking and have fun!
+ I Love KL Photo Place + View Biggest Model of KL + Next to Merdeka Square + Free walking tour Mon, Wed Sat (9:30am) + Hand-made souvenirs items + Open: 9am - 6pm (daily)Dataran Merdeka Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50050
- Best view of the Petronas Twin Towers while enjoying a lovely drink in cool bar. - Have a great time going in couples and with friends.Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50088
- Was wet market in 1888; built by Yap Ah Loy, the city’s Chinese Kapitan. - Prominent landmark in colonial and modern-day Kuala Lumpur. - A centre for Malaysian arts, culture and handicraft.Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan 50050
+ Restaurants bars available + Dining in the Dark experience is available + El Cerdo for suckling piglet + Short walk to Jalan Alor for sumptious hawker foodChangkat Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 56100
- Sample mouthwatering snacks and food. - Shopping fervor and bag a bargain at the lively Petaling Street Market. - Bargain for imitation products.Jalan Petaling Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50000
- The oldest (1873) richest South Indian-styled Hindu temple in Kuala Lumpur. - An important place of worship for early Indian immigrants; now important cultural and national heritage.53100
A must for adventurous foodies, sample your way through this bustling road at night for fantastic street food.Jalan Alor Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50200
The Rumah Penghulu Abu Seman - a mock-Tudor building. In the garden is a reconstructed headmans house made of timber - it displays detailed carvings and is furnished in the style of a 1930s house.Jalan Stonor Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50450
- Prominent retail belt that is home to many landmark shopping centres, al-fresco cafés, swanky bars, night markets, as well as hawker-type eateries. - Popular among tourists and locals.Kuala Lumpur 55100
- 12 main galleries which is classified according to the types of artifacts. - Hosts an amazing display of jewelry, textile, arms and armor, ceramics as well as ancient Islamic glass ware.50480
+ The World Largest Free-Flight-Walk-In Aviary (20.9 acres) + Rapid KL Bus No. B115 (Kotaraya to Jalan Parlimen) + KL Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus, Station No. 14 Open: 9am-6pm (daily) + RM48 (A)/ RM38 (C)Jalan Cenderawasih Kuala Lumpur 50480
- Large capacity of 15,000 people (13-acre land). Built on the site of a church in 1965. Symbol of the Islamic country of Malaysia. Roof design of an open umbrella; minarets like folded umbrella.Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 43200
+ Famous for IT Gadget centre + Good price for GoPro Video Camera other Japanese brand camerasJalan 1/77 Kuala Lumpur 55100
-Pack a picnic and stroll through this green oasis in the city. Get an early start or exploring after the worst of the heat has passed. - Next to orchid hibiscus garden; bird, butterfly park50480
The National Monument is a sculpture that commemorates those who died in Malaysias struggle for freedom, principally against the Japanese occupation during World War II and the Malayan Emergency.Jalan Kebun Bunga Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur 50480
- The station is notable for its architecture, adopting a mixture of Eastern and Western designs. - Close toNational Mosque and Dayabumi Complex.Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur 50621
+ Shopping complex + Indoor amusement park + Mini Taipei Street Food + Cinema + Grand Staircase (Musical Staircase)Jalan Imbi Kuala Lumpur 55100
- In close proximity to the Lake Gardens. - It provides an overview of Malaysian history and culture. - It is a palatial structure built in the style of Rumah Gadang, (Minangkabau architecture).Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 56000
-Malaysian pewter manufacturer and retailer, the largest of its type in the world. -It is recognized as a Malaysian brand icon. -The worlds largest pewter tankard (Guinness Book of Records, 1985).Jalan Usahawan 6 Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 53300
- The palace was originally a double-storey mansion which called The Big House built in 1928 by a local Chinese millionaire, Chan Wing.Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur 50460
- Ornate Chinese temple dedicated to the Queen of Heaven, Thean Hou, protectorate of people who make their living from the sea. - Panoramic views of KL alone make the trip up the hill worthwhile.Persiaran Endah Kuala Lumpur Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
- One of the most popular Hindu shrines outside India, dedicated to Lord Murugan. - Hosts Hindu festival of Thaipusam. - The limestone forming Batu Caves is around 400 million years old.Middle Ring Road II Batu Caves Selangor 68100
Good place to see animals which inhibits in Malaysia, eg Malayan tigers, orang utan.
- Wonderful activities for kids to learn role-playing and have fun. - Surrounded by big shopping malls, where parents could take turns to have lunch or shop while kids enjoy themselves.Petaling Jaya Selangor 47810
- The 515 ha Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) founded in 1929. - Popular for picnics, jogging, nature education, bird watching, jungle trekking and nature photography.Selayang 28000
- Fun place for family to enjoy water activity, arcade, petting zoo and other parks. - Next to a huge shopping mall for a quick lunch/ dinner fix, and catch a movie.Petaling Jaya 46150