About This Listing
Beautiful newly renovated apartment next door to the National Cathedral! Sleeps 4-5 people, High definition cable and Wireless Internet Included, Short Walking distance to metro, Whole Foods and a brand new grocery store and CVS literally steps away!
Beautiful newly renovated apartment next door to the National Cathedral! Sleeps 4-5 people, High definition cable and Wireless Internet Included, Short Walking distance to the metro train station!! Trendy restaurants, shops and stores right across the street!! Stay in the city, but away from all the congestion!!
-Wifi internet television
Interaction with Guests
Guests have full access to the premises and host can easily be reached, if needed.
Great neighborhood of Cleveland Park. Full of great restaurants, parks, and history.
-Walking distance to convenient stores across the street.
-Nearby metro station (Cleveland Park)
We can also refer you to a transportation service here in the city that caters to all your needs and can even be your private tour guide! Please inquire for more details if you are interested!
Other Things to Note
Please contact us directly about parking options
No smoking or pets please, 5 guests maximum for stay.
El departamento está en muy buen estado tal como se ve en las fotos. El edificio tiene lavarropas y secarropas. La ubicación es buena aunque no tiene ninguna parada de metro a menos de 1 km. Considero que podrían mejorar la limpieza del departamento. Los aires aconcicionados funcionan perfectamente.
The location is great--easy access to lunch and dinner spots, ideal for attending Flower Mart at the National Cathedral, which was part of the reason my husband and I visited Washington. The apartment was disappointing and not as pictured or described in the reviews.
1. It smelled musty, though the windows did open and it could be aired.
2. It is not located at 36th and Lowell, as shown on the AirBnb map, but on Wisconsin Ave and Macomb. I only realized this after I received the pre-arrival information and it was too late to change the reservation without forfeiting $$.
3. The views are not as pictured or as described by other reviewers. There is no view of the National Cathedral (as described in one review); and the view pictured in the ad that shows a brick building that looks a bit like National Cathedral School (which is what one would have seen if it were on 36th and Lowell, as shown on the map) is in reality a dirt pit/excavation work site; fortunately, the other 2 windows look out at a pretty neighboring garden.
4. Worst, there was no welcome basket (as reported in other reviews) and all restaurants nearby were closed in the morning--and so there was NO COFFEE or TEA available in the apartment, and no food (we only thought about Giant food store later) within a mile (we had decided not to rent a car based on the reviews that said there were restaurants close by, so this was problematic).
5. Noisy at night--you could hear traffic and ambulances on Wisconsin ave.
The apartment is quite small also--the picture conveys a sense of space that it lacks.
Place is not what we thought it was going to be like. Pictures look way nicer that it is. That said, is an okay place, good location but it is a very small place. Bedroom is very small, it is not what it looks in the pictures and it looks like a guy lives there, not a girl. Communication with the owner was not very good. We only text rather than call and it may take a while before he responds. He wanted us to check in at 3pm, because he needed to clean the place and we had to leave before 11am. I had much better experiences in Airbnb, this was an okay one.
The reservation was canceled 3 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The host was great and communicated via telephone, the area is nice with a lot of restaurants nearby and the metro about 15 minute walk. Because of the cold Uber was very useful, and took us to our destinations for $10 or less!
The apartment was perfect for the 3 guest we had, easy access and perfect all around! Thanks for a great experience....
This apartment was exactly as pictured. We were visiting friends within walking distance and really just used this place to sleep at. The place was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We appreciated all the pillows because we each use a lot when we sleep. One of us slept on the sofa and that was just fine too. We were expecting this place to be cold (DC in the winter) but it wasn't! We didn't even turn on the heat but we were all fine. We travelled with a child and there was plenty of space for him to move around. Also the host left plenty of fresh towels and face cloths. If you are sensitive to noise I suggest you bring earplugs. There was only 1 night we heard the upstairs neighbor but the earplugs took care of that- and I was the only one it bothered. We used Lyft a lot while we were there and it was always fast no matter what time. There's also a SunTrust right across the street, so that was convenient for us. If you're sensitive to air fresheners or fragrances you may want to let the host know. I think these products are used during cleaning but we have a few people in our family who are either sensitive or allergic and we didn't think to ask when we booked.
We had a great weekend in Washington. The apartment was nice and clean, in a beautiful neighborhood with plenty of restaurants, and close to the METRO station, which is 4 stops far from downtown. Great location and we could park next to the building! Although we didn't meet Mikhail in person, it was easy to contact him for any question. We recommend this apartment!
This host has 117 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, One Source Properties
Seattle Washington Native. Active Snowboarder, Surfer, World Traveler
Nativo de Seattle, Washington. Snowboarder activo, Surfero, viajero mundial.
Seattle Washington autochtone. Snowboarder active, Surfer, Traveler mondiale.